The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    so how both teams may play :

Rapid Bukarest: Coman - M. Constantin, Maftei, Rada - Badol, Stancu, Dica, Karamyan - Buga, Niculea, Negru.

Hamburger SV: Wächter - Mahdavikia, Boulahrouz, van Buyten, Demel - Wicky - de Jong, Trochowski - van der Vaart - Barbarez, Takahara

i belive Hamburg will win;)

Hope HSV win. So 3 dutchmen starts with HSV. Holland is already taken over Germany. Germany will colour orange next summer.
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Rangers have agreed a 10-year licence agreement with sports retailer JJB Sports worth a minimum of £48m.
    The Glasgow club will receive an initial payment of £18m on 7 June, when they launch their new Umbro home kit.

A guaranteed minimum annual royalty of £3m will be received by Rangers in each year of the licence.

Rangers chairman David Murray said: "It will allow for the reduction of the club's debt and enable further investment to be made in the team."

Murray, who had promised a major announcement once his side were out of the Champions League, said the club's facilities would also benefit.

But there is sure to be job losses, with the present Rangers Shop chain, which employs 200 people, likely to close.

The arrangement capitalises on our strong current retail trading position

David Murray

Rangers say they "will now enter into a period of consultation with the affected staff".

The agreement will allow JJB, who already have tie-ins with Wigan Athletic and Everton, to retail all Rangers' branded sports and leisurewear in their 439 stores across the UK.

As well as the guaranteed £3m royalties each year, Rangers will also be given additional payments when certain levels of turnover are met by the sports company.

"The arrangement capitalises on our strong current retail trading position and will enhance future revenue streams through greater availability and continuity of the quality and range of Rangers product," added Murray.

However, Rangers are not yet saying anything about a successor to Alex McLeish as manager.

Former Lyon coach Paul Le Guen is reported to have agreed a two-year contract and an announcement of that could be triggered by confirmation of the latest investment.

McLeish, who took Rangers further in the Champions League than any previous Scottish side before Tuesday's exit in Villarreal, has already announced that he will be standing down at the end of the season.

Ibrox fans hit back at critics

But, when asked if it was possible he could leave earlier, he has simply replied that "I'm here until someone tells me otherwise".

That appears to leave open the possibility of Le Guen taking charge for the run-in to a disappointing domestic campaign.

Rangers, already out of both cup competitions, lie third, well adrift of leaders Celtic, also behind Hearts, and in danger of missing out on qualification for next season's Champions League.

Fans representative David Edgar believes it is time for Murray to make his intentions clear.

"There's no point in this dragging on now," the Rangers Trust spokesman told BBC Sport.

"Rangers are going to have to give the fans something to invest their season ticket money in sooner rather than later."

WOOOOhoooo...money for Le Guen to spend on players..once he gets here ;)
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Gers should return to adidas like Liverpool..some of the best kits Gers had were made by adidas..Nike too actually
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Gers should return to adidas like Liverpool..some of the best kits Gers had were made by adidas..Nike too actually

This current Umbro shirt is real nice, but yeh i loved the Adidas shirt Super Ally used to wear :)
    The 9 in a row shirt is classic

I'm quite excited..not long now till the Gers are back up top, keeping the blue flag flying high
    sta402328py.jpg
    I'm quite excited..not long now till the Gers are back up top, keeping the blue flag flying high
    like Liverpool..i think the only way for that is to buy better strikers..esp cover for Prso
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    sta402328py.jpg
    thats a nice one...their white kits are usually nicer than their blue imo..cept this season's :D

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    thats a nice one...their white kits are usually nicer than their blue imo..cept this season's :D

haha..and that isn't you being anti-English nu-uh :D
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    like Liverpool..i think the only way for that is to buy better strikers..esp cover for Prso

Hopefully with Le Guen's pedigree he can tempt players to come to the SPL..they might think if it's good enough for a class coach like him..
    The german clubs are doing very well in the Uefa Cup, esspecially HSV.
    haha..and that isn't you being anti-English nu-uh :D
    :D
    so glad they are changing their away kit for next season :D

YNWA
    Hey Ladygooddiva, what is wrong with the German teams at the moment? Is Rapid so good or is HSV so bad?
    Schalke losing as well...bad month for German football so far

YNWA
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    Klumpie wrote:
    Hey Ladygooddiva, what is wrong with the German teams at the moment? Is Rapid so good or is HSV so bad?

no to both of your question rapis had to chances to goal that´s it ...the first was luck and well the second was amazing ...of course doll is dissapointed ...
    well hsv can win in hamburg 3:0 that´s what can be ...bec. rapid isn´t that good .they only play agressive to much and i don´t like the fans of their club ...i don´t like such behavor ...it´s ok to buh etc. when something is wrong but not as they did
    and rapid was playing to pressure ...so the german teams should play like german teams:D
    i myself i was dissapointed ...maybe you can say what´s wrong with this guy ...de jong ...i really like him and when i heard he plays for hsv i was really like i´m 12 :D but now come on after the bayern match i was like yea he found himself but now again ....
    i think doll really need to make a real strong announcement.
    but i belive there is still a chance for HSV .@home hsv is allways a force and with us(fans) in the back it´s possible...
    no to both of your question rapis had to chances to goal that´s it ...the first was luck and well the second was amazing ...of course doll is dissapointed ...
    well hsv can win in hamburg 3:0 that´s what can be ...bec. rapid isn´t that good .they only play agressive to much and i don´t like the fans of their club ...i don´t like such behavor ...it´s ok to buh etc. when something is wrong but not as they did
    and rapid was playing to pressure ...so the german teams should play like german teams:D
    i myself i was dissapointed ...maybe you can say what´s wrong with this guy ...de jong ...i really like him and when i heard he plays for hsv i was really like i´m 12 :D but now come on after the bayern match i was like yea he found himself but now again ....
    i think doll really need to make a real strong announcement.
    but i belive there is still a chance for HSV .@home hsv is allways a force and with us(fans) in the back it´s possible...

De Jong isn't just as good as you think. He was never in the first eleven of Ajax (OK they have bad coach). De Jong is a player like Seedorf, if he listen to the coach and do his job as the coach wanted, he will be a great player. But just like Seedorf he doesn't listen that much to a coach, esspecially if they found themselfs important (scored the winner against bayern)
    But the Romanian teams are doing very in Europe, they aren't that bad.
    Schalke lost 1-0!
    Boro actually won lol
    they might get hammered at Rome though...Roma is really missing Totti eh.

YNWA
    Klumpie wrote:
    De Jong isn't just as good as you think. He was never in the first eleven of Ajax (OK they have bad coach). De Jong is a player like Seedorf, if he listen to the coach and do his job as the coach wanted, he will be a great player. But just like Seedorf he doesn't listen that much to a coach, esspecially if they found themselfs important (scored the winner against bayern)

Really so why did we both him !!!Acctually beiersdorf is doin a good buying politics etc.mmmhhh .But he is now in germany and the anger of doll you really see that .Actually he is a friendly guy but yesterday oh oh...
    and de jong as overplayed his credit.i meant laurels.He can´t rest on his laurels anymore ....
    and well schalke lost to what a day :(:(
    Klumpie wrote:
    Schalke lost 1-0!

so they still have a chance just have to do 2 or 3 goals ...
    but great that boro won :so they ´ve to win the backgame too ;) possible !!!!

and this rumänia clubs or some of them play allways pressure ...attacking very early and playing rough ...sorry i don´t like the style of them ....they play high agressive ...
    ballack is leaving byern münchen (the club has addmited that) chelsea is leading the race ....
    so now they are searching for a replacement for him ...any suggestions???
    he is gonna rot in Chelski..unless Lampard moves to Barcelona
    replacements..hmm..i can't think of anyone established enough who would wanna join Bayern.

YNWA
    i have no idear but if ballack just sit on the bench or what ever it ´s his problem
    but hey for that money ???? !!!!
    anyways nobody knows what bayern munic allready has (maybe)

bye the way sunday clashes:

(who are intresting for me)

MANCHESTER UNITED v NEWCASTLE
    (i don´t think it´s a big deal manu will win)

HSV v KAISERSLAUTERN
    hamburg has to be carefull and take them serious i guess hsv will win)
    and west ham clash with bolton (again ) on saturday
    and on the 15 they meet again (FA cup)

i guess after all they can´t see each other:D

i hope west ham win both clashes;)
    i wouldnt underestimate Newcastle..they are the form team now.
    we play ARSE-anal this weekend..then Newcastle,Everton..lotsa important fixtures coming up at the wrong time for us.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i wouldnt underestimate Newcastle..they are the form team now.
    we play ARSE-anal this weekend..then Newcastle,Everton..lotsa important fixtures coming up at the wrong time for us.

i don´t do that but ok i think we are in good form too now(i hope:D)

good time for us i don´t know ...we ´ve to stop talking about the changing etc. in the team ..it has to be all on the pitch now ...after newcastle,west brom,than birmingham city ..west ham ...
    but i think the hardest stuff comes in april bolton
    arsenal
    boro will be hard i think ...
    and chelsea if i am right ...
    yeh..very tight fixture list for us...cos we are still in the FA Cup
    have midweek game too against Fulham and FA Cup with Brums.
    so at times...it might have been a blessing in disguise that we don't have the CL anymore...but we have to win the FA Cup now if not the fans will not be happy.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh..very tight fixture list for us...cos we are still in the FA Cup
    have midweek game too against Fulham and FA Cup with Brums.
    so at times...it might have been a blessing in disguise that we don't have the CL anymore...but we have to win the FA Cup now if not the fans will not be happy.

we ain´t so doesn´t border us as you know ...can be as we all know we are out there since long:D:D
    but hey i would understand if you aren´t happy:D