The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    elmer wrote:
    yeah I do hope they can topple chelsea
    Chelski have been rather wobbly recently..but sadly so have we..tight match to call but if i have to be honest..i think it will be 0-0 or Chelski winning by a goal..based on our forwards form...we are in trouble
    but hey hope im wrong
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • face it chelsi has gone far far away no matter what and we take the 2nd place:p:p
  • what´s up with Sol Campbell ..this sounds so serious scary !!!

i was just ubs when he deside to go of the pitch by backing wenger !!!

i mean i´m not a arsenal fan but here we see hoe injuries etc. can destreu somebody or am i wrong!!!
  • Rio Ferdinand: “It wasn’t nice being booed by your own fans, but I understand it. If I was a fan reading those things about a player – wanting more money or to leave – maybe I’d have booed.”
    Rio talks contract extensions, scoring goals at Old Trafford and his love for the red shirt.
    yeh Rio should be used to booing...afterall he did join Leeds most hated rivals Manure....money minded donkey! :)
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh Rio should be used to booing...afterall he did join Leeds most hated rivals Manure....money minded donkey! :)

no comment ..he isn´t that ....what you said ...he knows it´s not all about the money
    no comment ..he isn´t that ....what you said ...he knows it´s not all about the money
    "sure"
    get it through your thick headed skull that Rio is a moron
    only the other day i was reading an article of how he cheated on his gf with an Aussie model who said that Rio "had the stamina of a horse in bed" a few years back
    face it..he's a scumbag

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    "sure"
    get it through your thick headed skull that Rio is a moron
    only the other day i was reading an article of how he cheated on his gf with an Aussie model who said that Rio "had the stamina of a horse in bed" a few years back
    face it..he's a scumbag

i don´t belive thoose "models" they just taking thoose storys to make themselves a bit famous...
    and his gf is still with him so i don´t belive he cheating on her ...and she´s pregnant now he´s not a scumbag
    i don´t belive thoose "models" they just taking thoose storys to make themselves a bit famous...
    and his gf is still with him so i don´t belive he cheating on her ...and she´s pregnant now he´s not a scumbag
    he was dating a different girl back then
    but whatever...you can drown yourself in self denial...even when Rio admitted it himself

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    he was dating a different girl back then
    but whatever...you can drown yourself in self denial...even when Rio admitted it himself

he didn´t admitted as i remember the old storys somehow ...

by the way if i ever want to date a foothball player there is only one and that´s Anton really no doubt....
    he didn´t admitted as i remember the old storys somehow ...

by the way if i ever want to date a foothball player there is only one and that´s Anton really no doubt....
    so now the flavor of the month is Anton?
    who is next? Les Ferdinand? Wes Brown?

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    so now the flavor of the month is Anton?
    who is next? Les Ferdinand? Wes Brown?

no don´t get my wrong my flavor is still rio but no chance @all he´s gone since long and by the way i said if i ever but hey no foothball player would like to date me sweety i´m to ugly for such man/guys i think lol but there´s no question about such bec. ...ok let´s get back to foothball

anyways next saturday (11 february) i´m in the stadium hsv-vs mainz 05 so i see nikel de jong live -cool;)
    anyways next saturday (11 february) i´m in the stadium hsv-vs mainz 05 so i see nikel de jong live -cool;)
    thats cool..have fun

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    thats cool..have fun

yea i hope so !!But mainz 05 is a funny(the fan) and can be a strong (chalange??)
    hope hsv can win then and even i love to sing along ;)
    and scream etc.
    and drinking lots of beers and eating sausages.

but hey the coolest is de jong;)-wow i still can´t belive that hsv has got him!!!
    and i hope van de vart is ready to play again

than i would say
    6:0 HSV (but i will not bet on it)
  • i want to have the new erds mag

bec. Rio is on there but you can just get it @old trafford

Ruud reviews his Reds strike-partners
    2/2/06 1:03 PM

Strike Potential Excites Frontman Ruud

Ruud van Nistelrooy insists that United have the quality in attack to threaten Chelsea’s dominance at the top of the table - if not this season, then certainly next.

The Dutchman's double against Blackburn on Wednesday night took his tally for the season to 20 goals in all competitions. But as Ruud told United magazine, there are now at least two other players who can score goals galore and fire the Reds to renewed success.

"My partnership with Wayne Rooney can get even better," says Ruud. "We’ve worked on our link-up play in training a lot. The more we play together, the better it will get."

This can only spell more trouble for opposition teams - the Ruud & Rooney partnership has already yielded 29 goals this season. And then there's Louis Saha, who scored his ninth goal of an injury-hit campaign in the 4-3 defeat at Ewood Park.

"Louis had been so unlucky with injuries," says Ruud.

"It’s a shame because when he first came to the club we clicked straight away, but our partnership was completely different from all the others because of Louis's strength, pace and ability in the air."

Ruud discusses six goalscoring partnerships in his interview with United magazine and also talks about the potential of Giuseppe Rossi achieving great things for the club.

"From the first time I saw him, I always thought that Giuseppe would make it. He's instinctive, and I like that,” Ruud enthuses.

"He's only young, but I’d like to play alongside him one day, definitely.”

Also In This Month's Magazine

Rio Ferdinand: “It wasn’t nice being booed by your own fans, but I understand it. If I was a fan reading those things about a player – wanting more money – maybe I’d have booed.”

Rio talks contract extensions, scoring goals at Old Trafford and his love for the red shirt.

Phil Bardsley: “My gran has always wanted to see me walk out at Old Trafford for the first team, so I think there were one or two tears amongst my family in the stands that night.”

Phil on playing for his boyhood idols, the fans and future generations of local Reds.

Denis Law: “That 1960's team, if we could all keep our age, would still be a team of great players now – as would the 1948 FA Cup winners.”

MUTV’s interview with the Lawman, including his thoughts on Wayne Rooney, the current United team and George Best.

Plus: The X-Files: Uncovering the strangest tales in United’s history / Birth of an Empire: What happened when Sir Matt Busby joined United / Patrice Evra interview / Nemanja Vidic / The Gaffer on summer transfer targets / First team, reserves and academy coverage

Fans can now buy the matchday programme and the magazine at Old Trafford on matchdays for a special deal of £5.
  • african cup of nations

quarter finals :

Guinea Senegal
    Ägypt DR Kongo
    Nigeria Tunesia
    Camerun Cote d Ivoire
  • latest from :

CAMPBELL MAY QUIT FOOTBALL
    By John Cross

ARSENE WENGER last night had crisis talks with shattered Sol Campbell in an attempt to persuade him not to quit football for good.

The Arsenal boss gave Campbell a five-day break following his half-time humiliation during the defeat by West Ham and told him he can have more time off if he needs it.

Campbell left Highbury in despair at being substituted after 45 minutes as his disastrous season hit rock bottom and Wenger fears he is considering his future in the game.

The England centre-back, who signed a new two-year contract in March, has admitted he nearly walked out on football 18 months ago and his current dip in form and crisis of confidence has left him at an all-time low.

Wenger is deeply concerned about Campbell's state of mind after the latest setback which saw him showered, Wenger fears for fallen hero changed and sulkily exiting Highbury after being at fault for West Ham's opening two goals.

He did not report for training yesterday and will not be considered for the game at Birmingham tomorrow.

But he did talk to Wenger and the pair did not fall out, not even when the manager substituted him on Wednesday.

Campbell is believed to have gone into the dressing room at half-time, sat down and stared at the wall in despair.

His mistakes helped put Arsenal out of the Carling Cup and FA Cup as well as losing ground in the Premiership.

The Gunners also have been hit by an injury crisis in defence and are in danger of missing out on Champions League qualification.

Wenger called a players' meeting before the West Ham game, spoke of the importance of reaching Europe's elite club competition and questioned whether some of his men wanted it badly enough.

That made the defeat even more disastrous and left skipper Thierry Henry inconsolable as he stormed off the pitch at the final whistle and erupted in anger in the dressing room.

if he quits would be hard for asenal and england ???!!
  • Markus Neumayr was delighted to lead United to a convincing victory over Newcastle in his first game as Reserves skipper.

Previous captain David Fox left the club in the January transfer window, and German winger Neumayr validated Rene Meulensteen's decision to hand him the armband with an all-action display against the Magpies.

"I enjoyed it very much," he told MUTV. "It's a great responsibility wearing the captain's armband and it pushes you even more. It's a big responsibility and has a big influence on the team as well.

"The team played very well. In the second half we really got at them and got our rewards."

The Reds' 4-0 thumping of the Magpies was their fourth consecutive win and put them four points clear of Middlesbrough at the top of the FAPRL.

"We're in great form," said Neumayr. "I hope we keep it going for as long as we can, keep winning. Next week we've got a difficult game coming up against Aston Villa, but if we keep winning then we'll definitely win the league.

"Winning is a habit at Manchester United and you can only push on to the first team if you are winning things and that's what we're doing."

Neumayr came within inches of adding his name to the scoresheet against Newcastle, but he stresses that personal glory is secondary to the team's needs in his mind.

"I think it's not important who scores the goals really," he said. "One time I might set one up, the next time I might score - I don't think it's important, it's the team and the fact that we win that is important."

Report by Steve Bartram.
  • what ´s up:

Arsenal linked with summer move for Beckham
    16:58 February, 3, 2006
    Speculation in Spain suggests Arsenal Football Club will swoop for David Beckham in the summer.

Mail The FansFC Editor
    Send This Article To A Friend
    Post Your View on The Msg Board

The Gunners will be hoping Thierry Henry will lead them out in their new stadium next season, yet the inspirational Frenchman could be joined by the English skipper for the momentous occasion.

Although the former Manchester United ace is settled in Madrid and is one of the better Real performers, reports in Spain suggest he could be tempted by a return to England with the Londoners.

Indeed, Real president Florentino Perez has revealed there was interest in the midfielder from English clubs during the recent transfer market, although he resisted the idea of selling.

"He is a player that all English clubs are fighting to get,” Perez told the Real Madrid television station. "But he has offered us and will continue to offer us great football afternoons."

Arsene Wenger has been told he will have finances to boost his squad at the end of the season, and desperately in need of a midfielder, Beckham would be an ideal choice.
  • Manchester United squad: Van der Sar, Howard, Neville, Brown, Vidic, Silvestre, Evra, Park, Richardson, Smith, Fletcher, Ronaldo, Rooney, Van Nistelrooy, Giggs, Saha, Rossi, Pique.

Fulham squad: Niemi, Rosenior, Bocanegra, Knight, Bridge, Malbranque, Brown, Elliott, Boa Morte, McBride, Helguson, Warner, Radzinski, John, Goma, N Jensen

(maybe surprise:D)
  • and the other:

West Ham squad: Hislop, Scaloni, Ferdinand, Gabbidon, Konchesky, Benayoun, Newton, Mullins, Reo-Coker, Etherington, Harewood, Zamora, Ashton, Sheringham, Katan, Bywater, Dailly, Clarke, Fletcher.

Sunderland squad: Davis, Hoyte, Wright, McCartney, D Collins, Breen, Caldwell, Lawrence, Whitehead, Miller, Arca, Stead, Le Tallec, Kyle, Bassila, Alnwick, Nosworthy, Gray, D Murphy

(maybe surprise:D)
  • and hamburg (not forgetting lol):

Hamburger SV: 1 Wächter - 7 Mahdavikia, 21 Boulahrouz, 5 van Buyten, 6 Wicky - 28 de Jong - 14 Jarolim, 15 Trochowski, 10 Barbarez - 24 Ailton, 32 Takahara

Arminia Bielefeld: 1 Hain - 19 Korzynietz, 16 Westermann, 3 Borges, 8 Rau - 14 Küntzel, 13 Fink, 6 Dammeier, 11 D. Kobylik - 10 Vata, 9 Boakye

Schiedsrichter: Markus Schmidt (Stuttgart)
  • if that´s true i don´t feel sorry for sol:

y NICK PARKER
    SOCCER star Sol Campbell went missing yesterday — as it emerged Arsenal chiefs had NO IDEA where he was.

Amid rumours the giant defender may be in New York, worried pals blamed the walkout on his tangled love life.

One said last night: “Sol’s head is messed up by what’s happening in his personal life. He’s emotionally involved with three women and is struggling to cope.

“He’s in a bad way and has obviously decided to go off the radar while he straightens himself out.”

Sol, who dramatically walked out at half time during Arsenal’s home Premiership defeat by West Ham this week, has been thrown into chaos over his three relationships.

Karen Millen
    Secret fling ... Sol has been dating
    Karen Millen
    Picture: REX

The England ace, 31, has been secretly dating millionaire fashion queen Karen Millen since November. But pals say he’s still upset after his break-up with society designer Kelly Hoppen. And he is in further turmoil after renewing his involvement with Janet Tyler, mum of his lovechild.

Sol, who grew up in a family of 12 kids on a tough East London estate, met blonde Arsenal fan Karen at a fundraiser for the Frank Lampard Teenage Cancer Trust.

They exchanged numbers at the swish party where guests smooched on a frozen-lake dance floor and sipped drinks from a themed ice bar.

Karen, 44, and ex-husband and business partner Kevin Stanford recently sold their fashion chain business in a £120million deal.

The petite tycoon has three children from her marriage — Josh, 14, Jordan, 13, and seven-year-old Jake.

But she refused to discuss her relationship with Sol yesterday as she stepped from her £110,000 Bentley at her mansion in Wateringbury, Kent.

Insisting the footballer was not staying with her, she said: “Sol is not here. I don’t know where he is right now.” She refused to comment when asked if they were dating.

Yet a pal of Karen said last night: “It’s true she’s been seeing Sol, but I’ve no idea how serious it is.”

Kelly Hoppen
    High flier ... Kelly Hoppen
    Picture: GoffINF.com

Friends and family of the soccer star fear his head may have been turned by jetset pals he has mingled with since meeting Kelly in 2004.

Sol is said to have been devastated after their ten-month relationship ended and she declared her love for financier David Knight.

Kelly — 46-year-old ex-stepmother of actress Sienna Miller — later split with Knight and announced she was getting engaged to a mystery man.

Sol’s emotional anguish intensified last year when he admitted he was the father of a lovechild and began visiting tot Joseph, now 22 months.

Janet Tyler
    Love child ... Janet Tyler

He dated Joseph’s mum Janet, 34, for nearly two years but refused to accept the child was his until DNA tests confirmed it. He spent £680,000 on a house for Janet and the lad. They are on friendly terms and he is said to be a regular visitor to her home in Burnham Green, Bucks.

Some fear that Sol’s personal crisis may force him to quit football.

Another close pal of the star said: “Sol’s a great guy but he hasn’t been happy for a long time. It seems to have started soon after his dad died in 2003. He was acting strangely ahead of Euro 2004 — so much so Arsenal had to let him have time off to get his head sorted out.

“He seems to suffer periodic bouts of depression, but I’m not aware he’s ever had any proper treatment.
    well at least Sol's family knows where he is
    i would be worried if he doesnt return from his 5 day leave.
    gonna watch the Manure game now..hope it isnt a snoozefest.
    theres Cameroon vs Ivory Coast as well...was watching the Nigeria game..the penalty shoot out was shocking..noone wanted to take a sudden death kick for Nigeria!
    congrats to Shearer too..finally broke Milburn's record.

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    well at least Sol's family knows where he is
    i would be worried if he doesnt return from his 5 day leave.
    gonna watch the Manure game now..hope it isnt a snoozefest.
    theres Cameroon vs Ivory Coast as well...was watching the Nigeria game..the penalty shoot out was shocking..noone wanted to take a sudden death kick for Nigeria!
    congrats to Shearer too..finally broke Milburn's record.

yeap i didnt follow the african match but ok result ...hamburg won but played very poor2-1.West ham won too but no big deal vs sunderland;) .united is leading 1:0 !!!park!!!
  • how they play:
    9 E. van der Sar
    2 G. Neville
    6 W. Brown
    27 M. Silvestre
    3 P. Evra
    7 C. Ronaldo
    14 A. Smith
    13 J. Park
    23 K. Richardson
    9 L. Saha
    10 R. van Nistelrooy
    subs
    8 W. Rooney
    30 L. Steele
    24 D. Fletcher
    26 P. Bardsley
    0 N. Vidic

you are right with sol!!!
  • goal for manu cristiano ronaldo
    2:0 manu;)
  • ubs our deffence is sleeping 2:1 again

oh thanx saha 3:1 unbeliveable match!!!i´m hearing it !!
    great game so far..both sides are playing well..Manure better
    but Fulham were robbed..RVN was offside for the Saha goal..should be 2-1

YNWA