The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Klumpie wrote:
    I heard Juventus want him in the winter. But Barca bought a option to buy him first. I hope he stays for Boca an other 2 years or something.

Yeah, the Juve talk has been going on ever since he started playing for Boca, even before he started to be "big." I too hope he stays there for at least 2 more years :) Either way, whoever they sell would have to leave after they play the Libertadores Cup, so after July I believe.

EDIT: Even though I like Barca, I'd rather see him go to Juve, since it seems like he'll have more play-time over there.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Yeah, the Juve talk has been going on ever since he started playing for Boca, even before he started to be "big." I too hope he stays there for at least 2 more years :) Either way, whoever they sell would have to leave after they play the Libertadores Cup, so after July I believe.

EDIT: Even though I like Barca, I'd rather see him go to Juve, since it seems like he'll have more play-time over there.

I prefer PSV above Barca or Juve. He can learn the European culture here, he can play every match and he can play CL. If I were him, I would go to PSV. :D

PSV has alot of experience with South American players like Romario, Ronaldo, Farfan, Mendez, Alex and Gomes. ;)
    Klumpie wrote:
    I prefer PSV above Barca or Juve. He can learn the European culture here, he can play every match and he can play CL. If I were him, I would go to PSV. :D

PSV has alot of experience with South American players like Romario, Ronaldo, Farfan, Mendez, Alex and Gomes. ;)

Haha, yeah. That would be nice. If he ever plays there and you start to see the results of him playing there and his "magic," you'll love him as much as I do now that he's in Boca! :p haha :)

I doubt that would happen though :( Argentine players usually go to Italian or Spanish teams, and they don't do very well anywhere else...although there are exceptions.

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Haha, yeah. That would be nice. If he ever plays there and you start to see the results of him playing there and his "magic," you'll love him as much as I do now that he's in Boca! :p haha :)

I doubt that would happen though :( Argentine players usually go to Italian or Spanish teams, and they don't do very well anywhere else...although there are exceptions.

That's true and we had only 2 Argentinian players with PSV. I don't know anymore how the first one was called. He played also for CSKA Moscow. The other is Carrizo and he's playing in PSV2 at the moment.

Oh yeah, the first one was Ferayrra or something like that.
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    My fave player from Argentina - Gabby Amato *bows
    Look at him taking the piss outa celtic :D

amatogm0.gif

NUTMEG!!!
  • dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    Towerman wrote:
    where's Gerrard???
    Suspended from tomorrow's match.
    My fave Argie - Gabby Amato *bows
    Look at him taking the piss outa celtic :D

amatogm0.gif

NUTMEG!!!

haha, that's class! :D freakin' awesome. Never heard of him before though :o

EDIT: oh! and the other day I learned that Argie is not a nice term to use, since the English came up with it during the Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas) war...Before that I thought it was just a cute word, like Aussie, and I even used it A LOT, but apparently it's not :(
    So I guess I'm *supposed* to say: Bad Leann bad! :p haha :D

♪ Juli ♪
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Klumpie wrote:

If I remember correctly Hiddink tried to sign him two years back. Anyway we need a good striker in the winter. If it is playing time he want he would be better off joining PSV.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    haha, that's class! :D freakin' awesome. Never heard of him before though :o

EDIT: oh! and the other day I learned that Argie is not a nice term to use, since the English came up with it during the Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas) war...Before that I thought it was just a cute word, like Aussie, and I even used it A LOT, but apparently it's not :(
    So I guess I'm *supposed* to say: Bad Leann bad! :p haha :D

OPPS!! Ahhhh from the English it's insulting..from a Scot it's a term of endearment heh i edited check out my reason ;)

Yeh i didn't think you would know him he played for us years ago and you are just a young thing. He was such class tho. Claudio Caniggia wasn't a bad player for us either! Bad Leeann? thats twice i've been called that today ..i kinda like it :D
    Klumpie wrote:
    That's true and we had only 2 Argentinian players with PSV. I don't know anymore how the first one was called. He played also for CSKA Moscow. The other is Carrizo and he's playing in PSV2 at the moment.

Oh yeah, the first one was Ferayrra or something like that.

Yup that's the one. I have always found that a strange move. Why didn't he get a real chance? The only position he played was left back and that doesn't sem like his position. Oh well he's gone now.
    Pearl_Juli wrote:

We had quite a few in Holland, but not as much as Italy and Spain. Too bad we could use some good Argie players.
    If I remember correctly Hiddink tried to sign him two years back. Anyway we need a good striker in the winter. If it is playing time he want he would be better off joining PSV.

I didn't know that. I heard about Gago and Robinho at that moment, but I missed that of Palacio.
    Yup that's the one. I have always found that a strange move. Why didn't he get a real chance? The only position he played was left back and that doesn't sem like his position. Oh well he's gone now.

Ferrayra was a good player, I don't know either why he didn't get a real chance.
    We had quite a few in Holland, but not as much as Italy and Spain. Too bad we could use some good Argie players.

Julio Ricardo Cruz was the best Argentinian player that I saw in Holland, are/were there other Argentinian players except of Rosales in Holland????
    Klumpie wrote:
    Julio Ricardo Cruz was the best Argentinian player that I saw in Holland, are/were there other Argentinian players except of Rosales in Holland????

Not as good as these two, but Feyenoord had Graff and Sanchez, Bombarda played for Groningen, Willem II and Feyenoord and Ajax had Gabrich and another midfielder.
    Not as good as these two, but Feyenoord had Graff and Sanchez, Bombarda played for Groningen, Willem II and Feyenoord and Ajax had Gabrich and another midfielder.

Yes, Sanchez was a good one too. And Ajax had another midfielder??? I wonder who that is??? Can't be good :D:D
    Klumpie wrote:
    I didn't know that. I heard about Gago and Robinho at that moment, but I missed that of Palacio.

Ferrayra was a good player, I don't know either why he didn't get a real chance.

I believe the Palacio rumour came after Gago and Tevez. I heard it around the time Hiddink went down to Boca to talk to them about some possible club relationship.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Yes, Sanchez was a good one too. And Ajax had another midfielder??? I wonder who that is??? Can't be good :D:D

I remember now. His name was Juan I think. It was in the last few seasons of van Gaal, he didn't play that much. I always liked Bombarda.
    I remember now. His name was Juan I think. It was in the last few seasons of van Gaal, he didn't play that much. I always liked Bombarda.

Yep, Juan is the name. Wasn't a great player. Bombarda was more a dutchman, but ok. I liked him too.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Yep, Juan is the name. Wasn't a great player. Bombarda was more a dutchman, but ok. I liked him too.

Yes I guess you could see him as some sort of Dutchman. He came to Holland on a different note and ended up playing football, that is a big difference. He was raised in Argie though.
    OPPS!! Ahhhh from the English it's insulting..from a Scot it's a term of endearment heh i edited check out my reason ;)

Yeh i didn't think you would know him he played for us years ago and you are just a young thing. He was such class tho. Claudio Caniggia wasn't a bad player for us either! Bad Leeann? thats twice i've been called that today ..i kinda like it :D

I'm kidding of course. Someone told me about it the other, so I shared it as trivia, but yeah, I don't take it as an insult coming from anyone, unless it's an English person. Even I use that term, so it's not a big deal :p

Caniggia was great. Palacio has the Caniggia playing style. And I LIKE IT! :D

♪ Juli ♪
  • my prediction for tonight:
    Croatia 4 - 2 England

crouch scores, and lampard wins a penalty in the first half. mladen petric gets a hat trick, and jamie carragher makes a dodgy backpass leading to an own goal by terry. thats what i hope for anyway.
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    my prediction for tonight:
    Croatia 4 - 2 England

crouch scores, and lampard wins a penalty in the first half. mladen petric gets a hat trick, and jamie carragher makes a dodgy backpass leading to an own goal by terry. thats what i hope for anyway.

oh that´s a though one;)

i think germany win´s too !!!!

ubs the U 21 of germany lost vs england 2:0 (0:1) to bad for our youth no WM no euro no Olympia this year ...so the young german lady´s have to be germans pride;)
    oh that´s a though one;)

i think germany win´s too !!!!

ubs the U 21 of germany lost vs england 2:0 (0:1) to bad for our youth no WM no euro no Olympia this year ...so the young german lady´s have to be germans pride;)

I heard it, and I thought you guys had a very good youth :confused:

What opponont has Germany tonight????
    Today Argentina plays against Spain in an international friendly.

I'm not gonna predict anything, because how I see it, it could go either way.

♪ Juli ♪
    Klumpie wrote:
    I heard it, and I thought you guys had a very good youth :confused:

What opponont has Germany tonight????

acctually yes i mean just two where missing ?? so i still can´t understand it
    and yesterday where so many misstakes done speccially the line up was a dissaster and even Gomez was playing nightmare

tonight slowakia and we lost vs them last time so it will be heard but i think we can do it ...
    acctually yes i mean just two where missing ?? so i still can´t understand it
    and yesterday where so many misstakes done speccially the line up was a dissaster and even Gomez was playing nightmare

tonight slowakia and we lost vs them last time so it will be heard but i think we can do it ...

oh well, that's a pity but good luck for tonight.
    Klumpie wrote:
    oh well, that's a pity but good luck for tonight.

yea it´s more than a pity ....thanx for the luck !!!Hope troche plays too (maybe in the second half)
  • dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    Well, back to square bloody one for England.

And looks like Scotland are about to fall, too.
  • DercheefDercheef Posts: 732
    35 minutes into the game we are 3-0 in front against Slovakia. The Slovakians are pretty bad.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
    Holland - Albanian (2-1) :mad: van Basten ROT OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!