The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Regular in the Denmark team and regarded as one of the best young defenders in Europe..lol! wot i remember about him is Everton wanting him :)
    i hope hes a good replacement for Hyypia cos Sami's too old to play 2 games a week.
    I gotta say i friggin hate united boooooooo ..celtic mark 2!
    mon the Blackburn! :)
    Manure were like crap in the first half!
    Smith should have been sent off too...but they had a better second half.
    im glad goodiva watched the game..cos Rio had his usual game of blunders :D
    Rooney should be suspended for the Liverpool game too cos of his yellow card last night
    hopefully Evra will be a flop...cos i actually think hes a great player..but well..Manure can ruin good players..Veron etc..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    what game did you watch ...ok smithy wasn´t good .the match was cool !!!just a draw but hey on 25th it´s home and we just need a draw again and than we are in the cc final!!!:p
    My player of the match is rooney!!!Even he didn´t score but he played very well.he was everywhere...And he didn´t /don´t go overboard over anymore(that is now ronaldo´s part).well fergi made out of rooney now a real good player..
    and don´t sh...on my man ...he played good .
    the whole match fast and cool .It wasn´t bad@all!
    but hey this is english foothball and you´ve to say/talk sh...about united couse you are a liverpool fan ...:p
    hahaha Manure din win! haha
    well as i predicted :D

but yeh..it was a good game...but if you din think Manure were crap in the first half then yer biased.
    within the 45th second of the game..Savage got a shot on target..that says alot!
    Pedersen's goal too...Rio was outjumped by a shorter player for the goal...so yes..i know what i was watching and all this are unbiased comments despite being a Liverpool fan.
    but yes..its always nice to diss Manure..even better when they give us Kopites more reasons to :)
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    Agger has finally signed! woo!
    he will be wearing number 5..looks a great signing
    now all we need is a right winger and maybe another forward.

vote for yer UEFA team of the year here too
    http://www.uefa.com/fanzone/teamoftheyear/2005/flash.html
    4 Liverpool players in the running
    Jan Kromkamp - Right Back
    Jamie Carragher - Centre Back
    Steven Gerrard - Central Midfield
    Luis Garcia - Right Midfield
    and Rafa Benitez for best Manager

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    hahaha Manure din win! haha
    well as i predicted :D

but yeh..it was a good game...but if you din think Manure were crap in the first half then yer biased.
    within the 45th second of the game..Savage got a shot on target..that says alot!
    Pedersen's goal too...Rio was outjumped by a shorter player for the goal...so yes..i know what i was watching and all this are unbiased comments despite being a Liverpool fan.
    but yes..its always nice to diss Manure..even better when they give us Kopites more reasons to :)

mmhhhhhhhh tja both half they played good ........and i know what i am watching as a united fan....in the end there will be no reason:p

that minute was too creappy but hey i´m not afraid for the match in old trefford
    Reserves: United 5 Leeds 1
    12/1/06 9:34 PM

Ole Scores In Reserves Romp

FA Premier Reserve League
    Manchester United 5
    Leeds United 1
    Ewen Fields, Hyde

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer scored his first goal since returning from injury as the Reserves hammered sorry Leeds at Ewen Fields.

The Norwegian striker scored the fourth goal and completed 90 minutes as he continued his return to match sharpness in a one-sided victory for Rene Meulensteen's side.

The Dutch coach had promised January changes before the transfer window opened, and a glance at the starting XI served only to confirm his tip.

With striker Phil Marsh lining up at full-back alongside Academy defender Kieran Lee and first-team squad members Phil Bardsley and Gerard Pique, the defence certainly bore an unfamiliar appearance.

Fraizer Campbell also found himself making a rare start after Sylvan Ebanks-Blake's loan move to Antwerp, but his performance indicated that many more starts will be coming his way.

Giuseppe Rossi opened the scoring early on with a low, curling free-kick into Ian Bennett's bottom corner, and Campbell notched his first Reserves goal soon afterwards.

Working his way in from the right-hand side, the pacy forward dragged the ball onto his left foot before firing past the helpless Bennett to double United's advantage.

Less than 30 seconds after the interval he grabbed his second. Neumayr's superb drilled crossfield ball found Rossi, who nodded the ball down for Campbell to coolly flick the ball past the onrushing goalkeeper.

Leeds briefly rallied and pulled a goal back through Gavin Rotherick's thumping strike, but United were never in danger of surrendering their advantage.

Seven minutes from time came the moment Solskjaer had been working towards for the best part of two years.

Neumayr's corner was deflected on by Campbell and the Norwegian striker controlled the ball neatly on his chest before drilling it into the roof of the net to spark mass celebration around Ewen Fields.

In injury time Rossi notched his second of the night, converting a penalty after substitute Sean Evans had been felled inside the area.

Another bright spot was the return of Mark Howard as a second-half substitute, having recovered from cruciate knee ligament damage.

The result leaves Meulensteen's side one point behind Middlesbrough at the top of the table with two games in hand.

United: T Lee, Marsh, K Lee, Bardsley (Howard, 46), Piqué, Fox, Neumayr, Solskjaer, Campbell (S.Evans, 87), Rossi, Cooper.
    Substitutes: Heaton, Moran, Puustinen.
    mmhhhhhhhh tja both half they played good ........and i know what i am watching as a united fan....in the end there will be no reason:p

that minute was too creappy but hey i´m not afraid for the match in old trefford
    Blackburn beat Manure at Old TRAfford this season once..they can do it again.

YNWA
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Luis Garcia - Right Midfield
    Hahahahahaha
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
    Hinny wrote:
    Hahahahahaha
    yeh as funny as it sounds...he was one of the Champion's League's top scorers
    so for a makeshift right winger..thats a bloody good job he's done for a debut season.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Blackburn beat Manure at Old TRAfford this season once..they can do it again.

i know that they beat them once but twice no chance @all!!!
    and by the way rooney ain´t out @the liverpool match i think out of the burton match as i understood right...
    and evra ain´t a flop !!!
    and we will win@old trafford!!!!
    and by the way rooney ain´t out @the liverpool match i think out of the burton match as i understood right...
    and evra ain´t a flop !!!
    oh yes you're right...i forgot the Burton game is before the Liverpool game.
    my bad...i dont really think aboot replays as my team doesnt need to play in FA Cup replays with conference sides :)

who said Evra is a flop?
    i think he's a world class player...i just hope he will be a flop...isnt one yet

some bad news...

Arsenal have reportedly won the race to land Southampton starlet Theo Walcott :(
    ah well they will still suck..

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    oh yes you're right...i forgot the Burton game is before the Liverpool game.
    my bad...i dont really think aboot replays as my team doesnt need to play in FA Cup replays with conference sides :)

who said Evra is a flop?
    i think he's a world class player...i just hope he will be a flop...isnt one yet

some bad news...

Arsenal have reportedly won the race to land Southampton starlet Theo Walcott :(
    ah well they will still suck..
    sh up;) but it´s ok ...we are the better team either:)
    he wwon´t flop he is one´s hope:) for us!!!
    hmm just read aboot Liverpool being interested in Defoe...would be an excellent transfer or what!

YNWA
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    hmm just read aboot Liverpool being interested in Defoe...would be an excellent transfer or what!

Heard Arsenal want him badly..upsets Spurs an all into the bargain lol but yeh good signing id say
    Heard Arsenal want him badly..upsets Spurs an all into the bargain lol but yeh good signing id say
    ARSE-anal are gonna sign Theo Walcott so im sure that will make their interest for Defoe die down abit.
    i would love to see Defoe in a red shirt..Crouch and him would make a very good partnership.
    Sperms can suck my ass...they have so many quality players though...wonder where they get the money from.....

YNWA
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    ARSE-anal are gonna sign Theo Walcott so im sure that will make their interest for Defoe die down abit.
    i would love to see Defoe in a red shirt..Crouch and him would make a very good partnership.
    Sperms can suck my ass...they have so many quality players though...wonder where they get the money from.....

oh yea he's defo a class player..as for where they get their money from - Joe Lewis..he's the 2nd highest shareholder who pumped all the money in, he is a scot i'm sure he was born here but move to the U.S where he made his money..and funny you should say that cos whispers here are it's him connected with Gers but i dunno alot of stuff being said right now so i guess we will soon find out
    oh yea he's defo a class player..as for where they get their money from - Joe Lewis..he's the 2nd highest shareholder who pumped all the money in, he is a scot i'm sure he was born here but move to the U.S where he made his money..and funny you should say that cos whispers here are it's him connected with Gers but i dunno alot of stuff being said right now so i guess we will soon find out
    ah yeh....think you told me this before lol

YNWA
    Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has been named Manager of the Month for December.

It is the second successive month that Benitez has won the prize.

Liverpool enjoyed a fine month in December maintaining a 100 percent record to extend their winning Premiership run to 10 matches.

The European champions recorded victories against Wigan, Middlesbrough, Newcastle, Everton and West Brom in December.

The Reds currently sit in third spot in the table and they will hope to maintain their good run of form against Tottenham this weekend.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:

that wouldn´t be good
    we ain´t finish yet
    maybe we get another player
    :):):):):):)

News / Football News

Search for

Choose Category

Go
    Advanced Search

Click here!
    Click here!

Evra itching for derby debut
    13/1/06 2:01 PM

Evra Hoping For Derby Debut

Patrice Evra is itching to make his debut against Manchester City this weekend, but admits he is not banking on strolling straight into Sir Alex Ferguson's starting XI.

Should the Frenchman line up at Eastlands, however, he has more than enough experience of fierce derbies from his time with Monaco to prepare him for Saturday's clash.

Speaking exclusively to ManUtd.com, through an interpreter, Patrice said: "I don't know if I'm going to be playing yet but certainly I'm hungry and I'm really, really dying to wear the shirt and get out there and make my debut.

"I don't know if this derby is going to be different or not, but sure I've played a few derbies before. The main thing for me is playing a game and if it's a derby I won't let that enter my head."

"I'm really, really dying to wear the shirt and get out there and make my debut."
    Patrice Evra on his impending debut
    Patrice revealed, however, that he has some colourful memories from ill-tempered clashes in France, particularly against his former side Nice.

"Nice was my old club," he recalled. "So when Monaco played Nice the fans didn't care about any of the other players, they just gave me stick the entire game - whistled, booed, jeered - and all the other players got off scot free but I was just getting it in the neck all the way through.

"Marseille was a lively atmosphere as well, but the whole team was getting stick there so it was ok. To compare derbies will be difficult until I've actually played one."

Despite having only been at the club for a short space of time, Evra has already been impressed by the welcoming atmosphere at Carrington and the standard of training in Sir Alex Ferguson's squad.

"I strive for a balance between the two - get forward, but at the same time be tight at the back."
    Patrice Evra on his approach
    "Training has gone well, I've really enjoyed my sessions a lot," he said. "I think in France when we had a break over the Christmas period, I was concentrating a lot on the physical side of the game.

"What has impressed me about training here is that we do lots and lots with the ball and are less physical. We do lots of specific small game situations, we might concentrate on specific skills and we've been working on crosses too. It's been very entertaining and I've enjoyed them a lot."

Sir Alex has admitted that Evra provides a more attacking alternative to Gabriel Heinze at left-back, but the Frenchman feels the important thing is to strike a balance between defence and attack.

He said: "I like to tackle and get stuck in. I think I have an explosive style of play and my speed stands out. I like to get forward and maybe get in situations where I can take on a man or play one-twos with midfielders.

"But I think the important thing is to search for the perfect balance. I'm not saying go out and attack, neglecting all your defensive duties, but certainly I strive for a balance between the two - get forward, but at the same time be tight at the back."

Interview by Steve Bartram.

:):):):):):)
    Ferguson Warns Of City Threat

Sir Alex Ferguson has warned that United need to prove their mettle against local rivals City in this weekend's Manchester derby.

United go into the game aiming to strengthen their hold on second place in the Premiership, with runaway leaders Chelsea all but over the horizon, but Sir Alex is aware that City will do all they can to damage that ambition.

"Derby games are derby games," said Fergie at his pre-match press conference.

Watch Fergie's Press Conference Now
    MU.tv shows Sir Alex Ferguson's Friday press briefing before anyone else. To see it, click here & login to MU.tv Channel 1. Annual subscriptions to MU.tv now cost just £25 - that's less than 7p per day!
    Login to MU.tv / subscribe
    "Over the years we've had to face City who have always got something to prove. That's the danger of it, and that's why you've got to be 100 per cent. Your commitment and your focus has to be really good.

"The last couple of games at home we've dominated and missed chances and ended up with a point, so that tells you everything about a derby game. There are no laws to it, you've just got to make sure your players are ready for it. Hopefully we are."

Sir Alex also accepted that United fans across Manchester will be praying for a win to avoid an ear-bashing from their counterparts until the next meeting.

"I'm sure they'll not need reminding it's a derby game tomorrow," he said. "The fans are in the same boat as ourselves. We want to win derbies and there's a lot riding on them.

"That's the life of supporters - they go into work on Monday and they're hoping they can brag until the next derby game comes around. That's the nature of it and I'm sure they're well aware of it themselves."

United make their third visit to the City of Manchester Stadium, and Sir Alex admits the atmosphere there fails to reprise the intimidatory factor that City enjoyed at Maine Road.

He said: "Maine Road had a better atmosphere, it's closer to the ground and that probably helped in that respect. At Eastlands it's built back a bit.

"You get a lot of stadiums like that, in Italy for instance, and it's not got the same kind of atmosphere as going somewhere like Borussia Dortmund where the fans are right on the touchline, or Old Trafford, Highbury, Anfield or places like that."

United go into the game bolstered by the recruitment of Nemanja Vidic and Patrice Evra, and Sir Alex admits he needs to decide whether the pair should be thrown in at the Premiership deep end.

"We don't have any injury problems for tomorrow, everyone's fit from the squad that played on Wednesday," he said.

"Obviously there are the two new boys added to the squad and I've a decision to make whether two should be involved or just the one. They've both trained very well, I'm quite happy about that part. We've a big squad travelling so there's plenty of options."
    13:45 Not Started Yet
    Manchester City - Man United »

16:00 Not Started Yet
    Arsenal - Middlesbrough »

Aston Villa - West Ham »

Charlton Athletic - Birmingham City »

Fulham - Newcastle United »

Liverpool - Tottenham Hotspur »

Portsmouth - Everton »

18:15 Not Started Yet
    Blackburn Rovers - Bolton Wanderers »

go tottenham:p win!!!!
    go tottenham:p win!!!!
    sure..isnt that original..:rolleyes: but hey at least this time you got something spelt right ;)

gonna be a tough game..but well...we need to win these sorta matches to stay where we are or improve.
    very tough fixture list for us til Feb 5th.
    COME ON YOU REDS!

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    sure..isnt that original..:rolleyes: but hey at least this time you got something spelt right ;)

gonna be a tough game..but well...we need to win these sorta matches to stay where we are or improve.
    very tough fixture list for us til Feb 5th.
    COME ON YOU REDS!

mhhhhhhhhh
    i´m getting better right!?
    we need to win too !!
    same here;)
    come on red devils:)
    i can hear it but difficult sometimes to understand:D

i love it ;)
    somebody was sleeping but our van de saar rescue us!!!
    i don´t wanna say something city is leeding :(:(:(

it isn´t united match:(:(:(:(

fergi has to work on the half really

my babe was laughing about me couse of my reactions :(:(:(:(:(

a and rooney got a yellow card:(:(:(
    oh it´s so sh.... bec. if we drop points and liverpool not hey i don´t need to say something ....so it´s for now just good for the blues:(:(:(
    smith is coming in ...
    and on the 21 st we all know what will be if we loose this match:(:(:(:(
    evra is out if i understand this right ...