The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    P.S.: Dear readers, please excuse the excessive use of the words "fuck" and "hell." Thank You.

I counted a few stupids, and a crap too ;) Damn but like u said still king of cups! When Rangers get beat off celtic which has happened too much recently :| i have to avoid people and places for days, it's not fun. Chin up
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    I counted a few stupids, and a crap too ;) Damn but like u said still king of cups! When Rangers get beat off celtic which has happened too much recently :| i have to avoid people and places for days, it's not fun. Chin up

haha, same here. Except that I'm not really avoiding anyone, I just remind them of everything we just did and we'll do, unlike them ;)

Either way, congrats to Towerman. He must be happy :p
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    Sooooo...yeah. The Argentina vs. Spain game is on Wednesday. I don't know if it's being broadcasted or not, but I'll check it out if I can :)

♪ Juli ♪
    Random thought:

I've just come to the realization that Lavolpe screwed up our perfect winning team. Since he's been the coach (about 3 or 4 games ago), other teams, including small ones, have been able to break into our defense and score quite a few goals, unlike Basile's team which no one, or very few, could score against. We've also been seeing a lot of red cards. And the team as a whole has been more unorganized and messy, compared to Basile's little machine.

So yeah, Lavolpe trying to impose his "methods" on this already winning team completely ruined it.

Now, if everything stays like this, I'm beginning to have my doubts about any possible championship, be it league or international :o

Will Lavolpe change/improve his way or will a new coach come to the rescue? Or will this be another team's year? I guess nobody knows yet... :)

♪ Juli ♪
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Random thought:

I've just come to the realization that Lavolpe screwed up our perfect winning team. Since he's been the coach (about 3 or 4 games ago), other teams, including small ones, have been able to break into our defense and score quite a few goals, unlike Basile's team which no one, or very few, could score against. We've also been seeing a lot of red cards. And the team as a whole has been more unorganized and messy, compared to Basile's little machine.

So yeah, Lavolpe trying to impose his "methods" on this already winning team completely ruined it.

Now, if everything stays like this, I'm beginning to have my doubts about any possible championship, be it league or international :o

Will Lavolpe change/improve his way or will a new coach come to the rescue? Or will this be another team's year? I guess nobody knows yet... :)

Maybe, but he will be soon gone. If he's keep loosing. ;) But give him the time, he will need it.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Maybe, but he will be soon gone. If he's keep loosing. ;) But give him the time, he will need it.

yeah, that's what everyone says, and it's right...haha. I hope he either finds his way soon, or leaves if he doesn't :p I guess I'm just not patient enough? :o haha :D

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    yeah, that's what everyone says, and it's right...haha. I hope he either finds his way soon, or leaves if he doesn't :p I guess I'm just not patient enough? :o haha :D

In Holland we say 'Geduld is een schone zaak' something like patience will be reward.
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Mibee, the kilt is tempting hah! :)!?!

Hey you guys did really well so far, beating France is very very good. If you get a draw against Sheva and friends you are already on 10 points. Good going.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    Klumpie wrote:
    In Holland we say 'Geduld is een schone zaak' something like patience will be reward.

Yeah your reward is grey hair.:D:p
    Yeah your reward is grey hair.:D:p

I hear you're frustrated about it. ;):p:D
    Klumpie wrote:
    I hear you're frustrated about it. ;):p:D

No you heard wrong. I am quite happy with my grey hair.;)

It's better to be grey than bald.:D
    No you heard wrong. I am quite happy with my grey hair.;)

It's better to be grey than bald.:D

:D Ok, back to football.

Did you enjoy the match of Holland?
    Klumpie wrote:
    :D Ok, back to football.

Did you enjoy the match of Holland?

I did like it better than most matches I've seen. I think van Pesie and Sneijder were very good. Robben and Babel weren't too good. Overal I think they played OK.
    I did like it better than most matches I've seen. I think van Pesie and Sneijder were very good. Robben and Babel weren't too good. Overal I think they played OK.

Oh yeah, it was better then against Luxemburg. But I'm not suprised if they play a bad match against Albanian.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Oh yeah, it was better then against Luxemburg. But I'm not suprised if they play a bad match against Albanian.

I think you are wise not to expect greatness. I guess in some ways it isn't that weird with a very young squad like the Dutch one. Too bad we don't have any older players, or wait a minute we do.:D
    I think you are wise not to expect greatness. I guess in some ways it isn't that weird with a very young squad like the Dutch one. Too bad we don't have any older players, or wait a minute we do.:D

Which older players:confused:;)
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Hey you guys did really well so far, beating France is very very good. If you get a draw against Sheva and friends you are already on 10 points. Good going.
    Still high on that. Barry Ferguson was immense.
    Got tough games ahead but who would have thought Scotland would be in this position.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Which older players:confused:;)

I have no I idea, I just thought it was a good thing to say.;) I wish Davids, van Nistelrooij or van Bommel were Dutch players they could really balance this young squad somewhat. Too bad these players aren't Dutch.:D
    Still high on that. Barry Ferguson was immense.
    Got tough games ahead but who would have thought Scotland would be in this position.

Sure you have some tough matches ahead of you, but Italy, Ukraine and France will eat points of off each other, that is in favour of your boys in blue.;)
    I have no I idea, I just thought it was a good thing to say.;) I wish Davids, van Nistelrooij or van Bommel were Dutch players they could really balance this young squad somewhat. Too bad these players aren't Dutch.:D

Oh these guys aren't good enough :D

hmmmm, I just think Landzaat, Babel and De Jong are better. :rolleyes:

hmmmmmmm, maybe not. ;)
  • TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Either way, congrats to Towerman. He must be happy :p

hahahah, cool.... I always liked River Plate so yeah I'm very happy, honestly I didn't expect such a clear win like this, specially the 2nd half. River played the game as it if was the last game they would ever play in their lives. As you said Belluschi seemed to be EVERYWHERE on the pitch, incredible and Higuain was just unstopabble, now Passarella will find a hard time to find a place for Gallardo and Ortega in the team.

And Boca, well I still don't know why Lavolpe didn't put Barros-Schelotto in the game, altough he's not what he was in his prime, he's the kind of players that you just don't leave out of a "clasico". When I saw Delgado and the other two new kids coming in instead of him, that's when I knew there was no way for Boca to win it.
    At least now, the league looks much more interesting.....
    speaking as a child of the 90's
    Towerman wrote:
    hahahah, cool.... I always liked River Plate so yeah I'm very happy, honestly I didn't expect such a clear win like this, specially the 2nd half. River played the game as it if was the last game they would ever play in their lives. As you said Belluschi seemed to be EVERYWHERE on the pitch, incredible and Higuain was just unstopabble, now Passarella will find a hard time to find a place for Gallardo and Ortega in the team.

And Boca, well I still don't know why Lavolpe didn't put Barros-Schelotto in the game, altough he's not what he was in his prime, he's the kind of players that you just don't leave out of a "clasico". When I saw Delgado and the other two new kids coming in instead of him, that's when I knew there was no way for Boca to win it.
    At least now, the league looks much more interesting.....

Yep, I agree with ya, on everything you just said.

And yes! The league is looking like the EPL now! :D haha. Dude...even Arsenal and Estudiantes are right there having a chance :p it'll be a more thrilling, edge-of-your sit tournament, that's for sure :)

♪ Juli ♪
    Klumpie wrote:
    Oh these guys aren't good enough :D

hmmmm, I just think Landzaat, Babel and De Jong are better. :rolleyes:

hmmmmmmm, maybe not. ;)

Sure Landzaat, Babel and de Jong are better, but I think we could field even better players if Bassie would only select Gregoor van Dijk, Marc-Jan Fleddereus and Sjaak Polak.:D
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Yep, I agree with ya, on everything you just said.

And yes! The league is looking like the EPL now! :D haha. Dude...even Arsenal and Estudiantes are right there having a chance :p it'll be a more thrilling, edge-of-your sit tournament, that's for sure :)

the 2nd half that Boca has pending with Gimnasia is gonna be crucial...

and you heard about Higuain? he was born in France when his father used to play there in the 80's and apparently his mother is also French, last year he was called for the Argentina National sub-20 team but in order to play he needed to renounce his french citizenship and at the time his father decided that it would be better to keep his french passport for an eventual transfer to Europe but now that he's getting attention from the media and since Basile has said that he wants to call mostly players from the local league he has to decide whether he wants to play for Argentina or France.... He could turn (i hope not) into the new Trezeguet
    Towerman wrote:
    the 2nd half that Boca has pending with Gimnasia is gonna be crucial...

and you heard about Higuain? he was born in France when his father used to play there in the 80's and apparently his mother is also French, last year he was called for the Argentina National sub-20 team but in order to play he needed to renounce his french citizenship and at the time his father decided that it would be better to keep his french passport for an eventual transfer to Europe but now that he's getting attention from the media and since Basile has said that he wants to call mostly players from the local league he has to decide whether he wants to play for Argentina or France.... He could turn (i hope not) into the new Trezeguet

Whoa...didn't know about that. Interesting.

Let's hope he decides to play for Argentina. Darn...the supply of good players that we have is unbelievable. I'm extremely glad Basile will take into consideration players from the local league first :D

♪ Juli ♪
  • dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    3-5-2, Stevie Mac. For f***'s sake, just do it.

Robinson

Neville
    King
    Terry

Wright-Phillips
    Lampard
    Carrick
    Carragher
    Cole (who hates defending anyway)

Rooney
    Crouch
    dkst0426 wrote:
    3-5-2, Stevie Mac. For f***'s sake, just do it.

Robinson

Neville
    King
    Terry

Wright-Phillips
    Lampard
    Carrick
    Carragher
    Cole (who hates defending anyway)

Rooney
    Crouch

where's Gerrard???
    Palacio will maybe move to Barcalona this winter.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Palacio will maybe move to Barcalona this winter.

:eek: :eek: WHAT???? :eek: :eek:

That's some crappy news. Or rumors I should say. Boca was trying to keep him for a few more years, and according to them, the deal was pretty much closed, and Palacio wanted to stay as well. The one I've actually heard was gonna go to Europe around winter was Gago. Which would suck too, but no as much as giving Palacio away.

What would suck the most about a transfer to Barca, is that his talent will be wasted on the bench. Barca is full of good players who are already established there, so Palacio would go to the bench, and we will not be able to see his magic on the field anymore. It would be just...SAD :(

Ok, good thing is that's just a "MAYBE" :)

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    :eek: :eek: WHAT???? :eek: :eek:

That's some crappy news. Or rumors I should say. Boca was trying to keep him for a few more years, and according to them, the deal was pretty much closed, and Palacio wanted to stay as well. The one I've actually heard was gonna go to Europe around winter was Gago. Which would suck too, but no as much as giving Palacio away.

What would suck the most about a transfer to Barca, is that his talent will be wasted on the bench. Barca is full of good players who are already established there, so Palacio would go to the bench, and we will not be able to see his magic on the field anymore. It would be just...SAD :(

Ok, good thing is that's just a "MAYBE" :)

I heard Juventus want him in the winter. But Barca bought a option to buy him first. I hope he stays for Boca an other 2 years or something.