Options

Kissing a ROCK STAR at midnite on new years eve....

Comments

• Options
    AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    oh well I've often been on stage with Pearl Jam several times and that always works out fine :D but wow, Bill Pullman told ya you missed a spot? :D In a nice way or a prick way?

uhm i think he was trying to be funny in a "im a celbrity and you all wish you were so you have to laugh at anything i say" kinda way. soo yea he was annoying..

now if i could just meet johnny depp and ed.. ya.. my life would be grand. but then again last year i did meet chuck palahniuk and josh.. so this could happen...
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    uhm i think he was trying to be funny in a "im a celbrity and you all wish you were so you have to laugh at anything i say" kinda way. soo yea he was annoying..

now if i could just meet johnny depp and ed.. ya.. my life would be grand. but then again last year i did meet chuck palahniuk and josh.. so this could happen...
    :D exactly! Wow, so you've met two of your idols though? That's pretty good going so it is.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    oh well I've often been on stage with Pearl Jam several times and that always works out fine :D but wow, Bill Pullman told ya you missed a spot? :D In a nice way or a prick way?

wow Helen! How did you get lucky enough to do that?
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    writersu wrote:
    Sorry, I meant in dreams :o:D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Sorry, I meant in dreams :o:D

hahahahaha awww helen.......i always say DREAM HUGE cuz they come true ya know!!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    hahahahaha awww helen.......i always say DREAM HUGE cuz they come true ya know!!!! :D
    :) They sure do! I tend to dream small and in small quantities so I've a better chance of reaching them... but there are some dreams that I can't get out of my head... and don't really wanna either :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :) They sure do! I tend to dream small and in small quantities so I've a better chance of reaching them... but there are some dreams that I can't get out of my head... and don't really wanna either :)

oh, then we know each other in dreams possibly...........

I'm the thin one with the long blond hair that lives in Key West and Kentucky as well a short time in Chicago. Did I mention I play guitar and my dad's Greg Allman?

DREAM EVEN BIGGER when REALITY BITES>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    writersu wrote:

I was on Soundgarden's stage at the HOTTEST show I was ever at (Temp-wise!!!) At the Armory in NYC on June 17th...in like...uhm...1993?

I used to know a lot of the security...and they would let me over the front barracades at shows like this...Roseland etc...That night the place was like 100+. Un-f*ing believably HOT. Not sure how...but I ended up sitting on the side of the stage "Stone side" on a cooler. :D

Said hi to the whole band...but that was it....didn't even kiss anyone or anything!
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    I was on Soundgarden's stage at the HOTTEST show I was ever at (Temp-wise!!!) At the Armory in NYC on June 17th...in like...uhm...1993?

I used to know a lot of the security...and they would let me over the front barracades at shows like this...Roseland etc...That night the place was like 100+. Un-f*ing believably HOT. Not sure how...but I ended up sitting on the side of the stage "Stone side" on a cooler. :D

Said hi to the whole band...but that was it....didn't even kiss anyone or anything!

so, tell me you as well as Sen, or anyone else who has been on stage with a band...(other than being family or friends with them) how does someone get to be that close to the band?
    I could be crude in joking of course and say well being like maybe 19, dressed suggestively, hot, whatever would do it. But #1 that is no longer an option for me, and #2, much more respectively, that while I am sure you dress nice to attend these things and look your best, I doubt you are "bimbowing it up" just to get close.........so how?

(oh except for Sen's date with the Kidd----I say Bimbo it up girl!!)lol

• Options
    writersu wrote:
    so, tell me you as well as Sen, or anyone else who has been on stage with a band...(other than being family or friends with them) how does someone get to be that close to the band?
    I could be crude in joking of course and say well being like maybe 19, dressed suggestively, hot, whatever would do it. But #1 that is no longer an option for me, and #2, much more respectively, that while I am sure you dress nice to attend these things and look your best, I doubt you are "bimbowing it up" just to get close.........so how?

(oh except for Sen's date with the Kidd----I say Bimbo it up girl!!)lol

Dress cute, smile pretty, be genuine, friendly and polite.

***EDIT*** It also helps to be a little crazy. :) The day I met the guard who befriended me...and through whom I met the others...but he was the best guard hook-up...

Well...I was at a Blind Melon, Screaming Trees, Neil Young show at Jones Beach. It was POURING POURING POURING rain. I was down in the front rocking out with a few others and I think he was impressed with my tenacity...Or something! The dress cute thing clearly didn't apply that day!!!! ********
  • Options
    Ok...So the tips I gave in my last post certainly had NOTHING to do with my kissing Ed on NYE in 1992.

That story goes like this....(Rather simple little tale)

Pearl Jam played...it was my first show...I was already a PJ nut and I was at the show by myself. Keith Richards was playing and I was chatting with two guys...very near to midnight. All of a sudden the dudes...who were not PJ nuts...were like..."Look up...It's Pearl Jam!"

OK...The Academy was an old theater and had like theater boxes along the side walls. Pearl Jam was watching Keith about eight feet over my head. (First box closest to the stage on Mike's side.) The guys were both tall...and said..."Come on...say HI!! We'll pick you up!!" So the two guys hoisted me over their heads.

So...I was like pulling up on the box...and at first Ed had his arms open wide...like "hey :) ". Then I think my adrenaline kicked in MAJOR as I tried to pull myslef up toward them (I was young ;) ) and he like backed away as I must have looked a bit mad. I was saying stuff to him ...and in retrospect I figure it HAD TO BE: "You have to let me kiss you...You have to let me kiss you!" And.....so he did! (left cheek) Then Mike handed me a glass and I took a sip of champagne. Then the guys arms started growing weak and I was brought "down to earth. :) "

After me...a lot of people tried to go up there ...but the guys wouldn't have anything to do with them. I only got play as I was the first one.

That is my story of how I kissed Eddie Vedder on New Years Eve.
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    Ok...So the tips I gave in my last post certainly had NOTHING to do with my kissing Ed on NYE in 1992.

Pearl Jam played...it was my first show...I was already a PJ nut and I was at the show by myself. Keith Richards was playing and I was chatting with two guys...very near to midnight. All of a sudden the dudes...who were not PJ nuts...were like..."Look up...It's Pearl Jam!"

OK...The Academy was an old theater and had like theater boxes along the side walls. Pearl Jam was watching Keith about eight feet over my head. (First box closest to the stage on Mike's side.) The guys were both tall...and said..."Come on...say HI!! We'll pick you up!!" So the two guys hoisted me over their heads.

So...I was like pulling up on the box...and at first Ed had his arms open wide...like "hey :) ". Then I think my adrenaline kicked in MAJOR as I tried to pull myslef up toward them (I was young ;) ) and he like backed away as I must have looked a bit mad. I was saying stuff to him ...and in retrospect I figure it HAD TO BE: "You have to let me kiss you...You have to let me kiss you!" And.....so he did! (left cheek) Then Mike handed me a glass and I took a sip of champagne. Then the guys arms started growing weak and I was brought "down to earth. :) "

After me...a lot of people tried to go up there ...but the guys wouldn't have anything to do with them. I only got play as I was the first one.

:eek: THE MASTER HANDED YOU CHAMPAGNE???????? :eek: thats freakin RADD!!!!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:

that's a fucking excellent story... you sound like the kinda person who could write a book :p hahaha... I love when you say you must have looked a bit mad :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    writersu wrote:
    oh, then we know each other in dreams possibly...........

I'm the thin one with the long blond hair that lives in Key West and Kentucky as well a short time in Chicago. Did I mention I play guitar and my dad's Greg Allman?

DREAM EVEN BIGGER when REALITY BITES>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    :eek: that's YOU? Man we had SOOOOOOO much fun at the showbox :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    writersu wrote:
    I(oh except for Sen's date with the Kidd----I say Bimbo it up girl!!)lol

interesting question. if anyone knows me, they KNOW i am not a high class ho so i dont dress the part! EXXXCEPT when it comes to KID ROCK :D

seriously tho um.....i guess its been being atthe right place at the right time. I met Ed while i was on my way back to the line from using the bathroom at a grocery store! :D me and a friend decided to walk around the other corner just becuz. right as we saw a friend of ours and stopped to talk, there comes ed right before us. i didnt wanna meet him but....my friend shoved me over to him! :eek: i got to meet dave grohl and wil farrel and......jack black too. I never "MET" The Master but boy did i have an exxxperience...... ;)

just dont STALK the band. thats a definite no where they are concerned! :)

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    interesting question. if anyone knows me, they KNOW i am not a high class ho so i dont dress the part! EXXXCEPT when it comes to KID ROCK :D

seriously tho um.....i guess its been being atthe right place at the right time. I met Ed while i was on my way back to the line from using the bathroom at a grocery store! :D me and a friend decided to walk around the other corner just becuz. right as we saw a friend of ours and stopped to talk, there comes ed right before us. i didnt wanna meet him but....my friend shoved me over to him! :eek: i got to meet dave grohl and wil farrel and......jack black too. I never "MET" The Master but boy did i have an exxxperience...... ;)

just dont STALK the band. thats a definite no where they are concerned! :)

No stalking is NOT cool, agreed.

But where the hell do you go to the grocery store and see famous people? Shit, the most famous person in my neighborhood is some guy who was in Survivor amd now he's a mid life crisis dude who still wears spandex pants. Other than that these "burbs" are totally lifeless and I don't think I even count the ex famous guy as anything much.

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    writersu wrote:
    No stalking is NOT cool, agreed.

But where the hell do you go to the grocery store and see famous people? Shit, the most famous person in my neighborhood is some guy who was in Survivor amd now he's a mid life crisis dude who still wears spandex pants. Other than that these "burbs" are totally lifeless and I don't think I even count the ex famous guy as anything much.

LA = famous people in grocery stores

suburban chicago = nobodies from survivor

:D
  • Options
    TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    cutback wrote:

haha.. the truth :cool:
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • Options
    cutback wrote:

see what I mean?

but I was in LA and I was even at that Chinese theatre thing and I saw NO ONE.....not even Hilllary Duff or some other "star" that kids would be into. Zero. No one. No "stars are just like us" as they say in the magazines... they are NOT like me.......they are probably having fun right now.....oh well.

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    :eek: THE MASTER HANDED YOU CHAMPAGNE???????? :eek: thats freakin RADD!!!!!!

yeah, and weren't those guys awesome? we had to lose the fools literally, right? but isn't that the way it always is? being chased that is....hmmmmmm

• Options
    writersu wrote:
    see what I mean?

but I was in LA and I was even at that Chinese theatre thing and I saw NO ONE.....not even Hilllary Duff or some other "star" that kids would be into. Zero. No one. No "stars are just like us" as they say in the magazines... they are NOT like me.......they are probably having fun right now.....oh well.

hahahaha well, it cant be PLANNED or anything cuz its just random. And i dont think any stars hang out at the chinese anymore. the restaurants, yes. i was at Mels diner on sunset one night around oh i dont know.....3am and kelly osbourne walked in with the dude from the used and some other peeps and sat right behind us. her and i shared words in the bathroom. haha

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    hahahaha well, it cant be PLANNED or anything cuz its just random. And i dont think any stars hang out at the chinese anymore. the restaurants, yes. i was at Mels diner on sunset one night around oh i dont know.....3am and kelly osbourne walked in with the dude from the used and some other peeps and sat right behind us. her and i shared words in the bathroom. haha

do YOU need a personal assistant? I can come out to LA, hang out with you, laugh at all of your jokes, make it look like YOU are the coolest........and meet famous people as well.

All the celebs are doing it
    I heard that Britney Spears paid girls to hang with her so she appears to have a entourage..........

• Options
    writersu wrote:
    do YOU need a personal assistant? I can come out to LA, hang out with you, laugh at all of your jokes, make it look like YOU are the coolest........and meet famous people as well.

All the celebs are doing it
    I heard that Britney Spears paid girls to hang with her so she appears to have a entourage..........

i dont NEED to pay for an entourage....i got my own posse and we roll DEEP! :cool: we support EACH OTHER! hahaha and what do ya mean 'MAKE IT LOOK LIKE IM THE COOLEST'???? i AM!!! :D by the way, me and 'the posse' were up close and personal with the drummer for Foo Fighters friday night......u should come to L.A ;)

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    i dont NEED to pay for an entourage....i got my own posse and we roll DEEP! :cool: we support EACH OTHER! hahaha and what do ya mean 'MAKE IT LOOK LIKE IM THE COOLEST'???? i AM!!! :D by the way, me and 'the posse' were up close and personal with the drummer for Foo Fighters friday night......u should come to L.A ;)

Ok, tell me the truth, are you like the Banger Sisters??????

• Options
    writersu wrote:
    Ok, tell me the truth, are you like the Banger Sisters??????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA me and pixxx? we have 2 others but one has a bf now so she just helps us! ;)

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA me and pixxx? we have 2 others but one has a bf now so she just helps us! ;)

\
    boyfriend, shmoifriend, they all start out the same then if you marry them, they throw their dirty socks on the floor, keep the toilet seat up, do not appear as cute drunk as they were when you were dating them, and suddenly want to stay home and watch tv.......so yuk.........

good for you girls. really. i give credit to any girl who is respectable, (because you guys do sound like you are----now I didn't say "nuns", I just said respectable,) and who can play guys games right back at them. awesome.

• Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    http://picasaweb.google.com/vedderfan10/FlightToMars/photo#5053325234821659906

OK...last year's FTM - met several Pitmates who were so cool! And also got to meet Mike. So, yeah, I didn't kiss him..

If you look closely, the thing on his shoulder is my Jimi Hendrix Christmas Tree Ornament that I wanted Mike to see. As it was the only I had, I didn't want to give it to him - and also his baby was going to be born any minute so he probably didn't need more clutter....That stupid ornament plays "Purple Haze" and it's just so darned tacky!! My friend Lizardking had already shown it to Mike for me, cuz nobody knew if he was going to come out for an entire meet and greet...with everyone...

Also, I took my 5 x 1 book to get people to sign...so Mike signed it too, but in two places. He starts going through the book and telling stories about every picture. Quite a crowd had gathered around him while he went through the book - it was very hilarious! What a sweetheart...There were other people around that wanted a chance to meet him and have a chat, so I had to take my book from him (he didn't seem to want to let it go) and bid him farewell...Didn't want to monopolize him....

He's so down-to-earth...at ease talking with everyone and posing for photos...VERY nice guy...Then he put on such an awesome show! Wow!!

Yeah...so the story isn't too exciting...but it was pretty damned cool meeting him. Definitely a highlight, that's for sure!

I can't wait for the next PJ-related event so that I can get my 5 x 1 "yearbook" signed by more people...This whole experience has been a fantastic ride!!

PS. I think the only rock stars I have kissed = John Lodge of the Moody Blues...and I made out with Loverboy's drummer Matt Frennette back in 1987 during my own "rock star" life I was living at that time...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    http://picasaweb.google.com/vedderfan10/FlightToMars/photo#5053325234821659906

OK...last year's FTM - met several Pitmates who were so cool! And also got to meet Mike. So, yeah, I didn't kiss him..

If you look closely, the thing on his shoulder is my Jimi Hendrix Christmas Tree Ornament that I wanted Mike to see. As it was the only I had, I didn't want to give it to him - and also his baby was going to be born any minute so he probably didn't need more clutter....That stupid ornament plays "Purple Haze" and it's just so darned tacky!! My friend Lizardking had already shown it to Mike for me, cuz nobody knew if he was going to come out for an entire meet and greet...with everyone...

Also, I took my 5 x 1 book to get people to sign...so Mike signed it too, but in two places. He starts going through the book and telling stories about every picture. Quite a crowd had gathered around him while he went through the book - it was very hilarious! What a sweetheart...There were other people around that wanted a chance to meet him and have a chat, so I had to take my book from him (he didn't seem to want to let it go) and bid him farewell...Didn't want to monopolize him....

He's so down-to-earth...at ease talking with everyone and posing for photos...VERY nice guy...Then he put on such an awesome show! Wow!!

Yeah...so the story isn't too exciting...but it was pretty damned cool meeting him. Definitely a highlight, that's for sure!

I can't wait for the next PJ-related event so that I can get my 5 x 1 "yearbook" signed by more people...This whole experience has been a fantastic ride!!

PS. I think the only rock stars I have kissed = John Lodge of the Moody Blues...and I made out with Loverboy's drummer Matt Frennette back in 1987 during my own "rock star" life I was living at that time...

are u CRAZY???!!!! this story is very exxxciting! it includes The Master, how can it not be? and let me just say that reading this made me SO happy! i hadd a really badd day and this made me feel better! congrats on meeting the BADDASS!!! and AWESOME picture!!!! :D

• Options
    you kissed yourself??

Happy New Year SENROCK!!!!
    and to Pixie.

thanks for sharing. actually, I have to read it again- without caffeine. :o
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    gotz idgotz id Posts: 125
    PJPixie wrote:
    well, jeff is married in spirit to YEILD2PEARLJAM and if SHE found out you kissed him..............um yeah, I don't wanna go there ...........lol.

;(
    I wish I was the 10Club holiday single, the one that never showed up...