The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    news news news:
    ballack is moving to chelsea (what a f...)

and i say money never smells ...

Chelsea have won the race to sign Michael Ballack - and they will make him the highest-paid footballer in the world when he joins this summer.

Sportsmail can reveal that the Germany captain has agreed a four-year deal with the Premiership champions and he will be rewarded with a staggering weekly salary of £121,000.

wow !!!!

Can you trust this source?

It's pity, I hope he stayed with Bayern or move to ManU. Why Chelsea they have so much midfielders. I hope they will sell Lampard to PSV.
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    read it on sky...doesnt look like Chelski has won the race yet but are definitely favorites.
    they don't even need another midfielder..i feel for the amount on talent wasted on the bench
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    read it on sky...doesnt look like Chelski has won the race yet but are definitely favorites.
    they don't even need another midfielder..i feel for the amount on talent wasted on the bench

well we will see but hey much money for not playing a lot than ...i would do that (lol)
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Can you trust this source?

It's pity, I hope he stayed with Bayern or move to ManU. Why Chelsea they have so much midfielders. I hope they will sell Lampard to PSV.

manu hasn´t intrest for him anymore and he doesn´t have it too...
    what should lampard do at psv-joke of the day...
    and by the way ballack needs money for his 3 kids :D
  • oh shit
    rud is leaving as i read manu next season
    and than chelsi has now ballack i think it´s for sure bec. he ain´t only a middlefielder he´s a very good goalgetter but i see probs in his game ...does it fit is he ready for the pl ???
    oh shit
    rud is leaving as i read manu next season
    and than chelsi has now ballack i think it´s for sure bec. he ain´t only a middlefielder he´s a very good goalgetter but i see probs in his game ...does it fit is he ready for the pl ???

Well, Ruud always said if he left ManU he would go back to PSV.

Welcome back RvNistelrooy
  • Deaf football fans spark race abuse probe

11.20AM, Tue Feb 28 2006

Police are investigating a complaint by deaf football fans who said they lip-read a Premiership star racially abusing another player.

The fans said they were watching TV when they claimed to have seen a Liverpool player use racist language against a Manchester United star during last month's Premiership clash.

Two deaf fans made independent complaints to police after spotting the player's alleged outburst. Neither the police or the club would identify the player.

A spokeswoman for Greater Manchester Police confirmed they were investigating the incident. She said: "Police in Trafford are investigating a complaint about a racist comment made during the Manchester United v Liverpool match at Old Trafford on 22 January 2006.

"It has been reported one of the players made an offensive comment in the closing minutes of the game. Investigations are ongoing."

The Liverpool player involved strongly rejects the suggestion, according to his club. A spokesman for the club said: "The player vehemently denies these allegations. He has not used any such language."

The incident came during the bitter clash between the Premiership rivals at Old Trafford last month.

The Old Trafford club fielded five black or mixed race players for the match. Manchester United took the lead in the 90th minute through a header by Rio Ferdinand.

Gary Neville was later fined £5,000 by the FA for his over-exuberant goal celebrations in front of the travelling Liverpool fans.

No one at Manchester United would comment on the matter.
    Jan 22: Rio scores late United winner
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Well, Ruud always said if he left ManU he would go back to PSV.

Welcome back RvNistelrooy

sorry but i hope he stays !!!!but if he goes than well it´s like that ...
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    and by the way ballack needs money for his 3 kids :D
    With that kinda money, he can afford to have another 2000 kids.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
    The news about Ballack stood in the Daily Mirror.
    I don't believe this paper.

Ruud your always welcome!!!
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Ballack not play same position as Lampard tho ?
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    lol Axl..ooh just heard on local radio, 2 fans lip read a liverpool player racially abusing a utd player this season
    hehe lip read
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    For those of you that care, the US Men's Soccer team plays Poland in a rematch from the 2002 World Cup tomorrow. Most of the team will consist of European based players, so it will be a rare chance to see these guys play before the World Cup. We play Germany on March 22. Both games will be on ESPN2 at 2:00pm Eastern Time.
    LOL Wanker looks jealous eh?

as for the deaf fan...he's just delusional...i also lip read alot of stuff like Gary Neville asking the refs for a quickie etc
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    lol Axl..ooh just heard on local radio, 2 fans lip read a liverpool player racially abusing a utd player this season
    hehe lip read
    Who is it Axl?? you seem to know every other fuckin thing round here!!!!
    elmer wrote:
    Who is it Axl?? you seem to know every other fuckin thing round here!!!!
    i seriously have no idea....i think the deaf guy is just a sore loser Manure fan

YNWA
  • Hinny wrote:
    With that kinda money, he can afford to have another 2000 kids.

who knows only he knows:D
  • Klumpie wrote:
    The news about Ballack stood in the Daily Mirror.
    I don't believe this paper.

Ruud your always welcome!!!

it´s also here around in the net ...but we will see
  • Ballack not play same position as Lampard tho ?

he does .........
  • The team to play Uruguay has been announced with Darren Bent the notable starter and Frank Lampard absent due to a tightness in his hamstring.

Paul Robinson
    Gary Neville
    Wayne Bridge
    Rio Ferdinand
    John Terry
    Michael Carrick
    Steven Gerrard
    David Beckham
    Joe Cole
    Wayne Rooney
    Darren Bent

"Frank felt a tightness in his hamstring in training today and was immediately withdrawn by England's medical staff as we do not want to take any risks," said Adrian Bevington, The FA's Director of Communications.

"He will travel back to London tonight."
  • U21s starting eleven

Tuesday, 28 February 2006.

England

v

Norway

Under-21 International Friendly
    Reading FC
    7.45pm, Tuesday 28 February 2006
    Live on Sky Sports

Peter Taylor has named his starting line-up for this evening's match with Norway in Reading.

In their first game of 2006 Taylor fields a strong line-up boasting plenty of U21s and Premiership experience.

With the armband once more is West Ham's inspirational skipper Nigel Reo-Coker, who was missing in both legs ot the UEFA play-off last November. He is a vital part of England's team and lines up in midfield with Spurs man Tom Huddlestone.

With Darren Bent in the Senior squad, and Dean Ashton and Carlton Cole now too old for this age group, David Nugent starts up front with David Bentley.

They've both been in good form for their clubs of late with Bentley hitting a hat-trick past Manchester United earlier this month and Nugent hitting eight for Preston as they aim for promotion.

At the back, Scott Carson is in goal with Glen Johnson, Peter Whittingham, Liam Ridgewell and Anton Ferdinand forming the back-four.

Reading striker Leroy Lita starts on the bench at his club ground and will be looking for his second cap.

Starting Eleven
    1 Scott Carson (Liverpool)
    2 Glen Johnson (Chelsea)
    3 Peter Whittingham (Aston Villa)
    4 Liam Ridgewell (Aston Villa)
    5 Anton Ferdinand (West Ham United)
    6 Tom Huddlestone (Tottenham Hotspur)
    7 Nigel Reo-Coker, captain (West Ham United)
    8 David Bentley (Blackburn Rovers)
    9 David Nugent (Preston North End)
    10 James Milner (Aston Villa, loan)
    11 Wayne Routledge (Portsmouth, loan)

Substitutes
    12 Justin Hoyte (Sunderland, loan)
    13 Lee Camp (Derby County)
    14 Andrew Taylor (Middlesbrough)
    15 Curtis Davies (West Bromwich Albion)
    16 Tom Soares (Crystal Palace)
    17 John Welsh (Hull City)
    18 Leroy Lita (Reading)
    19 Cameron Jerome (Cardiff City)
    20 Izale McLeod (MK Dons)
  • the U21 euro will be from mai 23-june 4 in portugal???as i read
  • u 21 from germany vs lettland

goal
    Patrick Platins
    Michael Rensing
    deffense
    Markus Brzenska 25.05.1984 Borussia Dortmund 5 1
    Malik Fathi 29.10.1983 Hertha BSC Berlin 13 1
    Marvin Matip 25.09.1985 1. FC Köln 13 1
    Patrick Ochs 14.05.1984 Eintracht Frankfurt 2 -
    Christian Schulz 01.04.1983 Werder Bremen 10 4
    Lukas Sinkiewicz 09.10.1985 1. FC Köln 1 -
    middlefield
    Gonzalo Castro 11.06.1987 Bayer 04 Leverkusen - -
    Karsten Fischer 27.05.1984 VfL Wolfsburg 1 -
    Roberto Hilbert 16.10.1984 SpVgg Greuther Fürth 4 1
    Ioannis Masmanidis 09.03.1983 Arminia Bielefeld 1 1
    Peter Niemeyer 22.11.1983 FC Twente Enschede (Niederlande) 2 -
    Eugen Polanski 17.03.1986 Borussia Mönchengladbach 1 -
    Piotr Trochowski 22.03.1984 Hamburger SV 9 -
    striker
    Patrick Helmes 01.03.1984 1. FC Köln 3 -
    David Odonkor 21.02.1984 Borussia Dortmund 13 3
    Nando Rafael 10.01.1984 Borussia Mönchengladbach 6 4
  • Under-21 International
    England U21 R 3
    Norway U21 1
    Rep of Ireland U21 R 1
    Sweden U21 0
    Scotland U21 R 4
    Iceland U21 0
    Wales U21 R 0
    N Ireland U21 1

and the u 21 lost vs lettland:(:(

anyways have a nice day
    whats Lettland?!
    Latvia?!

anyways can't wait for Italy vs Germany!
    2 of the best going at it!

YNWA
  • evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i seriously have no idea....i think the deaf guy is just a sore loser Manure fan

Steve Finnan allegedly racially abused Patrice Evra. Thats what it says on BBC teletext.
    Hail Hail
    evo wrote:
    Steve Finnan allegedly racially abused Patrice Evra. Thats what it says on BBC teletext.
    hope it isnt true..cos Finnan for me has been our best player this season..doesnt need this to tarnish his great season

YNWA
    Italy (ITA) : Germany (GER) 2-1
    France (FRA) : Slovakia (SVK) 1-1
    Scotland (SCO) : Switzerland (SUI) 1-2
    Turkey (TUR) : Czech Republic (CZE) 0-2
    Austria (AUT) : Canada (CAN) 1-1
    Senegal (SEN) : Norway (NOR) 1-1
    Northern Ireland (NIR) : Estonia (EST) 1-2
    Republic of Ireland (IRL) : Sweden (SWE) 1-3
    Netherlands (NED) : Ecuador (ECU) 3-1
    Mexico (MEX) : Ghana (GHA) 2-2
    Russia (RUS) : Brazil (BRA) 1-3
    Croatia (CRO) : Argentina (ARG) 1-2
    Wales (WAL) : Paraguay (PAR) 0-2
    Israel (ISR) : Denmark (DEN) 0-2
    USA (USA) : Poland (POL) 2-1
    England (ENG) : Uruguay (URU) 3-2
    India (IND) : Yemen (YEM) 1-1
    Chinese Taipei (TPE) : Syria (SYR) 0-3
    Oman (OMA) : Jordan (JOR) 1-2
    Pakistan (PAK) : United Arab Emirates (UAE) 1-1
    Kuwait (KUW) : Bahrain (BHR) 1-1
    Iraq (IRQ) : China PR (CHN) 1-2
    Palestine (PLE) : Singapore (SIN) 0-0
    Qatar (QAT) : Uzbekistan (UZB) 1-1
    Bangladesh (BAN) : Hong Kong (HKG) 2-0
    Saudi Arabia (KSA) : Portugal (POR) 1-2
    Spain (ESP) : Côte d'Ivoire (CIV) 2-1
    Tunisia (TUN) : Serbia and Montenegro (SCG) 1-1
    Luxembourg (LUX) : Belgium (BEL) 0-5
    Venezuela (VEN) : Colombia (COL) 1-3
    am watching Russia vs Brazil now
    Brazil still look pretty good despite the injury problems

YNWA