The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    chelsea won 16 points leading :(:(:(:(
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    oh Sven has done it again ahahhahahahahhahahahhah
    this new Sven saga has to be my fave thus far!
    hahah i like how Sven said Owen is unhappy at Newcastle and how Rio Ferdinand sucks..ahaaha...
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    oh Sven has done it again ahahhahahahahhahahahhah
    this new Sven saga has to be my fave thus far!
    hahah i like how Sven said Owen is unhappy at Newcastle and how Rio Ferdinand sucks..ahaaha...

:p:p
    i will punish him :D and well i will never ever like him bec. rio doesn´t suck!!!_NEVER
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Robben got a second yellow card too for over celebrating hahaahahah
    Can't see this stupid rule lasting for too much longer.

Of course Owen would be unhappy. Doesn't matter how many he scores as long as Newcastle has a defensive pairing of Bramble and Boumsong. Just as well Scott Parker has done a good job in shielding these two jokers.

As for Rio never sucking... gotta be kidding me. You must be stuck watching his old performances from before his drug suspension. At best he'd be number 5 on the pecking order, after Carra, Terry, King, and Campbell. Sure he's best of the 5 in bringing the ball up from defence, but his positional play stinks. He's paired up with a turnstile of a defender in Silvestre, and he still doesn't look all that much better than that joke of a partner.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
    Hinny wrote:
    Of course Owen would be unhappy. Doesn't matter how many he scores as long as Newcastle has a defensive pairing of Bramble and Boumsong. Just as well Phil Neville and Scott Parker have done a good job in shielding these two jokers.
    Phil Neville doesnt play for Newcastle man...
    Hinny wrote:
    As for Rio never sucking... gotta be kidding me. You must be stuck watching his old performances from before his drug suspension. At best he'd be number 5 on the pecking order, after Carra, Terry, King, and Campbell. Sure he's best of the 5 in bringing the ball up from defence, but his positional play stinks. He's paired up with a turnstile of a defender in Silvestre, and he still doesn't look all that much better than that joke of a partner.
    King is definitely better with bringing the ball up and even moving up to midfield.
    Carra...his long balls up are superb and accurate..
    Terry and Campbell...they get you goals and actually does something Rio doesnt do...DEFEND
    you should have watched Manure's last 2 games with Blackburn and Man City then tell me if Rio is still good.
    Silvestre is a bigger joke though..haha..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA

no i don´t kidd you!!!!and i´m not stucked !
    of course i remember all his performens even back in the days and i don´t agree with you..in some matches he didn´t play well but than he did so what do you want ...and his posiitional play stinks ..no !!!

they gets you goals and actually does something Rio doesnt do...DEFEND
    you should have watched Manure's last 2 games with Blackburn and Man City then tell me if Rio is still good.

i´ve watched blackburn ! ok not city ...rio is good ...

i´ve watched blackburn ! ok not city ...rio is good ...
    maybe he wasnt bad vs City..but come on..admit it he was bad vs Blackburn.
    he used to be the best defender in England without any doubts
    i cant remember Rio having a bad game in the old days.
    even when he scored an own goal for Leeds against Liverpool..he still played very well.
    no idea what's gone wrong with the guy...he can be better.

YNWA
  • woo hoo
    Harry Kewell scored for Liverpool over the weekend!
    Wave came crashing...
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    maybe he wasnt bad vs City..but come on..admit it he was bad vs Blackburn.
    he used to be the best defender in England without any doubts
    i cant remember Rio having a bad game in the old days.
    even when he scored an own goal for Leeds against Liverpool..he still played very well.
    no idea what's gone wrong with the guy...he can be better.

everybody can some days play better or have to ...
    i don´t do you that favor
    it wasn´t his bad performens in some ways...

by the way i think england will go far in the world cup (with rio) and off course must be-Rooney ...
    woo hoo
    Harry Kewell scored for Liverpool over the weekend!
    so fucking happy hahaha...once the final whistle was blown i came here to boast aboot it ahah!

HARRY..HARRY KEWELL!
    HARRY..HARRY KEWELL!

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    so fucking happy hahaha...once the final whistle was blown i came here to boast aboot it ahah!

HARRY..HARRY KEWELL!
    HARRY..HARRY KEWELL!

I take it Harry is well and truly back in the good books with the liverpool fans?
    Wave came crashing...
    I take it Harry is well and truly back in the good books with the liverpool fans?
    he's always been in my good books..as for the others..i sure hope he is cos i hate to see the fans diss him
    im just glad he is starting to prove them and the critics wrong..hopefully this is just the beginning of the revival of Harry Kewell!

YNWA
    16 January 2006
    PHONEY SVEN
    Embarrassed England boss has to call stars to say sorry
    By Andy Lines, Martin Lipton And Nick Sommerlad

SVEN Goran Eriksson yesterday made grovelling phone calls to all the England players he criticized in a bid to fend off a team revolt.

The England boss was forced into the humiliating series of apologies after being caught out in a "fake sheik" sting.

He was taped saying he could quit after the World Cup and asking for £5million to become Aston Villa manager.

But though he insisted last night his relationship with David Beckham, Rio Ferdinand, Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney was fine, some think he could be fired after the tournament - without a £9million compensation payment.

In a hotel in Dubai, Eriksson told an undercover reporter posing as a rich Arab businessman that Ferdinand was "lazy".

He described Rooney as coming from a "very rough" background.

Advertisement
    Falk AdSolution

He claimed if he landed the Villa job he could get Beckham to sign.

And he revealed that Owen was "not really" happy at Newcastle.

Eriksson said: "I have spoken with the players concerned and am very pleased with their reaction... I am confident my relationship with them has not been damaged in any way."

He added: "I would like to assure everyone, especially the fans, I'm 100 per cent committed to the England job and have told the FA this."

The FA have publicly backed Eriksson and he will stay in charge until after the World Cup. But insiders are adamant that, when Germany is over, so is he - and without a penny.

The Swede would still have two years left on his £4.5 million-a-year contract.

His detractors, though, say they now have proof Eriksson wants to leave and so does not merit compensation.

One FA source said last night: "This is the final insult. We know it's far too close to the World Cup to change now.

"The fans and players wouldn't accept it ahead of our best chance of winning a major trophy for years. But the mood about Eriksson has changed completely. When it comes to a payoff, we shouldn't give him anything."

Eriksson's latest PR disaster happened last week at the Burj al Arab hotel. Over £450 bottles of vintage wine, he told the "sheik" he would quit his post if England won the World Cup.

Sven urged him to buy Villa and then consider hiring him at £5million a year - after tax - plus bonuses. Then he made his remarks about the players.

Eriksson said of his skipper Beckham: "I know for sure he wants to come back to England. If it's a London club, he will come tomorrow ... it's up to me to convince him Birmingham is the right place to be."

But last night Beckham denied being unhappy in Spain. His spokesman said: "David wants to stay and win things. He's just bought a house in Madrid and is firmly committed."

Sven also said Owen hinted he was only at Newcastle for the money and otherwise "would not have gone there".

He said Rooney had a temper from coming from "a very poor family ... very rough" and could have been a boxer like his father.

Eriksson called Rio Ferdinand "lazy sometimes" and said his West Ham-based brother Anton "might be even better ... now that's one you could buy for Aston Villa". He also said Chelsea had paid an "exaggerated" amount for Shaun Wright-Phillips and that Welsh star Ryan Giggs would really have preferred to have played for England.

Last night, Eriksson's agent Athol Still described the story as "disgraceful entrapment" and insisted there were never any negotiations about a new job.

He added: "Sven is really angry."
    In a hotel in Dubai, Eriksson told an undercover reporter posing as a rich Arab businessman that Ferdinand was "lazy".Eriksson called Rio Ferdinand "lazy sometimes" and said his West Ham-based brother Anton "might be even better ... now that's one you could buy for Aston Villa".
    LOL!
    And he revealed that Owen was "not really" happy at Newcastle.Sven also said Owen hinted he was only at Newcastle for the money and otherwise "would not have gone there".
    LOL! AND LOL!
    this is still funny after reading it for the 3rd time haha

YNWA
    i don´t say it´s funny not @all
    but it seems it´s his style to keep players angry ...so they play good ...i don´t know what´s this guy wanna do with this or ....
    true or rummer ???
    Aston villa are intrested to get anton ferdinand ...but i don´t think west ham let him go...
    i don´t say it´s funny not @all
    but it seems it´s his style to keep players angry ...so they play good ...i don´t know what´s this guy wanna do with this or ....
    it's hilarious!
    it is NOT his style to anger players to motivate him..he was caught dishing out rubbish!

YNWA
    it seems it´s a fight between the english press and him but i´ve no idear if i´m right with that ...
    and it´s not good for the team i think ....
    it seems it´s a fight between the english press and him but i´ve no idear if i´m right with that ...
    thats because Sven has made himself an easy victim to everyone with his stupid comments and controversy.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    thats because Sven has made himself an easy victim to everyone with his stupid comments and controversy.

......... i don´t know what to say but stay on that (my eyes)
    David Gill says United expect to make 'one or two very big signings in the summer,' but the chief executive has ruled out an immediate move for Real Madrid's Thomas Gravesen.

Gill also insisted that the club have not yet reached their limit for this year's transfer budget and told fans to expect the arrival of a couple of big name midfielders ahead of next season.

"We've not spent all of this year's transfer budget, but we are not interested in Gravesen," declared Gill in Sunday's papers.

"Maybe people did not think we had money after the takeover but perceptions are often not the same as reality. We will see what happens this summer, but there's cash to spend.

"Although we have [Nemanja] Vidic and [Patrice] Evra now, as Alex says, it is clear we need to strengthen in midfield and buy a very big player - the fans want that and we aim to do it.

"But to identify that player is not easy and then to attract that player is again not easy. However, the strength of the club means we are very confident of being able to recruit the very best.

"There's cash to spend and we will be making one or two very big signings in the summer."
    David Gill
    "We will be making one or two very big signings in the summer, but the players we want are playing in the Champions League, so we will have to wait."

Gill also stated that the Glazer family will continue to back Sir Alex Ferguson in the transfer market.

"You don't spend the type of money we have on two new players when you are not supporting your manager," he explained.

"They have said all along there would be money for players and have demonstrated that with these signings.

"Everyone associated with the club understands that success on the pitch drives everything so we have to buy new players to continue moving forward.

"The Glazer family are very interested and supportive of what we are doing."
    n response, the tabloids have linked United with a swoop for two young Brits, Steven Davis of Aston Villa and Colchester's Greg Halford
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Scousers refuse to read The Sun, LG.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
    i know but sometimes it´s intresting about sh...
  • Hinny wrote:
    Scousers refuse to read The Sun, LG.

and for very good reason,its a shit newspaper and it prints lies and propaganda...................anyone who reads it should have a serious word with themselves,unless they think its a comic book and then they still need to have a word.............

ooohhhh,touched a nerve there!!!!!!
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • and here is a msg for ladygooddiva-there's only one robbie fowler,one robbie fowler!!!!
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
    and here is a msg for ladygooddiva-there's only one robbie fowler,one robbie fowler!!!!

sweety-who robbie???:p:p

btw. i have a cool video for you guys but i don´t know how to bring this file on here...:D
    nited contest Ronaldo red

Manchester United have put in a claim for wrongful dismissal to the Football Association following Cristiano Ronaldo's red card in the Manchester derby.

The Portuguese winger was sent off on Saturday for a lunge at City striker Andy Cole when United were trailing 2-0.

Referee Steve Bennett showed him a straight red card and the Red Devils went on to lose 3-1 at Eastlands.

The FA will hear the appeal at an FA disciplinary commission on Tuesday.

Ronaldo's challenge came seconds after he was the victim of a late tackle by City full-back Stephen Jordan which went unpunished.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson had a furious altercation with Bennett at half-time making it clear he was unhappy with several decisions the Kent official had made.

Ferguson was particularly annoyed by another Jordan tackle, this time on Wayne Rooney, which saw the City man rake his studs down the striker's shin but escape punishment.

The Scot might well face disciplinary action himself after he directed harsh words at Bennett.