The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    Klumpie wrote:
    A half hour to go and the match of this weekend start.

PSV:
    Gomes, Lamey, Addo, Alex, Ball, Simons, Cocu, Culina, Farf'án, Vennegoor of Hesselink, Koné.

Subs PSV:
    Zoetebier, Reiziger, Väyrynen, Beasley, Lucius, Afellay en Aissati.

Ajax:
    Stekelenburg, Trabelsi, Maduro, Vermaelen, Juanfran, Pienaar, Lindenbergh, Emanuelson, Rosales, Huntelaar, Rosenberg.

Subs Ajax:
    Vonk, Boakye, Schilder, Timisela, Sarpong, Babel, Charisteas.

I think PSV will win 1-3

how is alex playing? he was good when he played on 'santos f.c.'

and there are rumors that gomes may return to brazil. is that true?
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Whitey_22Whitey_22 Posts: 44
    Paul Le Guen confirmed as the new manager of The Rangers Football Club. Great news, I still don't know how Murray managed it though. :D
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    brhf9 wrote:
    how is alex playing? he was good when he played on 'santos f.c.'

and there are rumors that gomes may return to brazil. is that true?

Alex is one of the best defenders I ever seen at PSV. I hope he will stay for another season.

Corinthians want Gomes back, but they have to pay 10 million euros. I don't know if they can do that. If they do that he will leave PSV. Because he think when play with Corinthians he will be quicker in the Brazilian team.

Ajax - PSV ended in a disappointed 0-0.
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    Klumpie wrote:
    Alex is one of the best defenders I ever seen at PSV. I hope he will stay for another season.

Corinthians want Gomes back, but they have to pay 10 million euros. I don't know if they can do that. If they do that he will leave PSV. Because he think when play with Corinthians he will be quicker in the Brazilian team.

Ajax - PSV ended in a disappointed 0-0.

oh that´s a pitty(lol)
    west ham lost yesterday very hard guess they are not back with their feeths on ground (but the way was really hard)

manu and hamburg are playing today!!!
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    yesterday's EPL games was just a great display for goals...every game had at least a scorcher.
    hopefully Stevie can add to that list :D
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    :D:p:D

i think our players will be ....threre:p
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Klumpie wrote:
    A half hour to go and the match of this weekend start.

PSV:
    Gomes, Lamey, Addo, Alex, Ball, Simons, Cocu, Culina, Farf'án, Vennegoor of Hesselink, Koné.

Subs PSV:
    Zoetebier, Reiziger, Väyrynen, Beasley, Lucius, Afellay en Aissati.

Ajax:
    Stekelenburg, Trabelsi, Maduro, Vermaelen, Juanfran, Pienaar, Lindenbergh, Emanuelson, Rosales, Huntelaar, Rosenberg.

Subs Ajax:
    Vonk, Boakye, Schilder, Timisela, Sarpong, Babel, Charisteas.

I think PSV will win 1-3

It would have been nice, but no harm in winning just one point this time we wouldn't want the rest to quit for lack of hope.

The title will be ours.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    oh that´s a pitty(lol)
    west ham lost yesterday very hard guess they are not back with their feeths on ground (but the way was really hard)

manu and hamburg are playing today!!!

If Feyenoord will win today, they stay 5 point behind PSV. Next week Feyenoord have to visit the #3 AZ. There they will lose some points. And Feyenoord have to visit us and there they lose 3 point. So Feyenoord is still 10 points behind. :D
    It would have been nice, but no harm in winning just one point this time we wouldn't want the rest to quit for lack of hope.

The title will be ours.

Of course PSV will win the title. Once a year PSV will be the champion. :D
    Klumpie wrote:
    Of course PSV will win the title. Once a year PSV will be the champion. :D

Good that way we will get to smile at least once every 365 days.
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    It's in the News Of The World newspaper today, he says he said no to Real Madrid to come to us :)

Rangers have confirmed Paul Le Guen will be their new manager next season.

Le Guen replaces Alex McLeish at the helm, with the Scot stepping down from his post at the end of the season.

McLeish is leaving Rangers after failing to lead them to any silverware this season.

Le Guen has been linked with Rangers for some time and the club have finally confirmed the worst kept secret in Scottish football.

The former Lyon coach has agreed a three-year deal to take charge at Ibrox next term.

Rangers chairman David Murray was delighted to announce the appointment of Le Guen and paid tribute to McLeish for the work he had done at the club.

"I am pleased Paul has agreed to join Rangers," Murray told the club's official website.

"His track record speaks for itself and hopefully, he will bring future success to the club.

"I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Alex McLeish for his achievements, having secured seven trophies in four-and-a-half years."

Le Guen, who has been out of work since leaving Lyon last summer, is looking forward to the challenge of working at Ibrox.

"I am looking forward to the challenge at Rangers," said Le Guen.
    "I received a number of interesting offers from major clubs around Europe in the last year, but this move to Scotland was the right one for me and my family.

"Rangers has a proud history and tradition and I hope to bring further success to the club for the supporters."
    good to know he realises the tradition and reputation involved..some foreign managers dunnoe shit.

only bad news is with him snubbing Real..they might offer more money to land Rafa :(
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    good to know he realises the tradition and reputation involved..some foreign managers dunnoe shit.

only bad news is with him snubbing Real..they might offer more money to land Rafa :(

Aye am excited Axy :)
    Hmmm this is true..i dunno Rafa convinced me he was too happy at Reds ta leave ..anyway when no1 wants yer manager it's time to worry :)
    Aye am excited Axy :)
    Hmmm this is true..i dunno Rafa convinced me he was too happy at Reds ta leave ..anyway when no1 wants yer manager it's time to worry :)
    yeh i can tell!
    i was excited when Houllier was sacked haha
    argh but now Rafa needs money if not he might leave..afterall he was born a Real fan and even was with them.
    now Stevie is encouraging Rafa to sign Judas Owen to reap the benefits of Crouch's strengths and for more goals.
    sadly i agree...very disappointed in Cisse and Nando...though i think Cisse hasnt been given the chance to play as a forward enough to score

YNWA
    Le Guen is obviously not too interested in money. He must have made plenty as a player. He was the French national team captain at one point and was nicknamed "The Potato" because he was a solid central defender. Yeah, it makes no sense to me either. I reckon he turned Real Madrid because he wants to have a good relationship with a chairman he can trust. David Murray (for all his faults) is probably the best chairman in the world for this. He has never sacked a manager, which is quite incredible considering how bad McLeish has been domestically this season. Murray is a very persuasive man, I honestly think if it wasn't for Murray, Le Guen would have laughed at the thought of coming to Scotland for any team.

Two more big announcements next week. Here's hoping one is to make Ibrox have a bigger capacity than Parkhead. :D And the other the Umbro deal worth another £5 million to us a season. Although it's rumoured Canal+ will be investing £30 million to have exlcusive rights to show all Rangers matches next season.

I think we might buying a big England star over the summer too. It's not been rumoured or anything, but I think it makes good business sense. Now Rangers stuff is available in JJBs all over Britain, it's quite important that we give the English people reason to look at us again, like when we bought Woods, Butcher, Gascoigne, etc...
    Le Guen will be the best coach for the Geres since years. Celtic dominated the last 5 years the schottish competition so that is gonna end now. And maybe with some extra money, they can do it very well in Europe.
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh i can tell!
    i was excited when Houllier was sacked haha
    argh but now Rafa needs money if not he might leave..afterall he was born a Real fan and even was with them.
    now Stevie is encouraging Rafa to sign Judas Owen to reap the benefits of Crouch's strengths and for more goals.
    sadly i agree...very disappointed in Cisse and Nando...though i think Cisse hasnt been given the chance to play as a forward enough to score

Rafa is a good coach. Liverpool only need some good attackers. The midfield of Liverpool is one of the best of the world. The defenders are also good. And maybe they need a better keeper. I don't know how Reina is now? Last year they had Dudek, with Feyenoord Dudek was much better then that he shows by Liverpool.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Le Guen will be the best coach for the Geres since years. Celtic dominated the last 5 years the schottish competition so that is gonna end now. And maybe with some extra money, they can do it very well in Europe.

They haven't exactly dominated mate. 3 titles in 5 year and that's counting this season already. And this was against the worst Rangers team in history. The worst Rangers team ever and we still won 2 titles in a period where Ra Sellick were supposedly dominant.

Despite all you hear about about Matin O'Neill, Alex McLeish has been the most successful manager out of the two. 7 trophies in 4.5 years and the last 16 of the Champions League, compared to O'Neills 6 trophies in 4 years and UEFA cup final. As impressive as making a European Cup final undoubtably was, the UEFA Cup is the European diddy cup. The Champions League is where any team wants to be. And Eck did all that on a pretty much no money (apart from the £8 million he sold Boumsong for), whereas O'Neill got £30 million in his first season. If we get 2nd place in the league this season, I will be relieved, but I won't celebrate. 2nd place behind Celtic (or anyone else) is not acceptable for The Rangers, the most successful domestic club in the world.
    Whitey_22 wrote:
    They haven't exactly dominated mate. 3 titles in 5 year and that's counting this season already. And this was against the worst Rangers team in history. The worst Rangers team ever and we still won 2 titles in a period where Ra Sellick were supposedly dominant.

Despite all you hear about about Matin O'Neill, Alex McLeish has been the most successful manager out of the two. 7 trophies in 4.5 years and the last 16 of the Champions League, compared to O'Neills 6 trophies in 4 years and UEFA cup final. As impressive as making a European Cup final undoubtably was, the UEFA Cup is the European diddy cup. The Champions League is where any team wants to be. And Eck did all that on a pretty much no money (apart from the £8 million he sold Boumsong for), whereas O'Neill got £30 million in his first season. If we get 2nd place in the laegue this season, I will be releived, but I won't celebrate. 2nd place behind Celtic (or anyone else) is not acceptable for The Rangers, the most successful domestic club in the world.

I don't mean tottaly dominated. But for a club like the Rangers it is unacceptable to have only 2 titles in 5 years. And this year they are even the #3, OK they reach the last 16 of the CL. But with this budget the Gers have it's unacceptable to stand more then 20 points behind Celtic.
    ManU already leading, 2 times Rooney.
    Liverpool is also leading, Leonardo Medina scored ;)
    Klumpie wrote:
    I don't mean tottaly dominated. But for a club like the Rangers it is unacceptable to have only 2 titles in 5 years. And this year they are even the #3, OK they reach the last 16 of the CL. But with this budget the Gers have it's unacceptable to stand more then 20 points behind Celtic.

I agree it's unacceptable. This Celtic team isn't exactly great either, they had a much better team back in the days when Rangers were winning 9 In A Row, yet Celtic won nothing then. That's how good Rangers were then. Rangers have been allowed to go downhill and now hopefully Le Guen will turn the tides back the way they belong.
    Klumpie wrote:
    ManU already leading, 2 times Rooney.
    yeh Manure are playing really well :(
    Liverpool must win now later today to stay in touch for 2nd place

YNWA
    Whitey_22 wrote:
    I agree it's unacceptable. This Celtic team isn't exactly great either, they had a much better team back in the days when Rangers were winning 9 In A Row, yet Celtic won nothing then. That's how good Rangers were then. Rangers have been allowed to go downhill and now hopefully Le Guen will turn the tides back the way they belong.
    i think Celtic are rubbish...the only reason they are up there is cos Gers allowed them too.

YNWA
    Feyenever (Feyenoord) equaliesed against RKC Waalwijk. It looks like Feyenoord don't want to win the title. It's still 7 points now. Next week Feyenoord will play against AZ, both teams still play for the second place. This is a important place, because when you finish as #2 you proberly don't meet Ajax, but Groningen, Utrecht or Heerenveen.

This year in Holland we have the play off system. At the end of the season the #2 will meet the #5 and the #3 will meet the #4. The winner of this matches will meet each other in the final. This is for the second CL place.

PSV will be the champion, so PSV have a very long summer holiday which starts in mid-April. PSV can cool down the fridge and put the champagne in it. This is gonna be a very early championship for PSV.
    Well not if your name is Cocu or Ooijer. WK
    Well not if your name is Cocu or Ooijer. WK

You're right! And don't forget Vennegoor of Hesselink!
  • evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i think Celtic are rubbish...the only reason they are up there is cos Gers allowed them too.

HA HA, that is funny. we have just won again are now 21 points ahead of rangers. 5 more wins and we are champions again, before the split.

how can rangers allow celtic to be top of the league?, we have only played then 3 times this season, so thats 9 points. where have ther other 12 points came from?
    Hail Hail
    evo wrote:
    HA HA, that is funny. we have just won again are now 21 points ahead of rangers. 5 more wins and we are champions again, before the split.

how can rangers allow celtic to be top of the league?, we have only played then 3 times this season, so thats 9 points. where have ther other 12 points came from?
    it's like how Liverpool gave Everton 4th place last season.
    unfortunately for Gers..Celtic took advantage of poor form from both Gers and Hearts.
    i din expect Hearts to continue their run..but i thought Gers would have at least closed the gap..ah well..there's always next season.

YNWA
  • evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185
    hearts will bottle it in the run in and rangers will finish second.

it's because of rangers european campaign that they've crap this year. ;) and if you believe that you will believe that le guen turned down real madrid to sign for them.
    Hail Hail