The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    Chelsea, Real MAdrid and Barcelona people are all gonna be present this sunday in Buenos Aires at the "super-clasico"
    Boca vs River Plate.... apparently Gago and Palacio are the ones that will be watched. Gago is like a clone of Fernando Redondo who used to play for Real Madrid and Palacio could be compared to Caniggia, very similar style.

Inter should get rid of all the 7 or 8 overrated argentines they have(minus the great Zanetti) and get these pair instead imo.
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    HA! no...I mean, it's not like we NEVER won against Holland before, we won the World Cup FINAL against them already! :p

I'm just saying, just like the Boca-River matches...sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose ;)

Btw...I hope Boca scores more than 2 goals on Sunday.

You can stick your tongue out, but we are in the final and Argentna isn't :p:D

And good luck with Boca :)
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    I wasn't on there...but now I am :D I just joined.

Yay! we need more lassies
    My friend Scotty is on there arguing with them all every day :o:D

As for the Boca game i'm gonna check my TV listings now as it's a game i'd love to watch. Good luck chica as i know these games mean so much more to the fans than a game of football!
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Towerman wrote:
    Chelsea, Real MAdrid and Barcelona people are all gonna be present this sunday in Buenos Aires at the "super-clasico"
    Boca vs River Plate.... apparently Gago and Palacio are the ones that will be watched. Gago is like a clone of Fernando Redondo who used to play for Real Madrid and Palacio could be compared to Caniggia, very similar style.

Inter should get rid of all the 7 or 8 overrated argentines they have(minus the great Zanetti) and get these pair instead imo.

I hope hope *HOPE* nodoby takes Palacio, at least not for a few more years :p
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • As for the Boca game i'm gonna check my TV listings now as it's a game i'd love to watch. Good luck chica as i know these games mean so much more to the fans than a game of football!

I want to watch the game also, i hope Boca kicks some "millonarios" ass :D
    Also becuase i would like to see someone like Lavolpe make it big time in Argentina, he really deserves it.
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Scotland 1
    France 0

Full time

Yeeeeeesssssssss!!!!!!
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    stu gee wrote:
    Scotland 1
    France 0

Full time

Yeeeeeesssssssss!!!!!!

Yep. So I've heard. Congrats! :)
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • MJSB74MJSB74 Posts: 75
    stu gee wrote:
    Scotland 1
    France 0

Full time

Yeeeeeesssssssss!!!!!!

Result!!!!

We are clearly now the best football team in the world! ahem...(takes tongue out of cheek.......)
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    MJSB74 wrote:
    Result!!!!

We are clearly now the best football team in the world! ahem...(takes tongue out of cheek.......)

Lol, maybe not yet, but soon!!

Cant complain with 3 wins from 3 in the qualifiers.

I saw england drew at home with macedonia as well today which was, ahem, devastating. lol

Shame about ireland though, saw they were getting beten by cyprus 5-2, and wales got hammered at home by slovakia as well.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    pleased to see Scotland win especially after Gallas's comments..now just hope Italy can win and close the gap with the top.

watching the Holland game now...praying hard that Kuyt's injury isnt bad especially with many important games coming up including a trip to Old Trafford.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    pleased to see Scotland win especially after Gallas's comments..now just hope Italy can win and close the gap with the top.

watching the Holland game now...praying hard that Kuyt's injury isnt bad especially with many important games coming up including a trip to Old Trafford.

It's something with the ankle, nobody really knows what it is right now.

This was a good match of Holland, it's a pity that we did not win this match. 1-1
    Congrats to the people of Scotland, I already told amentvedder that Scotland doesn't have to be affraid of France. France has quality players but it isn't a team. That they came that far at the WC was because of Zidane. Now is Zidane gone and France isn't a big team anymore.
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Klumpie wrote:
    Congrats to the people of Scotland, I already told amentvedder that Scotland doesn't have to be affraid of France. France has quality players but it isn't a team. That they came that far at the WC was because of Zidane. Now is Zidane gone and France isn't a big team anymore.
    U did :) They don't have Zidane, but then he might have head-butted someone anyway! I still think France: Coupet, Abidal, Thuram, Boumsong, Sagnol, Ribery (Wiltord 74), Vieira, Makelele, Malouda, Trezeguet (Saha 62), Henry is a "big" team, world cup finalists and it is a great result for us! Who would have said Scotland would top the group, 9 points in 3 games :) Only thing is right now i got to be lovin' on a celtic player :|

Italy won 2-0 tonight, 5 points behind us tho YAS!
    U did :) They don't have Zidane, but then he might have head-butted someone anyway! I still think France: Coupet, Abidal, Thuram, Boumsong, Sagnol, Ribery (Wiltord 74), Vieira, Makelele, Malouda, Trezeguet (Saha 62), Henry is a "big" team, world cup finalists and it is a great result for us! Who would have said Scotland would top the group, 9 points in 3 games :) Only thing is right now i got to be lovin' on a celtic player :|

Italy won 2-0 tonight, 5 points behind us tho YAS!

Oh yeah for Scotland is it a great result. But what I heard from you is that Scotland have a real team at the moment. And France don't have a TEAM at the moment. I would pick everyday a France player above of the Scottish one, but 11 great players don't make a great team. Look at Real Madrid. ;)
  • dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    Great win for Scotland. Well done. Shame bloody England couldn't follow suit.
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    congrates to schotland ....the english ,spanish and spcially french match was a dissaster
    and ireland was bad too .....

hey klumpie did you see the german match? and well how you find trochowski?

all you others may answer that too:):)
    Trochowski die Entdeckung beim Georgien-Test

Der Kleinste kam groß raus

Von Frank Menke

Ein wenig ungläubig saß Piotr Trochowski nach seinem gelungenen Einstand im Presseraum des Rostocker Ostseestadions. Ungläubig angesichts des über ihn hereinbrechenden Rummels, vielleicht aber auch selbst ein wenig überrascht von seiner rasanten Jungfernfahrt durchs deutsche Mittelfeld.

Stolz und selbstkritisch zugleich analysierte der 22-Jährige mit zarter Stimme seine Leistung: "Ich habe mir heute viel Mühe gegeben. Ich habe mir nicht so viele Gedanken gemacht, wie das Spiel laufen wird. Ich habe auf jeden Fall versucht, mir etwas zuzutrauen, offensiv zu spielen. Das ist auch relativ oft gelungen. Klar habe ich ab und zu auch mal dumme Ballverluste gehabt. Aber ich denke, für meinen Einstand habe ich die Sache ganz gut gemacht." Das dachten auch andere angesichts der großen Leistung des 1,69 Meter kleinen Mittelfeld-Antreibers.
    An Ballack orientiert

Nach seinem frechen Debüt gilt der Hamburger, der eigentlich einen festen Platz in der U21 hat, ab sofort als Aufsteiger mit Zukunft in der A-Nationalmannschaft. Bastian Schweinsteiger zollte dem Kleinsten im Team Respekt: "Ich kenne Piotr noch aus der Jugend. Es macht Spaß, mit ihm zu spielen. So kann es weitergehen." Trochowski wird's gern gehört haben. Zumal er im Löw-Team endlich einmal wieder auf seiner Stammposition ran durfte: im Mittelfeld hinter den Spitzen. Beim HSV ist diese Position von Rafael van der Vaart besetzt, weshalb "Trotsche", wenn er denn spielt, ins linke Mittelfeld ausweichen muss. Im Länderspieltest gegen Georgien bekam er Rückendeckung von Kapitän Michael Ballack. Der übernahm die Position vor der Abwehr und sicherte nach hinten ab, so dass sich Trochowski offensiv entfalten konnte. Artig bedankte sich der Debütant nach dem Abpfiff: "An solchen Spielern kann man sich orientieren. Wie Michael Ballack mich auf dem Platz geleitet hat, hat mir mein Spiel erleichtert."
    Löw: "Enorm agil und beweglich"

Die so gewonnen Freiheiten wusste Trochowski zu nutzen. Dank seines immensen Laufpensums war er praktisch omnipräsent im deutschen Mittelfeld. Im Nachhinein überraschte es auch nicht, dass der Wirbelwind die erste Chance für Deutschland hatte. Nur hauchdünn strich sein 25-Meter-Schuss in der siebten Minute über die Torlatte. Für zusätzliche Gefahr vor dem georgischen Tor sorgten seine Ecken von rechts. Selbst der Bundestrainer zeigte sich schwer beeindruckt von der Vorstellung des HSV-Profis: "Er hat in der Anfangsphase enorm agil und beweglich gespielt und viele Akzente gesetzt. Er hatte einige sehr, sehr gute Aktionen und hat insgesamt ein sehr gutes Spiel gemacht."
    Piotr bleibt bei den "Großen"

Den Unterschied zwischen U21 und A-Nationalmannschaft hatte Trochowski auch schnell herausgefunden: "Das Spiel ist schneller und die Spieler sind abgeklärter." Auf den abgeklärten Trochowski muss U21-Coach Dieter Eilts nun allerdings am Dienstag (10.10.06) im schweren EM-Playoff-Rückspiel gegen England verzichten. Der Junge wird beim EM-Qualifikationsspiel der "Großen" in der Slowakei gebraucht. Löw: "Piotr bleibt. Nach seinem sehr guten Spiel bei uns werden wir ihn nicht abgeben."
    hey klumpie did you see the german match? and well how you find trochowski?

all you others may answer that too:):)

Nope I didn't see it. Holland vs. Bulgarian was at the same time. So sorry I can't answer your question. But I have seen the goal of Schweinie. ;)

I did see England vs. Macedonian and Italy vs. Ukraine and a bit of Denmark vs. N. Ireland.
    I have to give my compliments to vPersie, I think he's really becoming a big footballer. And after Kuyt left the attack position, vPersie did an excellent job. Do we have the new vBasten????
    Klumpie wrote:
    Nope I didn't see it. Holland vs. Bulgarian was at the same time. So sorry I can't answer your question. But I have seen the goal of Schweinie. ;)

I did see England vs. Macedonian and Italy vs. Ukraine and a bit of Denmark vs. N. Ireland.

no problem ..yes schweini´s goal was brilliant;).i saw all in a breakup ..england was awful ...italy was ok...
    Klumpie wrote:
    I have to give my compliments to vPersie, I think he's really becoming a big footballer. And after Kuyt left the attack position, vPersie did an excellent job. Do we have the new vBasten????

i can´t stand him no matter how good he plays ...but he did a good job ...seems so maybe ...;)
    i can´t stand him no matter how good he plays ...but he did a good job ...seems so maybe ...;)

No he's becoming a nice boy. Although sometimes he's a crazy motherfucker. But he's a great footballer, really great. First we in Holland thought that vdVaart and Robben were our new stars, but it seems vPersie is the best.
    no problem ..yes schweini´s goal was brilliant;).i saw all in a breakup ..england was awful ...italy was ok...

Macedonian isn't a bad team either ;)
    Italy played ok against Ukraine.

And yes that goal of Schweinie was a nice one.;)
    Klumpie wrote:
    No he's becoming a nice boy. Although sometimes he's a crazy motherfucker. But he's a great footballer, really great. First we in Holland thought that vdVaart and Robben were our new stars, but it seems vPersie is the best.

oh ok....but if vdvaart is fit i think will be the best
    Klumpie wrote:
    Macedonian isn't a bad team either ;)
    Italy played ok against Ukraine.

And yes that goal of Schweinie was a nice one.;)

that´s true ...okey....

yeap schweini is on a real good way.....
    oh ok....but if vdvaart is fit i think will be the best

When he will be back???
    i think this saturday
    i think this saturday

Ok, that's good to hear. He, vPersie and Robben are the future of Holland. And there are big talents after these generation. So I hope we finally can win a WC or something like that. ;):D