Options

The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    nah the loan thing was before his injury...Cisse's really jinxed..maybe he should learn to shut up when he is on form instead of thinking he is the greatest.

I think Boro got a very good deal there..Huth is pretty good.
    Newcastle will definitely be sore that they lost Huth to Boro! :D
    Not if they manage to land SWP.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Hinny wrote:
    Not if they manage to land SWP.
    SWP to Newcastle? woah..I thought he was hated at St James's after the whole diving thing
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    only bedwetters like soccer.
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    brain of c wrote:
    Du kannst nach Hause gehn,du kannst nach Hause gehn!!!:D
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    brain of c wrote:
    Yeah, which is why I like FOOTBALL.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Du kannst nach Hause gehn,du kannst nach Hause gehn!!!:D

Go home, go home

Guus kom naar huus want de koeien staan op spring'n
    De varkes mutt'n vret'n en 't hooi moet van 't land
    Guus kom naar huus want daar 'beuren rare ding'n
    Dit kan toch zo niet doorgaan Guus wat is er aan de hand
  • Options
    ok;)

but now this in english please:

Guus kom naar huus want de koeien staan op spring'n
    De varkes mutt'n vret'n en 't hooi moet van 't land
    Guus kom naar huus want daar 'beuren rare ding'n
    Dit kan toch zo niet doorgaan Guus wat is er aan de hand
    Rafael Benitez has spoken of his concern for Djibril Cisse after the striker broke his leg playing for France on Wednesday night but admitted the horror injury has affected his summer spending.
    "There are two issues here," revealed Benitez in tonight's Liverpool Echo. "Firstly, from the players point of view I'm really sorry for Djibril. That's important. It's really unfortunate for him but it's true it's now impossible for him to be sold.

"We were expecting to sell him to Marseille or Lyon and planned using the money for other players. We were talking to both clubs. Now we won't have this money. We won't expect him to play again until November or December."

Despite the fact that Cisse will now report back to Liverpool rather than moving back to France, Benitez insists there will be no problem for manager and player working together next season.

"It was a professional decision and we were honest with Djibril," claimed the Liverpool boss. "There will be no problem when he comes back."
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Towerman wrote:
    yes, hes defenitively staying... just saw the man himself on a interview confirming that. He said that he's very happy at PSV and the fact that Koeman personally told his manager that he needs him for next season were the primal resons for him to stay in Holland.

I was very excited when I heard it. It is a wise choice. I could see him playing along side Henry at Arsenal next year. I think that would be a golden combination. Arsenal or whoever will have to pay big time though. He is under contract until 2010. So I reckon that even if he leaves in two seasons PSV wouldn't let him go for less than 15 million next season and 7 or 8 million Euro's if he goes after the second season. What is most important is that he will remain in Eindhoven. Now PSV should get some clearity on the Alex situation and get some fresh players in. Dica and Tiendalli would be nice start. Also I would like a midfielder that can make some runs forward.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    nah the loan thing was before his injury...Cisse's really jinxed..maybe he should learn to shut up when he is on form instead of thinking he is the greatest.

I think Boro got a very good deal there..Huth is pretty good.
    Newcastle will definitely be sore that they lost Huth to Boro! :D

i´ve heard that while the match last night good choice;)

and what the hell newcastle got with that???
  • Options
    i´ve heard that while the match last night good choice;)

and what the hell newcastle got with that???
    cause Newcastle and Boro are North east rivals?

YNWA
  • Options
    some EPL transfer news..

Bayern Munich are considering making a move for Manchester United's unsettled striker Ruud van Nistelrooy.

not sure it would be a good move considering Bayern have so many strikers including new signing Podolski.

YNWA
  • Options
    Emperor Hirohito

Torture Camp Guards

The Judge With The 99.9% Conviction Rate

Lying Customs Officers

Prison Letter Censors

Can You Hear Me?!

Your Boys Took One Hell Of A Beating!

Did You Hear Me?!

I Said, Your Boys Took One Hell Of A Beating!
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
  • Options
    TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    Towerman wrote:
    good riddance ;)

YNWA
  • Options
    Hamburg couldn't get Farfan to play for them this season but now they have signed another peruvian forward from..... BAYERN MUNICH!
    I wonder what ladygooddiva would think about this, hehehehe .

http://www.uefa.com/footballeurope/news/Kind=2/newsId=429811.html
  • Options
    Towerman wrote:
    Hamburg couldn't get Farfan to play for them this season but now they have signed another peruvian forward from..... BAYERN MUNICH!
    I wonder what ladygooddiva would think about this, hehehehe .

http://www.uefa.com/footballeurope/news/Kind=2/newsId=429811.html
    if i remember right..she likes that guy haha..
    Gudjohnson to Barca too..interesting transfer

an update on Boca Juniors vs Liverpool?
    Boca Juniors are still hoping to play Liverpool in the Super Intercontinental Cup, but are aware that there are difficulties standing in the way.

The game is supposed to pit the winners of the Uefa Super Cup against the South American champions.

However, Liverpool, who defeated CSKA Moscow in the battle of the Uefa and UEFA Champions League victors, are having problems scheduling the fixture around their other commitments.

"We have received a letter from Uefa that says this game has to be played," said Boca vice president Pedro Pompilio.

"They suggested that we play it with as many regular first team players as possible.

"It's been difficult because Liverpool doesn't have many spare dates.

"We have spoken about playing two matches - in Buenos Aires and at Anfield - and also about the chance of playing one match at the Bernabeu.

"The officials of Liverpool have said that if we want to play the match we should go to England."

Boca president Mauricio Macri even hinted that the game could be played against CSKA Moscow if Liverpool could not manage to fit it in.

"We are having so many date problems with Liverpool so it could happen that we end up playing the match against CSKA," said Macri.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    if i remember right..she likes that guy haha..
    Gudjohnson to Barca too..interesting transfer

an update on Boca Juniors vs Liverpool?

actually I think the one she likes was Claudio Pizarro, not Guerrero, hehehe.

and I really hope that the Boca Juniors vs Liverpool match happens, it has everything to be a classic. Sadly seems that Liverpool is not showing the same interest for the game as the Boca people.
  • Options
    Towerman wrote:
    actually I think the one she likes was Claudio Pizarro, not Guerrero, hehehe.

and I really hope that the Boca Juniors vs Liverpool match happens, it has everything to be a classic. Sadly seems that Liverpool is not showing the same interest for the game as the Boca people.
    hard to keep up..she has so many crushes lol

yeh well can't blame Liverpool..especially with the WC..pre season is gonna be really tight..after a very long season last time round..the boys really need a break.

YNWA
  • Options
    hey i really was shoked when i read that Guerrero is coming to join hamburg ...he plays sometimes really rough and make so many fouls ...i don´t like him but maybe doll can get his talent out:D
    and kompany is coming to hamburg ;)

and on the 23 of i think july hsv is playing a match vs rovers...
  • Options
    hey i really was shoked when i read that Guerrero is coming to join hamburg ...he plays sometimes really rough and make so many fouls ...i don´t like him but maybe doll can get his talent out:D
    and kompany is coming to hamburg ;)

and on the 23 of i think july hsv is playing a match vs rovers...

Yeah too bad they have to lose van Buyten to get Kompany. They will lose a lot of experience with him.
  • Options
    Yeah too bad they have to lose van Buyten to get Kompany. They will lose a lot of experience with him.

why isn´t kompany that good i thought he is and i know doll will do the best out of what he has now
  • Options
    why isn´t kompany that good i thought he is and i know doll will do the best out of what he has now
    Kompany is pretty good..surprised he din join a bigger club..

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Kompany is pretty good..surprised he din join a bigger club..

well we are on a good way to get bigger and hamburg is a cool,wonderful town ;)
  • Options
    is that true ? i read chelsea shows intrest in lahm???
  • Options
    is that true ? i read chelsea shows intrest in lahm???

Well the big question is:

In which player isn't Chelsea intrested? ;)
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Well the big question is:

In which player isn't Chelsea intrested? ;)

good one;) :D

okey i am off way to work well just can see the mexico vs angola match today
    and maybe rest of nedderlands vs ivry cost ....
  • Options
    good one;) :D

okey i am off way to work well just can see the mexico vs angola match today
    and maybe rest of nedderlands vs ivry cost ....

It's a pity you don't have a television at work, you will miss some good matches :D
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    It's a pity you don't have a television at work, you will miss some good matches :D

i know but anyways sorry i post that in the wrong tread...
  • Options

Oh no as far as I know Kompany is a great talent. But he is just starting and van Buyten is an expirienced player. So you lose that in van Buyten, but Kompany should prove a capable replacement.