Options

this one's for hippiemom

Comments

• Options
    BlancheBlanche Posts: 247
    Hi hippiemom!

I'm sure you'll have more important things to do than hang out here, like resting up and getting well, but I'm not the only one who feels it's wonderful to see you're back!

Take care!

:)
  • Options
    shell bellshell bell Posts: 337
    best wishes hippymom!I love reading your posts and I hope that your treatment and recovery are speedy.
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • Options
    Get well soon Hippiemom, we need you here :)

Simon
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    rockrock Posts: 51
    Yay you're back! So glad to see that you're doing a bit better and was able to take the time to post, despite the wobblyness. You just concentrate on getting better still and we'll continue sending those "get well vibes"! Am looking forward to reading your postst again but am looking forward even more to you getting rid of those wobblies!
  • Options
    Welcome back Laura!!!! Take your time, get well again...then come back to us!! Hugs and lotsa love, Christie
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Hippiemom!
    Wow!

I haven’t been here for quite a while, but here I see this!
    I’m sorry to hear you’re down!
    I'm sorry to see that you're going through this, but it looks like they caught it early.

Steppenwolf, hang in there, too! It's hard to see things happen to people you love.

Well, welcome to the club. You’re both about to become stronger and appreciate life even more than you do now!

I’m a survivor of stage 4 melanoma. It was skin cancer that had spread to some of my internal organs and was considered pretty much incurable. I was pretty much written off for done about 5 years ago.

Ha ha!! I’m still here! :D

I’ll leave you with this statement that came true, even though I didn’t believe it at the time.
    When I found out my cancer had spread, and that I was in big trouble, I was studying guitar with Robert Fripp. He found out about my diagnosis, and we had a long long talk.
    In his quiet and introspective way, the first thing he said to me was,

“Sometimes blessings come from the strangest places”

It became true!

I became a stronger person as I went through the ordeal and dealt with my mortality, my illness, the medical system, and the people around me.

I learned to appreciate the most amazing fine points that life has to offer, be it a cool little bird hopping around in my back yard or a great concert. That life is here to live the way YOU want it, not the way other people feel that you should live it!
    I became more forgiving and understanding with other people.
    I speak out more about the wrongs I see done to other people, and I feel like I know what’s important in life.

Another thing that happened, my friends and loved ones also became stronger, too. They saw my plight, and pitched in with tons of support, and they also came to the realization that life should be grasped NOW!
    Many of them learned and laughed and cried with me, and kept me out in the world and kept me active, which ultimately led to my cure.

Steppenwolf, I don’t even know your relationship with Hippiemom, but you are DEFINITELY a good one! :cool:

If you two ever need anything, send me a note.

I wish you all the strength and patience and health and speedy recovery. We can all walk that survivors lap together! :cool:

All my best to you,
    Old hippie Bob

:D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    Wow.

I don't know what to say. You guys are the best :) I'm truly blown away.

Thank you so much ... all your thoughts and prayers must have made a difference, because here I am.

I'm a bit wobbly at the moment, but I just wanted to stop by for a minute to tell you all how very much I love you, and how much this means to me.

All the love in the world,
    Laura

ahah! YES!

Here come the shivers again... GOOD ones this time.

So happy to see you again :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    So glad you're home! Be sure and rest up and take care of yourself. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Hippiemom!
    Wow!

I haven’t been here for quite a while, but here I see this!
    I’m sorry to hear you’re down!
    I'm sorry to see that you're going through this, but it looks like they caught it early.

Steppenwolf, hang in there, too! It's hard to see things happen to people you love.

Well, welcome to the club. You’re both about to become stronger and appreciate life even more than you do now!

I’m a survivor of stage 4 melanoma. It was skin cancer that had spread to some of my internal organs and was considered pretty much incurable. I was pretty much written off for done about 5 years ago.

Ha ha!! I’m still here! :D

I’ll leave you with this statement that came true, even though I didn’t believe it at the time.
    When I found out my cancer had spread, and that I was in big trouble, I was studying guitar with Robert Fripp. He found out about my diagnosis, and we had a long long talk.
    In his quiet and introspective way, the first thing he said to me was,

“Sometimes blessings come from the strangest places”

It became true!

I became a stronger person as I went through the ordeal and dealt with my mortality, my illness, the medical system, and the people around me.

I learned to appreciate the most amazing fine points that life has to offer, be it a cool little bird hopping around in my back yard or a great concert. That life is here to live the way YOU want it, not the way other people feel that you should live it!
    I became more forgiving and understanding with other people.
    I speak out more about the wrongs I see done to other people, and I feel like I know what’s important in life.

Another thing that happened, my friends and loved ones also became stronger, too. They saw my plight, and pitched in with tons of support, and they also came to the realization that life should be grasped NOW!
    Many of them learned and laughed and cried with me, and kept me out in the world and kept me active, which ultimately led to my cure.

Steppenwolf, I don’t even know your relationship with Hippiemom, but you are DEFINITELY a good one! :cool:

If you two ever need anything, send me a note.

I wish you all the strength and patience and health and speedy recovery. We can all walk that survivors lap together! :cool:

All my best to you,
    Old hippie Bob

:D

and the world is a much better place with you still in it. :)
    ...wish you came around these parts more often.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    steppenwolfsteppenwolf Posts: 164
    this is a woman who will never cease to amaze me. her brilliance shines, and i am so grateful to have gotten to known her like i have. i have never even met her in the flesh, yet her personality, understanding, and love, resonate deeply in everything i do. she's had a profound affect on my life.

i love you laura. welcome home.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    this is a woman who will never cease to amaze me. her brilliance shines, and i am so grateful to have gotten to known her like i have. i have never even met her in the flesh, yet her personality, understanding, and love, resonate deeply in everything i do. she's had a profound affect on my life.

i love you laura. welcome home.

i was lucky enough to have met Laura and she is one of the most radiant, genuine people I have ever met. She is really an amazing person. Nothing like these women on the train :D

I knew nothing would keep her from the upcoming tour news :)
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    welcome back!
  • Options
    Take care and keep healing.
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Awww Laura :o If I knew how to make my letters big and bold and pink, I certainly would :D but wow, it's great that you're back home, absolutely brilliant.

Now rest up and come back to us in full force - although even a half hippiemom is still pretty special :)

Love ya

P.S. Listen to Bob :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    Awww Laura :o If I knew how to make my letters big and bold and pink, I certainly would :D but wow, it's great that you're back home, absolutely brilliant.

Now rest up and come back to us in full force - although even a half hippiemom is still pretty special :)

Love ya

P.S. Listen to Bob :D

I agree.... WELCOME BACK,

but do rest...
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    Collin wrote:
    I agree.... WELCOME BACK,

but do rest...

:o Awww, thanks Collin :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    So good to see you back Laura. I hope things keep going in a positive direction. :) That was quite a scare!!!
    Love to you...Heather
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    Eva7Eva7 Posts: 226
    hippiemom wrote:
    Wow.

Thank you so much ... all your thoughts and prayers must have made a difference, because here I am.

I'm a bit wobbly at the moment, but I just wanted to stop by for a minute to tell you all how very much I love you, and how much this means to me.

Laura

Laura!!! How great it is to hear from you! Thank you so much for stopping by! I wish you to recover completely very soon, don't give up!!!!

(((((((LAURA))))))
  • Options
    RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,824
    Glad to know you're on the way to recovery, hippiemom! You are most welcome here. Rest up, but don't forget to return.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,156
    Good news.

The rest of us here will just have to continue ot make assanine comments...forcing you to come back as soon as possible to set us straight.

Take care. Get well.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    Wow.

Laura

Aww we love u too girl! WELCOME HOME!!!!!!! I'm glad to see you are on the mend, and we'll all be here for u through the Chemo! Good luck sweetie, and all the best! ((hugs))
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    steppenwolfsteppenwolf Posts: 164
    laura just wanted me to pass on to you all she's checking the messages here everday and that you should know it means A LOT to her. She's still very weak; just getting up to get to the computer is a monumental task, and drains her energies pretty good.

it means a lot to me, too. thanks so much.
  • Options
    idratherbeidratherbe Posts: 367
    Aw hippiemom, I didn't see this till today. I missed the rollercoaster ride, but here I am at the end welcoming you back and wishing you all the best in the world. Take good care of yourself and DON'T RUSH ANYTHING... you deserve to come back at the pace you're supposed to (slowly and carefully). Everything will still be there when you're up to 100% again. :)

And we still need to rock out to Zep together, woman!!!

I must say I'm heartened by the coming together of *all* sides of *all* the arguments in this thread. Thankfully, we revealed that we are, above all, human beings who care for one another. I like thinking that THIS is the spirit of the fans of the band that brings us all together!

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • Options
    Great to hear Hippiemom is doing much better! I say we put aside a bottle of red wine and get ready for her homecoming party over here in Pearljam land...
    * Molson Amphitheatre - June 28, 2003
    * Air Canada Centre - Sept 19, 2005
    * Eddie Vedder- Massey Hall- Aug 12, 2008
    * Molson Amphitheatre - Aug 21, 2009
    * HSBC Arena - May 10, 2010
    * Air Canada Centre - Sept 11 2011
    * Air Canada Centre - Sept 12 2011

• Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    I just found out the news today... I haven't been keeping up with the pits very much...but I'm glad I got to find out it went well and you're recovering, Laura!

I don't know you or even met you in person, but I can tell you are very respected - and adored by many here! ;)

Even EK and abook love you so much - that's how I knew what you looked like in person, they showed me a picture of you, your hubby and others at even flow?'s house in Canada!

You are a beautiful person - inside and outside! :)

Get well, Laura!!

xoxo
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    Good news.

The rest of us here will just have to continue ot make assanine comments...forcing you to come back as soon as possible to set us straight.

Take care. Get well.
    I especially liked this comment! Take care, rest up and we'll talk to you soon. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Good news.

Take care. Get well.

And you're doing a great job Cincy :D

Laura, see what we have to put up with? :( It's just not the same.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    Good Morning Hippie.. I bet everyday is a blessing and a challenge.

by the way.. who is this steppenwolf dude? Its sometimes difficult to distinguish personalities here in the pit.. now that he is linked to hippiemom - he immediately gains significant stature with me.

Hope today is as good as it can be!
  • Options
    Abuskedti wrote:
    Good Morning Hippie.. I bet everyday is a blessing and a challenge.

by the way.. who is this steppenwolf dude? Its sometimes difficult to distinguish personalities here in the pit.. now that he is linked to hippiemom - he immediately gains significant stature with me.

Hope today is as good as it can be!
    I have met him - very cool dude indeed! :) Good morning Hippiemom - hope you're getting stronger each day! :)
  • Options
    Welcome back Laura! Its really good to see you back and posting again. Get well first though!! :D)

And ditto everyone else!
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019