Options

this one's for hippiemom

steppenwolfsteppenwolf Posts: 164
edited June 2008 in A Moving Train
i know these sorts of threads usually get deleted, but this isn't a usual thread.

our own hippiemom went in for surgery for ovarian cancer early Thursday morning. i'm having a hell of a day here. she should be home by now, and it doesn't seem like she'll be home soon.

i've been able to talk to her on the phone the last couple of nights, including the day of her surgery, and she sounded good, but yesterday, her lungs started getting congested. it's not good. she hasn't even been able to walk yet. she should be home by now.

i miss her so much.

we can't talk now. so, hopefully, next time we do i can read some of your support words to her. it would mean a lot.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    i don't really know either of you well on the boards, but really, all my best wishes go to Hippiemom and you too.

i'm sure hippiemom will get through it very soon!
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    You know our thoughts are with her! Keep us posted please. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    thanks guys. keep em coming. it means a lot.

i'm a fucking mess.
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    wow... I have chills all over me. I had no idea.
    What a beautiful person she is. Send her our best wishes.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    Hippiemom is the best. My thoughts are directed to her now for some positive vibes. Try not to worry too much, Steppenwolf, you know she wouldnt like you to get yourself sick on her behalf.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Thoughts and positive vibes to out to Hippiemom for a speedy recovery, and to you for some peace of mind. Hopefully she'll be home soon, and back on the MT.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    angelicaangelica Posts: 6,053
    Wow, I wish I'd have known. I am sending the very best of wishes to you hippiemom, that your body is strong and recovering as best as is possible! I wish that you are surrounded by the comfort and love of your family and special friends and that you are open to be embraced by their support and care are you move through this particular challenge.

I remember when I first came to this board. I thought you were an amazing voice of wisdom--very potent, wise and always fair. Get well soon, as we need you back here! :):):)
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    duggro wrote:
    i don't really know either of you well on the boards, but really, all my best wishes go to Hippiemom and you too.

i'm sure hippiemom will get through it very soon!

yeh , we hope gets you and hippie through it .

my thoughts go out to you

peace
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    I've never met her but I've known her on the boards for some time, shes a very positive person and she to my mind is the type of person who can recover from just about anything in some way.

so some extra positive thoughts from me to her.......
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    [size=+3]postive (((((((((vibes)))))))) to you and Hippiemom...[/size]
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Oh, hippiemom. Get well soon. And love to you.
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    I'll pray for you.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Thoughts are with you Hippiemom, hope you come home soon!
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    love you hippiemom. please come home.
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    I only recognize the nick, but my thoughts and prayers are with her and you!!

God Bless and prayin for a speedy recovery for hippiemom!!!!
  • Options
    My mother beat ovarian cancer 20 years ago, and has been healthy and cancer free ever since.

Best wishes, and keep positive...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    my thoughts are with you.

i hope hippiemom is well.

if there is anything that you or she needs, pm me.
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    Send my best to hippiemom. Best wishes and lots of love!!!

Let her know she's missed and dearly loved!
  • Options
    Laura is one of the strongest women I know, I'm sure this will be nothing for her to shake right off. Soon she'll be back on the Train inspiring us all the same way she always has. Much love sis. <3
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Good wishes to Hippiemom and Steppenwolf.

Here's to both of you seeing them on tour this year and hearing a little Magic Carpetride!!

Take care.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Get well soon
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    lotta love for hippiemom. be well, she'll be ok.
  • Options
    cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    For what its worth, I'm praying for Hippiemom right now.
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    cornnifer wrote:
    For what its worth, I'm praying for Hippiemom right now.

thank you.

thank you all. i just got off the phone with her and i read the posts of this to her and i could tell she absolutely loved it. I've had such a miserable day not being able to talk to her, but it seems they've cleared her lungs up and she's getting better. Fuck. She told me to quote her, "thanks so much" to you all.

She'll be home soon, in a couple of days, I hope.

This fucking sucks so bad, I can't tell you.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Hey, sounds good. I'm sorry about your past few days - really. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    that's really sad. i hope she gets better and she's back on the board soon.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    tell her 'things aint the same without you here...'

the girl radiates strength. she will be in my thoughts
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    OMG!! I had no idea Laura was going through this :( I'm so glad she's doing better. I hope they got it all and she makes a full recovery. I don't know her well, but we've spoken a few times and she is a sweetheart.
    Get well soon sweetie! ((Big Hugs))
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    OMG!! I had no idea Laura was going through this :( I'm so glad she's doing better. I hope they got it all and she makes a full recovery. I don't know her well, but we've spoken a few times and she is a sweetheart.
    Get well soon sweetie! ((Big Hugs))

The surgeon observed that the surrounding tissue was normal-looking, meaning that the usual spread that ovarian cancer takes had not started. Of course, they took biopsies to be sure, and they are recommending chemotherapy just to be on the safe side.

Laura is a sweetheart. It doesn't help that she hates those that are trying to help her. Her doctor is "dr. bitch" and she's got a lower tolerance for pain than most. This is Hell for her. I've been doing my best to impart my high tolerance for pain philosophy to her, and maybe its helping
    a little.
    hearing me read the posts was very helpful, so keep them coming.
  • Options
    The surgeon observed that the surrounding tissue was normal-looking, meaning that the usual spread that ovarian cancer takes had not started. Of course, they took biopsies to be sure, and they are recommending chemotherapy just to be on the safe side.

Laura is a sweetheart. It doesn't help that she hates those that are trying to help her. Her doctor is "dr. bitch" and she's got a lower tolerance for pain than most. This is Hell for her. I've been doing my best to impart my high tolerance for pain philosophy to her, and maybe its helping
    a little.
    hearing me read the posts was very helpful, so keep them coming.

Thanks for the update. I'm so glad everything else looks normal. Chemo sucks, but if that will ensure that she is cancer free, than its worth the suffering IMO. Tell her to hang in there and that we are ALL here for her any time and send our best wishes and prayers. :)
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz