inmytree wrote:
    [size=+3]postive (((((((((vibes)))))))) to you and Hippiemom...[/size]

heheh i like it

go you and hippimom!
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Hope alls well.

((hugs))
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    happy to see your posts again hippiemom. all the best for strength and recovery. be well. :)
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    More hugs for you as you recuperate, hippiemom. :)

((((((monstahloadsahugs)))))) :)
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    It's my 4th day home, and I'm feeling much better already. You'll know when I'm back at full strength, because someone will start a thread about the medical establishment and I'm going to go off like you've never seen before. I am NOT impressed so far!

I've still got a long way to go ... waiting for biopsies before I'll know any details about the chemo or any other treatment ... but to me, the surgery was the worst of it and at least that's behind me.

I LOVE that this thread is on the Train! We have the reputation of being the "mean" section of the board, where people are rude to one another and do nothing but fight all day long. We can sometimes be rude and nasty, but this thread proves, I think, what a wonderful bunch we truly are. There are plenty of people here wishing me well who have never agreed with a word I have to say politically. It's possible to disagree with one another and still be friends, still care what happens to each other, and this thread proves that like no other that I've seen. This really is a beautiful place <3<3<3

Once again, many thanks from the bottom of my heart. I truly love you all.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    hippiemom wrote:
    It's my 4th day home, and I'm feeling much better already. You'll know when I'm back at full strength, because someone will start a thread about the medical establishment and I'm going to go off like you've never seen before. I am NOT impressed so far!

I've still got a long way to go ... waiting for biopsies before I'll know any details about the chemo or any other treatment ... but to me, the surgery was the worst of it and at least that's behind me.

I LOVE that this thread is on the Train! We have the reputation of being the "mean" section of the board, where people are rude to one another and do nothing but fight all day long. We can sometimes be rude and nasty, but this thread proves, I think, what a wonderful bunch we truly are. There are plenty of people here wishing me well who have never agreed with a word I have to say politically. It's possible to disagree with one another and still be friends, still care what happens to each other, and this thread proves that like no other that I've seen. This really is a beautiful place <3<3<3

Well said! Eddie said at the HOB that good things can come out of bad. :) So glad you're feeling better.
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    hippiemom wrote:

And it goes without saying that we trule love you too :)

But yep, only you're capable of bringing us all together. And it proves how much everyone cares about how you're doing.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    hippiemom wrote:

hippiemom!
    welcome home! our hearts have united to pull strength to keep you going...i have to agree with you...when i came to m/t...i thought that "bad" spirits lived here....and then something happened...even though i have had "highs" and "lows" here, i can always depend on ppl here at moving train to come through for whatever the question...i want to personally thank all of you for this experience...u see, before obi once sent me some pearl jam stuff, i never heard not even a song in which i'm familiar...uh...yeah, that's right, i'm not a fan of pearl jam..never have been and probably never will be of theri music....but as far as the community who loves this music, i call edgy, i say you are my ppl....thank you for allowing me to grow and discover what others think about wht is going on in country, as well as globe....i love you, hippiemom, as much as i love all of the folks here at m/t, even though we may not always see eye to eye...this is our training ground...so the moving train is doing the job it is intended to do, and i believe that is to cross cultural lines of understanding and experience...you also have a wonderful fan, yourself...i call him je'sus...he has really shown me something special throughout your ordeall and once again, i can only savor what i feel about being part of this community....look for me and think of me as the sun shines on your soul.....u are especial.......welcome home....if i can ever help you, please don't ever hesitate....faithfully yours in life and spirit....
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    evenkatevenkat Posts: 380
    It sure is nice to see hippiemom on here again :) . Welcome home! We missed ya. I hope all is well.
    "...believe in lies...to get by...it's divine...whoa...oh, you know what its like..."
  • Options
    Hello hippiemom, I'm sort of new here, but I hope everything is progressing well for you.

And I also have to say that I'm overwhelmed with how wonderful and compasionate everyone here is, it's amazing.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,942
    welcome back hippiemom. hope you get better
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    hippiemom wrote:

great post, hippiemom. looking forward to your rant about the medical establishment, as it means you'll be feeling better, like you said :) i think there's a good reason this thread was a sticky, and your post says it all. stay well and keep feeling better!:)
  • Options
    KosmicJelliKosmicJelli Posts: 1,855
    Gracias Hippiemom for the Thank You! I hope you are doing well with your recovery! Seems like it by the looks of you posts...Even if I am a newbie...Smiles and hugs for you!
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    once again, so glad you're home....and so glad you have such a positive attitude about it all. :) wishing for you full and complete recovery, and the BEST of health, always...

CHEERS for HIPPIEMOM!

:D
    much love
    dream
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    So glad to see that you are home and doing better.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    AliAli Posts: 2,621
    Get well soon ,Hippie mom.

I need someone to debate with.

:D:(
    A whisper and a thrill
    A whisper and a chill
    adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
    The 11th Commandment.
    "Whatever"

PETITION TO STOP THE BAN OF SMOKING IN BARS IN THE UNITED STATES....Anyone?
  • Options
    tellerteller Posts: 16
    i just heard the news,

my pediatric nurse was kidnapped by a Siberian husky patrol-man with skis;

he went west took her to Alaska,

and nursed her back to health;

but the weather 'failed and she was committed to ulcers;

the ulcers bled her to death;

but she was nursed back to health by a gigantic 'Irish Polar Bear'?

^^^^^^^*carpa-diem*^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^?
  • Options
    tellerteller Posts: 16
    mammasan wrote:
    So glad to see that you are home and doing better.

^^^^^^^^^"the resonance of the insiduous shall be banished"^^^^^^^
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,374
    hippiemom wrote:

This made my day!!!!!!!!

Believe me, you are truely loved!!!

No matter who I disagree with, I've never wished bad or hurt on anyone.

I'm a lover, not a hater :)
  • Options
    Well, I went to the doc today and got my biopsy results back. Its a stage 3 cancer, and the chemo will start in 2-3 weeks. This doesn't work out so well for me with the tour plans, but I'm buying tix for the Cleveland show at least on Leg 1. I hope I'll be able to meet some of you there. I should be easy to find ... I'll be the bald lady in the front row :)
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    hippiemom wrote:
    Well, I went to the doc today and got my biopsy results back. Its a stage 3 cancer, and the chemo will start in 2-3 weeks. This doesn't work out so well for me with the tour plans, but I'm buying tix for the Cleveland show at least on Leg 1. I hope I'll be able to meet some of you there. I should be easy to find ... I'll be the bald lady in the front row :)

I wish I wasn't the first one to reply to this....

no response = sadness & tears.

It really makes me mad...with all the shit going on in this world...

We're thinking about going to Cleveland and we'd love to meet you!!!

Of course, we won't be in the front row but we'll know where to find ya.

Please keep me (and others) posted...

I wish I could hug you right now. :(

xoxoxo
    Mel
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    steppenwolfsteppenwolf Posts: 164
    It does sound a bit daunting, foreboding being in stage 3, and it is, however there are some positives in your favor, Laura my dear. I don't need to go over them all here with you, however there is one I need to point out: you've got the Pearl Jam nation on your side! :)
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,082
    Good thoughts coming your way.
    (((Laura)))))
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    It does sound a bit daunting, foreboding being in stage 3, and it is, however there are some positives in your favor, Laura my dear. I don't need to go over them all here with you, however there is one I need to point out: you've got the Pearl Jam nation on your side! :)
    Yes, she sure does! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    hailhailkchailhailkc Posts: 582
    hippiemom wrote:

I dedicate this song to you Laura. It just says it a lot better than I ever could. :)

Audioslave - Dandelion

Settle down now and sit with me
    Let me tell you how this all came to be
    A yellow flower with your petals to the air
    And flying on paper wings that brought you here
    Summer rolls on in the lazy hours
    An ether dream way
    Of hummingbirds and clouds
    Midnight swims in the cool back waves
    And you in my arms as it rolls away

Little dandelion
    Let your heart keep time
    Now the clouds are gone
    All of your tomorrows shine
    Oh oh
    Oh oh

Born of restless night the moon as a pearl
    Playing games down inside your soft warm world
    Hear my voice I know that you can
    You're the fire in my eyes
    The sun as a man
    Seasons come along and seasons go
    And what they'll leave behind
    I don't pretend to know
    I'm afraid that all I have missed
    Will loom very large when the darkness lifts

Little dandelion
    Let your heart keep time
    Now the clouds are gone

The Moving Train will ride by your side
    Wherever you go
    We won't run We won't hide
    Just letting you know

Little dandelion
    Let your heart keep time
    Now the clouds are gone
    MOSSAD NATO Alphabet Stations (E10)
    High Traffic ART EZI FTJ JSR KPA PCD SYN ULX VLB YHF
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
    Non Traffic ABC BAY FDU GBZ HNC NDP OEM ROV TMS ZWL
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Ah Laura... best wishes to you.
    I'll squint from the nosebleeds in Cleveland to catch you in first row :)

And seriously, just let us know if we can do anything for you.
    It would be a great honor :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    Ah Laura... best wishes to you.
    I'll squint from the nosebleeds in Cleveland to catch you in first row :)

And seriously, just let us know if we can do anything for you.
    It would be a great honor :)
    Squint from the nosebleeds, my ass! You're meeting up with me for the pre- and/or post-show party! :)
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:

Theres nothing in the world I respect more than someone who can make fun of themselves. Be well hippiemom, hope you make as many shows as you can.
    Right on dude!!!!!
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Theres nothing in the world I respect more than someone who can make fun of themselves.

I agree completely. If you start thinking it's the end of the world, well then it will be. Laura I'm soooo sorry to hear this :( . I'm sure it's pretty scary at the moment but you're strong enough to get through this and we're all here to help you in whatever way we can.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Cuntified CCuntified C Posts: 114
    My thoughts are with Hippie mom. I hope you pull through it.