The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Christian Karembous wife was the nicest, or maybe louise redknapp, jamie redknapps wife.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    You're all on crack.

Ilary Blasi is smokin' hot. Verena Kerth is a tad on the young side for Ollie Kahn, but she's pretty sweet, too. And Melanie Slade and Cheryl Tweedy? WHOOOO!!!!!!!!!
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    Klumpie wrote:
    We won, so you can say congrats. But it was dramatic, it was even worser then how Germany played BEFORE the WC. I heard Germany played pretty well, yesterday. Even Gunter Netzer was optimistic about the national team.

okey;) so sounds good for yes and yes we played wow ...anyways schweini is gettin better and better

by the way watch yesterday Deutschland-Ein Sommernachtstraum ...the movie
    wow i was really crying when the match vs italy was showing and the players where so done...

the hole was so wow and by the way the men/boys look so hot;)
    but the most point was the work of klinnsmann and löw and i am really optimistic that we get into the euro and win it with such team
    bec. Löw is really good ;)
    so back to foothball :

HSV VS Schalke -first three points for us;)
    St.Pauli vs HSV II of course you know who will win this:D
    HSV II for shure:D
    Stuttgart vs Leverkusen (gomez is playing here:D)
    Bochum vs Bremen
    bayern vs Berlin(my both most hated vs each other)
    Wigan vs Manu come on red devils...
    Boro vs Everton (i think they loose again or?)

i hope reading gonna beat chelsea:D
    and hsv is intrested in jan Schlauderraff;) yeap !!!
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    brhf9 wrote:

I would have to say this 1 lol

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/4702/clipboard01fk4.png

I think Cheryl Tweedy is very pretty that isn't a good pic of her, wot is Ashley Cole meant to be in that pic haha Does anyone think Joe Cole's girlfriend is nice looking, her face i mean?? She's funny looking
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    fuck mrs cheryl greedy and her husband...............................................................Leyton Orient are the massive London club
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Boca and River were eliminated from the Copa Sudamericana (South American Cup). Kinda funny considering that teams such as Lanus, Gimnasia L.P. and San Lorenzo (from Argentina) were able to make it to quaterfinals... and it feels odd considering that we won this cup these last 2 years in a row :o

Yeah, so the quaterfinals look like this:

Lanús vs. Pachuca
    Nacional vs. Atl. Paranaense
    Colo Colo vs. Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata
    San Lorenzo vs. Toluca

I think they now need to change the name to "Copa Latinoamericana" (or Latinamerican Cup) since now it also includes teams from central and North America, although I don't think USA teams have participated??? so I suppose Latinamerican Cup would be fine. Even though it sounds lame :p

P.S.: I hope Lavolpe leaves ASAP. We need Basile back.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    What was the score for the Boca game last night?

I saw River x Atletico and it was a nice match. That River player (long hair dude, #10) played very well.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
    brhf9 wrote:
    What was the score for the Boca game last night?

I saw River x Atletico and it was a nice match. That River player (long hair dude, #10) played very well.

2-1 for Boca, but since we lost 2-1 in Nacional's stadium, we had to go to penalties, where we lost. Nacional's goalkeeper did a great job.

So I just checked who was #10 for that game: Gallardo. Gallardo?? I thought you were perhaps talking about Higuain or Belluschi. Gallardo is the one who kicked the penalty. I didn't watch the game, so what do I know, maybe Gallardo was the best on the field.

♪ Juli ♪
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    2-1 for Boca, but since we lost 2-1 in Nacional's stadium, we had to go to penalties, where we lost. Nacional's goalkeeper did a great job.

So I just checked who was #10 for that game: Gallardo. Gallardo?? I thought you were perhaps talking about Higuain or Belluschi. Gallardo is the one who kicked the penalty. I didn't watch the game, so what do I know, maybe Gallardo was the best on the field.

Sorry to hear you lost. Is that coach still in the saddle?
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    Sorry to hear you lost. Is that coach still in the saddle?

It's ok. Yeah he's still with us, and he'll probably be for a little while. If he leaves, we don't have too many options anyway, at least until December when a few coaches' contracts with other clubs expire. Lavolpe was a sorta last minute deal, there wasn't many people to choose from :o

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    It's ok. Yeah he's still with us, and he'll probably be for a little while. If he leaves, we don't have too many options anyway, at least until December when a few coaches' contracts with other clubs expire. Lavolpe was a sorta last minute deal, there wasn't many people to choose from :o

We have the same situation regarding the striker postion.:p
    We have the same situation regarding the striker postion.:p

Hope you find a good striker soon then! :D

Who's your current one? Any possible new ones or ones the club has an eye on?

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Hope you find a good striker soon then! :D

Who's your current one? Any possible new ones or ones the club has an eye on?

Well we have Farfan, but he usually plays from the right. Kone has played there the last few matches. We have Beerens a youngster, but he plays left wing as does Tardelli. Kluivert is injury prone. Culina and Affelay really are midfielders, but can play on the wing. We need goals. There was a Croatia/Brazilian dude on the list and apperantly they are watching another Brazilian player. I guess we will have to wait and see.:(
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    Well we have Farfan, but he usually plays from the right. Kone has played there the last few matches. We have Beerens a youngster, but he plays left wing as does Tardelli. Kluivert is injury prone. Culina and Affelay really are midfielders, but can play on the wing. We need goals. There was a Croatia/Brazilian dude on the list and apperantly they are watching another Brazilian player. I guess we will have to wait and see.:(

What brazilian player? Do you know the name?

And has Tardelli played yet?
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    JOHN TERRY in goal!!!!!!

Wow, Chelsea's keepers took a beating today.

Great win for United today. Rooney back on form, hope he goes from strength to strength.
    brhf9 wrote:
    What brazilian player? Do you know the name?

And has Tardelli played yet?

I have asked about him a few weeks ago. I can't remember the name, I would have to ask Klumpie he mentioned it.

Yes Tardelli played in four matches or so. Basically he's been in the starting eleven ever since his papers were in order. He has scored one goal, but that one had a foul smell to it. Not that he could help it, but in his back the goalie lay on the ground with a broken leg. Both Koné and Tardelli were too caught up in the game to notice and the goalie was outside the box. So they really can't be blamed that much. PSV might have done better letting the other team score one back though.
    In the Champions league he had a bit of trouble, but he worked hard and kept on trying. He had a cross that should have allowed a goal, but Vayrynen went for the ball with his foot instead of trying to go for the header. In the second half he was very important in the creation of the only goal in the match against Bordeaux. He had switched wings, he now came in from the right and he forced the defender back and then he passed him going inside on the level of the penalty box. He kept calm and had an over all view to pick out Mika Vayrynen who came forward from midfield. Vayrynen passed the ball back to the edge of the box to Koné and Mika kept his penetrating run going. Koné held the ball shortly and than flicked it on to Vayrynen who was now slipping between two defenders going into the box to beat the goalie.

It was one of the best goals I saw this season. And very important as well.:D
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    I have asked about him a few weeks ago. I can't remember the name, I would have to ask Klumpie he mentioned it.

Are we talking about Kerlon:confused: He will not come. It will be a new peruvian player, but I don't know his name.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Are we talking about Kerlon:confused: He will not come. It will be a new peruvian player, but I don't know his name.

No not Kerlon. Het was een verbraziliaanste Nederlandse voornaam. Zoiets als Marcelo of Henrique. I don't know. You mentioned him only ones and asked if I knew him.
    No not Kerlon. Het was een verbraziliaanste Nederlandse voornaam. Zoiets als Marcelo of Henrique. I don't know. You mentioned him only ones and asked if I knew him.

Sorry, I have no idea.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Sorry, I have no idea.

I guess will never know.:D Who was that Peru player you mentioned?
    I guess will never know.:D Who was that Peru player you mentioned?

Read my post, de Visser told about him. But he didn't mentioned his name.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Read my post, de Visser told about him. But he didn't mentioned his name.

So it's just that P de V knows a new player? Not much to go on. I hope that he found one that will come in the winter.
    So it's just that P de V knows a new player? Not much to go on. I hope that he found one that will come in the winter.

He will come, but I prefer a left back. Maybe Maxwell ;)
    Klumpie wrote:
    He will come, but I prefer a left back. Maybe Maxwell ;)

I would like a left back to, Maxwell would be great. I would like to see more goals though. I think Lamey can play there and With Salcido and Alex in his back we shouldn't get in too much trouble.

If Maxwell would come, I think that would be on loan. Or does Inter want to sell? I don't know how serious that story is.
    I would like a left back to, Maxwell would be great. I would like to see more goals though. I think Lamey can play there and With Salcido and Alex in his back we shouldn't get in too much trouble.

If Maxwell would come, I think that would be on loan. Or does Inter want to sell? I don't know how serious that story is.

Inter has so many players, so he plays in Inter 3 or something. I prefer the left back. And maybe Steven Rottier could buy Vennegoor back.;)
    Klumpie wrote:
    Inter has so many players, so he plays in Inter 3 or something. I prefer the left back. And maybe Steven Rottier could buy Vennegoor back.;)

Steven Rottier? Who is he?
    Steven Rottier? Who is he?

The guy who wants to buy Feyenoord. ;)
    Klumpie wrote:
    The guy who wants to buy Feyenoord. ;)

How do you know that? I have never heard a name being mentioned. It has been very hush hush so far.