The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• AxlUlrich wrote:
    great game so far..both sides are playing well..Manure better
    but Fulham were robbed..RVN was offside for the Saha goal..should be 2-1

ok but the refuge didn´t d see it lol ...it can happen ...good to hear !!!
  • newcastle dropped their manager is that right??

i´m listening now also to interwievs with managers etc.
    now it´s blackborn
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    newcastle dropped their manager is that right??

i´m listening now also to interwievs with managers etc.
    now it´s blackborn
    yeh Souness was sacked on Thursday
    3-2 now...again Evra's fault
    both goals Evra allowed the player to get the ball..and Van der Sar should have saved it haha
    pity Fulham..if the offside was given..would be 2-2
    Wayne Bridge too..having a good game..what a cross!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh Souness was sacked on Thursday
    3-2 now...again Evra's fault
    both goals Evra allowed the player to get the ball..and Van der Sar should have saved it haha
    pity Fulham..if the offside was given..would be 2-2
    Wayne Bridge too..having a good game..what a cross!

he should be send off from fergi ...vds oh not again that he loose his form not now what ever who needs a deffends anyways lol...maybe somebody should take care off him

it´s 3:2 and i still listen to radio but i´m off soon bec. i meet my girlz and have to make myself a bit ready for the clubs lol

but manu has to win
    fergi should put rooney in and than we close everthing ...
    he should be send off from fergi ...vds oh not again that he loose his form not now what ever who needs a deffends anyways lol...maybe somebody should take care off him

it´s 3:2 and i still listen to radio but i´m off soon bec. i meet my girlz and have to make myself a bit ready for the clubs lol

but manu has to win
    fergi should put rooney in and than we close everthing ...
    halftime now
    i must admit Manure are missing Rio
    their defence lacks height and aerial strength..Fulham are playing long balls etc cos all the Manure defenders are short farts.
    i hope the 2nd half is as entertaining.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    halftime now
    i must admit Manure are missing Rio
    their defence lacks height and aerial strength..Fulham are playing long balls etc cos all the Manure defenders are short farts.
    i hope the 2nd half is as entertaining.

yes we are missing rio badley;) really i hope so even by than i´m in the bathroom to put myself make up on!!!
  • a hard three points a ronaldo did it again

united beaten fulham by 4:2:p;):)

now i can party
    hsv won
    west ham won
    manu won
    :):):)
  • a hard three points a ronaldo did it again

united beaten fulham by 4:2:p;):)

now i can party
    hsv won
    west ham won
    manu won
    :):):)

Sad they scored 4 behind Antti Niemi.

Glad your teams won
  • Sad they scored 4 behind Antti Niemi.

Glad your teams won
    i´m not sad honey;) sorry;)

i´m glad to thanx sweety;)
    i gonna party now soon as well i left the building lol
    have a lovely saturday night;)

and if liverpool loose tommorow wow (sorry alex sorry daniel )
    but i´m a red devil lady:D;)
    after Manure's win...we must win...even a draw might not be good enough :(

YNWA
  • arsenal are in some deep shit when they play real madrid........the way they are playing is fucking brilliant......watch these guys if they can maintain
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    after Manure's win...we must win...even a draw might not be good enough :(
    3 Chelski draws in a row. We're seriously missing Drogba.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
    Sad they scored 4 behind Antti Niemi.
    Glad your teams won
    dont worry...Hyypia will help keep a clean sheet today(hopefully!)
    Hinny wrote:
    3 Chelski draws in a row. We're seriously missing Drogba.
    yeh thats true...he has a physical side to his game that Crespo etc dont have.
    he was crap last night vs Cameroon though despite scoring the winning penalty

YNWA
  • but if you just get a draw it´s good for us honey;)

Fergie proud following 4-2 win over Fulham
    4/2/06 10:40 PM

Fergie: I'm Proud Of My Fantastic Players

Sir Alex Ferguson is full of pride for his United players after they finished a gruelling part of the season in great style.

The Reds' 4-2 win over Fulham was their nineteenth game in just nine weeks. With that in mind, Fergie was delighted with the performance, especially after the exertions at Ewood Park just a few days ago.

"It creates problems when you play so many games and that’s why I’m proud of them," said Sir Alex after Saturday's game.

"They’ve come through a very hard spell of games. It was a difficult game on Wednesday, especially having to play with ten men for the last third of the match. After the effort we put in there, to get the result today was fantastic."

Understandably, Fergie freshened things up for Fulham with a few personnel changes - including a rare omission for Wayne Rooney. He started on the bench, as Alan Smith, Ji-Sung Park and Ruud van Nistelrooy returned to the starting eleven.

"The form of Louis Saha made it easier for me to rest Wayne," explained Fergie.

"I think he needed a rest because he's one of the players who’ve been playing in all the games and eventually it takes its toll. We saw the result of that today with Gary Neville getting a hamstring injury."

Nemanja Vidic joined Rooney on the bench, after his busy night against Blackburn.

"Vidic was a bit tired and had a bit of a calf strain after Wednesday night. He did fantastic but towards the end he was feeling it," admitted Sir Alex.

"Wednesday was a full-blooded game for him, a sort of welcome to English football. You don’t get rest in our game as you know."

Sir Alex acknowledged that it was Patrice Evra's turn to feel the strain on Saturday, adding: "It will take time. But in the meantime, we’ll get through it."

Getting through it on Saturday meant using all three subs - including a double change when Rooney and Vidic came on for Neville and Park. Fergie later explained the tactics behind the double switch.

"We knew we’d have to take Gary off at some point. He told us at half-time that he was feeling his hamstring. I was toying with what to do. I felt if I moved Wes to right-back, it might pull us back to defending a bit more. So I decided to bring Wayne Rooney on to give us some control in the middle of the park."

Rooney's presence helped the Reds to finish the game with a flourish, as Cristiano Ronaldo scored his second and United's fourth.

"I’m delighted for Ronaldo," said Fergie, "because he should be scoring goals, he really should be. He’s got everything. He’s got two great feet, he’s quick, he’s brave – there’s no reason why he shouldn’t be up around fifteen to twenty goals.

"Louis is a different proposition, he is a goal machine, no question about that. Now his sharpness is back, he’s looking for goals all the time. Today, it was surprising that Ruud didn't score – given the great record he’s got against Fulham. But he played terrifically and made a great contribution. All in all, the forward play was the best part of it.

"The spread of goals is great for us. For example, Kieran Richardson has scored five this season and he’s only played about eight or nine games, so he’s made a contribution. If we get more of that, it’ll be better for us."

As for the opposition, Fergie was very impressed by Fulham - so much so that he absolved his defenders of any blame for the two goals which gave the visitors a fighting chance at half-time.

"I think the goals we conceded on Wednesday were due to individual errors and lack of concentration. We can’t accept that and the players know it - they don’t accept that either.

"But today you’ve got to give credit to Fulham’s two centre-forwards. I haven’t seen two better headers of the ball for years and years.

"It was a throw-back to the days in the Sixties when Tony Hateley or Denis Law could climb as high as that and power in a header like McBride did for the first goal. I think you’ve got to give him ten out of ten for that. I don’t think anybody would have stopped it."
  • next match:

portsmouth v Manchester United
    Premiership | 17:15 | 11 Feb

i can´t follow that but i´m sure we will win !!!!!

(as you know got tickets for next match from HSV )

Does anybody knows who is the next ....for west ham???

well and it´s true they have one week off then??
  • oh i found that:

West Ham United
    versus
    Birmingham City
    Premiership
    Monday 13th February 2006
    Kick-off: 20:00 Venue: Upton Park

easy ???

i belive so ;)
  • this gonna be though :

(the future has to be bright!!lol)

Next Match: Chelsea U18s V West Ham United U18s
    Chelsea U18s
    versus
    West Ham United U18s
    Academy League
    Saturday 11th February 2006
    Kick-off: 11:00 Venue:Hammers Vision
  • FA Premier Reserve League Table
    Pld W D L F A GD Pts
    Manchester United 17 14 0 3 47 18 +29 42
    Middlesbrough 19 12 5 2 40 16 +24 41
    Aston Villa 16 9 5 2 35 17 +18 32
    Newcastle United 19 7 6 6 34 31 +3 27
    Manchester City 17 7 6 4 25 23 +2 27
    Sunderland 18 7 4 7 25 26 -1 25
    Blackburn Rovers 16 6 5 5 26 28 -2 23
    Liverpool 15 7 2 6 18 20 -2 23
    Everton 17 6 5 6 21 24 -3 23
    Birmingham City 19 5 6 8 22 23 -1 21
    Leeds United 16 5 4 7 14 23 -9 19
    Wolverhampton Wanderers 17 4 4 9 18 23 -5 16
    West Bromwich Albion 17 3 4 9 12 31 -19 13
    Wigan Athletic 17 3 2 11 12 28 -16 11
    Bolton Wanderers 16 3 2 11 14 32 -18 11
    Last updated: 03/02/06
  • Just an ignorant Finn here wondering does Ireland have a premier league of their own? They have great players in their national team but i think they all play elsewhere. U can find results from Scottish league everywhere and English divisions have teams from Wales but I've never heard anything from an Irish league or even a team from Dublin for example.

Liverpool seems to be down 1-0 :(
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    What about the state of the pitch at Stamford Bridge? It looks like Mourinho has been trying to turn it into a Portuguese beach
    What about the state of the pitch at Stamford Bridge? It looks like Mourinho has been trying to turn it into a Portuguese beach
    pitch was awful...a game i really wanna forget.
    for the posession we had in the first half we should have scored a goal.
    very disappointing..the red card was the last thing we needed as well.
    team doesnt learn...zonal marking for set plays never worked for us..why keep using it! the moment i saw 4-5-1 i knew it was a loss...Crouch cant play alone..
    dont take our chances at all too..very bad
    now we gotta hope to win our 2 games in hand..and at least have the same points as Manure.

YNWA
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    pitch was awful...a game i really wanna forget.
    for the posession we had in the first half we should have scored a goal.
    very disappointing..the red card was the last thing we needed as well.
    team doesnt learn...zonal marking for set plays never worked for us..why keep using it! the moment i saw 4-5-1 i knew it was a loss...Crouch cant play alone..
    dont take our chances at all too..very bad
    now we gotta hope to win our 2 games in hand..and at least have the same points as Manure.

Reina was stupid yeah..but Robben made alot of it!
    Like u said 2 games in hand..
    Do you think the pitch is tactical for Barca game??
  • hope liverpool will loose this 2 games (lol) we are better :D
    and we will be the no 2:p
    Reina was stupid yeah..but Robben made alot of it!
    Like u said 2 games in hand..
    Do you think the pitch is tactical for Barca game??
    yeh Rafa now is saying on the post match interview that he will visit Robben in the hospital cos he looked so "injured" then started to make comments aboot the dive.
    it could be tactical..but at the same time i dont think they can control the pitch too much.
    Chelski will beat Barca at Stamford Bridge..just a matter of how many goals and whether it will be enough on aggregate. the real game will be at Nou Camp.

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh Rafa now is saying on the post match interview that he will visit Robben in the hospital cos he looked so "injured" then started to make comments aboot the dive.
    it could be tactical..but at the same time i dont think they can control the pitch too much.
    Chelski will beat Barca at Stamford Bridge..just a matter of how many goals and whether it will be enough on aggregate. the real game will be at Nou Camp.

off course chelsea will beat barca ...
    off course chelsea will beat barca ...
    yes...but not on aggregate...thats why i said Barca have to keep the Stamford Bridge tie very tight.

YNWA
    speaking of Barca..they just went 1-0 down at the Nou Camp to a Torres goal.

YNWA
  • Heyyy does anyone have an answer to my question is there an Irish soccer league or no?
    Heyyy does anyone have an answer to my question is there an Irish soccer league or no?
    yes there is

YNWA