Options

this one's for hippiemom

Comments

• Options
    I don't really know hippiemom except for her posts which I always enjoy and look forward to reading them again soon. She seems to be such a good soul. I had no idea she was going through such a troublesome time. Cancer is an ugly thing, such an ugly, ugly thing. I am sending you wishes for a speedy recovery and seeing you back in these parts soon, Hippiemom.
    Also to Steppenwolf as I know all too well the anxiety and feelings of coping with a loved one's illness.
    Take care.

Suzi
  • Options
    Not for nothing, but just so I dont take or give credit for something not mine, this isnt a "true to my life thing", just a story I remember hearing over time and found touching. Be well hippiemom. Its time to shake the cancer off. :)

Fair enough...thanks for the honesty...its a beautiful story, and totally appropriate for this occasion :)
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    shit.

laura's got pneumonia. they just gave her antibiotics and those should be kicking in within 12 hours or so, i was told. i wasn't able to talk to her, but i'll let you all know how's she is doing when i know. she really appreciated the get well wishes last night from you all.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Godspeed..........
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Uncle LeoUncle Leo Posts: 1,059
    Hippiemom, for reasons beyond being near my spot on the political spectrum, has always seemed pretty cool to me. Good throughtful posts. I envision a tough woman with solid principles. All of this, and this thread, leads me to breaking my usual message board mannersim--I am going to follow this story closely and I really hope everything goes OK. Obviously, Hippiemom is an itegral part of our little MT community, but more importantly, there are obviously a lot of loved ones out there that need her.

Please get well soon, Hippiemom. I look forward to seeing your next post on...whatever.
    I cannot come up with a new sig till I get this egg off my face.
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    u r wise woman to seek companionship here at moving train...i hope u have made it through worst of your woes...my heart really warms to sign on to a thread where so much concern has been expressed...your love will eminate acrost the lands....my god and your god and everyone else's god be with you....visualize!!!! i wonder if you've had an revelationary dreams during course of fever...that would be an interesting thread....;) .
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    Hippiemom, i wish you all the best for a speedy recovery. You have been through so much already and are so strong to have gotten thru it. Continue to think positively and dont forget to smile :) it really does brighten up the soul :)

Good luck and we await your return.
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • Options
    dakatidakati Posts: 17
    Absolutely.

She WILL get well soon. We all know she will... Laura isn't one to let even the worst of scenarios bring her down.

:):):):)
  • Options
    Here are some works by Eric Drooker, one of my favorite artists, that portray strong women, just like Laura. I thought she might enjoy these when she returns. :)

http://www.drooker.com/graphics/pages/Hammer-Woman.htm

http://www.drooker.com/graphics/pages/Slingshot.htm
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    shit.

laura's got pneumonia. they just gave her antibiotics and those should be kicking in within 12 hours or so, i was told. i wasn't able to talk to her, but i'll let you all know how's she is doing when i know. she really appreciated the get well wishes last night from you all.
    Please keep us updated steppen - you're doing a great job. :( What an absolutely horrible start to the week - I had NO idea. Please send her my love. She helped me out through a bad time once and I'd love to be able to do the same for her but distance kinda destroys the chances of that. All I can do is think about and pray for her - and as mookie suggested, I'd be willing to help whatever little bit I can financially if needed, but I'm sure that's the last thing on her mind at the moment. Tell her to hurry up and get back to us cos the MT will be empty until she does.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Laura, I just found out about this. I am so sorry to hear this and I hope you get better very soon. You are in my prayers.
    Oh help me, help me from myself!!!

Theres not going to be an accoustic version of Blood or anything like that, so feel free to sit down.
  • Options
    RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,824
    I had no idea hippiemom was sick.

Hippiemom, this is just to let you know my thoughts are with you in your recovery. You'll make it out of this - I may only know you here, but I know enough to say you're far too kick-ass to let an illness keep you down for long.

Rest. Recover. Then come back here and grace us again. We all need your insight - it wouldn't be A Moving Train without you.

Take Care,
    Jeremy
  • Options
    {{{{LAURA}}}}} Big love and lotsa positive vibes going out to you, from
    A-1. :)
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
  • Options
    VictoryGinVictoryGin Posts: 1,207
    You're one strong, fabulous woman and I'm sure you'll make it through in plenty of time for touring, Laura. ;) Rest up and return. xo, a2
    if you wanna be a friend of mine
    cross the river to the eastside
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    fuck ... is it time for a road trip to cleveland??

we're thinking of ya ...
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,157
    polaris wrote:
    fuck ... is it time for a road trip to cleveland??

we're thinking of ya ...

Torturing yourself won't help her at all. ;)

Here's to having a better day today than yesterday...for everyone.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Eva7Eva7 Posts: 226
    shit.

Thank you so much for these news...... sorry for being so late.... I just can't stop thinking of her since I read this post very late last night.

Laura, get well soon!!!! You are in my thoughts!!! I hug you!!!
  • Options
    Get well soon, Hippiemom.
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    When you are reading this you should be at home, resting, relaxing and thinking about how far you can travel to enjoy some Rock and Roll!!!!

Get well soon!

Smiffy Ole Boy ;)
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Extra love for Laura.

((((((((hippiemom)))))))))
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,781
    This is the first I've heard of this. Of course all my best wishes go out to you for a full and speedy recovery.

Know that you are in the thoughts of many here.
  • Options
    Eva7Eva7 Posts: 226
    Kat and Sea, can we please make this sticky until Laura comes back with us?
  • Options
    woohoo!

just talked to laura, and she was up on her feet today! the antibiotics cleared out the pneumonia, and things are looking much, much better.

she says she can't wait to get home and reply to this thread. saturday, maybe?
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Great news :D thank you stepp :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,374
    YES! YES!!

Wonderful news!!!

Be well hippiemom!
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    My thoughts are with Laura and here family. steppenwolf please keep us posted. Come back soon, we miss you.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    woohoo!

just talked to laura, and she was up on her feet today! the antibiotics cleared out the pneumonia, and things are looking much, much better.

she says she can't wait to get home and reply to this thread. saturday, maybe?

Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Antibiotics my ass.... she kicked the crap out of it with tenacity !!!
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    ....:)....
  • Options
    Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Antibiotics my ass.... she kicked the crap out of it with tenacity !!!

Yep yep!!! That's the Laura we know and love!
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde