The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Yo Axl! Stevie G. was in the top 20 wasn't he? I know I saw his and Lampards' names on the list.

And Sunday was very good. Although Charlton are a bit of an easy team to beat at the moment. Should be a goodun tonight though. Start making a nice gap.
    yeh Stevie's name was somewhere as i can recall.

3-0 was a great result considering our away form this season but from the chances created..alittle disappointed that we din score at least 2 more.
    overall just delighted we are third and everyone around us dropped points cept for Chelski
    Kuyt looks tired..maybe he needs alittle rest.
    looking forward to the home game with Watford this weekend cos am expecting another 3 or 4-0 :D
    and of course tonight should be good...predicting a 2-0 if ARSE-anal play their youngsters.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    got skysports for the next couple of weeks, saw w ham v man u game on sunday and it was a jammy win to say the least...
    one thing I pondered was : where has mascherano gone?? he up to playing for argentina in a world cup but not for even the west ham subs bench (as of recently),,,,there was enough time for Pardew to stick em straight in from the start after they signed and just persist. i think reo-coker is over-rated and lacks passing vision, mullins I unsure of too. mascheranos lack of height does maybe pose a slight drawback but still
    So Curbishley has made some point by leaving both out in his first game, with Tevez I see it as making a point. Surely he could even play left-midfield.

what ever happened to D Alessandro who was at Portsmouth on loan last year??? he was class
    elmer wrote:
    got skysports for the next couple of weeks, saw w ham v man u game on sunday and it was a jammy win to say the least...
    one thing I pondered was : where has mascherano gone?? he up to playing for argentina in a world cup but not for even the west ham subs bench (as of recently),,,,there was enough time for Pardew to stick em straight in from the start after they signed and just persist. i think reo-coker is over-rated and lacks passing vision, mullins I unsure of too. mascheranos lack of height does maybe pose a slight drawback but still
    So Curbishley has made some point by leaving both out in his first game, with Tevez I see it as making a point. Surely he could even play left-midfield.

what ever happened to D Alessandro who was at Portsmouth on loan last year??? he was class
    i think the 2 Argentines will be moving on soon..especially Macsherano..he looks Juve bound
    as for D'Alessandro he's at Zaragoza i think..caught abit of a Zaragoza game and noticed him.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    predicting a 2-0 if ARSE-anal play their youngsters.

You didn't predict the fog :p
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    I just wanna scream...HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

:D

Ok, it's been a week since the unspeakable happened. I feel better coming on here now ;) haha.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • The Usa and Mexico will to play the next "Copa América" in Venezuela...

http://www.conmebol.com/articulos_ver.jsp?id=59779&slangab=S

Why the Concacaf and the Conmebol dont make a big continental tournament, like in Europe ? Only with this the continent will be strong and, not only to depend on of Brasil and Argentina to beat the Europeans....
    "O mundo do faz de conta é uma verdadeira mentira...!"
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    PSV - Willem II (4-0)
    Vitesse - Ajax (4-2)
    AZ - NEC (0-0)

It's gonna be damn cold if PSV become the champion next februari.
    You didn't predict the fog :p
    lol!
    yes i din!
    now we gotta play ARSE-anal twice in 4 days in the FA and league cup.
    looks like Chelski are gonna be in the league cup final too..really doubt Wycombe can upset them.
    am looking forward to another final(yeh we are gonna beat ARSE-anal and sperms first) with Chelski cos now we know how to beat them in domestic cups :D

YNWA
    some of Arsenals play against Blackburn was soooo sublime, Adebayor is starting to look like a truly class player up front. having seen W Ham v Fulham earlier in the day it was in a different league.

saw Real Madrids last two matches and they are shitty, Emerson seems old and without pace,actually they lack pace all through the side. Cannervaro seemed ordinary and was outshone easily by Ramos who along with Robinho were the only two I rated. Barca again for La Liga.
    elmer wrote:
    some of Arsenals play against Blackburn was soooo sublime, Adebayor is starting to look like a truly class player up front. having seen W Ham v Fulham earlier in the day it was in a different league.

saw Real Madrids last two matches and they are shitty, Emerson seems old and without pace,actually they lack pace all through the side. Cannervaro seemed ordinary and was outshone easily by Ramos who along with Robinho were the only two I rated. Barca again for La Liga.
    who needs Henry? haha
    they should have sold him for the money...ARSE-anal are looking real good without him.
    Gilberto knows how to lead and be a better captain too.
    they still have a weakness and that is Lehmann imo.

Emerson has been disappointing especially during Recreativo
    always liked Sergio Ramos..great player for his age and he seems to have stopped getting stupid yellow and red cards this season.

No surprises too that Alan Pardew has been appointed Charlton manager..Les Reed just isnt a manager.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    who needs Henry? haha
    they should have sold him for the money...ARSE-anal are looking real good without him.
    Gilberto knows how to lead and be a better captain too.
    they still have a weakness and that is Lehmann imo.

Emerson has been disappointing especially during Recreativo
    always liked Sergio Ramos..great player for his age and he seems to have stopped getting stupid yellow and red cards this season.

No surprises too that Alan Pardew has been appointed Charlton manager..Les Reed just isnt a manager.
    Im surprised Pardew lasted as long as he did at W Ham, especially over the last two months but with Charlton he´s got a tough task. With Reading doing well it leaves Watford, Sheff Und, and for me Charlton to go down, anyone else and Id be surpised.

Another Real M player that was big-time disappointing was Guti, looks prettier than he plays.Ramos has been sent off 5 times for Real already, I remember last seasons champs lge against arsenal at the Bernabau he lashed out at Eboue and should have gone.

I like Lehmann, he provides great entertainment value with his crazy antics.......apparently Lampard&wife were at London restaurant, on leaving he caught sight of the German and said hello---Lehmann supposed to have blanked him.
    can see the top 4 all picking up the points tomorrow
    elmer wrote:
    Im surprised Pardew lasted as long as he did at W Ham, especially over the last two months but with Charlton he´s got a tough task. With Reading doing well it leaves Watford, Sheff Und, and for me Charlton to go down, anyone else and Id be surpised.

Another Real M player that was big-time disappointing was Guti, looks prettier than he plays.Ramos has been sent off 5 times for Real already, I remember last seasons champs lge against arsenal at the Bernabau he lashed out at Eboue and should have gone.

I like Lehmann, he provides great entertainment value with his crazy antics.......apparently Lampard&wife were at London restaurant, on leaving he caught sight of the German and said hello---Lehmann supposed to have blanked him.
    can see the top 4 all picking up the points tomorrow
    thought Pardew should have been given some time but Curbs is definitely a better manager.
    its gonna be tough for the Addicks..i think they will go down too..but am still hoping somehow Everton go down :D

woah 5 times this season? i guess that's still an improvement haha

havent heard that one aboot Lehmann and Lampard..wouldnt be surprised if it was true.
    well i hope ARSE-anal and Manure drop points as usual cos Liverpool could slip up at Ewood Park..i'll be happy with a 1-0 win tomorrow.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    thought Pardew should have been given some time but Curbs is definitely a better manager.
    its gonna be tough for the Addicks..i think they will go down too..but am still hoping somehow Everton go down :D

woah 5 times this season? i guess that's still an improvement haha

havent heard that one aboot Lehmann and Lampard..wouldnt be surprised if it was true.
    well i hope ARSE-anal and Manure drop points as usual cos Liverpool could slip up at Ewood Park..i'll be happy with a 1-0 win tomorrow.
    no 5times in his Real career which is still something since he only signed the summer before last I believe, and I think he`s only 19,20.
    elmer wrote:
    no 5times in his Real career which is still something since he only signed the summer before last I believe, and I think he`s only 19,20.
    yeh thats why i was shocked when i thought you meant this season.
    last season he got too many ridiculous second yellow cards..this season he has matured abit and isnt too bad getting opportunities from set pieces
    and yeh..hes still very young..hes gonna be one of the best in a few years time.

YNWA
    Chelsea 2:2 Reading............saw up to half-time, what with Inspector Drogba`scoring and them goin in leading I didnt bother with the rest.

Hope Man U can capitalize on this!!

once again Tevez on the bench behind that predictable lummox Harewood
    elmer wrote:
    Chelsea 2:2 Reading............saw up to half-time, what with Inspector Drogba`scoring and them goin in leading I didnt bother with the rest.

Hope Man U can capitalize on this!!

once again Tevez on the bench behind that predictable lummox Harewood
    what an own goal from Essien...
    ah well i still want Chelski to win the league..i hate Manure alot lot more but too bad they won thanks to Gaynaldo again..damn he's been fantastic.

sadly i din expect a win at Ewood Park and we lost..gutted
    now Liverpool will drop to 6th if ARSE-anal beat Watford

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    well i hope ARSE-anal and Manure drop points as usual cos Liverpool could slip up at Ewood Park..i
    good prediction, thought Liverpool were on a roll, Bellamy looking sharp recently.

Arsenal didnt play well, scrappy game, good finishing by V Persie.

didnt see the essien OG, frm the first half the game seemed a routine for Chelski
    elmer wrote:
    good prediction, thought Liverpool were on a roll, Bellamy looking sharp recently.

Arsenal didnt play well, scrappy game, good finishing by V Persie.

didnt see the essien OG, frm the first half the game seemed a routine for Chelski
    yeh disappointed when Bellamy got taken off but apparently he had blurred vision from his left eye so they had no choice.
    Gerrard and Gonzalez were just poor and Crouch has forgotten how to head balls again.

first time in awhile that ARSE-anal won a scrappy game..something i thought they might have been unable to do...Watford need better forwards if they wanna stay up which looks impossible now.

haha it was hilarious..Cashley Cole passed the ball to Essien and he put it in the net..good finish :D

YNWA
    Some Argentine football news:

*Miguel Angel Russo is Boca's new manager/coach.

*Ricardo Lavolpe is Velez Sarsfield's new manager/coach.

*Ramon Diaz is San Lorenzo's new manager/coach.

*Bruno Marioni is one of the first new transfers to Boca (on loan from Toluca of Mexico)

*The Spanish media has been saying Barca will buy Boca's Rodrigo Palacio in June. (hopefully this isn't true and he'll get to stay in Boca a bit longer).

*Gago and Higuain have been transferred to Real Madrid.

Ok, I think that's all :p

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:

*Gago and Higuain have been transferred to Real Madrid.
    p
    what d`you think of them?
    what you make of the whole tevez/mascherano argie bargie? must be of some note in south america, dont support W Ham but they are my most local club so its all bemused me. I´ll be astonished if both dont leave in Janruary but hear they`ll be staying for the season.

Charlton 2 Fulham 2,,,,,,,,,,,,after 3 minutes added time fulham have equalised. poor pardew, must be like the cup final all over again! Heard some stat recently that throughout this season charlton have averaged 28% possession.....
    elmer wrote:
    what d`you think of them?
    what you make of the whole tevez/mascherano argie bargie? must be of some note in south america, dont support W Ham but they are my most local club so its all bemused me. I´ll be astonished if both dont leave in Janruary but hear they`ll be staying for the season.

Charlton 2 Fulham 2,,,,,,,,,,,,after 3 minutes added time fulham have equalised. poor pardew, must be like the cup final all over again! Heard some stat recently that throughout this season charlton have averaged 28% possession.....

Gago and Higuain are both world class players.
    Gago is very similar to Fernando Redondo in style, and that's not a surprise since Redondo is Gago's hero and Gago is pretty much living his dream right now by playing for Real. He is a very good defensive midfielder, and he's good getting the ball back from the opposing side. He doesn't really score much however.
    Higuain is a great striker, and being only a teen, the kid has a bright future.

The Argentine in Europe results are usually either black or white. They either shine in whatever team they're playing, or they do horribly. I personally think Gago and Higuain will be among the ones who do great, if they get enough playing time and their talent is not wasted on Real's bench.

Tevez and Mascherano just weren't able to adapt to the premiership's style of play it seems. Perhaps with more time and play time they'll get into the swing of things? I doubt it though. I think they'll be better off in Spain or Italy. Most Argentines struggle in the EPL it seems, well, the few who end up playing there anyway. That I can think of, Heinze is the only one who has proved to be very succesful on that league.

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:

Tevez and Mascherano just weren't able to adapt to the premiership's style of play it seems. Perhaps with more time and play time they'll get into the swing of things? I doubt it though. I think they'll be better off in Spain or Italy. Most Argentines struggle in the EPL it seems, well, the few who end up playing there anyway. That I can think of, Heinze is the only one who has proved to be very succesful on that league.

think with Tevez theres little doubt that he can adapt, hes shown enough to warrant a starting place for sure, been their most dangerous player on occasion. He didnt endear himself by leaving the ground when substituted, but it was a ridiculous decision by the manager and the fans themselves were booing...........

with Mascherano its unclear, both pardew&curbishley havent trusted him it seems.

there was a guy called D´Alessandro on loan at Portsmouth last season and he was a success. Heinze is just class.
    speaking of Argentines...Gabriel Paletta has done well whenever needed but i expect him to be a regular soon when Hyypia retires and Carragher needs more rest.

i think Gago will be a hit at Real Madrid too...they can offload Diarra who has unfortunately sucked since moving there.

YNWA
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    anything big going down in the EPL next transfer window?
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

mdigenakis wrote:
    anything big going down in the EPL next transfer window?
    so far nothing..
    i expect Chelski to sign a well known and established defender as cover for John Terry..other than that..i see more of the strugglers spending the money.
    and Lucas Neill to Liverpool :(

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    and Lucas Neill to Liverpool :(
    yeah Im not bout him either, could see him conceding a pen in a big champs lge game. He is strong and ok in the air, would make good cover....depends how much really. I even heard earlier in the season that Barca were interested
    elmer wrote:
    yeah Im not bout him either, could see him conceding a pen in a big champs lge game. He is strong and ok in the air, would make good cover....depends how much really. I even heard earlier in the season that Barca were interested
    he's good at going forward..decent crosser..but i think he's a crap defender.
    and yes..he will get too many stupid red cards and give away penalties when under pressure.
    Warnock looks like he will be heading to Blackburn as part of the deal which for me is a shame cos i think he's a better defender than Neill.
    yeh..heard Barca and Milan are still interested too!
    i hope they outbid Liverpool and get him though it's unlikely cos no matter what..Neill is a Liverpool fan and wants to come to Anfield.

YNWA
  • Just waiting for new year's day. Bolton v the pool, and the transfer window opens and maybe the Mighty Whites will get a proper fullback.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
    Just waiting for new year's day. Bolton v the pool, and the transfer window opens and maybe the Mighty Whites will get a proper fullback.
    i am not looking forward to that fixture despite Liverpool's good run at Anfield this season and against Bolton in general.
    don't think Bolton will be too active during the window..maybe for Beckham?

YNWA
  • Well my mum would be happy with getting Beckham. I seriously doubt we have any chance.

We havent won a league match at anfield in years, and the last times we have won there was a CC match and when we were a lower league side in 91 in the FA cup. Maybe our scouse captain will have a good game, he does like going home. I imagine we'll play well and get battered anyway. Usual Anfield visit.

In the window we really need fullbacks and a creative mid. With our front 3 we dont actually need a striker for once.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.