Kids say the darndest things : Part 2

Comments

• My youngest son had a loose tooth and since he is my "baby" I was going on and on about how my baby can't be losing his first tooth! That is when he said "Mom, when I lose my tooth, I am going to become a man".

:D
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    a little off track, but I had a "moment" watching my seven year old son shred to Iron Maiden's "Number of the Beast" on "Guitar Hero Three" while my 11 year old daughter is doing a head-stand singing, "6...6,6"...

If my ex-wife walked in just then...she would've howled!

I'm a great influence on them..

..and yes, we play "even flow" every time they come over as well!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Hah, nice. Don't feel bad though; I watch my 2-year-old cousin, who now loves to trash about to White Zombie.

Three crooked hearts, swirls all around

You can't spell Gossard without G-O-D
    my sons gonna be a punk rockin' head banger..

I can tell..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    my son is 8 and i tok him to see ed in san diego. he liked it but was exhausted. we are from ny so i blame it on the time difference b/c at home h eloves to stay up late and never tires. so he said to me "i was tired b/c you didn't take me to see pearl jam!!!!! if they were doing evolution i dont thin ki would have gotten tired" haha he is probably right :D but a long way off from going to a PJ show!
  • _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    The other day, my 3 yr. old said to my 4 yr. old, "Who says 'who made up the myth?'" And the 4 yr. old replied, "EDDIE!" And they both went into a fit of giggles. I don't get the joke, but it was cute anyway.
    Another time, at least a year ago, the 4 yr. old (then 3) picked up her play telephone and said, "Hi. Well the waiting drove me mad. Bye." And hung up. I can't remember if I've shared that before, but it was hilarious.
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • The other day, my 3 yr. old said to my 4 yr. old, "Who says 'who made up the myth?'" And the 4 yr. old replied, "EDDIE!" And they both went into a fit of giggles. I don't get the joke, but it was cute anyway.
    Another time, at least a year ago, the 4 yr. old (then 3) picked up her play telephone and said, "Hi. Well the waiting drove me mad. Bye." And hung up. I can't remember if I've shared that before, but it was hilarious.

Those are two hilarious kids! :D But it looks like you've been letting them listen to a little too much Satan's Bed. ;)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    Those are two hilarious kids! :D But it looks like you've been letting them listen to a little too much Satan's Bed. ;)

yeah, fortunately they don't know what most of the words mean. If I ever hear them quote another part of the song, I'll have to put it away for a while.
  • yeah, fortunately they don't know what most of the words mean. If I ever hear them quote another part of the song, I'll have to put it away for a while.

"Who never sucked Satan's dick?" "EDDIE!" :p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    My two year old daughter was tearing around the house, as she does sometimes, just running and laughing and screaming, then she ran into her room and got really quiet. So I went in there and she was sitting on one of her chairs being silent. I asked her if she was ok and she looked at me and said, "I just need to calm down!"
    Another time my mom was over visiting and my daughter was climbing on her and bouncing on the couch by her so my mom asked her what she was doing and my daughter yelled, "I'm freaking out!" :)
    "Who never sucked Satan's dick?" "EDDIE!" :p

OMG!! What would I do if they ever said that??? :o
  • OMG!! What would I do if they ever said that??? :o

Probably laugh, then throw your copy of Vitalogy into a nearby fire. :p

But hey - it'd make a helluva story for this thread. Make it happen! :D
  • my 2 step daughters were shooting at the dog with toy guns, and the 5 year old says, "shoot him in the head like Abraham Lincoln!"
  • locked wrote:
    a little off track, but I had a "moment" watching my seven year old son shred to Iron Maiden's "Number of the Beast" on "Guitar Hero Three" while my 11 year old daughter is doing a head-stand singing, "6...6,6"...

If my ex-wife walked in just then...she would've howled!

I'm a great influence on them..

..and yes, we play "even flow" every time they come over as well!

sounds like us, got my 5 year old step daughter on tape singing "run to the hills"
    (rock-band)
    sounds like us, got my 5 year old step daughter on tape singing "run to the hills"
    (rock-band)

we are the people our parents warned us about..

yes?

:)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
    bump?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    nocode23 wrote:
    My two year old daughter was tearing around the house, as she does sometimes, just running and laughing and screaming, then she ran into her room and got really quiet. So I went in there and she was sitting on one of her chairs being silent. I asked her if she was ok and she looked at me and said, "I just need to calm down!"
    Another time my mom was over visiting and my daughter was climbing on her and bouncing on the couch by her so my mom asked her what she was doing and my daughter yelled, "I'm freaking out!" :)

I really think you need to hide the coffee.
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • robowskirobowski Posts: 143
    how about my daughter describing a large car as
    "Gimungous!" - i guess its a cross between giant and humungous or huge - lol it got me laughing because she streched it out and was almost out of breathe when she finished the word - gggggiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmuuuuunnngggggooooouuuuuussssssssss!!!!!!!!!
    As you live your life in sometimes quiet desperation, facing adversity and tragedy: if you have hope and love, that mixture helps you overcome that tragedy and go on with the rest of your life.”
    --Jack Lengyel
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Not sure if I have posted this before but I was just thinking about it the other day since it was my daughter's 10th birthday.
    Anyway when she was in kindergarten her Open House night fell on the same night as the VFC show in St Louis. So Katie, my sweet innocent kindergartener, told her teacher that her mom and dad would not be able to come because her mom had to go see her boyfriend that night. hehehe

I could never face her teacher after that!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
    another "Guitar hero III" moment..

My 7 year old did the Mikey "closed eyes / head back" during the his "even flow" solo..

Think I've been playing PJ DVD's a little much?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    went to pick up take out a few weeks ago, and i am driving in the car with my ex husband and my son. we pull up outside the place and the ex is trying to get me to go in b/c he doesn't feel like it - my 8 year old who i thought was paying NO attention just blurts out:

"daddy...be the man, go get the food"

waaaaaaaa! we busted out laughing. i knew in time he'd figure out why we were divorced w/o me ever saying a bad thing about his dad. hahaha.
    bump..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    My 2 year old has recently discovered mustard and wants to put it on everything. Yesterday she wanted to hold it while she ate her dinner. (I don't know why; she just did.) So I gave it to her, and she was trying like hell to get the lid off. Luckily, she couldn't open it...lol. But, she kept trying and she finally said, "What's goin' on with this thing? I need to fix it, mama. I think it needs batteries." lol! :D
  • My 2 year old has recently discovered mustard and wants to put it on everything. Yesterday she wanted to hold it while she ate her dinner. (I don't know why; she just did.) So I gave it to her, and she was trying like hell to get the lid off. Luckily, she couldn't open it...lol. But, she kept trying and she finally said, "What's goin' on with this thing? I need to fix it, mama. I think it needs batteries." lol! :D
    :eek: Self-opening/squirting mustard!

Patents are already pending, J.Lo. :mad: :p
  • mertmert Posts: 167
    My two year old nephew has started leaking through his diapers, and says he's melting when this happens. :)
    mindi wrote:
    Not sure if I have posted this before but I was just thinking about it the other day since it was my daughter's 10th birthday.
    Anyway when she was in kindergarten her Open House night fell on the same night as the VFC show in St Louis. So Katie, my sweet innocent kindergartener, told her teacher that her mom and dad would not be able to come because her mom had to go see her boyfriend that night. hehehe

I could never face her teacher after that!

LOL! My sister-in-law and I were watching a hockey game a few months ago, and said something about our boyfriends on the team. My nephew then piped up that they are HIS boyfriends too! ;)
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    yesterday zoe age 9 asked, if you bleed in space do you bleed blue cause theres no oxygen?.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    My son informed me the other day that an Octopus has eight testicles :eek:
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
    My son informed me the other day that an Octopus has eight testicles :eek:

LOL!
    that would explain their bad ass demeanor!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    "I'm a penny Mexican"
    >said by my son when he was little!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    God, I could go on forever - But here are some classic Harrison lines (He's 6)

"Sarah, we don't pay you to sit here and talk, we pay you to play, so lets go!"

"I don't feel like going to the zoo, if you wanna go so badly, make Josh (my husband) go with you, not me"

"Hey LADY (woman walking across the street) try to hustle it up a little, will ya!

"I wanna make a Birthday cake, you know, for the hell of it"

"Daddy said if he gets another parking ticket, he's going to fire bomb the city office"

Me -"Do you want milk or water?" Harrison - "How about a beer?"