The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    glad to see Sol back..hope he regains some form after the 14th ;)
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Sol should be fined for inproper conduct
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    glad to see Sol back..hope he regains some form after the 14th ;)

before that;)
  • we signed a young irish boy:D

Craig Cathcart !!!
    anyone knows some ´bout him ...hope he ´s good ...
  • Rio backs Campbell to come good

(wow nice done;))

06 February 2006 18:31
    Manchester United centre-back Rio Ferdinand (pictured) has backed his England team-mate Sol Campbell to eventually return to form.

Manchester United centre-back Rio Ferdinand has backed his England team-mate Sol Campbell to eventually return to form.

Campbell, 31, has struggled recently while playing for Arsenal, with Ferdinand and Chelsea's John Terry appearing favourites for the two starting places in the heart of the England defence for the World Cup this summer.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has revealed Campbell is going through a "difficult period" in his life, but Ferdinand is confident the former Tottenham defender will bounce back.

"No one knows what's going on to be honest," Ferdinand said. "Lots of people are passing judgement and giving their opinion on the situation.

"His football will do the talking at the end of the day and when he wants to come out and say what is happening or not happening he will do that.

"I will leave it to him to make his mind up and come back and play football the way he always has. It doesn't matter who you are, no-one is immune to a lack of confidence. Sol is a fantastic player, he's been consistent over the years, he's proved that to himself and I'm sure he will continue to do that."

England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson will leave his post after the World Cup, and Ferdinand is open minded about the Swede's successor.

He added on talkSPORT: "As long as whoever comes in brings success, I'm sure everyone will be happy, so I have no preference."
  • :D:D:D:D

A cheeky Chelsea mascot makes Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard look foolish before the clash at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

:D:D:D:D
  • Toulouse midfielder Achille Emana is keen to sign for Arsenal.

The 23-year-old said: "I could help them to secure the midfield.”
  • for any who´s intresting:

Sheff Utd 1-4 Watford
  • for any who´s intresting:

Sheff Utd 1-4 Watford

HAHAHAHAHA! They can shove their Jose Mourhinho chants up their arse SIDEWAYS!:D
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section

A cheeky Chelsea mascot makes Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard look foolish before the clash at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

seriously....lame post
    if there's a bloody picture attached to it or a story then post
    why post a bloody headline with no story?!?
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    seriously....lame post
    if there's a bloody picture attached to it or a story then post
    why post a bloody headline with no story?!?

there´s a video but i can´t copy that .Thought it work but it ain´t ....
    there´s a video but i can´t copy that .Thought it work but it ain´t ....
    too bad then.
    whats the video like? or you haven't seen it too?

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    too bad then.
    whats the video like? or you haven't seen it too?

well a reporter talks ...gerrad comes out of the (i think) dressing room than there is the maskotchen and this one let him look like a fool!!
  • shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    shearer shearer!!!
    shearer!!!!!!!!!!!

souness sacking shouldve been done much earlier
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • and another story continues:D:

Reina furious at Robben 'acting'
    Jose Reina is shown the red card at Stamford Bridge
    Reina was sent off in the 82nd minute
    Liverpool keeper Jose Reina has accused Chelsea winger Arjen Robben of acting to get him sent off in Sunday's 2-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge.

Reina was dismissed after raising his hand to Robben, 21, late in the game.

But Reina, 23, was quoted in the Daily Star as saying: "I am furious with him for what happened. Robben's a big actor and he did well enough to win an Oscar.

"He is an excellent player but he was deceitful with the way he behaved. I would never hit out at another player."

Reina will not appeal

Reina now faces a three-match ban after the Reds decided not to appeal against referee Alan Wiley's decision.

But Reina added: "He exaggerated what happened and therefore forced the referee to send me off.

"If we had been at Anfield, I would never have got a red card. There was also a lot of pressure from the crowd.

"My team-mates feel the same and are very angry."
  • hey help me out what´s the meaning of following:

play Qatar -what is that ?
  • african cup of nations semi-final

Egypt v Senegal
    Ivory Coast v Nigeria

my dream final is nigeria vs senegal
  • Well Qatar is a country in the Middle East at least,so maybe someone is playing against them or something

Edit. one playing too much :o
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    african cup of nations semi-final

Egypt v Senegal
    Ivory Coast v Nigeria

my dream final is nigeria vs senegal
    I'd have Egypt v Nigeria. The hosts against the continent's powerhouse.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Well Qatar is a country in the Middle East at least,so maybe someone is playing playing against them or something

what ?ok than manu will play there before the wigan match.oh my english is so bad ..sorry maybe i understood that wrong lol

oh and just now playing much -that´s it ...i think i need a latte machiatto!!!
  • and see you couse i´m getting ready myself to work :p
    Hinny wrote:
    I'd have Egypt v Nigeria. The hosts against the continent's powerhouse.
    i think Egypt will go all the way too and win it

YNWA
    well a reporter talks ...gerrad comes out of the (i think) dressing room than there is the maskotchen and this one let him look like a fool!!
    just watched it on the telly...cheeky kid..probably retarded too judging from his face
    kid is lucky it was Stevie..if it was Roy Keane..Keane would have hammered the little twat like the hooligan that he is

YNWA
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    just watched it on the telly...cheeky kid..probably retarded too judging from his face
    kid is lucky it was Stevie..if it was Roy Keane..Keane would have hammered the little twat like the hooligan that he is
    haha, yeah I like this angst against a kid of like 9 or whatever, maybe t'was his family who put him up to it. But he probably could do with the belt.....
  • Ever notice how the richest team in England gets all the decisions?
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
  • sorry but how old are they ?:

TILSON ISSUES CHALLENGE TO RIO

Southend boss Steve Tilson has thrown down the gauntlet to Manchester United and England defender Rio Ferdinand - in a table tennis challenge.

Ferdinand appeared on talkSPORT on Monday and, among other things, he was quizzed on his ping-pong prowess.

When the centre-half claimed he could beat anyone in football, Tilson's name was mentioned as a potential opponent.

Tilson, who represented England at the sport as a teenager," told the club's official website: "Bring it on! I'd be more than willing to take on Rio in a table tennis match if we could set something up.

"How about we make things a little more interesting with a wager as well - a week of Rio's salary against a week of mine?"
  • iverpool have been dealt a blow with the news Steven Gerrard could miss their next two games.

But Rafael Benitez has challenged his wilting outfit to prove they can win without their skipper.

Manager Benitez has lost his leader, inspiration and top scorer for the Barclays Premiership clash at Charlton on Wednesday, with Gerrard missing The Valley match with a knee injury that after needing a scan this week, could also rule him out of the trip to Wigan on Saturday.

It is the worst possible time for Liverpool to lose the one player who drives them forward. Defeats at Manchester United and Chelsea have finally ended any fleeting hope of the title and put into context what Benitez now accepts is a chase "to reach the Champions League."

Benitez badly needs Gerrard in south-east London after seeing the tide turn against his men as they battle their way through a hugely demanding season that has already seen them play 41 matches - more than Tottenham will face in their entire season.

Only a couple of weeks ago Liverpool were setting records by going 16 domestic games without defeat, a run that included 12 clean sheets - much down to the abilities of Jose Reina, the keeper who now starts a three-match ban following his daft indiscretion at Chelsea that allowed Arjen Robben to milk the situation.

But now Benitez's side, 21 points behind Chelsea, have just one win in five league games and conceded nine goals in seven matches.

All that leaves Benitez needing to raise the morale of his squad, now without Gerrard in their hour of need.

The Liverpool chief said: "Second place I suppose is the target now. But we have to win the games to make that possible.

"When you have experience, you know what to do when you are losing. I have talked with the players and told them to get their heads up because we have done a lot of good things this season.

"We are third, we are better off than we were last season. We are progressing regardless of what has happened.

"Maybe the defeats by Chelsea and Manchester United have changed our targets. The second position is now the target, maybe the top of the table is no longer the target for us."

He added: "Steven's injury is not serious, he needs rest for three or four days.

"He will be rested because we have a lot of games coming up close together.

"We have relied upon him. But maybe this is a situation for the others, if he is injured he cannot score. Maybe we will now see the other strikers scoring instead.

"It is an opportunity now for the rest. Steven has played a lot of games and scored a lot of goals.

"Now there is a need for the other players to show that they also need to score."

And with Robbie Fowler likely to be involved after staying behind at Melwood to work on his fitness at the weekend, Benitez now desperately needs his shot-shy strikers to come good.

Fernando Morientes, Djibril Cisse and Peter Crouch have managed only 10 goals between them since mid-October. Gerrard has already scored 18 this season himself.

Benitez would give no hint, though, of Fowler's involvement, apart from saying: "Fowler has improved his physical condition, he has trained really hard. But we have other strikers who have also been trying to impress.

"But if I do use him I know he will run and run, I'm not sure for how long.

"Robbie is happy about the situation, he understands his role, he is committed and happy.

"Robbie knows he must improve, and we want to get him fit for the rest of the season, not just one game now.

"He may be 70 to 80% fit, it is hard to say because he improves every day. But sometimes you do not always need to be 100% if you are clever and know the right movements.

"But if you are clever, know the movements and are fully fit and quicker it is better still."
  • Manchester United have decided against going to the Gulf the week before the Carling Cup final.

The club had been toying with the idea of heading for either Qatar or Dubai before facing Wigan at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff on February 26.

But with an FA Cup tie against Liverpool scheduled on February 18, they felt the timespan, given the travelling, was not convenient.

Club officials have now given up on the idea of and decid

i think that´s all good now bec. what´s happening in the arabian countrys i wouldn´t like to imagine ..alex on february 18 we´ve to be enemies ;)
  • West Ham United skipper tipped for England
    09:36 February, 7, 2006
    West Ham United Football Club skipper Nigel Reo-Coker could be a decent outside bet to gatecrash the England squad for the World Cup Finals.

The 21-year-old has been in fine form for the Hammers this season, and has been a key reason for their excellent season on their return to The Premiership.

And his team mate Anton Ferdinand – himself in great form this term – has tipped the former Wimbledon man as a possibility for the World Cup Finals this summer.

"I am egging Nigel on to get into the World Cup squad," said Ferdinand. "He has a realistic chance because he is one of the best at his job as a Premiership youngster.

"His hunger and determination is like no other. To be 21 and be captain of a club like West Ham shows the character he has and he can bring that to England.

"History shows there is always one surprise member that makes the squad and my fingers are crossed for Nigel."
  • oh no:

Barcelona lining up West Ham United swoop

Barcelona are reportedly keen on West Ham United Football Club defender Anton Ferdinand.

The Spaniards are keen to sign a young central defender to partner Carles Puyol, and have sent scouts to watch the 20-year-old Hammer in action on a number of occasions this season.

The younger brother of Manchester United ace Rio has been in fine form this term and one of the reasons for the Londoners impressive display on their return to the top-flight.

Manager Alan Pardew has already felt the need to warn off Arsenal and Liverpool in recent months, both of whom have been linked with a summer swoop for the player.

However, they may find it more difficult to stave off the interest in Ferdinand from Barcelona, who seem set to win their second successive league title this season.