The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    Klumpie wrote:
    Ok, that's good to hear. He, vPersie and Robben are the future of Holland. And there are big talents after these generation. So I hope we finally can win a WC or something like that. ;):D

lol no way we german do with our youngsters...;);)
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    lol no way we german do with our youngsters...;);)

lol you're funny. But I think Germany is closer to win a tournament then Holland. :(
    Klumpie wrote:
    lol you're funny. But I think Germany is closer to win a tournament then Holland. :(

why funny :D really sound good for me sorry)
    why funny :D really sound good for me sorry)

Holland is just to small to win a big tournament. If we have 2 or 3 injuries from our biggest players, then it's nothing left what we have. A big country like Germany, Italy or France can replace these players.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Holland is just to small to win a big tournament. If we have 2 or 3 injuries from our biggest players, then it's nothing left what we have. A big country like Germany, Italy or France can replace these players.

well now we have lots youngsters bec. there is a change
    and our new U 21 is one of the best now in names...
  • dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    Klumpie wrote:
    I have to give my compliments to vPersie, I think he's really becoming a big footballer. And after Kuyt left the attack position, vPersie did an excellent job. Do we have the new vBasten????
    Please don't compare Van Basten and Van Persie. Van Basten was an opportunist who had the ball skills necessary to create a chance for himsself if needed to, but he was far more effective inside the box as a finisher. Van Persie's better coming in from an attacking mid position than he would be as a finisher (for now). If you're going to compare Van Basten to anyone currently playing who is Dutch, it would be Van Nistelrooy. Both Van Basten and Van Nistelrooy had/have that predatory instinct in the box. Put them within 10 yards of the goal with a blindfold on, and they'd still at least get it on target.

Somebody who's actually old enough to have watched football back in the late 80s/early 90s back me up here, please.
  • dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    congrates to schotland ....the english ,spanish and spcially french match was a dissaster
    and ireland was bad too .....

Not as bad as Wales. WTF was up with that?
    dkst0426 wrote:
    Not as bad as Wales. WTF was up with that?

well but nobody knew really how to make a goal and rooney no word for that !!!
    dkst0426 wrote:
    Please don't compare Van Basten and Van Persie. Van Basten was an opportunist who had the ball skills necessary to create a chance for himsself if needed to, but he was far more effective inside the box as a finisher. Van Persie's better coming in from an attacking mid position than he would be as a finisher (for now). If you're going to compare Van Basten to anyone currently playing who is Dutch, it would be Van Nistelrooy. Both Van Basten and Van Nistelrooy had/have that predatory instinct in the box. Put them within 10 yards of the goal with a blindfold on, and they'd still at least get it on target.

Somebody who's actually old enough to have watched football back in the late 80s/early 90s back me up here, please.

I was not talking about that they are similar players, but I think vPersie has the capabilities to be a big player like vBasten.
  • Just bringing this back to the top so we can talk about Scotland some more :) Didn't have tickets to the game because they sold out in less than two hours but watching it in the pub was mental enough. The city centre of Glasgow was fucking jumping, people in kilts singing merrily till the small hours of the morning - that's me just staggered in after a night and a bit of indulgence.

There's only one Gary Caldwell!
    scottish by birth, british by law and 'weegie by the grace of god...!!!!! FUCK THE QUEEN!!!
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Glaswegian wrote:
    Just bringing this back to the top so we can talk about Scotland some more :) Didn't have tickets to the game because they sold out in less than two hours but watching it in the pub was mental enough. The city centre of Glasgow was fucking jumping, people in kilts singing merrily till the small hours of the morning - that's me just staggered in after a night and a bit of indulgence.

There's only one Gary Caldwell!

Let's take it back a wee bit further..to Rangers V Aberdeen

:D
    OMG River Plate scored :(
  • That was horrible. I was only listening on the radio because the tickets were sold out but I still practically cried when that prick scored...so no, let's not bring it back to that. Let's revel in our heroic national team.
    Or are you one of these Rangers fans that supports England, just like most Tims support Ireland?
    scottish by birth, british by law and 'weegie by the grace of god...!!!!! FUCK THE QUEEN!!!
    Woohooo Boca Juniors scored 1-1
    Glaswegian wrote:
    That was horrible. I was only listening on the radio because the tickets were sold out but I still practically cried when that prick scored...so no, let's not bring it back to that. Let's revel in our heroic national team.
    Or are you one of these Rangers fans that supports England, just like most Tims support Ireland?

Did you read my Scotland thread i made?! hehe i have Scottish pride, Rangers is a Scottish team, we're the real Scottish team ;) Still don't agree with yer sig tho! Walter Smith is the daddy, who would have thought top of the table bring on Sheva
  • Did you read my Scotland thread i made?! hehe i have Scottish pride, Rangers is a Scottish team, we're the real Scottish team ;) Still don't agree with yer sig tho! Walter Smith is the daddy, who would have thought top of the table bring on Sheva

That's alright then you pass the test...but i bet you sing Rule Britannia!
    I'm probably overly patriotic, I'm going to start a revolution! He might be a dirty blue nosed bastard (kidding...kind of) but i have to agree Smith is a super hero.
    Shevchenko is sposed to be injured along with Rebrov, so who knows what might happen on Wednesday.
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    End of first half: Boca 1- River 1

:D:D:D DID I EVER TELL YOU HOW MUCH I LOVEEEEE PALACIO?!?!?!??! :D:D:D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    Glaswegian wrote:
    That's alright then you pass the test...but i bet you sing Rule Britannia!
    I'm probably overly patriotic, I'm going to start a revolution! He might be a dirty blue nosed bastard (kidding...kind of) but i have to agree Smith is a super hero.
    Shevchenko is sposed to be injured along with Rebrov, so who knows what might happen on Wednesday.

Course i sing Rule Britannia.. Scotland is in Britain :p

Imagine 12 points haha they won't need a plane to fly home! I cannot wait.
  • Course i sing Rule Britannia.. Scotland is in Britain :p

Imagine 12 points haha they won't need a plane to fly home! I cannot wait.
    You should be singing Flower of Scotland, not God save the Queen! But let's not argue, everyone in Scotland ought to be happy right now :)

I reckon we'll draw against Ukraine...but then who knows because I thought the best we would do against France was a draw. Did I imagine it or do you stay out in the East end? What pub do you watch the matches in?
    Glaswegian wrote:
    You should be singing Flower of Scotland, not God save the Queen! But let's not argue, everyone in Scotland ought to be happy right now :)

I reckon we'll draw against Ukraine...but then who knows because I thought the best we would do against France was a draw. Did I imagine it or do you stay out in the East end? What pub do you watch the matches in?

I wasn't at the pub for that match but usually we watch it in our Rangers pub which is in Bellshill. But yeh i am east ender. Where you watching this game, which pub is best in town you think? :) I dunno where i'll be for it yet
  • I wasn't at the pub for that match but usually we watch it in our Rangers pub which is in Bellshill. But yeh i am east ender. Where you watching this game, which pub is best in town you think? :) I dunno where i'll be for it yet

Town I'm not too sure I'm a posh west ender so that's where I tend to be for matches. Pub called The Rock on Hyndland Road is where I usually watch Scotland matches, but it was too packed yesterday so I watched it at my rugby club. Are you hitting town for the Ukraine game?
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    The game was amazing, bit nervy though at the end. Im too busy with uni work at the moment to be out drinking at all, bit depressing to be honest, but ive watched a few games in The Rock as well.

Might need to have a drink in byres road to watch the next game, its not the same watching it in the house at all.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
    Glaswegian wrote:
    Town I'm not too sure I'm a posh west ender so that's where I tend to be for matches. Pub called The Rock on Hyndland Road is where I usually watch Scotland matches, but it was too packed yesterday so I watched it at my rugby club. Are you hitting town for the Ukraine game?

haha yeh i know u think i'm a chav but i'm really not ;) i like the Rock not sure where i will be but west end will be good, c'mon your not posh i've heard wot comes out your mouth at times :D
  • haha yeh i know u think i'm a chav but i'm really not ;) i like the Rock not sure where i will be but west end will be good, c'mon your not posh i've heard wot comes out your mouth at times :D

I don't think you're a chav at all. I think you're a nice lassie who strayed in the wrong direction in life and started supporting the dark side. :) Come to the west end for the Ukraine game and go to The Rock, I'll buy you a pint.
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    End of first half: Boca 1- River 1

:D:D:D DID I EVER TELL YOU HOW MUCH I LOVEEEEE PALACIO?!?!?!??! :D:D:D

:( 3-1 Julia, we will not talk much about this. :(
    Glaswegian wrote:
    I don't think you're a chav at all. I think you're a nice lassie who strayed in the wrong direction in life and started supporting the dark side. :) Come to the west end for the Ukraine game and go to The Rock, I'll buy you a pint.
    That is a kind offer, thankyou. Are you getting the kilt out?
    Seeing you are a sheep supporting Glaswegian, most people would agree you choose the darkside :D
    Klumpie wrote:
    :( 3-1 Julia, we will not talk much about this. :(

:(
  • That is a kind offer, thankyou. Are you getting the kilt out?
    Seeing you are a sheep supporting Glaswegian, most people would agree you choose the darkside :D

I'll get the kilt out if you come. Deal?
    Nonsense. We might have the nastiest casuals in Scotland, but generally speaking Aberdonians are great people. You must love the accent!
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    ***Juli's Comments about the Superclasico***

NOTE: if you don't know what the result is, don't even dare to ask :)

*What the fuck was wrong with Boca's defense????
    *Who the hell does Higuain THINK he is? PALACIO? Darn...he very much played like him at his best, or was it Boca's defense that was complete crap? *How come they let him have all those spaces? That's STUPID!
    *Why did Belluschi seem to be freakin' everywhere?
    *Silvestre got a red card...GREAT :rolleyes: now, WHY did he get it??? (the 2nd yellow) Didn't seem fair.
    *Who the heck does Lavolpe think he is by not letting Guillermo Barros Schelotto play EVER, not even at the SUPERCLASICO! a MUST play game for him. I'm pretty sure things would've been different with him on the field. THEY ALWAYS ARE.
    *How dare River fans use ALL of our chants? be original and get your own! haha. Like "La 12" says: "Podran imitarnos, pero igualarnos JAMAS" (they may imitate us, but they'll never be like us"
    *AGAIN: what the fuck is wrong with Lavolpe? thanks for 1) screwing up our winning team with your stupid "methods" and 2) Making horrible substitutions. I'm having a Pekerman flashback here.

***THE POSSITIVE***

*I still love Palacio.
    *Even though we lost, we're still on top of the league, with a 2nd half of the game against Gimnasia LP pending. We'll be the champions yet again, don't worry about that ;)
    *We're still leading on the number of Superclasicos won, so no big deal.
    *We're the World's King of Cups.
    *We still rule.
    *It's ok to let others dream a little. They'll be back to the usual getting tied at the last minute by a crappy team next gameweek.
    *PLEASE BRING BASILE BACK.

That was Juli's Superclasico report. Make sure to tune in next week to hear how we won 4-0 against Newell's Old Boys (wishfull thinking.................)

P.S.: Dear readers, please excuse the excessive use of the words "fuck" and "hell." Thank You.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    Glaswegian wrote:
    I'll get the kilt out if you come. Deal?
    Nonsense. We might have the nastiest casuals in Scotland, but generally speaking Aberdonians are great people. You must love the accent!

Mibee, the kilt is tempting hah! :)
    Oh yeh the red ultras are lovely people as for the accent? have you heard Roisin in River City!?!