The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    AZZURRI! :D
    if im not wrong...according to the World Cup draws..Italy will have to meet Brazil at some stage
    And some pony-tailed bugger will blast a penalty kick wayyyyyy over the bar.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    yeap i never forget this match ...i had my wisdom teeth took off and everybody was like she´s sick but i was screaming etc. sop the whole house knew what was the result :D
    i thought Germany would have won the 94 WC...but they got shocked by Bulgaria.
    if Maradona din get banned halfway...Argentina would have gone very far as well.
    they were unstoppable with Maradona in that 94 side.
    Hinny wrote:
    And some pony-tailed bugger will blast a penalty kick wayyyyyy over the bar.
    lol this time round there isnt too many pony tailed Italians thankfully..cept for Camoranesi
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    ..he sucks anyway :D

henry19bw6ux.jpg

henry19bw6ux.jpg
    wow! what a buy! ;)
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • natureboy46natureboy46 Posts: 165

henry19bw6ux.jpg

For some reason I found this to be really, really funny. Thanks for that.
    In the land of the little kings
    Profit is the only thing
    And everywhere the little kings
    Are getting away with murder
    - Paul Kelly

www.troywass.com
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649

henry19bw6ux.jpg

Picture of the day!
    lol..trust amentvedder to have great pics all the time
    still giggle when i see the ARSEne Wanker one lol

YNWA

YNWA
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    i thought Germany would have won the 94 WC...but they got shocked by Bulgaria.
    if Maradona din get banned halfway...Argentina would have gone very far as well.
    they were unstoppable with Maradona in that 94 side.

yea ui remember that one...

yea ui remember that one...
    for me..it was the last World Cup i enjoyed.
    the others after it haven't been too great on the entertainment level.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    for me..it was the last World Cup i enjoyed.
    the others after it haven't been too great on the entertainment level.

that´s sad but true in 02 i felt asleep while match:D
    hey by the way i don´t now how you see it but hey anton ferdinand is now giving punch of interviews .and i thought he should be out of media etc.
    what´s up??
    so that´s maybe the way hamburg play and bayern:

Bayern München: 1 Kahn - 2 Sagnol, 3 Lucio, 25 Ismael, 69 Lizarazu - 6 Demichelis - 26 Deisler, 11 Zé Roberto - 13 Ballack - 10 Makaay, 14 Pizarro

Hamburger SV: 1 Wächter - 7 Mahdavikia, 20 Demel, 21 Boulahrouz, 3 Atouba - 28 de Jong - 14 Jarolim, 23 van der Vaart, 15 Trochowski - 32 Takahara, 10 Barbarez

so i hope hsv blow them up again!!!!:D
    hey maybe old but i found this:

ext messages flew thick and fast between Singapore and England early this week as former Spurs, Newcastle and England striker Les Ferdinand struggled to come to terms with the concept of two new goal-scoring Ferdinands on the Premiership block.

First, Rio rose high to beat Pepe Reina and break Liverpool fans' hearts at Old Trafford. Then, Anton stunned Upton Park, and Fulham, with one of the strikes of the season. It left Rio 3-2 up in the brothers' much-publicised battle to out-score one another this season.

Les watched all this from ESPN STAR Sports' Singapore studios. It was a fortuitous bit of timing by the person who does our guest bookings - a bit like having Sir Bobby Robson sitting, incredulous, in the same studio as Lee Bowyer and Kieron Dyer started belting each other at St. James' Park.

The Ferdinands - as most people who follow English football know - are cousins. Les explained, though, that they are not as close as some may think.

"I actually didn't know anything about Rio until I was at QPR," he explained. "Our families weren't close."

It was only when Les picked up an injury and had to go back to the club's training ground for treatment on a Sunday that he first met Rio, who was playing for QPR's Under-11s.

"This skinny little kid, half my size, ran up to me and said, 'you're Les Ferdinand, right? Well I'm your cousin. Rio, Rio Ferdinand'. I didn't have a clue what he was talking about to be honest, but then his Dad came up to me and explained it. It turned out that we are second cousins."

Les learned that their grandfathers were brothers who hailed from the Caribbean island of St. Lucia before the family opted for a new life in the United Kingdom.

Anyway, the cousins went their separate ways. With a 12-year age gap between them, there was hardly any common ground and their paths didn't cross until Les was due to play against West Ham a few years later, only to be told he was going to come up against his cousin.

"I showed up there and there was this defender towering over me. I couldn't believe it. From that point on we kept in touch a lot more. You know, following each others' careers and getting into England squads together. We were both in France for the World Cup in 1998 and that's where I met Anton because he came along to watch the World Cup."

"He wasn't always going to be a player, you know. He's a really good singer and dancer - modern dance. In fact, they both are. Did you know Rio was going to be a ballet dancer before he became a footballer?"

Actually, yes. It was one of the more eye-opening revelations of the year 2005 and one which caused much sniggering within the replica-shirt-wearing fraternity when Rio, matter-of-factly announced that he had a grounding in dance.

It's all true. Rio was so good at ballet, in fact, that he was offered a five-year scholarship to the Central School of Ballet. He was a regular performer in school plays, winning a standing ovation for his singing and dancing performance as Fizzy in the musical Bugsy Malone. He was devastated when his rapid physical growth brought an end to his dancing: worried doctors told his parents that his ligaments simply couldn't cope with some of the movements required by the dancing and gymnastics he was doing.

He has since said that he threw himself into his football because he was determined to be famous. His parents were okay with anything that kept him off the troubled streets of Peckham in London. With that in mind, it's not surprising that Rio has his own record label, White Chalk, and that he recently launched an "American Idol" style talent search contest in the Manchester area.

As well as Anton, there are four Ferdinand sisters and a five-year-old brother, Jeremiah, who apparently is already kicking a ball. The sisters, it seems, are more into acting and ballet than sport.

"Rio and I are in touch quite a bit," said Les. "He'll text me after a game and say, 'just played against so-and-so. You should still be playing'.

"I'm pleased to see the way Anton is developing. And I'm pleased to see he is now becoming his own man as it were - that he's not just trying to become Rio Number Two. You know, a while back he was copying everything Rio does, from the hairstyle down to that superstition he has about never stepping on the white line when he runs onto the pitch, jumping over it instead."

Little brother Anton may now be copying big brother Rio's goal-scoring ways but that's absolutely fine with second cousin, Les.
    sorry but this pic is hot:

http://www.mumobile.co.uk/content/production/generic/images/im011-CristianoRonaldo00044348-t.jpg
    :p:p
    anyways les turn 40 this year ....
    NEC - AZ 0-2

Poor match, but AZ derserve to win this match and they did.
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    that´s sad but true in 02 i felt asleep while match:D
    This is why us Aussie football fans are the most dedicated. We stay up every Saturday night until 4am to catch the Euro club games. And when the european or world cups come around, we just don't sleep, period.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • natureboy46natureboy46 Posts: 165
    I was working night shift at Aussie Post during the 98 World Cup and told my boss that he either let me bring my portable telly into work to watch the games or I would just stay home. He relented, and I got to watch them.
    In the land of the little kings
    Profit is the only thing
    And everywhere the little kings
    Are getting away with murder
    - Paul Kelly

www.troywass.com
    Hinny wrote:
    This is why us Aussie football fans are the most dedicated. We stay up every Saturday night until 4am to catch the Euro club games. And when the european or world cups come around, we just don't sleep, period.

so that´s making you so special ;) i see ...but around that time 2002 i was in asia ...so know you may understand ...
  • danielheyesdanielheyes Posts: 362

havent i told you off for putting pics of the manc scum on here before??!!

dont make me come over there!!!

;)
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
    havent i told you off for putting pics of the manc scum on here before??!!

dont make me come over there!!!

;)

sorry ...have a nice weekend and please loose ;) ....anyways manu plays on monday ....
    so today HSV
    and West ham hopefully win;)
    Gary McAllister's wife passes away

The wife of the former Scotland captain lost her battle against breast cancer on Friday, as the mother-of-two passed away in a Nottingham hospital with her husband at her bedside.

The Treble-winning midfielder gave up his job as player-manager of Coventry City in 2003 to nurse his wife during her illness. It was thought that Denise's condition had been improving but it took a turn for the worse over recent months.

Denise was an ambassador for Breast Cancer Care and took part in a star-studded charity fashion show in 2002.

The thoughts of everyone connected to Liverpool Football Club are with Gary and his family at this very sad time.

wish him the best through this tough period.
    hope the boys can win today for him.

YNWA
    i am very sorry for his hard loose .it´s really hard to loose somebody who was your second part ....my thoughts are with him and the family
    whoooooooooooooowhooooooooooo
    hamburg beat bayern münchen !!!after 24 years in their own stadium (münchen)

so hamburg is the only team who beats bayern 2 times !!!!
    goals:demel and the first goal for de jong !!!!for baern :school
    so it ends 1:2 for hamburg!!!!
    i am very sorry for his hard loose .it´s really hard to loose somebody who was your second part ....my thoughts are with him and the family
    its always sad when someone so young has to pass away.

congrats to Hamburg..great result for them.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    its always sad when someone so young has to pass away.

congrats to Hamburg..great result for them.

yes,that´s true ...it´s really hard ....hope doesn´t break him ....it´s really sad...

thanx i am so happy ...the last time they beat bayern in their own stadium was 1982!!!
    bad day for west ham first they lead 2:1 match end 2:2 (place now 8)
    bad day for Liverpool as well.
    this crisis in front of goal couldn't have come at a worse time.
    how unlucky was Fowler as well?!
    he wasnt offside..but i think Cisse was.
    ah well..looks like 3rd place is the most realistic position now.

YNWA
    PSV wins again, the 9th win on row. They played very well. And I hope they crush over Lyon next Wednesday. PSV looks like they get better and better and they reach almost the same level as last year.

LYON HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!