The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    haha, yeah! congrats on the PSV win! :D
    Palacio could've scored the 4th one towards the end but he missed it :p

I heard you guys are back on top. We are still #3, two points behind Ajax and 1 point behind AZ.
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Klumpie wrote:
    Didn't found that goal of yesterday, but this are also some good goals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jFnaD0GFgE

EDIT: Here it is http://forum.psv.nl/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000829&p=23

Excellent goals! ..but funny accent :p:p
    Excellent goals! ..but funny accent :p:p

That first goal was one of the best things that happen for PSV, the 1-1 against Lyon. PSV go further to the semi-finals of the CL.

Just a normal accent ;)
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Klumpie wrote:
    That first goal was one of the best things that happen for PSV, the 1-1 against Lyon. PSV go further to the semi-finals of the CL.

Just a normal accent ;)

The first goal - the control! sweet. The last goal! - man he can strike a ball
    You's must LOVE him, someone who can score goals like that.

And he can defend even better. I still don't know of Alex is loaned of Chelsea or that he really belongs to us. They don't want to make this publicly. I hope he can stay another 5 years, but I don't think that will happen. :(
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Klumpie wrote:
    Didn't found that goal of yesterday, but this are also some good goals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jFnaD0GFgE

EDIT: Here it is http://forum.psv.nl/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000829&p=23

Thanks for the goals of the tank.;)
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»

I love him he is a kick ass defender, I find it really weird that 'he wasn't on the world cup. Now that he finally is getting his chances for Brazil it won't belong before he makes his move to Chelsea. Carvallo can kiss his first eleven spot bye bye.:D
    Klumpie wrote:
    And he can defend even better. I still don't know of Alex is loaned of Chelsea or that he really belongs to us. They don't want to make this publicly. I hope he can stay another 5 years, but I don't think that will happen. :(

I thought they had him on loan now. I hope he stays of course, but I seriously doubt he will. Unless Chelsea still can't get a working permit.
    I thought they had him on loan now. I hope he stays of course, but I seriously doubt he will. Unless Chelsea still can't get a working permit.

So he's loaned. I thought PSV want to buy him this summer. And when Real Madrid was intrested, PSV asked €30 million. But I don't believe it, I also think he's still loaned of Chelsea.
    Thanks for the goals of the tank.;)

U vraagt, wij draaien. ;)
    Klumpie wrote:
    U vraagt, wij draaien. ;)

Dan ben je beter dan de meeste DJ's:D
    Klumpie wrote:
    So he's loaned. I thought PSV want to buy him this summer. And when Real Madrid was intrested, PSV asked €30 million. But I don't believe it, I also think he's still loaned of Chelsea.

I don't know for sure, but that is what I heard. There were some rumours that PSV could buy him this summer, but like you I don't believe that it is true. Maybe if he still isn't allowed to play for them this summer and the club of his choice doesn't come allong, maybe he'd be willing to stay. I reckon he will not.:( I am getting more and more warmed up to that idea of yours to get Knol. He did me a favour and lost that silly hairband.:D
  • TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    Alex(PSV), Diego(Werder Bremen), Robinho(Real Madrid), Elano(Shakhtar-Ukraine), Ricardo Olivera(Milan), Renato(Sevilla).... all of them played together in Santos during 2002-2004, totally kick-ass team, sadly they lost the Libertadore Cup final against Boca and shortly after all of them were sold to Europe. But still imo that Santos was one of the best attacking-minded teams that I've seen in my life. Don't know if any of you guys in Europe got to see any of their games?
    speaking as a child of the 90's
    Nope, I've never seen a match of Santos. There is a channel where you can watch the brasilian competition, but you have to pay for that channel. And most of the games are at midnight, so that's a problem too.

But last week I've seen on the internet River Plate - Boca Juniors and it wasn't really a great match. But the atmosphere was fantastic. I've to see more matches of the South-American competition to get a good opinion.
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    Towerman wrote:
    Alex(PSV), Diego(Werder Bremen), Robinho(Real Madrid), Elano(Shakhtar-Ukraine), Ricardo Olivera(Milan), Renato(Sevilla).... all of them played together in Santos during 2002-2004, totally kick-ass team, sadly they lost the Libertadore Cup final against Boca and shortly after all of them were sold to Europe. But still imo that Santos was one of the best attacking-minded teams that I've seen in my life. Don't know if any of you guys in Europe got to see any of their games?

That team was really good.

And i believe you can download some games with the Torrent software.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Klumpie wrote:
    Nope, I've never seen a match of Santos. There is a channel where you can watch the brasilian competition, but you have to pay for that channel. And most of the games are at midnight, so that's a problem too.

But last week I've seen on the internet River Plate - Boca Juniors and it wasn't really a great match. But the atmosphere was fantastic. I've to see more matches of the South-American competition to get a good opinion.

Yeah, Boca-River matches are only good for the historic rivalry and the general atmosphere of the game. They're very poor when it comes to good football, and A LOT of times they end on 0-0 or other kind of draws.

If you wanna see good football, you're WAY better off watching those teams playing separately against other teams.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    Klumpie wrote:

yeah those games are usually very tight cause nobody wants to loose, the 2nd half was pretty good though. As Pearl_Juli said is better to watch them play against other teams.
    brhf9 wrote:
    That team was really good.

And i believe you can download some games with the Torrent software.

there's 3 games from them that I will always remember, one in the final of the Brazilian Championship in 2002 don't remember against who but Robinho was simply unstoppable, it was like watching Pele in colors. And a couple of games from the Copa Libertadores, one that they destroyed America from Colombia 5-0 IN Colombia where is usually very tough, Santos just gave a recital of great football with plays like you would see in a Nike commercial. An another one against Nacional in Uruguay that ended in a 4-4 draw, a game that Santos were far superior but didn't win because of their crazy attacking-minded style/spirit. And because of that Boca being a more solid and experienced team beat them in the final.
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Yeah, Boca-River matches are only good for the historic rivalry and the general atmosphere of the game. They're very poor when it comes to good football, and A LOT of times they end on 0-0 or other kind of draws.

If you wanna see good football, you're WAY better off watching those teams playing separately against other teams.
    Towerman wrote:
    yeah those games are usually very tight cause nobody wants to loose, the 2nd half was pretty good though. As Pearl_Juli said is better to watch them play against other teams.

2 the same answers...I will see if I can watch some matches on the internet. Only problem on the internet is that you miss sometimes important things of the match.
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    Towerman wrote:
    there's 3 games from them that I will always remember, one in the final of the Brazilian Championship in 2002 don't remember against who but Robinho was simply unstoppable, it was like watching Pele in colors. And a couple of games from the Copa Libertadores, one that they destroyed America from Colombia 5-0 IN Colombia where is usually very tough, Santos just gave a recital of great football with plays like you would see in a Nike commercial. An another one against Nacional in Uruguay that ended in a 4-4 draw, a game that Santos were far superior but didn't win because of their crazy attacking-minded style/spirit. And because of that Boca being a more solid and experienced team beat them in the final.

The final game was against Corinthians.

Link (part1): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck_H9A_uNoU

part deux: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T1sk0WWWH4

And that Colombia game was the one where the crown stood up and started applauding Robinho because of his performance at the field that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3tVU-FxRnw&mode=related&search=

And Capello keeps him on the bench...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
    brhf9 wrote:
    The final game was against Corinthians.

Link (part1): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck_H9A_uNoU

part deux: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T1sk0WWWH4

And that Colombia game was the one where the crown stood up and started applauding Robinho because of his performance at the field that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3tVU-FxRnw&mode=related&search=

And Capello keeps him on the bench...

I really despise Capello man... and yeah I remember the whole stadium in Colombia applauding Santos, very nice gesture not to common. The video you posted though is from a different game.
    just saw Werder Bremen beat bayern Munich 3-1, great game.... Diego showed again that he's pure class, I hope that Dunga gives him a chance in the national team.
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    hey i am back ....well hamburg is out of the cl (but hey it was a very good goal from troche,but it din´t help).so i hope in the bundesliga that today gonna be the first win!!!It has to be...hey and manu clash with liverpool today:D
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    hey i am back ....well hamburg is out of the cl (but hey it was a very good goal from troche,but it din´t help).so i hope in the bundesliga that today gonna be the first win!!!It has to be...hey and manu clash with liverpool today:D
    no surprises Hamburg is out :D

I still have nightmares of last season's game at Old Trafford..damn Rio Ferdinand..
    am alittle confident we can get a 1-0 win today..maybe another thunderbolt from Riise,Alonso or Garcia.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!
    YNWA
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA

welcome back

good luck today with hamburg.

today in Holland it's super sunday, with only top-matches and derbies.

AZ - PSV & Feyenoord - Ajax are the most important matches.
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Klumpie wrote:

AZ - PSV & Feyenoord - Ajax are the most important matches.

Ahum... H'veen - FC Groningen? This is the game of the year for the North, just like NEC - Vitesse...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
    parel jam wrote:
    Ahum... H'veen - FC Groningen? This is the game of the year for the North, just like NEC - Vitesse...

hahaha, I know you would post this. :D

But I agree with you, I'm more intrested in H'veen - Groningen then Feyenoord - Ajax.
    Klumpie wrote:
    hahaha, I know you would post this. :D

But I agree with you, I'm more intrested in H'veen - Groningen then Feyenoord - Ajax.

Agree, and then I'm even more interested in NEC-Vitesse than Feynooit - Ajakkes (even tough a second cousin of mine used to play for Ajax and one is now playing for Feynooit).

I used to live in Arnhem for a while and all my friends were fans of NEC...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
    parel jam wrote:
    Agree, and then I'm even more interested in NEC-Vitesse than Feynooit - Ajakkes (even tough a second cousin of mine used to play for Ajax and one is now playing for Feynooit).

I used to live in Arnhem for a while and all my friends were fans of NEC...

So you're coming out a real football family. You're not family from Buys or something.

Vitesse - NEC is intresting, but also Utrecht - ADO is intresting. Feyenoord - Ajax are most of the times not really intresting.
    Klumpie wrote:
    So you're coming out a real football family. You're not family from Buys or something.

Buys is a cool player - I hope he will not make it with Feyenooit and get back to Groningen, just like what happened to Matthijs in the year 2000 or 2001 (he used to play 1 year for AZ and returned).

Well, my surname is Vlaar (you'll know it by now).

And from my mother's side Van der Vaart is family in law.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫