The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    In the english tabloid Goal their are rumours ManU want to buy Riquelme. Are these rumours true? If it is, ManU will buy a great player.

An other rumour is that Ballack is talking with Chelsea for a contract? Good deal for Chelsea, bad for Bayern Munchen.

Rumour 3# Farfan will sign a new contract with PSV, this is a new 5 year deal, so that's gonna until 2011.
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Klumpie wrote:
    In the english tabloid Goal their are rumours ManU want to buy Riquelme. Are these rumours true? If it is, ManU will buy a great player.

An other rumour is that Ballack is talking with Chelsea for a contract? Good deal for Chelsea, bad for Bayern Munchen.

Rumour 3# Farfan will sign a new contract with PSV, this is a new 5 year deal, so that's gonna until 2011.
    second rumor looks very very likely...Ballack will be wasting his time at Chelski but i think he doesnt care..hes getting old..might as well earn alot.

third rumor is interesting...i was very sure Farfan would move to a big european club next season..i hope he stays at PSV..soccer is losing alot of loyalty in players.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    second rumor looks very very likely...Ballack will be wasting his time at Chelski but i think he doesnt care..hes getting old..might as well earn alot.

third rumor is interesting...i was very sure Farfan would move to a big european club next season..i hope he stays at PSV..soccer is losing alot of loyalty in players.

I also thought Farfan would move this summer. But Farfan's agent told he could better stayed with PSV for another year. PSV offered them a better contract and Farfan also want to stay. It looks they are very close to sign this new contract!
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    Klumpie wrote:
    Germany is always good on tournaments. And yes they were very poor yesterday. But look at the Confederations Cup, they played very well at that tournament.

mmh but now so many teams are really good ...and this was more than just poor...no germany won´t win the WC
    and i don´t either think they wil make the last four ..

i don´t think that spain will have something huge ...they be off maybe very soon:D

itly when the boss/manager said this wasn´t 100% i was like ...o.k. ....(oh my god) :p so they are hot spot on the WC ...

and ballack should join chelsi i think with that bunch of money i would do that ...
    and huth have somebody :D than...

i read in an english mac that foreign players are soooooooooooooooo lonely over there bec. the manager want to guide -hide them ...
    maybe the liverpool player and evra should go out together for a drink and clear everthing ...or beeing friends ...what ever if he didn´t say something like that ...i see no probl...
    Who will England manager Sven Goran Eriksson name for Germany in June for the World Cup? He has to decide on his final list of 23 players by 15 May. That is the deadline for countries to submit their full team sheets. The New Paper's football analyst TOHARI PAIJAN tries to delve into Eriksson's mind and predicts his top picks. FIRST XI:

1. Paul Robinson (goalkeeper)
    2. Gary Neville (rightback)
    3. Ashley Cole (leftback)
    4. Rio Ferdinand (central defender)
    5. John Terry (central defender)
    6. David Beckham (right midfielder)
    7. Steven Gerrard (central midfielder)
    8. Frank Lampard (central midfielder)
    9. Joe Cole (left midfielder)
    10. Michael Owen (striker)
    11. Wayne Rooney (striker)

RESERVES:

12. David James (goalkeeper)
    13. Luke Young (rightback)
    14. Wayne Bridge (leftback)
    15. Jamie Carragher (central defender)
    16. Sol Campbell (central defender, centre)
    17. Shaun Wright-Phillips (right midfielder)
    18. Michael Carrick (central midfielder)
    19. Jermaine Jenas (central midfielder)
    20. Ledley King (holding midfielder/central defender)
    21. Kieran Richardson (left midfielder, left)
    22. Peter Crouch (striker)
    23 Jermain Defoe (striker, right)

TOHARI SAYS:

Eriksson will be faithful to his stars like Rio Ferdinand, even though he wasn't very steady this morning.

Jamie Carragher will be the next standby choice. I expect to see Sol Campbell being retained.

Even if he's off form, he can still contribute in terms of off-the-field tips and advice for his younger team-mates, who don't have the experience he has at major events.

Kieran Richardson is a left-footer suited for the left midfield role, but he's still young, raw and inexperienced. So he'll still be good cover for Joe Cole.

Up front, I think Eriksson will go for Defoe instead of Darren Bent, who played for almost 80 minutes this morning.

Defoe has played more games at international level, and Bent didn't really make an impact or show much movement for me this morning.

so no surprises???
  • natureboy46natureboy46 Posts: 165
    Anyone who would pick Rio Ferdinand ahead of Jamie Carragher must be smoking crack. Ferdinand seems to have 2 or 3 brainfarts in every game, whereas I can only remember Carra making one mistake for the entire season - in the FA Cup when the Luton player turned him like he wasn't there.

Having Carragher will also allow Terry to get forward a bit more, as he likes to do.

I'd have Ledley King and Anton Ferdinand ahead of Rio.
    In the land of the little kings
    Profit is the only thing
    And everywhere the little kings
    Are getting away with murder
    - Paul Kelly

www.troywass.com
    Rio made alot of mistakes on Wednesday though he did well to clear the danger he created.
    Carra is being played on the left for England which isnt his best position and he looks too ordinary there.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Rio made alot of mistakes on Wednesday though he did well to clear the danger he created.
    Carra is being played on the left for England which isnt his best position and he looks too ordinary there.

that´s why i think anton would be the better choice !!!but hey it´s sven who deside ...
    that´s why i think anton would be the better choice !!!but hey it´s sven who deside ...
    Anton..no way..not enough experience at the top level.
    my choice would definitely be Terry and Carragher in central defence with Neville on the right,Cole on the left

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Anton..no way..not enough experience at the top level.
    my choice would definitely be Terry and Carragher in central defence with Neville on the right,Cole on the left

ok than both Rio and Anton...or none of them ...i don´t think so i guess rio will be on the squad ...even the others you named will be in i think ...
    but anton should in do than into the 2008 squad!!!
    ok than both Rio and Anton...or none of them ...i don´t think so i guess rio will be on the squad ...even the others you named will be in i think ...
    but anton should in do than into the 2008 squad!!!
    no matter how crappy Rio is..he will always make the squad.
    same for Wright-Philips,Beckham and Owen.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    no matter how crappy Rio is..he will always make the squad.
    same for Wright-Philips,Beckham and Owen.

well in 2004 he wasn´t (lol)
    so they are good:D
    well in 2004 he wasn´t (lol)
    so they are good:D
    wasn't that because of other reasons?
    like him being a forgetful idiot?

YNWA
    and by the way why isn´t sven trowing anton in the cold water for one or two friendly matches ?than anton can show his skills ...same as (the other from west ham gabbon )??)
    and by the way why isn´t sven trowing anton in the cold water for one or two friendly matches ?than anton can show his skills ...same as (the other from west ham gabbon )??)
    if u mean Gabbidon..he is a regular in the Welsh team for years now..he isnt English
    and i agree..he should have played more youngsters in friendlies instead of the proven players.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    if u mean Gabbidon..he is a regular in the Welsh team for years now..he isnt English
    and i agree..he should have played more youngsters in friendlies instead of the proven players.

ubs i´m sorry ....yes that´s what i meant.i mean friendly are there for that. see klinsmann if it doesn´t work ubs we have now over millions managers :D
    ubs i´m sorry ....yes that´s what i meant.i mean friendly are there for that. see klinsmann if it doesn´t work ubs we have now over millions managers :D
    yep Germany have trialed alot of players..so has Italy.
    will be interesting to see the final team selection for both sides.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yep Germany have trialed alot of players..so has Italy.
    will be interesting to see the final team selection for both sides.

yes but i think italy go further in the WC than we...
    yes but i think italy go further in the WC than we...
    hard to say...very hard to say.
    Italy haven't had a good tournament performance since Euro 2000..they only do well in qualifiers and friendlies :(
    and Germany usually does well in alternate tournaments and home crowd plays a huge role which can change alot.
    both these teams should aim for the semis at least.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    hard to say...very hard to say.
    Italy haven't had a good tournament performance since Euro 2000..they only do well in qualifiers and friendlies :(
    and Germany usually does well in alternate tournaments and home crowd plays a huge role which can change alot.
    both these teams should aim for the semis at least.

ok i shouldn´t put my fellas so down i mean they aren´t bad but can´t play together real well ...:(:(
    that´s true but only one team won the WC at home so ...
    we will see

for many as i see and read brazil will do it again...
    this saturday hsv will hopefullly do it again and beat bayern münchen !!!
    and manu has to beat wigan again!!!:D

and who will meet up with west ham:p :D

oh it´s everton ..it´s a home clash so easy for west ham i say ....
    ok i shouldn´t put my fellas so down i mean they aren´t bad but can´t play together real well ...:(:(
    that´s true but only one team won the WC at home so ...
    we will see

for many as i see and read brazil will do it again...
    i think Brazil will win it again...i'm sure they will have an off day during the whole WC so its up to their opponents to take advantage of it.
    they are beatable..they have abit of a wobbly defence and they arent really good with defending set plays

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i think Brazil will win it again...i'm sure they will have an off day during the whole WC so its up to their opponents to take advantage of it.
    they are beatable..they have abit of a wobbly defence and they arent really good with defending set plays

but who can do it to beat them ???
    but who can do it to beat them ???
    AZZURRI! :D
    if im not wrong...according to the World Cup draws..Italy will have to meet Brazil at some stage

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    AZZURRI! :D
    if im not wrong...according to the World Cup draws..Italy will have to meet Brazil at some stage

like in wait when was that again lol ...
    like in wait when was that again lol ...
    world cup 94?
    haha..Italy lost by penalties..but Brazil definitely deserved that World Cup based on overall performance

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    world cup 94?
    haha..Italy lost by penalties..but Brazil definitely deserved that World Cup based on overall performance

yeap i never forget this match ...i had my wisdom teeth took off and everybody was like she´s sick but i was screaming etc. sop the whole house knew what was the result :D