The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    next season might be a possibility if they sign the right players during the summer.
    but for this season..its Barcelona all the way.
    even if the sign new right players the train is gone so it ´s barca as you say
    and even next season they are strong
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    even if the sign new right players the train is gone so it ´s barca as you say
    and even next season they are strong
    whats your obsession with trains?! word of the day or something?!

in soccer i don't believe a team's "train can go"
    it will definitely return if Real sign the players they need for weaker positions rather than buying players who can only sell shirts and merchandise
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    AxlUlrich wrote:

HAHAHA! quality :D
    of course..was from you afterall ;)
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    whats your obsession with trains?! word of the day or something?!

in soccer i don't believe a team's "train can go"
    it will definitely return if Real sign the players they need for weaker positions rather than buying players who can only sell shirts and merchandise

well in germany you say !der Zug ist abgefahren"-no chance anymore
    zug-train!!!;)

ok maybe wrong...haha

no quality @all:p
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    no quality @all:p
    C'mon, admit it, you laughed, and then you laughed some more.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
    Hinny wrote:
    C'mon, admit it, you laughed, and then you laughed some more.

is not funny but i can smirk about it couse it´s a joke come on

by the way want somebody work for me
    i ´ve to go now to work:(:(:(

but i just feel to sleep;)
  • 'mon the aberdeen. "you are a weegie, a fuckin weegie! You're only happy on giro day! Your maw's a stealer, your da's a dealer! Please dont take my hub caps away!" Fuckin weegie scum...hahaha im a weegie aberdeen fan!
    scottish by birth, british by law and 'weegie by the grace of god...!!!!! FUCK THE QUEEN!!!
  • how fuckin lucky are liverpool fc. Luton Town for the premiership title in three years time i say! Up the Everton! Mon the scottish connection!
    scottish by birth, british by law and 'weegie by the grace of god...!!!!! FUCK THE QUEEN!!!
    darn we got Pompey away for the 4th round of the FA Cup

YNWA
  • Aberdeen got fuckin Hearts away. cunt we're going out
    Gers have Hibs at home tricky game an all
  • aye but you've got the gers legend that is Kris Boyd ;) Anyway the dons have the Hibees easter road on saturday and im probably being very foolish by travelling through to it. although even if we lose the travelling support is so good and loud its always fun. we outsing you huns at ibrox 1000to 49000! x x x
    Glaswegian wrote:
    aye but you've got the gers legend that is Kris Boyd ;) Anyway the dons have the Hibees easter road on saturday and im probably being very foolish by travelling through to it. although even if we lose the travelling support is so good and loud its always fun. we outsing you huns at ibrox 1000to 49000! x x x

hah! thanks for mentioning Boydy :D Roy who? haha thats wot you call a debut..scoring a hat trick..ok it was against Peterhead but thats 20 odd goals in half a season, he's always in the right place..as for outsinging us?? hahahah however u's are always extra noisey at Ibrox..then go lie down for celtic - usual :D
    Steve Staunton is being strongly tipped to be named Republic of Ireland's new manager this week.

The former Liverpool and Aston Villa star, who is currently assistant manager at Walsall, is keen to get into management and applied for the post vacated by Brian Kerr.

Kerr was relieved of his position in October following his failure to guide Ireland to this year's World Cup finals.

A number of top candidates including Terry Venables, Sir Bobby Robson and Martin O'Neill have all been linked with the role, but it appears that Staunton has impressed Football Association of Ireland officials after holding talks.

Reports suggest The FAI held talks with Walsall manager Paul Merson over the weekend to discuss Staunton's future.

Staunton, who is his country's most capped player with 102 caps, lacks managerial experience but it is thought The FAI are keen to have a former player in charge of the national side.

It has also been suggested that an experienced manager such as Robson could help Staunton in the role.

The FAI are hoping to make an announcement on a new manager before the friendly with Sweden on March 1

YNWA
    idic: I'm Confident English Football Will Suit Me

Nemanja Vidic is relishing the prospect of his first run-out in a red shirt after he was unveiled to the world's media on Monday morning.

Vidic posed with his new number 15 shirt before answering questions via an interpreter. He did, however, reveal a reasonable understanding of English despite having not mastered his responses just yet.

The Serbia and Montenegro star is set to make his first appearance in front of the Old Trafford faithful in the FA Cup third round replay with Burton Albion on Wednesday week.

Having experienced Old Trafford as a spectator in the past, Vidic, who is currently undergoing an intense fitness programme, admits he can't wait to step out onto the home turf as a United player and is confident the English style of play will suit his game.

"I'm thrilled to be here and I think English football will really suit me."
    Nemanja Vidic
    "United are one of most famous teams you could imagine and I'm thrilled to be here," insisted Vidic. "It's every player's dream to be at United so I'm absolutely delighted to be part of the set-up.

"I've been to Old Trafford in the past and followed United on the television - they are one of the biggest teams you could imagine.

"I'm hoping to play next week," he added. "I'm looking forward to stepping out onto the field.

"I think English football will really suit me and I'm confident I'll adapt very quickly."

Vidic also took time to praise his new team-mates who he says have made him feel at home in Manchester.

"My team-mates are all very friendly and made me feel very welcome," he said simply.

Vidic sat alongside his new manager Sir Alex Ferguson at the press conference and Fergie was clearly delighted to have got his man.

"When we realised Fiorentina were involved, we knew we had to move quickly. We're delighted to have Nemanja here."
    Sir Alex Ferguson
    The United boss said the club have been tracking the 24-year-old defender for some time and revealed how United stepped up their efforts to sign Vidic after Fiorentina entered the fray.

"There was a period when a lot of negoiations had to be done because there were other clubs interested," explained Fergie, who highlighted Vidic's pace and passing as two of his strongest assets.

"When we realised Fiorentina were involved, we knew we had to move quickly and we started to put things in motion around the beginning of December.

"The difficult thing about making your move in these situations is if you go too early before the January window you can alert other clubs.

"There's a timing aspect involved. Fortunately we were able to resolve things and we're delighted to have him here."
    damn i don´t have the new united mag again rio is in their too damn i want to have it
  • olderman wrote:
    Real Madrid Rules!

No, not anymore.

Barcelona that's a great team, i really want to see the match against Chelsea in the UEFA Champions league.
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • I am so tired of the media trying to make names for themselves by going on smear campaigns against BECKHAM.These pretentious little fucks who for the most part have never played the game love marginalizing what he does on the pitch out of jelousy and attention.Real Madrid have a team of extremely talented but lazy players and none of which have the last name beckham.......I love his game because he is always the most selfless player on the pitch and also the smartest player on the pitch......disribution of the ball and ability to settle down the game when it starts getting out with sporatic play....he runs down everybody he can (providing not injured) and is bar none the best player in the world on free kicks....
    If u want to learn how the game is played ..watch beckham

I only wish he left his La Liga lazy fuckers and went back to england
    No, not anymore.

Barcelona that's a great team, i really want to see the match against Chelsea in the UEFA Champions league.

barca ok but not chelsea

but i shouldn´t care :(:(:(

around when is the final again?
    about becks since he joined madrid he hasn´t that magic on the pitch as before
    forget him ok if he playes for england i hope he´s not shooting penality ´s
    bec. than england goes home very early sorry ...
    and is bar none the best player in the world on free kicks....
    Juninho Pernambucano, Olympique Lyon. Then I'd have Sinisa Mihaijlovic of Inter ahead of Becks.
    about becks since he joined madrid he hasn´t that magic on the pitch as before
    forget him ok if he playes for england i hope he´s not shooting penality ´s
    bec. than england goes home very early sorry ...
    Heh, doesn't matter who takes them for England. Put England in a shootout, and they'll somehow find a way to lose.
    Hinny wrote:
    Heh, doesn't matter who takes them for England. Put England in a shootout, and they'll somehow find a way to lose.

ssssssssssss

my dream final for 2006 world cup would be like 1966

germany vs england

wow that would be cool

20 years after

p.s. i don´t know how they (my country and england )will do it
    really no clue but it has to be!!!!
  • speaking of Beckham, as you said above he hasn't had that magic since he left Manchester but still he's one of the best "english" players of this time, the problem with him is that some media would put him like he's one of the top 5 in the world or something like that which is not true. In my opinion Gerrard and Lampard are far better players than him.
    speaking as a child of the 90's
    powertool wrote:
    speaking of Beckham, as you said above he hasn't had that magic since he left Manchester but still he's one of the best "english" players of this time, the problem with him is that some media would put him like he's one of the top 5 in the world or something like that which is not true. In my opinion Gerrard and Lampard are far better players than him.

that´s what i meant ..he´s still good but not like back in days ....
    he should go back to pl bec. there he goes back to his roots !!!!