The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185
    Ah a gloating celt ;)
    You must be gutted le naffer is gone lol

i was a bit gutted to be honest but at least John Barnes will be happy he's no longer the shortest reigning manager in old firm history, probably still the shitest tho.

think the mint better watch out, bringing back smith and mcciost and even staurt mccall might work out cause they are still involved in the game and have been learning their trade but already all these other names from the dark days of nine in a row like richard gough and graeme roberts are being mentioned has maybe having a role in the new set up and bringing them back just for the sake of it might come back to bite him in the arse.
    Hail Hail
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174

I think that will be quite a good partnership at ibrox, Walter Smith is a top manager.

I still find the goings on at Rangers a bit suspect though, i must say. It was kinda like 'Paul Le Guen leaves Rangers, in other news Rangers are lining up moves for two new players.'

Who is deciding what players are to be brought in!! That is the job of the manager, and only the manager surely.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Where's Axl tonight? Have to say, as a Reds fan, that was a poor performance against the Arse. Cannot believe Alonso got booked, he seemed to be doing so well. Crouch needs to sort himself out.
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    evo wrote:
    i was a bit gutted to be honest but at least John Barnes will be happy he's no longer the shortest reigning manager in old firm history, probably still the shitest tho.

think the mint better watch out, bringing back smith and mcciost and even staurt mccall might work out cause they are still involved in the game and have been learning their trade but already all these other names from the dark days of nine in a row like richard gough and graeme roberts are being mentioned has maybe having a role in the new set up and bringing them back just for the sake of it might come back to bite him in the arse.
    You just had to get that in!

Who could sort things out better than Walter. He knows all the teams with being Scotland boss, all the players.
    They're all being mentioned right now Gough, Goram lol. I'd love to look across and it's Walter back in the dug out

I'm just glad PLG is off tho
    stu gee wrote:
    I think that will be quite a good partnership at ibrox, Walter Smith is a top manager.

I still find the goings on at Rangers a bit suspect though, i must say. It was kinda like 'Paul Le Guen leaves Rangers, in other news Rangers are lining up moves for two new players.'

Who is deciding what players are to be brought in!! That is the job of the manager, and only the manager surely.
    Terrible what happened to Webster. He was a target for le Guen, with Walter coming in (if it is) he would have been asked do you want these players? if not we will not being going for them and he must want the players, as i understand it.
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    and the transfer rumors are really heating up
    Liverpool might get Villa for 25 million and shockingly Mascherano!!
    why Mascherano i'm not sure..maybe as cover for Alonso as he gets tired easy during the tight fixture schedules.
    whatever happens i just hope they won't sell Crouch.

I can't imagine that he will. He is doing alright isn't he? Mascherano? That can't be right can it? I heard Juve was interested, but they stopped the interest because of the weird contract construction he has.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    Klumpie wrote:
    He will come, but I prefer a left back. Maybe Maxwell ;)

We don't seem to have any luck finding a leftback, well Salcido was a shot in the ross, but he plays centre now so we're back were we started, just read that Chineese player won't be the new left back either, can't say I am really unhappy about that.

I hope they can make that Luque story work out though, he was great at Deportivo.
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    We don't seem to have any luck finding a leftback, well Salcido was a shot in the ross, but he plays centre now so we're back were we started, just read that Chineese player won't be the new left back either, can't say I am really unhappy about that.

I hope they can make that Luque story work out though, he was great at Deportivo.
    Well Alcides from Benfica is coming too PSV, so maybe Salcido will go back to the left back position.

Yep, Luque was great. Only at Newcastle he doesn't show very much.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    axls gone all quiet since the liverpool demise.

didnt see last nights arsenal reserves+fabregas put 6 past dudek(why not reina?)but thats a licking. When I saw the result this morning I momentarily assumed it must be aggregate but then realised..........the only hope is to beat barca and lay claim to 4th.

I thought this would be The season for Liverpool , but all the pressure on Benitez is unfair. He still found some top players even if he did sign a couple of duds(josemi?).........theres still Sissoko to come back as well who is more the defensive midfield player than alonso or gerrard.
  • elmer wrote:

didnt see last nights arsenal reserves+fabregas put 6 past dudek(why not reina?)but thats a licking. When I saw the result this morning I momentarily assumed it must be aggregate but then realised..........the only hope is to beat barca and lay claim to 4th.

I thought this would be The season for Liverpool , but all the pressure on Benitez is unfair. He still found some top players even if he did sign a couple of duds(josemi?).........theres still Sissoko to come back as well who is more the defensive midfield player than alonso or gerrard.
    Shocking. Absolutely shocking. Twice in a week. Rafa needs to give the squad a review. I'm with ya on Dudek though. That Italian keeper looks quite good, hopefully he'll be at Anfield in a few weeks.

But still........ :eek:
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    elmer wrote:
    nah..haha..just been dead busy after the holidays..wont be around as much as i'd like to.

the past two games have been devastating..
    Dudek has forgotten how to position himself or even save a shot (cept the penalty)
    the other players been poor too..Stevie G and Alonso have forgotten how to defend too and well..i could go on forever.
    Rafa din drop Dudek cos he din wanna go back on a promise he made to Dudek..Rafa promised Dudek could play in all the Cup games
    now we just gotta look forward to getting a good result at Watford..and that should help the morale for the Chelski game at Anfield next weekend.
    That Italian keeper looks quite good, hopefully he'll be at Anfield in a few weeks.
    am glad we are getting Pardelli..and looks like Sebastian Leto will join us instead of River Plate but probably in June.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    .>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Klumpie wrote:
    Well Alcides from Benfica is coming too PSV, so maybe Salcido will go back to the left back position.

Yep, Luque was great. Only at Newcastle he doesn't show very much.

No indeed he didn't/doesn't. But that can be said for more players. Tevez isn't doing too good either and that is a good player as well. I have evry confidence that if he comes he'll do just fine.
    I reckon Salcido will go back on left back if Alcides is as good as I hope he is. Too bad he has only signed for 1.5 years, but Alex was only supposed to play with us for two years and that turned out a little longer as well so it might turn out to be a little longer. We also have Da Costa on the bench so if they actually are able to sign Luque I reckon Arsenal might have their hands full.:D
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    Julio Baptista scored 4 against Liverpool. You must be kidding me...

We really are the best, aren't we? :)
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
    brhf9 wrote:
    Julio Baptista scored 4 against Liverpool. You must be kidding me...

We really are the best, aren't we? :)

We as in Baptista and yourself?;)
  • luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    F.C. Bayern's Uli Hoeness said that they are gonna spent 30 millions for a new player in summer :

Bonjour Franck Ribéry....

:)

Uli's the best manager of the world !
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
    luxpjamer wrote:
    F.C. Bayern's Uli Hoeness said that they are gonna spent 30 millions for a new player in summer :

Bonjour Franck Ribéry....

:)

Uli's the best manager of the world !

With Ribery you never know.:D
    With Ribery you never know.:D

Yeah...where was he already announced, Real Madrid, Arsenal London, Lyon, Bayern,...but he's a damn good player !
    I just want to say that this year Lyon is gonna win the Champions League. They are ready to win it this year. Lyon has one of the best team and a Juninho at his Zenit.....
    luxpjamer wrote:
    Yeah...where was he already announced, Real Madrid, Arsenal London, Lyon, Bayern,...but he's a damn good player !

That he is, and Byern seems to do well with the fench conection so who knows he might actually sign a contract and realise what that means hahahahha. But hey he could also sign and announce two hours later that he will stay with OM for the rest of his live. However a great player he is.
    luxpjamer wrote:
    I just want to say that this year Lyon is gonna win the Champions League. They are ready to win it this year. Lyon has one of the best team and a Juninho at his Zenit.....

They were ready last year and the year before that seems like it's about time they went on to win it. They deserve the cup.
    I don't know if you guys saw it, but i just saw a documentary about the hooligans wrecking havoc in the streets of Germany in last year's WCup. What the fuck was that?
    A bunch of whitey,bald headed, drunk machines disturbing the peace. I wonder if that shit is commom because i always thought you guys have controled it.

Even so it is much worse down here in South America, i thought it was a pretty disturbing shit.

I hope they don't show up there in 2010 because i intend to be there.

inappropriate post.

We as in Baptista and yourself?;)

hehehe

inappropriate post.

luxpjamer wrote:

He is great.

inappropriate post.

That he is, and Byern seems to do well with the fench conection so who knows he might actually sign a contract and realise what that means hahahahha. But hey he could also sign and announce two hours later that he will stay with OM for the rest of his live. However a great player he is.

That's the risk...but I think that he'll never gonna understand what it really means to play for a Club. You know the proud to play for a city, fans,...to play with the heart.

Saison Club Matchs (Buts)
    2001-2002 US Boulogne
    2002-2003 Olympique Alès
    2003-2004 Stade Brestois
    2004-2005 (janv.) Football Club de Metz
    2005 (janv.) -2005 Galatasaray
    2005-2007 Olympique de Marseille

Hey he's already 2 years in Marseille...Record ! ;)
    They were ready last year and the year before that seems like it's about time they went on to win it. They deserve the cup.

yeah and I'm not a fan but I like the way the club has grown..they made great buys and they have great youth player in their team, no huge star exept Juninho. His free-kicks are from another planet....
    It's phenomenal how they played against Madrid the last years....
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I still think Barca will win the CL. As good as Lyon are i just dont think they have it in them to win a competetion like that. I may very well be wrong but my guess is that they will lose their nerve at some point.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,672
    Beckham's Real career ending with move to L.A.

MADRID (Reuters) - Former England captain David Beckham will leave Real Madrid at the end of the season and sign a five-year deal with MLS side Los Angeles Galaxy, he told Reuters on Thursday

The deal is reported to be one of the biggest in global sport with Beckham set to earn more than $250 million over the duration of his contract.
    ----

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-beckhamdc&prov=reuters&type=lgns
    Ka Ching!

inappropriate post.