The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Ok,thank you. Can't be too good since it's never talked about.
  • Ok,thank you. Can't be too good since it's never talked about.

sorry i didn´t talk about bec. no idear about it...
  • sorry i didn´t talk about bec. no idear about it...

Yes no problem. :)

Was just wondering since I've never heard of team from Dublin and even Glasgow has 2 that are playing Euro Cups every year.
  • Yes no problem. :)

Was just wondering since I've never heard of team from Dublin and even Glasgow has 2 that are playing Euro Cups every year.

i really have to say That i´ve no intrest to follow them (sorry)
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Yes no problem. :)

Yes there is an Irish league. I know alot more about the Glasgow clubs though :) Yes Rangers FC are in the Champions League, the other Glasgow club Celtic are NOT :D:D While I'm at it neither is a certain Manchester club in Europe either.. You could be forgiven for thinking this was a Ushited thread as there is alot of stuff posted about them, but some of us couldn't give a shit about them and enjoy their recent poor run :)
  • young players in the pl:

Ryan Taylor (Wigan)
    James Morrison (M'Boro)
    Steven Davis (Villa)
    Charles N'Zogbia (Newcastle)
    Wayne Rooney (UNITED!)
    Peter Ramage (Newcastle)
    Mark Noble (West Ham)
    Michael Dawson (Spurs)
    Paul Stalteri (Spurs)
    Aaron Lennon (Spurs)!
    Francesc Fabregas (Arsenal)
    Giuseppe Rossi (UNITED!)
    Phil Bardsley (UNITED!)
    Joey O'Brien (Bolton)
    Darren Bent (Charlton)
    Darren Ambrose (Charlton)
    Jerome Thomas (Charlton)
    Leon Osman (Everton)
    Liam Rosenior (Fulham)
    Stephen Ireland (Man City)
    Gerard Pique (UNITED!)
    Keiran Richardson (UNITED!)
    Stewart Downing (M'Boro)
    Steven Taylor (Newcastle)
    Matt Taylor (Pompey)
    Gary O'Neill (Pompey)
    Curtis Davies (West Brom)
    Anton Ferdinand (West Ham)
    Nigel Reo-Coker (West Ham)
    Matthew Etherington (West Ham)
    Leighton Baines (Wigan)
    Aiyegbeni Yakubu (M'Boro)
  • i know this clubs off course but i never look out for the irish ...
    it´s not even mention in the top 20 of eurosport i think ok manu isn´t that high scored anymore but i support them and by the way they aren´t that bad :D
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Yes there is an Irish league. I know alot more about the Glasgow clubs though :) Yes Rangers FC are in the Champions League, the other Glasgow club Celtic are NOT :D:D While I'm at it neither is a certain Manchester club in Europe either.. You could be forgiven for thinking this was a Ushited thread as there is alot of stuff posted about them, but some of us couldn't give a shit about them and enjoy their recent poor run :)
    AMEN! :D:D:D
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    young players in the pl:
    whats the point of this dumb list?
    run out of "Manure Crap We don't give a shit aboot"?
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:

can you read ? ok than read it´s not only ´bout manu some young players are playing for manu so many don´t:p and i mention them so look @the list and maybe add some or leave it
    amen....
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    AxlUlrich wrote:

WOW! that was funny :D
    haha

but! I'm kinda curious myself.. ?
    can you read ? ok than read it´s not only ´bout manu some young players are playing for manu so many don´t:p and i mention them so look @the list and maybe add some or leave it
    amen....
    where in my reply did i say it was aboot only Manure?
    im just asking whats the point of a post with some morons names?
    half of them i doubt you even know exists..thats all.

this is a funny read by the way...watching it live was even funnier but was too pissed to laugh
    http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=360730&CPID=8&clid=&lid=2&title=Rafa+rage+at+Robben

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    where in my reply did i say it was aboot only Manure?
    im just asking whats the point of a post with some morons names?
    half of them i doubt you even know exists..thats all.

this is a funny read by the way...watching it live was even funnier but was too pissed to laugh
    http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=360730&CPID=8&clid=&lid=2&title=Rafa+rage+at+Robben

i just find it very intresting how many youngsters are playing in the first squad in their team or where mention from their team that´s all ...or from the media
    i just find it very intresting how many youngsters are playing in the first squad in their team or where mention from their team that´s all ...or from the media
    Pique is definitely not a first team player...that pile of gay crap only plays in some cup games or against lower opposition

btw...amazing how your english has improved in 5 minutes *claps

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    Pique is definitely not a first team player...that pile of gay crap only plays in some cup games or against lower opposition

btw...amazing how your english has improved in 5 minutes *claps

no comment i just saw that he was mention more than once :D
    maybe they don´t find him ready yet but i think he maybe does his way!!

well if i want to i can speak and undertstand pretty well and sometimes i just an english -german programm:D;)

thanx anyways;)
    no comment i just saw that he was mention more than once :D
    maybe they don´t find him ready yet but i think he maybe does his way!!

well if i want to i can speak and undertstand pretty well and sometimes i just an english -german programm:D;)

thanx anyways;)
    he sucks..his lips looks like he had too many cocks the previous night

ah ic...that explains it lol

YNWA
  • he´s young and we have him and if he ´s totally ready he be in the first squad belive me ...of course you´ve to say he sucks ....:p;)
  • and somebody to add Marcus Neumayr (a young german playing for us):p one day in the first squad i hope!!!
    he´s young and we have him and if he ´s totally ready he be in the first squad belive me ...of course you´ve to say he sucks ....:p;)
    have you even watched him play to know he will be ready?
    you just said it yourself..you only added him cos you heard his name once or twice.
    and nah i aint biased..i have praised many Manure players..even last night i praised them vs Fulham

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    have you even watched him play to know he will be ready?
    you just said it yourself..you only added him cos you heard his name once or twice.
    and nah i aint biased..i have praised many Manure players..even last night i praised them vs Fulham

i saw some spots of the reserve matches etc. and i don´t find him that bad in his playing but i might be wrong we will see in the future !!!

all is allright ;);)
    i saw some spots of the reserve matches etc. and i don´t find him that bad in his playing but i might be wrong we will see in the future !!!

all is allright ;);)
    if you ask me..noone can judge a player by tiny clips
    trust me..he sucks...he couldnt even defend well against Burton

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    if you ask me..noone can judge a player by tiny clips
    trust me..he sucks...he couldnt even defend well against Burton

well i´ve to say against burton ok he didn´t look great @all but i think he can perform better than this and he has a bright furture .But i can´t watch straight to the future so we will see ...
    well i´ve to say against burton ok he didn´t look great @all but i think he can perform better than this and he has a bright furture .But i can´t watch straight to the future so we will see ...
    what makes you say that>?
    a crystal ball?

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    what makes you say that>?
    a crystal ball?

But i can´t watch straight to the future i might be wrong
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Reina was stupid yeah..but Robben made alot of it!
    Robben definitely milked it for all it was worth. Should've received a yellow for being a tool. Did Reina get sent off for the two footed lunge from behind or the hand on Robben's face? Either way, it was always going to be a red card.

The Stamford Bridge pitch looked like a mud field, but it's hardly the only one of its kind on show in the EPL.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
    Hinny wrote:
    Robben definitely milked it for all it was worth. Should've received a yellow for being a tool. Did Reina get sent off for the two footed lunge from behind or the hand on Robben's face? Either way, it was always going to be a red card.

The Stamford Bridge pitch looked like a mud field, but it's hardly the only one of its kind on show in the EPL.
    Reina was only gonna get a yellow...straight red was for the shove on poor girly Robben.
    ugly prick...

YNWA
    Boudewijn Zenden has issued an upbeat bulletin on his fitness, having dispensed with his crutches, but is still a long way from making a return to action for Liverpool.

The Dutch winger is currently sidelined after damaging a cruciate knee ligament against Real Betis last November.

Zenden is most unlikely to play again this season, although he feels he could be fit for the UEFA Champions League final should The Reds go all the way.

The former Barcelona man says he is making steady progress and is looking to the future in a positive frame of mind.

"I am still quite far away," Zenden told Sky Sports in his role as a summariser for the Super Sunday clash between Liverpool and Chelsea.

"I have got rid of the crutches, got rid of my brace and am a bit more mobile.

"Walking is going a bit better now and I am going forward."

YNWA
  • ubdate ´bout sol:

has returned to training with the Gunners after not being seen at the club since last Wednesday's defeat to West Ham.

Arsene Wenger was always confident that the England stopper would return to the club after giving him permission to stay away for a few days.

Wenger has spoken to Campbell and is looking forward to him returning to the side and making a major contribution to the remainder of the season.

He said: "There is nothing for me to forgive because there was no acrimony at all and no argument in the dressing room.

"There is no bad feeling at all. It's just that you cannot perform at this level if you are not in the right state and he wasn't.

"We welcome him back and he will have plenty to contribute in the final stretch of the season, when we will need everybody."

Campbell's solicitor, Bon Battu, released a statement on Saturday afternoon that read: "Sol is absolutely fine. I have been in continuous contact with him since Wednesday evening.

"He needed time and space to gather his thoughts. He has no personal problems whatsoever. He will be back in training next week."
  • sorry maybe this is the lattest :

Gunners plan Sol welcome
    6 February 2006

Arsene Wenger and Thierry Henry will welcome back Sol Campbell with open arms and help with putting his troubles behind him when he returns to the Arsenal training ground in the early part of next week.

There has been widespread speculation as to what has been the root of Campbell's behaviour and reports suggested that he initially intended to quit Arsenal before having a change of heart. But manager Wenger and skipper Henry will do their best to make the 31-year-old central defender welcome when he drives through the gates of London Colney either on Monday or on Tuesday.

Wenger said: "We will help Sol to bounce back quickly and to focus and concentrate on the game of football which is the best cure.

"I know Sol well enough to know he doesn't do what he did if he is not really down. But I had a short conversation with Sol on the phone on Friday evening. He sounded okay to me and he will be back on Monday or Tuesday."

Henry was quick to praise Arsenal's young and makeshift defence in Campbell's absence as they triumphed 2-0 at Birmingham but still believes they would be stronger with the presence of the England player.

He said: "Sebastien Larsson has not a lot of experience as a left-back and I don't know if Mathieu Flamini had ever played right-back apart from the West Ham game You also had two more young players in Philippe Senderos and Johan Djourou in the middle and only Jens Lehmann brought up the age average in that area.

"West Ham took advantage of the situation. You saw against Birmingham with some extra days of work with people what you can do. It was amazing what they did at the back.

"But I just think it is better when Sol is at the back and he always gives you the confidence you need. I will be waiting to welcome him when he comes back next week."
  • 1950-1959
    Choose a Decade

The 1950's dawned with the break-up of Matt Busby’s first successful United side - the 1948 FA Cup-winning team.

Dressing room dissent led to Johnny Morris departing for Derby and Charlie Mitten exporting his wing wizardry to Colombia. Some United supporters were worried to lose star players of that calibre, but any fans that placed their faith in Busby were soon rewarded.

The great Scot’s plan was to promote the youngsters he’d been recruiting and grooming in the late 1940’s. Jackie Blanchflower and Roger Byrne were the first to emerge and be labelled ‘Babes’ by the newspapers; in their debut season 1951/52, United won the League Championship for the first time since 1911.

Byrne, aged 21, played a big part in that success, making 24 appearances, including the final six on the wing, from where he scored seven goals. He then returned to his customary left-back role, and captained the side for four years from February 1954.

In 1955/56 and 1956/57, Byrne lifted the Championship trophy as skipper of a great young side that included several more products of Busby’s youth academy. Eddie Colman, Mark Jones and David Pegg were all first team regulars, having cut their teeth in the FA Youth Cup, which United won five years in a row from its inception in 1953.

United - League Champions 1957

Not all the young talent was home-grown, however. The United manager was equally happy to plunge into the transfer market, and in March 1953, he spent one pound short of thirty thousand on Tommy Taylor, the prolific Barnsley striker. He proved to be an excellent signing, as he continued to knock in the goals for United and England. Another big-money transfer saw Harry Gregg arrive from Doncaster Rovers in December 1957. The fee of £23,000 was a world record fee for a goalkeeper at the time, but it was money well spent as Gregg immediately became United's regular shot-stopper. He was also number one for his country, Northern Ireland.

Another young man who excelled for club and country was Duncan Edwards. So powerful, talented and mature was the Dudley teenager that Matt Busby could not hold him back from United’s first team. In April 1953, he became the First Division’s youngest-ever player at the age of 16 years and 185 days.

One match that perhaps epitomised the new Busby Babes era more than most was against Arsenal at Highbury on 1 February 1958. In front of a crowd of 63,578 the Reds beat the Gunners in a nine-goal thriller with goals from Edwards, Taylor (2), Bobby Charlton and Dennis Viollet.

Sadly, what was perhaps their greatest game on English soil was certainly to be the last for that particular Manchester United team. From Highbury, the Babes headed off into Europe to play the second leg of a tie against Red Star Belgrade. Again they won 5-4, this time on aggregate, but on the way home their celebrations were cut short by tragedy.
    United line up in Belgrade, February 1958

United line up in Belgrade, February 1958

After refuelling in Munich on 6 February 1958, the United aeroplane crashed, killing twenty-two people, including seven players – Byrne, Colman, Jones, Pegg, Taylor, Geoff Bent and Liam Whelan. Duncan Edwards became the eighth player to die of his injuries, fifteen days later in a German hospital......(RIP them in one minutes of sylence!!!)

The club, the city of Manchester and the English game entered a long period of mourning, and it seemed inconceivable that United could ever recover from such an appalling disaster.

But as Matt Busby defied the medics to recover from his crash wounds, the team bounced back and, patched up by assistant manager Jimmy Murphy, they reached the FA Cup Final in May 1958. They lost at Wembley to Bolton Wanderers, twelve months after losing the final to Aston Villa.

To continue the theme of finishing a close second, the Reds were also runners-up in the League Championship of 1958/59. By then, the team was again in a transitional period, as Matt Busby constructed another great team for another great decade.