Kids say the darndest things : Part 2

Comments

• Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    AWWWWW So cute! One of the girl's I take care of is 1...such a fun age.

I know. I seriously have more fun with her every day. She is just awesome. :D
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    I know. I seriously have more fun with her every day. She is just awesome. :D
    What's her name? When's her bday?
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    My son says to me yesterday...
    Mom you shouldn't drink "sink water" it has tentacle's.
    I was like what??
    So I start asking him like an octopus and squid? He says no mom, you know tentacles like germs...so a couple of hours go by I'm still dumb founded, then finally it hit's me, what he ment to say was...
    "Mom you shouldn't drink sink water, because it has chemicals."
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    imspinnin wrote:
    My son says to me yesterday...
    Mom you shouldn't drink "sink water" it has tentacle's.
    I was like what??
    So I start asking him like an octopus and squid? He says no mom, you know tentacles like germs...so a couple of hours go by I'm still dumb founded, then finally it hit's me, what he ment to say was...
    "Mom you shouldn't drink sink water, because it has chemicals."

tentacle's = chemicals.

LMAO!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • corycory Posts: 736
    Listening to the radio coming back from my in-laws house and Dazed and Confused comes on. My daughter, who is 10, asks who was singing. I said that's Led Zeppelin. She says "Really? More like Lame Zeppelin."

Kids today. No respect for their elders.
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
    here's a new one..

I was with my six year old son going to get an icecream.
    We pulled into the parking lot next to a Jeep that was completly coverered in mud.

My son asked why it was so dirty..

I told him the owner must have taken it four-wheeling..

He thinks about it and says, "looks more like FIVE-wheeling!"...
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
    My kids have are facinated by my Who Dvd from their 12/2/06 show in Boston..

I guess they can't beleive "old guys" can rock out so hard..

My 8 year old daughter saw a picture of Pete Townsend in a magaizine and said to me..
    "Daddy.. isn't that Pete Windmill?"
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
    where's the new stories all gone?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    Me: "so are you working harder this year or last year, at the old school?"
    He: "Last year, but today we learned a very difficult word... like 7th grade difficult"
    Me: "Oh yeah? What word is it?"
    He: "Permittedher"
    Me: "Oh... not even I know that word"
    He: "OMG... you don't know what permittedher means?"
    Me: "no I don't"
    He: "so imagine this is a piece of carpet... the edge here, all around... that's permittedher!"
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
    meme wrote:
    Me: "so are you working harder this year or last year, at the old school?"
    He: "Last year, but today we learned a very difficult word... like 7th grade difficult"
    Me: "Oh yeah? What word is it?"
    He: "Permittedher"
    Me: "Oh... not even I know that word"
    He: "OMG... you don't know what permittedher means?"
    Me: "no I don't"
    He: "so imagine this is a piece of carpet... the edge here, all around... that's permittedher!"

great!
    that's classic..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • barakabaraka Posts: 1,268
    I was in line at the grocery store with my, then, 2 1/2 year old. She was in the cart facing the opposite direction from me when she said, 'look mommy,a pirate!' Pirates of the Caribbean II had just come out and I thought she saw 'Jack Sparrow' on something. I ask her where this 'pirate' was and she said, 'right behind you mommy'. I turned around to see some dude with an eye patch waiting in line. I was surprised and speechless. He was not amused. My daughter continued to make pirate sounds 'arg!' until we left.
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance,
    but the illusion of knowledge.
    ~Daniel Boorstin

Only a life lived for others is worth living.
    ~Albert Einstein
  • baraka wrote:
    I was in line at the grocery store with my, then, 2 1/2 year old. She was in the cart facing the opposite direction from me when she said, 'look mommy,a pirate!' Pirates of the Caribbean II had just come out and I thought she saw 'Jack Sparrow' on something. I ask her where this 'pirate' was and she said, 'right behind you mommy'. I turned around to see some dude with an eye patch waiting in line. I was surprised and speechless. He was not amused. My daughter continued to make pirate sounds 'arg!' until we left.

My uncle has told my cousin (4yo) that pirates wear eye patches because if they're picking in their noses on the sea and they slip out... Well, you can imagine.
    Once in the supermarket there was this elderly woman with an eye patch, and he started going like "Looook, Dani, A PIRATE!!!"
    I was like "Well, uhm, maybe she can't see on that eye, or she has some illness... She doesn't have to be a pirate y'know"
    His answer: "Or maybe she was on a ship and picked her nose..."

I'm so glad that the lady didn't hear anything^^

And once we were going on the underground, and he and his father went a bit further. So, my uncle told me not to get involved with any strange men that night... I was about stepping out of the underground, and my cousin screamed after me "And not with WOMEEEEEN, DAAAANI, NO WOMEN!"
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your own home.
  • I walked by the bathroom the other evening and my 5 yr old was standing at the toilet with his pants down. He was saying something so I had to stop and listen. He was saying "come on, come on, come on". I kinda got worried that something may be wrong, but just as I was going to go in to check and make sure he was ok he started to whizz and shouted "thar she blows!" I laughed so hard, I almost cried.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • today, by my 4-yr-old:
    "Mama, why did Eddie name a song 'Blood?'"
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • My daughter, who was about 4 at the time, was quietly coloring next to me in the den where I do work from home sometimes. I was working, and it just felt like a nice quiet moment. Then she goes (in that sweet little 4 year old voice...so innocent):

"Mommy, fuck is not a bad word". She didn't even look up from her coloring! Real matter-of-fact. Not a question...but a statement that it was NOT a bad word. I tried not to laugh mostly because you don't need to encourage it, but I did say,

"Actually, yes. It is a bad word. I know Mommy uses that word a whole bunch and I promise I will try harder to not use that word." I still use it. I am a bad mother.
  • she'll be ahead of the game when she starts elementary school, dont worry!

When i was first seeing my boyfriend we used to sleep on the couch in the living room coz he was sharing a room with his brother.

One morning his little sister, who was seven at the time, came into the living room whilst we were half asleep and said:

'you two are going to have a baby if you keep doing that'

i was astonished. either kids think sharing a bed makes you pregnant or she knew too much for her age...
    we recently brought our family cat back from a check-up at the vet, who told us she has to go on a strict diet to avoid kidney problems.

When breaking the news to the kids (9 and 6) I began saying: "The vet said that we should be careful of her kidneys..."

to which the kids gasped "She has KIDNEYS!"

(thinking it was the name of a disease not an internal organ)

:)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Hmmm. My nephews were quizzing me on how I got pregnant. One of them said 'Did the doctor put the baby in there'? :eek:
  • My absolute favourites came from my half-sister, who is 15 years younger than me, and I went to stay with my dad's for an entire summer when she was 2, the summer Avocado came out. She loooooooooves when I play guitar and one day she wanted to watch a "guitar movie". I happened to come prepared with Live at the Garden, and she watched the ENTIRE thing, completely transfixed, asking all sorts of questions about the boys. She looooooves Eddie and always requests "Eddie songs" in the car now, which is funny because my stepmom and dad HATE them but she can't be tricked either, she totally knows his voice and when it's Pearl Jam playing. Once that summer my dad had the Stones playing and she goes, "Dad, this isn't MY Eddie" and he goes, "No sweetie, it's Mick Jagger" and she thought about it and goes "I don't think I like him." We had to buy her a "baby 'tar" so she could "play" along with me and the music and we decided to take the newest member of Pearl Jam :) to my grandmother's one day. It was maybe a couple weeks after she had first been introduced to the band and when we got there, I asked Emy if we should play Grammy an "Eddie song" (that's pretty much synonomous with Pearl Jam for her, and I'd never heard her call them anything but "Eddie" collectively). My grandmother looks at her and goes, "You don't know who Eddie is" and she just looked at her in all seriousness with her cute little toy guitar and said "Pearl Jam." I just about DIED! That showed her for underestimating a 2-year-old's knowledge of her older sister's obsession! :D

She still knows who they are, over a year later. I have a dog named Eddie at home and I was showing her pictures about a month ago when I went down for a visit and she asked what his name was, so I told her, and then she said, "Oh I know him! I saw him make music on my TV right over there! I love Eddie!" It was cute, I hadn't mentioned Pearl Jam in over a year and she still knows exactly what it is.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
    got a new one...

I was walking through a store parking lot with my 7 year old son yesterday when he spies one of those a car air freshner trees on the pavement and says..
    "so THAT's why it smells so good outside!"...

"This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    haha these are all great guys :D

it's not often i can happily look through every post in an 8 page thread :)
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • My daughter was watching Sesame Street this morning in the family room. I was watching the Today Show in another room while I finished getting ready. She ran into the room all excitedly screaming and said, "YOU KNOW THAT BROWN MAN FROM THIS SHOW (pointing to the Today Show), HE'S ON SESAME STREET RIGHT NOW".

Then she yanked me down the hall. Sure enough...there was Al Roker.
    My daughter was watching Sesame Street this morning in the family room. I was watching the Today Show in another room while I finished getting ready. She ran into the room all excitedly screaming and said, "YOU KNOW THAT BROWN MAN FROM THIS SHOW (pointing to the Today Show), HE'S ON SESAME STREET RIGHT NOW".

Then she yanked me down the hall. Sure enough...there was Al Roker.

LOL...
    almost Beatle-like hysteria..yes?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    bgivens33 wrote:
    my sis inlaws niece... when she was 3 or so, my sis was going over animal sounds with her.

what does a cow say? mooo
    what does a cat say? meow
    what does a duck say? afflac

it was pretty funny.

ha. that kid watches too much tv....
  • Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    My absolute favourites came from my half-sister, who is 15 years younger than me, and I went to stay with my dad's for an entire summer when she was 2, the summer Avocado came out. She loooooooooves when I play guitar and one day she wanted to watch a "guitar movie". I happened to come prepared with Live at the Garden, and she watched the ENTIRE thing, completely transfixed, asking all sorts of questions about the boys. She looooooves Eddie and always requests "Eddie songs" in the car now, which is funny because my stepmom and dad HATE them but she can't be tricked either, she totally knows his voice and when it's Pearl Jam playing. Once that summer my dad had the Stones playing and she goes, "Dad, this isn't MY Eddie" and he goes, "No sweetie, it's Mick Jagger" and she thought about it and goes "I don't think I like him." We had to buy her a "baby 'tar" so she could "play" along with me and the music and we decided to take the newest member of Pearl Jam :) to my grandmother's one day. It was maybe a couple weeks after she had first been introduced to the band and when we got there, I asked Emy if we should play Grammy an "Eddie song" (that's pretty much synonomous with Pearl Jam for her, and I'd never heard her call them anything but "Eddie" collectively). My grandmother looks at her and goes, "You don't know who Eddie is" and she just looked at her in all seriousness with her cute little toy guitar and said "Pearl Jam." I just about DIED! That showed her for underestimating a 2-year-old's knowledge of her older sister's obsession! :D

She still knows who they are, over a year later. I have a dog named Eddie at home and I was showing her pictures about a month ago when I went down for a visit and she asked what his name was, so I told her, and then she said, "Oh I know him! I saw him make music on my TV right over there! I love Eddie!" It was cute, I hadn't mentioned Pearl Jam in over a year and she still knows exactly what it is.

That story is so sweet and adorable. She's going to be a little rocker. Thanks for sharing.
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • locked wrote:
    LOL...
    almost Beatle-like hysteria..yes?

I had to walk away. I was laughing so hard.
  • bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    So, my 5 year old was going potty yesterday morning and asked me why his pee pee "pops". I said, that is what happens to little boys in the morning (I'm a Mom) and it's normal. He then proceeds to say "but it pops during the day too" and when you were a little girl did your pee pee pop?

I almost lost it but remained straight faced and sat there and pondered if that how it feels.
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
  • locked wrote:
    got a new one...

I was walking through a store parking lot with my 7 year old son yesterday when he spies one of those a car air freshner trees on the pavement and says..
    "so THAT's why it smells so good outside!"...

freakin' hilarious!!!
    the one about the cat was also a good one:D
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    zoe: throw him in the water

me: you cant throw people in the harbour

zoe: its only illegal if theyre in a sack and dead.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    bumping this up for some more posts???
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford