The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Well my mum would be happy with getting Beckham. I seriously doubt we have any chance.

We havent won a league match at anfield in years, and the last times we have won there was a CC match and when we were a lower league side in 91 in the FA cup. Maybe our scouse captain will have a good game, he does like going home. I imagine we'll play well and get battered anyway. Usual Anfield visit.

In the window we really need fullbacks and a creative mid. With our front 3 we dont actually need a striker for once.
    i remember that last defeat...was a penalty i think? 3-2 or something
    Nolan always lifts his game up against Liverpool..i remember he scored an equaliser once too and after that there was so much talk of him coming to Anfield.
    am glad he never joined Liverpool cos he might have been wasted on the bench.
    don't think Bolton will get battered..either a low scoring draw or 1-0

yeh Bolton do need full backs...O Brien's gonna miss the season or something i read.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Correct on all counts, scores and O'brien. He's actually a midfielder anyways we just had to use him at RB last year b/c Hunt was injured, crap or both.

Nolan hasnt been playing well so far this season, but he's a good skipper hopefully he'll get a goal. The good thing is, his form has kept away the big clubs.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
    Correct on all counts, scores and O'brien. He's actually a midfielder anyways we just had to use him at RB last year b/c Hunt was injured, crap or both.

Nolan hasnt been playing well so far this season, but he's a good skipper hopefully he'll get a goal. The good thing is, his form has kept away the big clubs.
    oh really? i never knew he was a midfielder..he did a good job at right back though he was prone to some errors.

something missing from Nolan's season are the goals..not scoring enough this season.
    Anelka ,Speed and even Campo have done well to get goals.
    Anelka is a good signing for me..been awhile since Bolton had a natural goalscorer..Davies is good...but he doesnt score enough.
    the last good striker Bolton had who got goals for me was Ricketts..wonder what's he doing now..lol..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • He's training with Preston. PMSL
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
    He's training with Preston. PMSL
    lol ic...thanks been wondering aboot him for awhile especially while watching Boro games but i always forget to check it up.

YNWA
    and the transfer rumors are really heating up
    Liverpool might get Villa for 25 million and shockingly Mascherano!!
    why Mascherano i'm not sure..maybe as cover for Alonso as he gets tired easy during the tight fixture schedules.
    whatever happens i just hope they won't sell Crouch.

YNWA
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    and the transfer rumors are really heating up
    Liverpool might get Villa for 25 million and shockingly Mascherano!!
    why Mascherano i'm not sure..maybe as cover for Alonso as he gets tired easy during the tight fixture schedules.
    whatever happens i just hope they won't sell Crouch.
    apparently Benitez has denied the crouch & villa rumours
    elmer wrote:
    apparently Benitez has denied the crouch & villa rumours
    just read it too and pleased
    would be dumb to buy Villa in January since he would be cup tied for the Champions League.
    i hope we do get him in June since am very certain Fowler will be on his way and we need four quality strikers if we wanna win more trophies.
    looks like Mascherano won't be coming to Anfield too as he has already moved to too many clubs within a year..some FIFA rule

YNWA
    congrats to Stevie G who will be awarded with a MBE for his involvement in sports.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:

looks like Mascherano won't be coming to Anfield too as he has already moved to too many clubs within a year..some FIFA rule
    FIFA can overrule in special cases, he would probably count. sure WestHam would be keen to assist in offloading him.
  • ParasolParasol Posts: 319
    There's only one Ronaldo :D
    --- Barcelona 01/09/2006 ---
    ---- Lisbon 04/09/2006
    ---- Lisbon 05/09/2006
    "One of the best...The Best! Thank You!" Eddie Vedder. 05/09/2006 Lisbon, Portugal
    2007:
    ---- Lisbon 08/06/2007 ----
    ---- London 18/06/2007 ----
    --- Nijmegen 28/06/2007 ---
    --- Werchter 29/06/2007 ---
    elmer wrote:
    FIFA can overrule in special cases, he would probably count. sure WestHam would be keen to assist in offloading him.
    very true...but i think a move to Juve would be better for him.

what a game at Whitehart Lane..especially the second half..
    Reina gave me a few heart attacks as usual but very pleased we got the 1-0 from a tough place..will be wearing me Luis Garcia kit to diss the Sperms fans later on ;)

and yes..Ronaldo scores another double...this fella has won me over..Drogba thinks he is the player of the season? no chance in hell as long as Ronaldo is playing.
    hard to admit it as a Liverpool fan...but he has been superb.

if im not wrong too..the 15,000th goal of the Premier League has been scored..but not sure from who yet.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    very true...but i think a move to Juve would be better for him.

what a game at Whitehart Lane..especially the second half..
    Reina gave me a few heart attacks as usual but very pleased we got the 1-0 from a tough place..will be wearing me Luis Garcia kit to diss the Sperms fans later on ;)

and yes..Ronaldo scores another double...this fella has won me over..Drogba thinks he is the player of the season? no chance in hell as long as Ronaldo is playing.
    hard to admit it as a Liverpool fan...but he has been superb.

if im not wrong too..the 15,000th goal of the Premier League has been scored..but not sure from who yet.
    yep, a move to Italy or Spain is the for mascherano. again today he was absent from squad and tevez only makes bench. things starting to get critical for the hammers as yet another defeat, charlton only 2points away. Ashton is gonna be under some pressure when he comes back.

think it was maurice volz who got the 15000th.

its being said that chelski may move for Sol Campbell, they`re sure shipping the goals now eh. Im starting to believe that Man U could take the title ,,,,,,,things seem to be eerily falling into place for them, cech injury, sheva not settling all too well, losing gallas...........
    elmer wrote:
    yep, a move to Italy or Spain is the for mascherano. again today he was absent from squad and tevez only makes bench. things starting to get critical for the hammers as yet another defeat, charlton only 2points away. Ashton is gonna be under some pressure when he comes back.

think it was maurice volz who got the 15000th.

its being said that chelski may move for Sol Campbell, they`re sure shipping the goals now eh. Im starting to believe that Man U could take the title ,,,,,,,things seem to be eerily falling into place for them, cech injury, sheva not settling all too well, losing gallas...........
    yeh..at least give the Argentines a chance at West Ham..Tevez has looked good whenever he plays too.
    rather West Ham go down than Charlton..always had a soft spot for Villa but today was pleased to see Pardew get a win.

Chelski really should have never sold Gallas...the goals they let in were soft too and of course the injury to Terry...Campbell would be an interesting buy but i don't see him leaving Pompey.
    am amazed at how Bocanegra has been scoring from similar situations against 3 clubs already...someone needs to watch a tape of how he does it cos he did it again today.
    sadly i think Manure will win the league too...dont see where they could slip up..maybe with the away games at Liverpool,Chelski and ARSE-anal...they gotta travel to Whitehart Lane too which is never easy especially this season.

watching the ARSE-anal game now..a weakened squad and it's showing..come on Blades!! help out Liverpool today :D

YNWA
    thanks ARSE-anal for screwing up against Sheffield United :D
    and Fabregas will be suspended for the FA Cup tie against Liverpool.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    thanks ARSE-anal for screwing up against Sheffield United :D
    and Fabregas will be suspended for the FA Cup tie against Liverpool.
    ARSEne seems now to be accepting that his side will be beaten, caught the last 20mins, first sighting of Denilson.

tho Man U are 6pts clear Ì wouldnt put money on them, still think they lose a game and their confidence with it, hope not!
    elmer wrote:
    ARSEne seems now to be accepting that his side will be beaten, caught the last 20mins, first sighting of Denilson.

tho Man U are 6pts clear Ì wouldnt put money on them, still think they lose a game and their confidence with it, hope not!
    surprised they did not even test Jagielka too much when he had to play keeper..well done to Sheffield United who at the beginning looked the weakest team.

i still think Chelski can win it.
    Manure have 4 very tough away games in the 2nd half of the season..and i think they will lose points there.

some good news for the Kuyt family
    DIRK KUYT will go flying into the New Year after being told his father is making a miraculous recovery from stomach cancer.

The Liverpool striker was told a few months ago that his father Dirk Snr might have only a few months to live.

Kuyt even wanted to stay in Holland and cancel his transfer to the Premiership. But his father told him to go and surgeons then decided to carry out a major operation on him.

Kuyt Snr said last night: "I had part of my stomach and my entire oesophagus removed.

"Doctors have now told me I may have a chance to survive the cancer.

"They said the operation was massively successful. On January 9 I will hear if I am clear."

Kuyt Snr says he has never seen his son happier than he is at Liverpool - and now the Holland striker will get another boost from his dad's amazing recovery.

Kuyt Jnr confirms he is so happy at Liverpool that he never wants to play for another European club.

He said: "If AC Milan or Real Madrid had offered me a big contract, I would have still preferred to go to Liverpool.

"This club suits me so much. I love the city, I love the club and I love the fans. For the last two or three years there were clubs from all over Europe knocking on the door. I was not interested in any of them.

"Every time I said I only wanted to move to one or two clubs in England.

"I wanted a club where the players and the fans have the same passion as I have.'' Kuyt also believes Rafael Benitez will get it right - and gave a revealing insight into the Anfield manager's training methods. Kuyt said: "He is the most intense manager and the biggest perfectionist I have ever worked with. I have entered an entire new world at Liverpool. Training and working with Benitez [below] is almost a whole new way of life.

"This manager is working seven days a week on the physical aspect of his players. Every day we train with heart rate monitors. Every player has to keep a log book with all the results.

"That way the manager can keep an eye on our physical progress.

"In other countries players do everything together in training. Here, at Liverpool, you mainly work on your own. If you, as an individual, do well you will make the team better. That is the philosophy of Benitez.

"When I was at Feyenoord in Holland I used to bring fried fish on a Friday and the players used to fry eggs for breakfast before training. That is impossible at Liverpool.

"I know every club has its own style and every manager has his own ideas, but I have never seen it so professional and extreme as here.

"I know he rotates players, but if you play really well he will always keep you in the team.

"Look at Steven Gerrard. He is the man at Liverpool and will always be in the team. So I know that, if I do well, I'll be in the side 9 out of 10 times."

YNWA
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Great news for Kuyt, Kuyt is a real family man.

By the way, after our last weekend before the winterbreak PSV take a lead from 11 points.

PSV 20 53
    AJAX 20 42
    AZ 20 41
    FEYENOORD 20 39
    TWENTE 20 38
    HEERENVEEN 20 33
    GRONINGEN 20 30
    NAC 19 26
    VITESSE 20 26
    Klumpie wrote:
    Great news for Kuyt, Kuyt is a real family man.

By the way, after our last weekend before the winterbreak PSV take a lead from 11 points.

PSV 20 53
    AJAX 20 42
    AZ 20 41
    FEYENOORD 20 39
    TWENTE 20 38
    HEERENVEEN 20 33
    GRONINGEN 20 30
    NAC 19 26
    VITESSE 20 26
    yep very happy for Kuyt cos as you said he is a family man
    his form hasn't been great though for the past few games

i think it's safe to say..PSV will do a three-peat this season.

can't wait for today's game..Liverpool vs Bolton..a win will put us back to 3rd til we meet Watford away and then a home game with Chelski in the league!
    and of course we meet ARSE-anal twice within the EPL break for both domestic cups..gonna be an exciting January and a good one if we win those big games.

YNWA
    what a second half!
    so happy Crouch got the first goal of 2007 and as always delighted when Stevie G and Kuyt get goals especially at the Kop.
    3-0 against Bolton is superb!

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    what a second half!
    so happy Crouch got the first goal of 2007 and as always delighted when Stevie G and Kuyt get goals especially at the Kop.
    3-0 against Bolton is superb!
    the Crouch goal was sublime,I missed the first half so I lucked out with this game. Pennant was looking sharp.
    ..why were there some guys in the crowd the cameras showed wearing Thunderbirds outfits?
    elmer wrote:
    the Crouch goal was sublime,I missed the first half so I lucked out with this game. Pennant was looking sharp.
    ..why were there some guys in the crowd the cameras showed wearing Thunderbirds outfits?
    the goal was lovely..just like the goal against Gala and at the Kop too which was probably why he celebrated with his two fingers...he did miss some simple chances though...the first half was pretty dull..just alot of defending and some good footwork from Crouchie
    Pennant finally had a good half..he was good in the second half..played important roles for 2 goals...only Gonzalez was poor throughout.
    hahah yes i saw the Thunderbird outfits too...probably Bolton fans ;)

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    hahah yes i saw the Thunderbird outfits too...probably Bolton fans ;)
    glad to see bolton get done, Allerdyce sat there grimacing throughout looking a little reminiscent of Meatloaf with a hangover.

West Ham losing 2-0 to Reading, WTF. Itd be sooooo ironic if Pards Charlton were to clamber to safety and the Irons went down.
    I feel a slight tinge of pity for them.
    elmer wrote:
    glad to see bolton get done, Allerdyce sat there grimacing throughout looking a little reminiscent of Meatloaf with a hangover.

West Ham losing 2-0 to Reading, WTF. Itd be sooooo ironic if Pards Charlton were to clamber to safety and the Irons went down.
    I feel a slight tinge of pity for them.
    LOL yeh he does look like Meatloaf..Diouf was disgraceful..fucker dived in the first half and as the fans booed, he got up and blew kisses at them while smirking.
    i was worried Bolton would get fired up and beat us cos of the comments Rafa made in the morning.

shocking..4-0 now..im happy..it would be a great fairytale if Pardew stayed up and Curbs went down
    next up for the Addicks though..away at ARSE-anal..they could get a point cos the team are high on spirits now.

YNWA
  • Barry Ferguson stripped of Rangers captaincy and will probably never play for Rangers again while Paul Le Guen is in charge. No reason has been given yet.
    Reading 5-0 W Ham............oh my word !
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Apparently Le Guen has put Ferguson on the transfer list lol, dont know what that guy is playing at now.

Le Guen Must Stay!! (Its great entertainment waiting to see what he will do next!)

Brings in players like Sebo, who doesnt even resemble a footballer in my opinion, and sacks their captain and best player, and probably the one who plays with the most heart and determination.

If i were a Rangers fan i would say that i think that Le Guen has done enough at Ibrox and his time is up.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Whitey_22 wrote:
    Barry Ferguson stripped of Rangers captaincy and will probably never play for Rangers again while Paul Le Guen is in charge. No reason has been given yet.

:|
    I'm just on the chapter in his book about how much the captaincy means to him.
    I'm actually really shocked, and i was already stunned after sitting watching a draw with St Mirren at home
  • stu gee wrote:
    Apparently Le Guen has put Ferguson on the transfer list lol, dont know what that guy is playing at now.

Ferguson is not on the transfer list...well not yet anyway.

It seems likely he has been leading a dressing room revolt against Le Guen (which explains a lot of the poor performances IMO) and that Le Guen has not sat back and accepted this like McLeish did, who Barry also led a revolt against (this got to the point where Ferguson would be telling McLeish what substitutions to make while he was still on the park). I'm a big fan of Ferguson, but if he has been leading a revolt, which he has a track record of doing, then he has to be dealt with. No player can be allowed to undermine the manager. If only Eck had the balls to make a decision like this we might not be in this situation.

The statement on the official site makes it pretty clear that Ferguson has been dropped for tomorrow's match only and mentions nothing of him being stipped of the captaincy permanently. IMO, he is being punished for undermining the manager and will have the transfer window month to sort his attitude out or he'll be shipped out at the end of it.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Whitey_22 wrote:
    Ferguson is not on the transfer list...well not yet anyway.

It seems likely he has been leading a dressing room revolt against Le Guen (which explains a lot of the poor performances IMO) and that Le Guen has not sat back and accepted this like McLeish did, who Barry also led a revolt against (this got to the point where Ferguson would be telling McLeish what substitutions to make while he was still on the park). I'm a big fan of Ferguson, but if he has been leading a revolt, which he has a track record of doing, then he has to be dealt with. No player can be allowed to undermine the manager. If only Eck had the balls to make a decision like this we might not be in this situation.

The statement on the official site makes it pretty clear that Ferguson has been dropped for tomorrow's match only and mentions nothing of him being stipped of the captaincy permanently. IMO, he is being punished for undermining the manager and will have the transfer window month to sort his attitude out or he'll be shipped out at the end of it.

On the BBC 1 news this evening it went over to the sports desk for a special report and the guy definitely said that he had been put on the transfer list, he was reading it from a bit of paper in his hand as if it had just been announced.

I agree that no one player is bigger than the team they play for but im not sure if this is the same, Le Guen has made a few strange decisions in his time at Rangers.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.