The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• natureboy46natureboy46 Posts: 165
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    hope it isnt true..cos Finnan for me has been our best player this season..doesnt need this to tarnish his great season

I feel the same way. Last season I thought Finnan was pretty ordinary and hoped that we would sign a new right back (josemi clearly wasn't the answer) but this year I have to admit I was wrong about him - he's been close to our most consistent player. His crossing has improved greatly.

It would be a damn shame to find out that he made rascist slurs. Does calling someone a filthy manc count as rascist?
    In the land of the little kings
    Profit is the only thing
    And everywhere the little kings
    Are getting away with murder
    - Paul Kelly

www.troywass.com
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    whats Lettland?!
    Latvia?!

anyways can't wait for Italy vs Germany!
    2 of the best going at it!

yea and germany will win lol -don´t take me serious ...i´ve no clue wos the winner yes latvia but sadly or youth lost but they are in the u 21 competition
    and england as i knew is not ....but 2007 i think or was it 2008 ...
    evo wrote:
    Steve Finnan allegedly racially abused Patrice Evra. Thats what it says on BBC teletext.

really ...than this guy should be no more for a while on a pitch or something like that ...but really hard ....i don´t know the word sorry ...
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    It would be a damn shame to find out that he made rascist slurs. Does calling someone a filthy manc count as rascist?
    It was on the front page of all the papers today that Liverpool hired expert lip readers... cos apparently TWO deaf people reported it seperately but they both reported that he said completely different things... anyway the expert said there's absolutely nothing to suggest he said anything racist.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Saturday March 04

Premiership
    Aston Villa v Portsmouth 15:00
    Fulham v Arsenal 15:00
    Liverpool v Charlton 17:15
    Middlesbro' v Birmingham 15:00
    Newcastle v Bolton 15:00
    West Brom v Chelsea 12:45
    West Ham v Everton 15:00

Sunday March 05
    Man City v Sunderland 13:30
    Tottenham v Blackburn 16:00

Monday March 06
    Wigan Athletic v Man Utd 20:00

i think no problem for manu and west ham:p:p
    It was on the front page of all the papers today that Liverpool hired expert lip readers... cos apparently TWO deaf people reported it seperately but they both reported that he said completely different things... anyway the expert said there's absolutely nothing to suggest he said anything racist.

the expert? what kind of expert ?
    and what does evra say ???
    the expert? what kind of expert ?
    and what does evra say ???
    He said nothing.

A lip-reading expert.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • natureboy46natureboy46 Posts: 165

I hadn't heard that. imo it would be very difficult to establish what was said without input from the players - regardless of the experts they hire. If the ref didn't have it in his report, Evra didn't complain and no sound was captured then I think this will go away.

Besides, an Irishman would prolly be more likely to slag off an Englishman than a frenchman.
    In the land of the little kings
    Profit is the only thing
    And everywhere the little kings
    Are getting away with murder
    - Paul Kelly

www.troywass.com
    He said nothing.

A lip-reading expert.

than he has too i think but maybe he´s scared ...

a lip reading expert come on what sh... is that ....haha
    I hadn't heard that. imo it would be very difficult to establish what was said without input from the players - regardless of the experts they hire. If the ref didn't have it in his report, Evra didn't complain and no sound was captured then I think this will go away.

Besides, an Irishman would prolly be more likely to slag off an Englishman than a frenchman.
    Well it said in the paper exactly what both deaf fans said was said - and they're both almost completely different, apart from being racist. And yeh, he's more likely to slag an Englishman... And Finnan? He's one of the quiet men of football anyway.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    And Finnan? He's one of the quiet men of football anyway.

a lip reading expert come on what sh... is that ....haha
    Scared of Finnan? Doubtful. I'd say there was just nothing said and that's why he didn't say anything.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Scared of Finnan? Doubtful. I'd say there was just nothing said and that's why he didn't say anything.

do you know this guy in person ??just a question ...
    maybe liverpool want to keep that quit too ...who knows ...so evra has to say something but hey i can´t understand why manu officials say something ...
    do you know this guy in person ??just a question ...
    maybe liverpool want to keep that quit too ...who knows ...so evra has to say something but hey i can´t understand why manu officials say something ...

No, I don't know him. Of course Liverpool want to keep it quiet but at least they HAVE investigated. ManU have said nothing so there must be nothing to say.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    great..cos i doubt Steve would say such things
    hope he recovers from his neck injury very soon too...very bad timing cos suddenly it looks like everyone's heading for the treatment room at Liverpool.
    With Kromkamp cup tied for the Champions League as well...we are really lacking right sided players.
    hopefully Finnan will be back for the Charlton game..then Kromkamp can continue at right wing and Stevie back in central midfield where he should be
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    No, I don't know him. Of course Liverpool want to keep it quiet but at least they HAVE investigated. ManU have said nothing so there must be nothing to say.

we will see ....
  • SometimesSometimes Posts: 94
    i haven't been on the forums for about two months and this thread is still going. fucking great stuff.
    Italy leading Germany 2-0!
    Gilardino and Luca Toni scoring! wow...din expect them to have such a great start!
    Ireland leading as well with a Duff goal :D
    sadly am stuck with the crappy England game on the telly..0-1 and what a goal by Uruguay!

wow..Italy leading 4-0 now..what a performance!
    Ireland won 3-0 too against Sweden who are very good imo.
    Congrats Staunton :D
    anyone notice how Crouch's England kit has 21 in front but 12 at the back..lol and he scored at Anfield!
    hate england but must say i celebrated Crouchie's goal :D
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Italie leading 4-0 haha

Holland wins again 1-0. Kuyt scored.
    Wasn't a real good match, but they win. And what's all about.
    France lost of slovakia (1-2)

Italie beat Germany (4-1)

England equalised with Uruguay (1-1)
    im really pleased with the Italy and Ireland results..but at the same time alittle worried for the Germans..
    ah..England and their luck..ah well this time i don't mind cos Crouch scored :D
    and yeh Kuyt scored!
    damn how badly do i wanna see him in our new adidas red kit next season!

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    im really pleased with the Italy and Ireland results..but at the same time alittle worried for the Germans..
    ah..England and their luck..ah well this time i don't mind cos Crouch scored :D
    and yeh Kuyt scored!
    damn how badly do i wanna see him in our new adidas red kit next season!
    I'm telling ya. Italy are gonna win the world cup. They're on flying form.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I'm telling ya. Italy are gonna win the world cup. They're on flying form.
    i hope so..i really do!
    everything is looking great for the Azzurri (even their kits are really good for the World Cup!)
    my fear is Italy has too many individual players who just cannot play as a team.

YNWA
    hey i just watch repeat and alltogether
    and i know why

i am really ashame yes ...it´s the right word
    germany was big but this will be a dissaster

portugal performed really good and yea italy but this wasn´t their 100% of both teams i mean all teams
    and germany -we could be happy if we get the quarters i think...

i have still no idear who will win the WC ....but it´s not germany

i think i will support portugal and england
    Germany is always good on tournaments. And yes they were very poor yesterday. But look at the Confederations Cup, they played very well at that tournament.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Germany is always good on tournaments. And yes they were very poor yesterday. But look at the Confederations Cup, they played very well at that tournament.
    they blow very hot and cold at tournaments.....they were really poor in Euro 2000 and 2004 but played well at the World Cup 2002...its hard to predict which Germany we will see.
    i hope they at least make the last four

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i hope so..i really do!
    everything is looking great for the Azzurri (even their kits are really good for the World Cup!)
    my fear is Italy has too many individual players who just cannot play as a team.
    Nah, they seem to be getting it together the past few months - let's hope they KEEP it together when it matters. They've been pretty much unbeatable though.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Nah, they seem to be getting it together the past few months - let's hope they KEEP it together when it matters. They've been pretty much unbeatable though.
    just like Spain..Italy do well in friendlies then fuck up completely when it comes to tournaments..that is why Brazil are my tip to win the WC

YNWA
    Fuck, Guus Hiddink is gonna leave PSV at the end of the season. His new job will be a full-time job of the Russian federation.

This is a big disaster for PSV. Hiddink is a fantastic coach. And also players like Cocu and Ooijer said that they gonna leave PSV if Hiddink leave PSV. I hope this rumour isn't true.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Fuck, Guus Hiddink is gonna leave PSV at the end of the season. His new job will be a full-time job of the Russian federation.

This is a big disaster for PSV. Hiddink is a fantastic coach. And also players like Cocu and Ooijer said that they gonna leave PSV if Hiddink leave PSV. I hope this rumour isn't true.
    wow that's news to me...Hiddink leaving will be a huge blow for PSV
    he commands alot of respect and that helps some of the better players to join PSV

an update on Finnan

Liverpool star Steve Finnan has rejected claims he racially abused Manchester United's Patrice Evra.

The incident arose after two deaf television viewers lodged separate complaints with the police after lip-reading comments by the Finnan towards Evra during Liverpool's 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford.

Finnan was shocked by the claims and has denied making any such comments towards Evra.

"I was astonished when I heard of the accusations and I categorically deny them," said Finnan.

"It was disappointing to read the stories in the press. To suggest I would use racist language is very hurtful.

"I don't really feel I should have to come out and say I didn't say this or I didn't say that, but because of what has been said and written I think it's important I do respond and set the record straight.

"I didn't say what has been alleged. It's all lies."

YNWA