The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    LG, it's better when you just express your views and not post articles. I'm not sure the articles you post get read by anyone.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Hinny wrote:
    LG, it's better when you just express your views and not post articles. I'm not sure the articles you post get read by anyone.
    i been trying to tell her that but she thinks im just ripping on her cos i hate Manure lol
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    Portsmouth's Lomana Lualua's 18 month old son died back in England while he was playing for DR Congo in the African Nations Cup. There's much talk that DRC did not inform him of the tragic news during the competition because they thought it best that he kept his mind on football and not his family.

If this is true, I hope whoever made the decision has the same thing happen to him/her. Go away on a business trip and not get told.
    Hinny wrote:
    Portsmouth's Lomana Lualua's 18 month old son died back in England while he was playing for DR Congo in the African Nations Cup. There's much talk that DRC did not inform him of the tragic news during the competition because they thought it best that he kept his mind on football and not his family.

If this is true, I hope whoever made the decision has the same thing happen to him/her. Go away on a business trip and not get told.
    thats really terrible...how could they do such a thing over a damn footie competition that DRC had no chance of winning anyways?!

bad week for footie anyways...another loss..not enough chances created..strikers not scoring...oh well back to the old inconsistent team..now i hope we don't lose 3rd place to Sperms :|
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • oh that´s horrorable for a daddy ....foothball player or not ....

anyways hamburg loss in hannover (bad match but good first half ) and ailton ´ll be missed ´bout 8 weeks bec. of a clash in the 8 minute

and de jong he´s just good for getting yellow cards :(:(

and in the bremen match there was a bad accident a player with the goalkeeper
    reinke really bad maybe he will never play again (37)
  • and it really seems like that barcelona will buy anton :(:(

they offer a lot for him

he should stay in england !!!!!
    or maybe goin to germany (lol)
  • Hinny wrote:

ok:D i try my best ;):)
  • sol is not coming back

sylvestre is maybe goin to lyon ???

and Alexander Hleb maybe move back to germany-hamburg
    Man, I haven't seen a keeper be so stupid since Peter Enkelman tapped a throw in into his own net. Richard Wright... before the match in the FA Cup between Everton and Chelsea, practicing. Someone lobs him, so he's falling back, and... trips over the sign placed inside the goal telling the fans to stay off the pitch. And gets injured.

Heh, Evertonians.
  • Hinny wrote:
    Man, I haven't seen a keeper be so stupid since Peter Enkelman tapped a throw in into his own net. Richard Wright... before the match in the FA Cup between Everton and Chelsea, practicing. Someone lobs him, so he's falling back, and... trips over the sign placed inside the goal telling the fans to stay off the pitch. And gets injured.

Heh, Evertonians.

i didn´t see that so i can´t say something ...
    can't expect much from Evertonians really...

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    can't expect much from Evertonians really...

why??hehe.........
    why??hehe.........
    they're useless..simple as that
    a disgrace to the lovely place we call Liverpool

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    they're useless..simple as that
    a disgrace to the lovely place we call Liverpool

mhhhhhhhhh

liverpool lovely place:p no manchester baby :D:p

or you know:D ....so what do you think :anton ferdinand to barcelona ??
    mhhhhhhhhh

liverpool lovely place:p no manchester baby :D:p

or you know:D ....so what do you think :anton ferdinand to barcelona ??
    have u ever been to Manchester?
    if there isnt industrial factories...all there is are junkies,crossdressing transverstites and drunk homeless bums trying to molest women
    gotta be joking to say Manchester is lovely.

nope wont happen...he's more likely to join ARSE-anal or Liverpool

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    have u ever been to Manchester?
    if there isnt industrial factories...all there is are junkies,crossdressing transverstites and drunk homeless bums trying to molest women
    gotta be joking to say Manchester is lovely.

nope wont happen...he's more likely to join ARSE-anal or Liverpool

junkeys are everyhwere ...even here are much earea who got a lot of factorys but hamburg is lovely ...and acctually i want to work in manchester and live a bit outside if heard from an english cupple -her man working in manchester before -did that and they love it .and not in all eareas in manchester are like that ...

he said no to liverpool and arse and by the way he will never join liverpool
    he said no to liverpool and arse and by the way he will never join liverpool
    and how do you know that?
    he called you and told you while telling you to stop stalking his family?

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    and how do you know that?
    he called you and told you while telling you to stop stalking his family?

the manager off west ham said that in an interview days ago!
    what are you talking i never stalked anybody and never do ...
    the manager off west ham said that in an interview days ago!
    what are you talking i never stalked anybody and never do ...
    dont remember Pardew saying such a thing
    maybe deny rumors cos its his job to.
    ah yes my bad..not stalk but have an irritating obsession with their family.
    btw i just watched Anton and Rio on CNN...they were playing 3 a side futsal in London for a Nike promo

YNWA
    some good news..Gabriel Paletta will join Liverpool in June
    and some bad news..
    Ron Greenwood has passed away at the age of 84
    RIP

YNWA
    he wont be so cool when he's selling burgers behind the counter...rude asshole.
    his parents should teach him some manners.

YNWA
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Where did you read this news about Paletta?
    read it on Sky Sports

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    dont remember Pardew saying such a thing
    maybe deny rumors cos its his job to.
    ah yes my bad..not stalk but have an irritating obsession with their family.
    btw i just watched Anton and Rio on CNN...they were playing 3 a side futsal in London for a Nike promo

of course but i belive pardew will do everthing to hold anton !!!

it´s not my foult ;) well they are both great foothball player ;) so what!?

oh that´s cool ...damn i missed it
  • RIP Ron Greenwood

Eric Cantona (our legend)said that cristiano ronaldo can do more in fromt of goals etc. and i say true said!!!and he will be one of manu´s best ....so go boy!!!
  • and by the way the match manu vs west ham is now on march 29 @old trafford
  • wow that would be cool :anton ferdinand for england too !!!
    Rangers already have McLeish replacement

Rangers will name Alex McLeish's successor following next month's Champions League tie against Villarreal - and the club already know his identity.

The Ibrox club announced on Thursday that manager McLeish will stand down at the end of the season.

Chairman David Murray will make an announcement about the club's next manager after the Champions League last-16 tie against Villarreal, the second leg of which takes place on March 7.

Speaking of McLeish's successor, Murray told BBC Scotland: 'We have plans for that and we will announce that when it's appropriate.'

When asked if the next manager of Rangers would be Frenchman Paul Le Guen, he added: 'I'm not going to comment on that. I don't think today it's right to speculate about who it is.

'We are here to talk about what we have already done.

'All I've got to say is that we will announce it after the Villarreal game.'

Murray believes it was in the best interest of everyone involved with Rangers to make the announcement regarding McLeish's future now rather than later.

He said: 'The decision had to be made, it's a premature announcement, but it takes away the grey area.

'We want to get down to winning some football matches.

'We had a very difficult time before Christmas, we seemed to get back on track and we didn't lose for 10 games but we've lost these two games.

'It's been very helpful having the supporters' groups here this week because they speak on behalf of the vast majority of the fans.

'The board, the players, everybody feels it's the best thing to do.'

Murray will also make an announcement regarding a 'significant' investment in the club following the Villarreal game.

And that is likely to mean cash for the new manager to spend on players.

Murray said: 'Significant amounts of money will be coming into Rangers Football Club.

'It's obvious that we've got to reinvest real money in players and other areas of the club and that's our intention.'

Light Blues boss McLeish was given a stay of execution in December and the Govan club's Bank of Scotland Premier League form picked up.

But they lost 2-0 to Aberdeen last night, a result which followed an embarrassing 3-0 Tennent's Scottish Cup fourth-round exit at the hands of Hibernian at Ibrox.

The SPL champions have slipped back into fourth place in the table, behind leaders Celtic, Hearts and Hibernian.

The Light Blues are now 18 points behind their great rivals ahead of the third Old Firm clash of the season at Ibrox on Sunday.

Chairman Murray told Rangers World: 'The manager's departure was agreed in early January as Alex believed that a four-and-a-half-year term at the club was an appropriate period upon which to end his tenure.

'It had always been the board's intention to make this announcement after the Villarreal Champions League matches, in conjunction with other major changes that will have a significant impact, both in terms of new investment and personnel.

'However, in light of recent results and helpful discussions with various supporters' groups, directors and senior players, it was agreed that the announcement of the manager's departure should be made now.

'Alex McLeish has enjoyed a highly successful period winning seven trophies over four and a half years and during this time there has been significant financial constraints throughout the football environment in general.

'I also believe that, collectively, the club and the supporters together will play their part in success returning to Rangers Football Club.'

YNWA
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Rangers already have McLeish replacement

Rangers will name Alex McLeish's successor following next month's Champions League tie against Villarreal - and the club already know his identity.

The Ibrox club announced on Thursday that manager McLeish will stand down at the end of the season.

Chairman David Murray will make an announcement about the club's next manager after the Champions League last-16 tie against Villarreal, the second leg of which takes place on March 7.

Speaking of McLeish's successor, Murray told BBC Scotland: 'We have plans for that and we will announce that when it's appropriate.'

When asked if the next manager of Rangers would be Frenchman Paul Le Guen, he added: 'I'm not going to comment on that. I don't think today it's right to speculate about who it is.

'We are here to talk about what we have already done.

'All I've got to say is that we will announce it after the Villarreal game.'

Murray believes it was in the best interest of everyone involved with Rangers to make the announcement regarding McLeish's future now rather than later.

He said: 'The decision had to be made, it's a premature announcement, but it takes away the grey area.

'We want to get down to winning some football matches.

'We had a very difficult time before Christmas, we seemed to get back on track and we didn't lose for 10 games but we've lost these two games.

'It's been very helpful having the supporters' groups here this week because they speak on behalf of the vast majority of the fans.

'The board, the players, everybody feels it's the best thing to do.'

Murray will also make an announcement regarding a 'significant' investment in the club following the Villarreal game.

And that is likely to mean cash for the new manager to spend on players.

Murray said: 'Significant amounts of money will be coming into Rangers Football Club.

'It's obvious that we've got to reinvest real money in players and other areas of the club and that's our intention.'

Light Blues boss McLeish was given a stay of execution in December and the Govan club's Bank of Scotland Premier League form picked up.

But they lost 2-0 to Aberdeen last night, a result which followed an embarrassing 3-0 Tennent's Scottish Cup fourth-round exit at the hands of Hibernian at Ibrox.

The SPL champions have slipped back into fourth place in the table, behind leaders Celtic, Hearts and Hibernian.

The Light Blues are now 18 points behind their great rivals ahead of the third Old Firm clash of the season at Ibrox on Sunday.

Chairman Murray told Rangers World: 'The manager's departure was agreed in early January as Alex believed that a four-and-a-half-year term at the club was an appropriate period upon which to end his tenure.

'It had always been the board's intention to make this announcement after the Villarreal Champions League matches, in conjunction with other major changes that will have a significant impact, both in terms of new investment and personnel.

'However, in light of recent results and helpful discussions with various supporters' groups, directors and senior players, it was agreed that the announcement of the manager's departure should be made now.

'Alex McLeish has enjoyed a highly successful period winning seven trophies over four and a half years and during this time there has been significant financial constraints throughout the football environment in general.

'I also believe that, collectively, the club and the supporters together will play their part in success returning to Rangers Football Club.'

Murray - "Eck, your sacked"

Eck - "Fair, enough boss, cannae complain. I'll dust down my cv"

Murray - "Don't be hasty big man. You can stay in the job until the end of the season - there's nothing important happening between now and then anyway" :confused:

Anyway time to party!!!! :D
    Wonder who we will get...I'm excited..
    Murray - "Eck, your sacked"

Eck - "Fair, enough boss, cannae complain. I'll dust down my cv"

Murray - "Don't be hasty big man. You can stay in the job until the end of the season - there's nothing important happening between now and then anyway" :confused:

Anyway time to party!!!! :D
    Wonder who we will get...I'm excited..
    well he wasnt that bad..haha...
    yeh i wonder whose the new boss as well since they already know who it is!

YNWA