The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    No indeed he didn't/doesn't. But that can be said for more players. Tevez isn't doing too good either and that is a good player as well. I have evry confidence that if he comes he'll do just fine.
    I reckon Salcido will go back on left back if Alcides is as good as I hope he is. Too bad he has only signed for 1.5 years, but Alex was only supposed to play with us for two years and that turned out a little longer as well so it might turn out to be a little longer. We also have Da Costa on the bench so if they actually are able to sign Luque I reckon Arsenal might have their hands full.:D
    I think it's a great player and he will do it, for sure, great in our competition. But first we have to see if he's really coming too PSV.
    Well we have the best defense of Europe, so Arsenal can say: "bye, bye". to the Champions League. ;)
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    stu gee wrote:
    I still think Barca will win the CL. As good as Lyon are i just dont think they have it in them to win a competetion like that. I may very well be wrong but my guess is that they will lose their nerve at some point.

Mmmh They don't really seem like the team to loss their nerve. I definitly give them a better chance of winning it than Barca. Still like you said:"one may be wrong". Barca would have to improve a great deal if they want to win that cup again.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    Klumpie wrote:
    I think it's a great player and he will do it, for sure, great in our competition. But first we have to see if he's really coming too PSV.
    Well we have the best defense of Europe, so Arsenal can say: "bye, bye". to the Champions League. ;)

From the looks of things it may not happen, however he seems to be willing and the coach isn't using him anyway. I think PSV should try to make an offer for buying him, insteed of the loan deal they proposed. That is if they don't have a high figure in mind. They bought him for 14 million but he didn't bring them much joy so maybe they would want to part with him for five. If so PSV should pay up. He is worth it.

PSV has a great defence with one weakness and it maybe so that the problem is resolved so we have more than a fighting chance. However Arsenal is a strange team. One game they are shit the next they are out of this world.
    MrBrian wrote:
    Beckham's Real career ending with move to L.A.

MADRID (Reuters) - Former England captain David Beckham will leave Real Madrid at the end of the season and sign a five-year deal with MLS side Los Angeles Galaxy, he told Reuters on Thursday

The deal is reported to be one of the biggest in global sport with Beckham set to earn more than $250 million over the duration of his contract.
    ----

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-beckhamdc&prov=reuters&type=lgns

That is a whole lot of money. I guess they figure they will earn it back with the sales of goodish and using him as their posterboy. Still it is a whole lot of money to spend in one place.
    luxpjamer wrote:
    yeah and I'm not a fan but I like the way the club has grown..they made great buys and they have great youth player in their team, no huge star exept Juninho. His free-kicks are from another planet....
    It's phenomenal how they played against Madrid the last years....

I love to see them play as well. They play to win and they've been doing so for quite awhile now.
  • TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    MrBrian wrote:
    Beckham's Real career ending with move to L.A.

MADRID (Reuters) - Former England captain David Beckham will leave Real Madrid at the end of the season and sign a five-year deal with MLS side Los Angeles Galaxy, he told Reuters on Thursday

The deal is reported to be one of the biggest in global sport with Beckham set to earn more than $250 million over the duration of his contract.
    ----

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-beckhamdc&prov=reuters&type=lgns

thats insane, way to much money imo but well.... I hope now the NY team gets Ronaldo
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    stu gee wrote:
    I still think Barca will win the CL.
    Liverpool will have something to say aboot that i hope!
    am delighted with the 3-0 win over Watford at Vicerage cos noone really has scored 3 goals against Watford home or away.
    i loved how all 3 strikers started and i hope Rafa continues this system with Finnan playing right wing cos he was superb and alot more effective than Pennant or Guthrie.
    next up Chelski at home..i hope we continue our unbeaten home run in the league with a good performance and hopefully the right result.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    1st game without PLG - Rangers 5-0 Dundee United
    To look across at the dug out and see Walter and Ally there, amazing

:)
    leeannsph6nz7.png
  • A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
  • DercheefDercheef Posts: 732
    "Ashley has a fit Missus though"
    :D
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    PLG new PSG manger....OMG!!!!

That's a real challenge...I liked PLG before (sorry Rangers ;)) but I think that the times for PSG are over.
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
    luxpjamer wrote:
    PLG new PSG manger....OMG!!!!

That's a real challenge...I liked PLG before (sorry Rangers ;)) but I think that the times for PSG are over.

I was surprised that PSG got Gallardo from River Plate, I mean he's a great player but a little past his prime I think.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    I hear Liverpool are attempting to sign Tim Henman, hes good at coming back from 6-3.
  • luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    Sébastian Deisler from Bayern Munich declared he's going to stop his carrer now...He's only 27.....My god! I'm really sad to hear that. In the last 6 years he had 8 surgeries, bad knees,...2005 and 2006 he was hospitalized for Depressions....seeing his face today showed that he's still depressed....

I'm really sorry for BASTI FANTASTI.....:(
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • Great win for the Arsenal yesterday. Fabregas had a stormer.Hes going to be a great player.United got what they deserved for their timewasting and overall negativity from the minute they went ahead.
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    [size=+10] **LIVERPOOL** [/size]
    I need a coffee!
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Why did this thread die? :(

Let's revive it! :D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • I wish to point out that my beloved Bolton Wanderers have hit a slump. Which means that we will either thump Arsenal on Saturday, or get thumped. No in betweens.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
    Bundesliga will start again at the weekend. Can't wait...
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    I wish to point out that my beloved Bolton Wanderers have hit a slump. Which means that we will either thump Arsenal on Saturday, or get thumped. No in betweens.

We all have our crosses to bear ;) Best of luck on Sunday....not often that I hope for a Bolton win but this one I do :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Hey we gave you Macateer! I mean he beat Holland to get you into WC 2002.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
    Dercheef wrote:
    Bundesliga will start again at the weekend. Can't wait...

yep me too.... I'm rooting for Werder Bremen this year. Diego and Klose are the two best players in the league imo.
    16:00 FT' Rangers 0 : 0 Hearts
    15:30 FT' Arminia Bielefeld 1 : 1 Hamburger

ah well, it's better then loosing. ;)
    Klumpie wrote:
    16:00 FT' Rangers 0 : 0 Hearts
    15:30 FT' Arminia Bielefeld 1 : 1 Hamburger

ah well, it's better then loosing. ;)

Today we played like Go Ahead Eagles in disguise...
    Walter is still unbeaten tho! :)
    Towerman wrote:
    yep me too.... I'm rooting for Werder Bremen this year. Diego and Klose are the two best players in the league imo.
    Diego is awesome and I honestly think that Klose is the best striker in the world.
  • Great win for the Arsenal yesterday. Fabregas had a stormer.Hes going to be a great player.United got what they deserved for their timewasting and overall negativity from the minute they went ahead.

I saw some highlights from that game in BC. Where they actually show football, some amazing goals in that one.
    NERDS!
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Damn damn damn Ajax! :(
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
    parel jam wrote:
    Damn damn damn Ajax! :(
    Fucking Ajax.

But still 9 points in front.
    BuMp ...Rangers have beaten Celtic and several English clubs to the signature of Kevin Thomson after paying Hibernian £2m for the midfielder.
    Thomson told Rangers' website: "As soon as it came to the table that I had the option of playing here then I didn't need any other options."

Bit surprised by that one, thought Brown was the most likely, delighted tho!

West Ham 1 Liverpool 2
    Liverpool closed to within two points of second-placed Chelsea and plunged West Ham deeper into trouble.