Options

The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,672
    What do you think, the greatest acting performance in soccer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lURJaFenhcQ&search=iran%20soccer
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Liverpool play Sheffied United on the first day and then Newcastle..not bad..

Opening day fixtures:
    August 19:
    Arsenal v Aston Villa
    Bolton v Tottenham
    Chelsea v Man City
    Everton v Watford
    Man Utd v Fulham
    Newcastle v Wigan
    Portsmouth v Blackburn
    Reading v Middlesbrough
    Sheff Utd v Liverpool
    West Ham v Charlton

August 22 fixtures:
    Charlton v Man Utd
    Middlesbrough v Chelsea
    Tottenham v Sheff Utd
    Watford v West Ham
    Wigan v Arsenal

August 23 fixtures:
    Aston Villa v Reading
    Blackburn v Everton
    Fulham v Bolton
    Liverpool v Newcastle
    Man City v Portsmouth

the fixture list really looks good for Liverpool..we have the easier games in the middle and that will really help.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    looks like an easy start for us mhhh...
  • Options
    but than though matches to come:p:p;);):

Sir Alex Ferguson's side host Champions League finalists Arsenal in mid-September, before hosting Liverpool at Old Trafford in October.

Champions Chelsea travel to Manchester in late November, shortly before the first Manchester derby of the season takes place at Old Trafford in early December.

so in october we are real enemies lol
  • Options
    we will be enemies from August-May ;)

things are looking good for us..Bellamy has signed,Alves's agent says things are looking bright for a move plus we are already offloading players for funds for Kuyt!

bad news though..Bolton wanna sue Hamann for 3 million cos he wants to stay at Liverpool instead of joining them..wtf..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    and it's confirmed
    Craig Bellamy has completed his move to Liverpool after conceding he could not reject the chance to join his boyhood heroes.

The FA Cup winners activated a clause in the Wales international's Blackburn contract earlier this week and were reluctantly given permission to talk to the 26-year-old.

Bellamy was quick to agree personal terms with The Reds and has signed a four-year contract at Anfield.

His switch to Merseyside comes less than 12 months after Bellamy joined Blackburn, but he insists he could not refuse Rafa Benitez's offer.

"The fact that it was Liverpool made it impossible for me to turn down the move," Bellamy told the club's official website.

"As I'm a fan, it doesn't matter what club I was at - I could never turn Liverpool down.

"You get the chance to play for Liverpool and it's a lifelong dream come true.

"I had a lot of friends at Blackburn - the players, the coaching staff, the chairman are all great people - and I owe them a lot - a hell of a lot to be honest.

"They helped me improve and they were there at an awkward time for me, but I've spoken to a lot of the players and they know the situation.

"I've had no problem from any player at Blackburn and I'm sure if any of them got the chance to join the team they love with all their heart, they'd do exactly the same thing.

"It's sad in a way to leave Blackburn but this is too good a chance to turn down."
    Welcome to the Kop Craig..now hopefully Daniel Alves and Dirk Kuyt will follow suit..not to mention Mark Gonzalez not having any work permit problems.
    Hopefully we can now offload all the extra weight in the squad and actually earn some money out of it.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    we will be enemies from August-May ;)

things are looking good for us..Bellamy has signed,Alves's agent says things are looking bright for a move plus we are already offloading players for funds for Kuyt!

bad news though..Bolton wanna sue Hamann for 3 million cos he wants to stay at Liverpool instead of joining them..wtf..

ok;) .......so where is kuyt goin????

and you don´t want hamann to stay or what ?
  • Options
    ok;) .......so where is kuyt goin????

and you don´t want hamann to stay or what ?
    Kuyt will decide in July...Liverpool,ARSE-anal and Newcastle are keen and he wants to finally come to England.

I,like the rest of the the fans, want Hamann to stay but he might wanna leave for more first team football.

YNWA
  • Options
    finally! the police arent useless :D

Merseyside police have recovered Jerzy Dudek's Champions League medal and the shirt that he wore in the final following a raid on a house in the Old Swan area of Liverpool.

A 26-year-old man and a 23-year-old woman have both been arrested on suspicion of burglary and handling stolen goods.

Police hope that the pair will be able to lead them to the other memorabilia and goods that were stolen from Jerzy's house while he was out of the country.

YNWA
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Yes finally. PSV is trying to contract a new player 'Paraguay international Nelson Cuevas is/might be coming to Eindhoven.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    Yes finally. PSV is trying to contract a new player 'Paraguay international Nelson Cuevas is/might be coming to Eindhoven.

not to bad:D
  • Options
    not to bad:D

No I kind of like him. something happened when he came on the pitch.
  • Options
    No I kind of like him. something happened when he came on the pitch.

me too i didn´t meant that in a negative way !!!!
  • Options
    TowermanTowerman Posts: 228

Cuevas is a good player, better than Beasleay but I don't see him in the same level as Farfan or Park when he played at PSV. I got to see Cuevas a lot when he used to play for River Plate, verey talented but nothing spectacular... more smoke than fire.
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    Towerman wrote:
    Cuevas is a good player, better than Beasleay but I don't see him in the same level as Farfan or Park when he played at PSV. I got to see Cuevas a lot when he used to play for River Plate, verey talented but nothing spectacular... more smoke than fire.

Oh well Park wasn't all that when he arrived at PSV so there might be some improvement possible even though he is 26 years old. Is he left or right footed? How is his work mentality?
  • Options
    TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    Oh well Park wasn't all that when he arrived at PSV so there might be some improvement possible even though he is 26 years old. Is he left or right footed? How is his work mentality?

he's right footed, as I said before very talented with great dribbling skills. Also he's not that much apreciated in his own country because in Paraguay the biggest idols and best players are always defenders, it's a tradition and the strikers over there are your typical "9", strong, tall, not much ability,etc.

in River Plate he never was a regular starter, he would usually come out as a substitute on the 2nd half of the games and imo that's when I like him the best... when the opponent is tired, he comes in for the last 15 minutes and with his speed and dribbling coul brake into any defense, his main problem is that he's a very inconsistent player . One thing though that I remember and made me not liking him very much is like 3 years ago when he was at his best moment ever in RIver Plate and he decided to go to CHina, I mean if you're only 22 with a great future in front of you why would you wanna go to playe there?... he did it only for the money, I guess he didn't do that well in China after all cause after only a season he came back to America to play in Mexico. To me that decission of going to Asia was fatal on his career... I know he's doing fine in Mexico now but well if PSV really gets him I hope he does well but considering the long tradition PSV has of getting young south american players, I think Cuevas is not at that level. He's 26 and still seems to play the same way when he was a promising 20 year old.

well it was kinda long but I hope it helps you...
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    finally! the police arent useless :D

Merseyside police have recovered Jerzy Dudek's Champions League medal and the shirt that he wore in the final following a raid on a house in the Old Swan area of Liverpool.

A 26-year-old man and a 23-year-old woman have both been arrested on suspicion of burglary and handling stolen goods.

Police hope that the pair will be able to lead them to the other memorabilia and goods that were stolen from Jerzy's house while he was out of the country.

Nice one. I hate that some people have no care for sentimental value of things for others. Scumbags....

Not been overly impressed by Kuyt so far in the WC, but in rafa we trust :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    this will be the hinrunde for hamburg

11./12./13.08.06 Hamburger SV - Arminia Bielefeld
    18./19./20.08.06 Energie Cottbus - Hamburger SV
    25./26./27.08.06 Hamburger SV - Hertha BSC Berlin
    15./16./17.09.06 Borussia Dortmund - Hamburger SV
    22./23./24.09.06 Hamburger SV - Werder Bremen
    29./30.09./01.10.06 Eintracht Frankfurt - Hamburger SV
    13./14./15.10.06 Hamburger SV - Schalke 04
    20./21./22.10.06 Bayer Leverkusen - Hamburger SV
    27./28./29.10.06 Hamburger SV - Hannover 96
    03./04./05.11.06 VfL Wolfsburg - Hamburger SV
    07./08.11.06 VfB Stuttgart - Hamburger SV
    10./11./12.11.06 Hamburger SV - Borussia Mönchengladbach
    17./18./19.11.06 1. FSV Mainz 05 - Hamburger SV
    24./25./26.11.06 Hamburger SV - Bayern München
    01./02./03.12.06 VfL Bochum - Hamburger SV
    08./09./10.12.06 Hamburger SV - 1. FC Nürnberg
    15./16./17.12.06 Alemannia Aachen - Hamburger SV

and than also the qualify for the cl
  • Options
  • Options
    its the quarters for the Azzurri!!!
    wooo!

bye bye Australia!

NA NA NA NA
    NA NA NA NA
    HEEEEEEY GOODBYE!

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    its the quarters for the Azzurri!!!
    wooo!

bye bye Australia!

NA NA NA NA
    NA NA NA NA
    HEEEEEEY GOODBYE!

wrong tread lol....
  • Options
    Towerman wrote:
    he's right footed, as I said before very talented with great dribbling skills. Also he's not that much apreciated in his own country because in Paraguay the biggest idols and best players are always defenders, it's a tradition and the strikers over there are your typical "9", strong, tall, not much ability,etc.

in River Plate he never was a regular starter, he would usually come out as a substitute on the 2nd half of the games and imo that's when I like him the best... when the opponent is tired, he comes in for the last 15 minutes and with his speed and dribbling coul brake into any defense, his main problem is that he's a very inconsistent player . One thing though that I remember and made me not liking him very much is like 3 years ago when he was at his best moment ever in RIver Plate and he decided to go to CHina, I mean if you're only 22 with a great future in front of you why would you wanna go to playe there?... he did it only for the money, I guess he didn't do that well in China after all cause after only a season he came back to America to play in Mexico. To me that decission of going to Asia was fatal on his career... I know he's doing fine in Mexico now but well if PSV really gets him I hope he does well but considering the long tradition PSV has of getting young south american players, I think Cuevas is not at that level. He's 26 and still seems to play the same way when he was a promising 20 year old.

well it was kinda long but I hope it helps you...

Yes thanks a lot. If he is willing to come to PSV he isn't in it for the money now. I did find it weird that he played in China. We will have to see how he does. I hope he does better than Robert. I don't know if you sre formiliar with him, but he didn't do to well.
  • Options

Nice goal.
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Yes thanks a lot. If he is willing to come to PSV he isn't in it for the money now. I did find it weird that he played in China. We will have to see how he does. I hope he does better than Robert. I don't know if you sre formiliar with him, but he didn't do to well.

Is it for sure that this player will come???

PSV can better buy Kromkamp and De Cler, good dutch guys and good backs. ;)
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Is it for sure that this player will come???

PSV can better buy Kromkamp and De Cler, good dutch guys and good backs. ;)

well will see
  • Options
    Nice goal.

i know and a lot of nice video´s
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    ok, i want to ask you guys a question.

i know the game is great and we all love it but sometimes i think some changes would do good for it.

what do you think about it?

if you agree with me i'll put some of my thoughts here.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    brhf9 wrote:

i know the game is great and we all love it but sometimes i think some changes would do good for it.

what?
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    what?

more judges, instant replay, end of offsides, etc...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    brhf9 wrote:

The use of a TV-referee.

And maybe they have to chance the use of a yellow and red card.