The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    yeh i hope Wigan can continue this fairytale story next season and not fade away like we seen Ipswich etc do before.
    they were very unlucky last night..they played very well.
    but I guess they learnt last night that if you don't finish your chances..you're gonne be punished at top flight level
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    today and tommorow:

07/03/2006 El Madrigal Villarreal Glasgow Rangers(rangers may win)
    07/03/2006 Delle Alpi Juventus Turin Bremen(bremen has to win)
    07/03/2006 Nou Camp Barcelona Chelsea(i don´t care who win)
    08/03/2006 Anfield Liverpool Benfica Lissabon(liverpool win)
    08/03/2006 Gerland 20:45 Lyon Eindhoven(lyon win sorry)
    08/03/2006 Giuseppe Meazza (San Siro) AC Mailand Bayern(milan is beatable)
    08/03/2006 Highbury Arsenal London Real Madrid(hard to say )

and uefa :

09/03/2006 Renzo Barbera Palermo Schalke (schalke win)
    09/03/2006 Ghencea Stadion Steaua Bukarest Betis Sevilla
    09/03/2006 Stadium Nord Lille Sevilla
    09/03/2006 Valentin Stanescu Rapid Bukarest Hamburg(hamburg win:D)
    09/03/2006 St. Jakob-Park Basel Straßburg
    09/03/2006 Friuli 20:45 Udinese Levski Sofia
    09/03/2006 Vélodrome 20:45 Marseille Zenit St. Petersburg
    09/03/2006 Riverside Stadium Middlesbrough Roma(middlesbrough win)
    15/03/2006 AOL-Arena Hamburg Rapid Bukarest(hamburg off course)
    16/03/2006 Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán Sevilla Lille
    16/03/2006 Vassil Levski Levski Sofia Udinese
    16/03/2006 St Petrovski Stadium Zenit St. Petersburg Marseille
    16/03/2006 Veltins-Arena Schalke Palermo
    16/03/2006 Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán Betis Sevilla Steaua Bukarest
    16/03/2006 Stade de le Meinau Straßburg Basel
    16/03/2006 Olimpico 20:45 Roma Middlesbrough(middlesbrough)
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    PAUL LE GUEN has finally agreed to become the new boss of Rangers.

The former Rennes and PSG coach has shaken hands on a two-year deal to succeed Alex McLeish at the end of the season.

Le Guen will be joined at Ibrox by his assistant Yves Colleu.

The news is a boost for the Gers before tonight's Champions League tie at Villarreal in Spain.
    PAUL LE GUEN has finally agreed to become the new boss of Rangers.

The former Rennes and PSG coach has shaken hands on a two-year deal to succeed Alex McLeish at the end of the season.

Le Guen will be joined at Ibrox by his assistant Yves Colleu.

The news is a boost for the Gers before tonight's Champions League tie at Villarreal in Spain.
    i'm really surprised...read aboot it yest from Sky
    he's a good manager so hopefully he can work his magic on Gers
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i'm really surprised...read aboot it yest from Sky
    he's a good manager so hopefully he can work his magic on Gers

I'm delighted :D

PAUL LE GUEN is on his way to Ibrox as Rangers' new manager.

French newspapers have confirmed he has signed a two-year deal to take over from Alex McLeish who will quit in the summer.

Football paper L'Equipe claim le Guen resisted attempts to persuade him to accept a four-year contract.

Rangers chairman David Murray had nothing to say yesterday about a new manager but promised to make an announcement in 10 days.

A club spokesperson said: "We have no comment to make on any speculation."

But Vincent Duluc, a correspondent for L'Equipe, insists a deal with le Guen has been completed and revealed the former Rennes and Lyon boss was highly impressed by Murray.

The pair have struck up a close friendship over the past few weeks.

Le Guen has been approached by a number of high-profile European clubs but turned them all down in favour of working for Rangers and Murray.

Duluc said: "I believe it is a done deal that Paul will join Rangers. Both parties wanted to wait until the end of the second leg of the Champions League before announcing his arrival at Ibrox.

"I spoke to Paul recently and was convinced he was going to be Rangers' new manager.

"I sensed he had developed a good relationship with David Murray and liked the man.

"Paul is one of Europe's most highly-rated coaches and he knows that Rangers are a massive club."

But Duluc warned Rangers fans that although le Guen is the man to turn around the club's fortunes he may not be there for long.

He said: "Paul has signed a two-year deal because he does not believe in hanging around at clubs, whether he is successful or not.

"He stayed only three years at Rennes and Lyon and I am sure there will b e a clause in his contract to extend his deal if he wants to but it is not his style to stay too long with the one club.

"His attention to fine detail borders on the ridiculous. That is why the deal to take him to Ibrox took so long."

Wooooooooooooo
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    08/03/2006 Gerland 20:45 Lyon Eindhoven(lyon win sorry)

I'm glad we have all our own opinion.

Lyon - PSV 1-3
    PSV bought Kone of Roda JC definitive today. He played already on loan for PSV. But next week he will sign a 4 year contract with PSV.

Good news to hear, because Arsenal was also intrested in this player.
    Klumpie wrote:
    PSV bought Kone of Roda JC definitive today. He played already on loan for PSV. But next week he will sign a 4 year contract with PSV.

Good news to hear, because Arsenal was also intrested in this player.
    Kone should have equalised against Lyon too in the first leg
    sometimes luck just isn't there for strikers

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Kone should have equalised against Lyon too in the first leg
    sometimes luck just isn't there for strikers

He have to make hattrick tomorrow and I will forgot everything.
    Klumpie wrote:
    He have to make hattrick tomorrow and I will forgot everything.
    LOL!
    i think against Lyon..he was just so excited at the chance that he just hit it against the post...very unlucky

YNWA
  • wigan leads this time now :1:0 seems we loose this match ....
    but hey hsv won (:D)

so oil what is with west ham (you know i favor this boys clup lol)

West Ham are my team! i was born just near upton park.
    i do have a soft spot for Liverpool though ;)
    www.myspace.com/rockmastergeneral

To break down borders and realise that we are one species and then the true patriotism comes from pride and love of the human race, not from the tribes of which we currently are divided, open your eyes your mind will see! - ME
    thats nice to know ;)

YNWA
    So no European dates announced today, but their is still european football. It's time to forecast the matches of tonight.

Juventus Werder Bremen 3-1
    It will be a difficult match for Juventus but in the 82th and 90th minute they will score and get into the quarters

Barcelona Chelsea 2-2
    Very intresting match, with 2 excellent teams. Barcelona will make it easily.

Villarreal Glasgow Rangers 2-1
    It will be a sad match, but Villareal is just better. Their is only chance for the 'Gers' when they play with passion.
    i'll predict
    Juve to win 1-0
    Barca to win 2-1
    Gers to win 1-0

YNWA
    Klumpie wrote:
    I'm glad we have all our own opinion.

Lyon - PSV 1-3

that´s life;);)
    West Ham are my team! i was born just near upton park.

ok nice to know that ....but i don´t like ya spot;)

ok my team is/are hsv bec. i am born there and i was in the stadium in my mummys stomack;) and all of my earliest days etc.
    i love england as a country :D and i favor the english style of game ...i favour manchester united and i´ve my eyes on west ham ;)
    just a trow in (i love this headline:D):

De Jong freezes out Bayern:p:p;);)
  • tellerteller Posts: 16
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    due the confusion of the footie thread to most...i have decided to make a new thread again so there's less confusion..so feel free to discuss anything related to soccer here.

'so shall we go down with the ship?'
    just a trow in:

Kone will kick Lyons ass
    Klumpie wrote:
    just a trow in:

Kone will kick Lyons ass

just a trow again:

i hope not;)
    "the score was 50-30, the number one rookie-

"David Beckam" scores but he

was 'outrun' by Haitians!"
    just a trow again:

i hope not;)

Why not, are you so affraid Holland would pas Germany in the Uefa ranking over 2 year.
    dear 'Abby',

the best 'way' to a woman's heart,

is just to throw her a surprise

====================== BRIDAL SHOWER =====================

'shall we go down with the ship?'
    Klumpie wrote:
    Why not, are you so affraid Holland would pas Germany in the Uefa ranking over 2 year.

it´s won´t happen ...or ???i watch lyon sometimes (ubs) but i don´t favor them but they play cool sometimes ...and from holland i mostley wached ajax that´s why i was sooooooooooo happy when i heard de jong is goin to HSV;)
    but hey if psv win than it´s like that...
    Premiership footballer Craig Bellamy has been arrested by police in connection with an alleged nightclub assault on a teenage girl, it emerged on Tuesday.

The Blackburn and Wales striker was arrested and released on police bail after being questioned about an incident last month at the Number 10 nightclub on Mill Lane, Cardiff.

The complainant, a 19-year-old girl, claims she was assaulted in the popular night-spot on February 5.

Bellamy's agent declined to comment this afternoon.

A spokesman for South Wales Police said: ``We can confirm that a 26-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of assault.

'He is currently on police bail pending further inquiries.

YNWA
    we will see ...still no evidence so he´s still innoccent ...by the way is this girl a page no 3 again ?
    we will see ...still no evidence so he´s still innoccent ...by the way is this girl a page no 3 again ?
    only the other day while watching the Sperms Blackburn game i thought to meself..hmm been awhile since Bellamy has been to jail..and tada!

nah dont think shes a page 3 girl

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    only the other day while watching the Sperms Blackburn game i thought to meself..hmm been awhile since Bellamy has been to jail..and tada!

nah dont think shes a page 3 girl

ubs than he is a bad boy???

ok ....we will see what will be the resoult of this story
    ubs than he is a bad boy???

ok ....we will see what will be the resoult of this story
    yeh..he's pretty notorious..especially during his days at Newcastle
    Mark Hughes has really improved Bellamy as a person..but now this has to pop up...

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh..he's pretty notorious..especially during his days at Newcastle
    Mark Hughes has really improved Bellamy as a person..but now this has to pop up...

i see but hey hopefully they will find the truth ......