Options

this one's for hippiemom

Comments

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    hippiemom wrote:
    Well, I went to the doc today and got my biopsy results back. Its a stage 3 cancer, and the chemo will start in 2-3 weeks. This doesn't work out so well for me with the tour plans, but I'm buying tix for the Cleveland show at least on Leg 1. I hope I'll be able to meet some of you there. I should be easy to find ... I'll be the bald lady in the front row :)

i WISH i could make it out to the clevelnad show just to meet you at a pearl jam show! someday, it WILL happen, and i am holding you to excellent health to be certain it happens. :)

hope you are doing well my friend.

btw - i hope you have a BLAST at the show, balding or not....ya never know, it may not happen. either way, you are a most beautiful woman, inside and out.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Hippiemom, I don't know you but, just like everybody else here, I really want you to overcome this thing and go to a PJ show where you can be in the front with Eddie and Stone! It's cool to see a community of PJ fans who support you so much... have fun at the show.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I don't think Hippiemom was able to get tickets, if I read correctly earlier. Hopefully, someone will hook her up with some, or she can get them from TM. :(
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    wolfbear wrote:
    I don't think Hippiemom was able to get tickets, if I read correctly earlier. Hopefully, someone will hook her up with some, or she can get them from TM. :(

I hope I didn't embarrass you, hippiemom, but I emailed10c about you.

I asked them to please give the Cleveland tickets to you... :o

There also will be people who can't make it to the show for some reason and they usually post it in the Porch.

That is what I am going to look for, too - in case the TM system didn't do justice for me.

You WILL go to this show, Laura. :)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    IamMine wrote:
    I hope I didn't embarrass you, hippiemom, but I emailed10c about you.

I asked them to please give the Cleveland tickets to you... :o

You WILL go to this show, Laura. :)

excellent idea!
    i definitely *see* her there, as well she should be! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    You guys are too sweet :)

I did get shut out from the Cleveland show, which sorta sucks because it's the only one my daughter can go to because the others are on school nights and out of town, and I already let her miss school to go to the London show last September, but when I couldn't get them I went ahead and bought tickets for Detroit, so I will see at least one show this tour. I'm a little worried about my energy level for driving to Detroit and then going to the show, since I'll be doing the chemo then, but I'll figure something out ... go up the day before or something. And there's always lots and lots of espresso, that works too :D

And like you mentioned, there will be people who can't go for one reason or another, I'm still hopeful that I'll get in somehow without having to resort to Ticketfuckers .... I really hate those guys, I always avoid using them when I can, but I don't think these tix will be available at the arena box office.

We'll see ... if I'm meant to be there, I'll be there. If not, I'll see you in the Motor City, and my silly bald head won't stop me from enjoying it thoroughly :)
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    hippiemom wrote:

We'll see ... if I'm meant to be there, I'll be there. If not, I'll see you in the Motor City, and my silly bald head won't stop me from enjoying it thoroughly :)

I absolutely LOVE thhis attitude! :)

Also, I've known women who have undergone chemotherapy and lost their hair. I've noticed that when it grows back, its absolutely beautiful. :):)
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    ill be at the detroit show.
  • Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    hippiemom wrote:

I did get shut out from the Cleveland show, which sorta sucks because it's the only one my daughter can go to because the others are on school nights and out of town, and I already let her miss school to go to the London show last September, but when I couldn't get them I went ahead and bought tickets for Detroit, so I will see at least one show this tour. I'm a little worried about my energy level for driving to Detroit and then going to the show, since I'll be doing the chemo then, but I'll figure something out ... go up the day before or something. And there's always lots and lots of espresso, that works too :D

And like you mentioned, there will be people who can't go for one reason or another, I'm still hopeful that I'll get in somehow without having to resort to Ticketfuckers .... I really hate those guys, I always avoid using them when I can, but I don't think these tix will be available at the arena box office.

Hey, I got Detroit tix too!!!
    Try to plan the treatments so the day of the show will be one of your better days.
    Yeah, we are going to rock out the palace!!!
    Woot!!!
    I hope you feel good all the time, but especially long enough to enjoy the show!!!
    You know, I seem healthy when people just look at me, but I have this whole set of issues when I go to a show or anything like that. Sound and lights trigger my seizures..I use earplugs and sunglasses sometimes. I have huge energy problems...and I sit when I feel I need to.
    To hell with what anyone around me thinks...I am not going to let my illness stop me from enjoying what I want.

It all good!!!
    See you in May!!!
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    I love hippiemom
  • Options
    angelicaangelica Posts: 6,038
    I want to add to the love for hippiemom, too.:)
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!
  • Options
    TruthmongerTruthmonger Posts: 559
    Hi Hippiemom, I haven't been on the MT much lately, but I just wanted to express my admiration to/for you. Ironically, I was going to do it several weeks ago before this thread developed, and never did. That thought was prompted by your posts here, which are usually very rational, lucid and informative. I've always appreciated them.

All the best.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    hippiemom wrote:

I had a silly bald head once and I wore it with pride, like some kind of anti-cancer warrior, and I have a feeling you will do the same.

I still think that the outpouring of love and support on the board is one of the most awesome things I have ever seen. You are truly loved and respected by so many, myself included.

Stay strong and kick ass!!!
  • Options
    Dollpartz wrote:
    I had a silly bald head once and I wore it with pride, like some kind of anti-cancer warrior, and I have a feeling you will do the same.

I still think that the outpouring of love and support on the board is one of the most awesome things I have ever seen. You are truly loved and respected by so many, myself included.

Stay strong and kick ass!!!

Hehe... funny you mentioned that.

Hubby and I were just talking about shaving my head off the other day...

I said I'd do it if I was in a... um, let's just say "better" shape. :D

He thinks I could pull it off. hehe

I think I might just let my hair grow some more and then shock the shit out of everyone.

I've done this before...but not shaving my head, though. My hair was down to my buttocks and had it all cut off short like Charlize Theron's hair in one of her movies, I forgot what it was called.. but she looked so good with little hair that it inspired me to do so.

Unfortunately, I looked like a lesbian to a lot of people. My sister cried. :rolleyes:

It's truly amazing how people's behavior and persective of you are based on your HAIR.

Fucking hair, people...or none. ;)
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    IamMine wrote:
    Hubby and I were just talking about shaving my head off the other day...
    Please dear, let's not get carried away .... shave off your hair if you must, but not your whole head ;)
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    hippiemom wrote:
    Please dear, let's not get carried away .... shave off your hair if you must, but not your whole head ;)

That might hurt a bit
  • Options
    Dollpartz wrote:
    That might hurt a bit
    Plus it would be awfully messy, I'd think.
  • Options
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God...no wonder I was repeatedly told to re-READ my writings before submitting... jeez.

You should see me in my virtual classroom... I'd say something like that and I get a big laugh!

Funny thing is, they think I say those things on PURPOSE!

;) Which is fine... glad I can get away with that. :p:D

But ahh, ok... I'll consider not shaving my head off... but thanks for your concerns.

:D
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    I know so many men and women that have been on chemo, and really, once they release the worries about being bald, then it's really freeing.
    When I was on chemo, I finally shaved my head when my hair started going, and then when it wasn't really growing at all, it was actually cool to just get up, wash my head and go! :cool:

I went to Sweden when I was on chemo, and we ended up in an ice museum, and my friend took this pic:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/mynamehere/swedenonchemo.jpg

Maybe I'll try to get to one of the shows you're going to just to give you a big hug, Hippiemom!

AND IamMine
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

Laura, I know a girl who shaved her head for charity so maybe you can just tell people you've done the same :)

And since we mapped our route for next year, Cleveland IS on it so I hope you're fit for those rollercoasters :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    I went to Sweden when I was on chemo, and we ended up in an ice museum, and my friend took this pic:

Maybe I'll try to get to one of the shows you're going to just to give you a big hug, Hippiemom!

AND IamMine

Bob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):D

I never get sick of that picture...it's so hot. ;)

Hope to see you at one of the shows!

*hugs*
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    I know so many men and women that have been on chemo, and really, once they release the worries about being bald, then it's really freeing.
    When I was on chemo, I finally shaved my head when my hair started going, and then when it wasn't really growing at all, it was actually cool to just get up, wash my head and go! :cool:

AND IamMine
    I'm not worried about being bald, I really couldn't care less. I've always hated my hair anyway, it will be one less thing to have to fool around with every day, and maybe it will grow back better than it is now.

Love the picture! I hope you'll be able to hit Cleveland and/or Detroit, I'd love to meet you! :)
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    hippiemom wrote:
    I'm not worried about being bald, I really couldn't care less. I've always hated my hair anyway, it will be one less thing to have to fool around with every day, and maybe it will grow back better than it is now.

Love the picture! I hope you'll be able to hit Cleveland and/or Detroit, I'd love to meet you! :)

Just look how awesome Demi Moore and Natalie Portman looked without hair.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    Just look how awesome Demi Moore and Natalie Portman looked without hair.
    Hahahahaha!!!! Well, I'm not exactly Natalie Portman, so I'm not expecting to look fabulous, but I'll deal with it :D
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    hippiemom wrote:
    Hahahahaha!!!! Well, I'm not exactly Natalie Portman, so I'm not expecting to look fabulous, but I'll deal with it :D

i am sure you are quite beautiful :)
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    i am sure you are quite beautiful :)

She is, I saw her picture.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    mammasan wrote:
    She is, I saw her picture.
    Some how I get the feeling that hippiemom is a lady that you both find beautiful and love from the inside out.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    Some how I get the feeling that hippiemom is a lady that you both find beautiful and love from the inside out.

Most definetly. Though I have never met her in person she is one of the finer classier people I have every had the fortune of interacting with.
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    i have had my concerns about the road u have to take..u have big courage girl..i have also seen pics of you somewhere last summer..u r a beautiful lady , not only in spirit, but physically attractive...girl..i just wanna say that no matter what cloth u darn, you will be beautiful.....u r one that can wear a gunny sac and still be attracitve.....u have more courage than i hippie mom...i can't even go through idea of sticking needle in me on weekly basis..i'm chicken u r stong...stay strong with your heart and spririt...ur strong mind will carry you to sunny skies once again..i believe in ya, hippiemom...u true warrior.....feeling sunshine of hippiemom on my soul this a.m...gotta go to lil corporate job.....
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    hippiemom wrote:
    I did get shut out from the Cleveland show, which sorta sucks

Sorta sucks???????? :)
    You've changed your place in this world!