Options

The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    aheh i think you are wrong ...i never said they can beat everybody but i think they can go further and have a bright future in europe !!
    yeh but they aint good enough to beat Liverpool anytime soon ;)
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh but they aint good enough to beat Liverpool anytime soon ;)

never know a match is 90 minutes+ :D
  • Options
  • Options
    hello orangies! can anyone tell me more about Sherijl MacDonald from Anderlecht we took him as loan for a year
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    hello orangies! can anyone tell me more about Sherijl MacDonald from Anderlecht we took him as loan for a year

Nope, can't be a great player.
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Nope, can't be a great player.

well i just read he is on loan for HSv Team 2
  • Options
    well i just read he is on loan for HSv Team 2

I just read that too, but he played for Heracles and if you there can't impresse me, you aren't a great footballer :)
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    I just read that too, but he played for Heracles and if you there can't impresse me, you aren't a great footballer :)

why ?
  • Options
    why ?

Can't describe it, but it isn't a great team. So if you are a great footballer, you can see it directly in a bad team.
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Can't describe it, but it isn't a great team. So if you are a great footballer, you can see it directly in a bad team.

hsv 2 isn´t that good but not that bad ...
  • Options
    Rovers to offer more cash!
    Blackburn Rovers are to offer Craig Bellamy £65,000-a-week in the hope that he will take the cash rather than agree a summer move to Anfield.

Liverpool have made a formal approach for the Welsh hitman who is understood to be prepared to take a pay-cut to become a Red.

According to reports late this evening, Rovers boss Mark Hughes is desperately trying to arrange a meeting with the player who is currently honeymooning.

If Bellamy accepted the offer - which he isn't going to do while Liverpool are in for him - he would become Blackburn's highest-paid player in their history.

Rovers have no choice but to accept Liverpool's offer of around £6million due to a clause in the player's contract. Technically that offer has already been accepted.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    is he that word?
  • Options
    is he that word?
    huh what?

YNWA
  • Options
    ubs!!! sorry i was thinking german really and wrote ...
    i meant if he is worth its price

you got it ...
  • Options
    ubs!!! sorry i was thinking german really and wrote ...
    i meant if he is worth its price

you got it ...
    for 6 million..I'd say yes..cos nowadays British players can abit too overpriced..that is why most managers scout for cheaper alternatives overseas.
    not to mention Bellamy had a good last season so I'm not surprised that Blackburn desperately want him to stay.
    it's a good thing he's a Liverpool fan so he should reject ARSE-anal just like Harry Kewell :D

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    for 6 million..I'd say yes..cos nowadays British players can abit too overpriced..that is why most managers scout for cheaper alternatives overseas.
    not to mention Bellamy had a good last season so I'm not surprised that Blackburn desperately want him to stay.
    it's a good thing he's a Liverpool fan so he should reject ARSE-anal just like Harry Kewell :D

well this money stuff ain´t my world so i will never understand ...of course it´s normal ...:D:D
  • Options
    more on Bellamy...
    Blackburn Rovers have given permission for Liverpool to speak with striker Craig Bellamy.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is desperate to pep up his forward line after off-loading Fernando Morientes and losing Djibril Cisse to a broken leg.

The Spaniard is an admirer of Bellamy's pace and direct style, leading to a bid that is thought to have triggered a release clause in the former Newcastle United star's contract.

The 26-year-old scored 13 goals from only 22 Premiership starts for Rovers after making a £5 million switch from St James' Park to link up with his former international coach Mark Hughes.

The Blackburn manager will be upset to lose last season's top scorer, particularly after agreeing a new deal with influential midfielder Steven Reid on Monday.

Bellamy has nine goals from 33 caps for Wales and is a proven Premiership performer after coming through the ranks at Norwich City and displaying his confident, aggressive attitude.

Rovers chairman John Williams wants to keep his star man but the offer, believed to be £6.5 million, has led to the chance of UEFA Champions League football for the player.

"We have made it crystal clear to Craig and his advisors that we want him at Ewood Park," Williams told the club's official website.

"We made him an improved offer before Liverpool declared their interest, an offer that was consistent with our ambition and determination to build on last season's success.

"The decision now rests with the player."
    13 goals in 22 starts..not bad..we really need such a strike rate at Anfield.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    more on Bellamy...

to bad for the other teams than!!!like us ....maybe;) ...:p
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    more on Bellamy...

He's a decent player, I just worry about his injury proneness and attitude but I hope I'll be proved wrong. He has loads of potential, is pacey and can score goals.......we wait and see :confused:

He'll definitely come....
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    He's a decent player, I just worry about his injury proneness and attitude but I hope I'll be proved wrong. He has loads of potential, is pacey and can score goals.......we wait and see :confused:

He'll definitely come....
    yeh..he is alittle injury prone like Owen...Rafa did say that he will speak to Bellamy first before making the decision to sign him.

and some bad news :(

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez does not have the money to push ahead with the possible signing of Dirk Kuyt.

If Rafa pushes ahead with the signings of Craig Bellamy and Daniel Alves, the manager will not have anything left in the kitty to sign the Feyenoord hitman unless he raises cash by selling first.

Had Djibril Cisse's proposed sale not been delayed, there shouldn't have been a problem but with the Reds now down as much as £8million as a result, Rafa knows he has to sell.

Local hack Chris Bascombe today backed up the suggestions that Rafa wouldn't have the cash for Kuyt.

In this evening's Liverpool Echo, he wrote: "A deal for the Dutchman is currently wholly dependant on Liverpool raising significant funds in sales."

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh..he is alittle injury prone like Owen...Rafa did say that he will speak to Bellamy first before making the decision to sign him.

and some bad news :(

It just shows the gulf between us and the big guns is getting wider. We seriously need a sugar daddy to come in and invest in the club.
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    It just shows the gulf between us and the big guns is getting wider. We seriously need a sugar daddy to come in and invest in the club.
    wider financially but on the pitch we have definitely closed the gap..very proud of that :D

i can't believe teams like Newcastle and Sperms have more money than us to spend..it's not like they win anything or have a super rich sugar daddy.
    argh why did Cisse get injured!!..was so looking forward to buying a Kuyt kit :(

YNWA
  • Options
    TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    wider financially but on the pitch we have definitely closed the gap..very proud of that :D

i can't believe teams like Newcastle and Sperms have more money than us to spend..it's not like they win anything or have a super rich sugar daddy.
    argh why did Cisse get injured!!..was so looking forward to buying a Kuyt kit :(

When reading the list of the 10 top riches clubs in the world I couldn't believe to see Newcastle there. The have made so many bad choices getting players over the years... I wanna ask you something, in terms of popularity and history, where would you rank Newcastle or better said, in which position by tradition are they considered in England?... I know Manchester, Liverpool, Arsenal and recently Chelsea are the biggest teams but for tradition and history does Newcaste come right after them or clubs like Leeds, Everton or Tottenham are considered in a higher escale than them.

I remember back in the mid-90's when Newcastle got Shearer and Asprilla for a little while it seemed like the premiership was all about them vs Manchester United.
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    Towerman wrote:
    When reading the list of the 10 top riches clubs in the world I couldn't believe to see Newcastle there. The have made so many bad choices getting players over the years... I wanna ask you something, in terms of popularity and history, where would you rank Newcastle or better said, in which position by tradition are they considered in England?... I know Manchester, Liverpool, Arsenal and recently Chelsea are the biggest teams but for tradition and history does Newcaste come right after them or clubs like Leeds, Everton or Tottenham are considered in a higher escale than them.

I remember back in the mid-90's when Newcastle got Shearer and Asprilla for a little while it seemed like the premiership was all about them vs Manchester United.
    am amazed meself at how Newcastle never go broke lol..they even got a bigger stadium than the majority of the teams.
    hmm..Newcastle..I'd say in terms of honors..they arent near the likes of Leeds,Everton,Sperms,Villa and even Nottingham Forest.
    but they have fantastic fans..one of the best in England.

It's a shame they din really elevate from their early 90's form since they got promoted from the lower division.

YNWA
  • Options
    TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    am amazed meself at how Newcastle never go broke lol..they even got a bigger stadium than the majority of the teams.
    hmm..Newcastle..I'd say in terms of honors..they arent near the likes of Leeds,Everton,Sperms,Villa and even Nottingham Forest.
    but they have fantastic fans..one of the best in England.

It's a shame they din really elevate from their early 90's form since they got promoted from the lower division.

thanks for clearing that up for me... I've been living in NY for years now but I'm originally from Peru and back over there Newcastle is extremely popular because of Nobby Solano, when he went to Aston Villa people were kind of dissapointed and considered it a big step down in his career and started supporting other premiership teams cause through satelite/cable they watch all the games, but now that he's back the Newcastle mania is hitting hard again. In Peru Newcastle is consider as a big team with bad luck and Alan Shearer is probably the most respected english player ever.
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    Towerman wrote:
    thanks for clearing that up for me... I've been living in NY for years now but I'm originally from Peru and back over there Newcastle is extremely popular because of Nobby Solano, when he went to Aston Villa people were kind of dissapointed and considered it a big step down in his career and started supporting other premiership teams cause through satelite/cable they watch all the games, but now that he's back the Newcastle mania is hitting hard again. In Peru Newcastle is consider as a big team with bad luck and Alan Shearer is probably the most respected english player ever.
    ah ok..yeh I have heard of Newcastle's huge popularity in Peru thanks to Nobby..that's awesome that the country has so much support for a player.
    same goes for Mark Gonzalez..since he "joined" Liverpool, the Chileans started supporting Liverpool.
    Some teams though take advantage of such things..like signing Asian players hoping to break into their market.

btw..the EPL fixture list will be out Thursday morning UK time :D

YNWA
  • Options
    it's gonne be an interesting talk..
    Liverpool target Craig Bellamy is cutting short his honeymoon to return to England to try and secure a dream move to L4.

The Welsh hitman will head to Merseyside for talks with Reds boss Rafael Benitez who wants assurances that he will be making headlines while at Anfield for the right reasons.

Rafa also wants to know if Bellamy is happy to play on the right side of midfield when needed.

The player has had bust-ups with previous managers when he has been played in that position and the boss doesn't want any 'toys out of the pram' incidents.

Poor Dudek...
    Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek has had his Champions League medal and other football memorabilia stolen during a burglary at his home.

More than 100 football shirts worn by the 33-year-old, including his Champions League final shirt, were stolen along with his Porsche Carrera.

Other items including jewellery and electrical goods were stolen in a haul worth hundreds of thousands of pounds.

A club spokesman said: "A lot of this stuff which has been stolen is irreplaceable and you can't put a price on it. Jerzy is obviously devastated.
    "We are talking about the memorabilia of someone's career and also a lifetime."

A police spokeswoman added: "Merseyside Police is investigating reports of a burglary at a house in in Caldy, Wirral.

"The burglary was reported by a friend of the owner on Monday, June 19 and was thought to have happened within the last week while the homeowners were away on holiday.

"The homeowner arrived back in the country late last night and police officers will be speaking to him today to find out exactly what has been stolen although it known that a black Porsche Carrera has definitely been stolen.

"There were a large number of distinctive items of memorabilia stolen which obviously have sentimental value to the owner.

"If anyone spots them being sold on the internet or in the local shops or in their local pub, it will be obvious that they are special items.

"We would urge anyone who spots them on sale to call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111."

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    it's gonne be an interesting talk..

Poor Dudek...

Yeah saw that on the liverpool website....fucking scumbags stealing all his footie memories :mad:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Yeah saw that on the liverpool website....fucking scumbags stealing all his footie memories :mad:
    yeh it's terrible...all irreplacable honors and stuff..I hope they do find the asshole who was involved

looks like Bellamy could be a Liverpool player by this week..
    Blackburn Rovers striker Craig Bellamy is undergoing a medical with Liverpool today ahead of his proposed £6million transfer to Anfield.

The Welsh hitman met Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez this afternoon.

Providing Rafa was impressed and providing the player passes a medical, a deal should be concluded very quickly.

YNWA