Options

Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself. -Albert Einstein
  • Options
    The economic anarchy of capitalist society as it exists today is, in my opinion, the real source of evil. (Albert Einstein, 1949)
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    Commy wrote:
    To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself. -Albert Einstein
    AYE AND AYE, COMMY...ai and ai...

if ai is love and god is love and I am authority of myself, then I and I are 1 with God....

thanks for those words you posted yesterday...very touched...indeed...
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    “Courage can't see around corners, but goes around them anyway.”

“All our dreams can come true...if we have the courage to pursue them.”

“I believe that it may happen that one will succeed, and one must not begin to despair, even though defeated here and there; and even though one sometimes feels a kind of decay, though things go differently from the expected, it is necessary to take heart again and new courage. For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. And great things are not something accidental, but must certainly be willed. What is drawing? How does one learn it? It is working through an invisible iron wall that seems to stand between what one feels and what one can do.”~Vincent van Gogh
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    TowsertunesTowsertunes Posts: 187
    "How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."

Ronald Reagan
    "they don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read?"

How I choose to feel,...Is how I am.
  • Options
    SpreadtheJAMSpreadtheJAM Posts: 344
    This ones for Commy

"Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    SpreadtheJAMSpreadtheJAM Posts: 344
    "Republicans believe everyday is the Fourth of July but democrats believe everyday is April 15" - Ronald Reagan
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 926
    "In most communities it is illegal to cry "fire" in a crowded assembly. Should it not be considered serious international misconduct to manufacture a general war scare in an effort to achieve local political aims?" Dwight D. Eisenhower

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."
    Dwight D. Eisenhower
  • Options
    When a social movement adopts the compromises of legislators, it has forgotten its role, which is to push and challenge the politicians, not to fall in meekly behind them. ~ Howard Zinn
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    35. YOUR HEART IS FULL of fertile seeds, waiting to sprout. Just as a lotus flower springs from the mire to bloom splendidly, the interaction of the cosmic breath causes the flower of the spirit to bloom and bear fruit in this world.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    This ones for Commy

"Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman
    sure, lets a have a free market in a democracy, an oxymoron considering. The people have a say insofar as the country is democratic, so this hands off approach amounts to an unregulated industry, which as we know leads to all sorts of terrible monoplolies and concentrations of power, none of which seem to care in the least for future generations.
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    "If I had paid attention to what others were thinkin'
    the heart inside me would've died
    but I was just too stubborn to ever be governed by enforced insanity
    someone had to reach for the risin' star, I guess it was up to me."

Bob Dylan, Up to Me
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself...
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    36.EVERY STURDY TREE that towers over human beings owes its existence to a deeply rooted core.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    STUDY THE TEACHING of the pine tree, the bamboo, and the plum blossom. The pine is evergreen, frimly rooted, and verable. The bamboo is strong, resilient, unbreakable. The plum blossom is hardy, fragrant, and elegant.

Beloved AM, i know this a double post...from the tree thread, but it's part of the flow of this gesture...thanks for simply being and thank you to so many of you for walking with me...

I LOVE YOU, JAMMERS....
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    When you are right you cannot be too radical; when you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative.~Martin Luther King Jr.

The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists who are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood.~Martin Luther King Jr.,

Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better.~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable... Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.~Martin Luther King, Jr.

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    To those of you who don't believe in evolution, I say: your children's children will.

Demetri Martin. :D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    38.IN THE ART OF PEACE you must be able to let yourself soar like a bird and sport like a whale.

*adjacent page denotes a dot within a circle. "Hi" the character for day, time, sun" and the seed syllable "su"....
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    39.DO NOT FORGET to pay your respect to the four directions each day. This wonderful world of ours is a creation of the divine, and for that gift we need to be ever grateful. That gratitude should be expressed through some kind of prayer. True prayer has no set form. Just offer your heartfelt gratitude in a way you feel is appropriate, and you will be amply rewarded.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    KannKann Posts: 1,146
    ""Economists are right" used to say a man working with stocks : Capital is the accumulation of works. But, since we can't do everything, others work and we accumalte."
    Auguste Detoeuf
    "How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."

Ronald Reagan
    Never understood that one. To understand Marx & Lenin then surely you have to read them. And you become a communist who is anti-communist?
  • Options
    "I'd like to say that people... people can change anything they want to; and that means everything in the world. Show me any country and there'll be people in it. And it's the people that make the country. People have got to stop pretending they're not on the world.

People are running about following their own tracks. I am one of them. But we've all gotta stop... just stop following our own little mouse trails. People can do anything; this is something that I'm beginning to learn.

People are out there doing bad things to each other; it's because they've been dehumanized. It's time to take humanity back into the center of the ring and follow that for a time.

Greed... it ain't going anywhere; the richest person in the world is the most unhappy one. They should have that on a big billboard in Times Square. Think on that.

Without people you're nothing." - Joe Strummer
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been sober, responsible, and cautious, but because it has been playful, rebellious, and immature.

Tom Robbins

(Courtesy of Abook :) )
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    "The state can't give you free speech, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free..."

Utah Phillips

"Protest beyond the law is not a departure from democracy; it is absolutely essential to it"

Howard Zinn
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    Collin wrote:
    "The state can't give you free speech, and the nd hstate can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free..."

Utah Phillips

"Protest beyond the law is not a departure from democracy; it is absolutely essential to it"

Howard Zinn

Beautiful quotes!

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    The Magic of Childhood

"The great thing about being a kid is you don't get humiliated if anyone sees you running around with a tree branch, while pretending it's a bazooka.

The minute you hit 15, people start start giving you queer looks if you so much as make an explosion sound with your mouth, while simultaneously indicating the size of the explosion by slowly moving your arms apart."

Mr. Biffo
  • Options
    40.THE ART OF PEACE originates with theflow of things- it's heart is like themovement of the wind and wavws the Way is like the veins thatcirulate blood through our bodies, following the natureal blodd through our bodies, following then atural low of thelife force. If you are spearated in the slightest from that divine essence, you are to fall off that path.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people.

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.

If you pretend to be good, the world takes you very seriously. If you pretend to be bad, it doesn't. Such is the astounding stupidity of optimism.

In America the President reigns for four years, and Journalism governs forever and ever.

It is better to be beautiful than to be good. But... it is better to be good than to be ugly. (:D)

No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist.

There is no necessity to separate the monarch from the mob; all authority is equally bad.
  • Options
    Come to you across the divide
    looking out a wrinkle in time
    there is nothing less I would do
    than to stand up for truth

In the cold dark ways
    of this lonely place
    I will warm you, hold you

*****A gold shield glistens
    and your breath quickens
    I stand close by over you

*Two hands held strong and sure with
    the power of one
    reach out past the walls
    that can hold you

**We are guardians and warriors
    come form somewhere to mind
    what creates you and shapes
    the Alchemy of Love

***There is a chain of light
    out across the endless skies
    and I see the energy that
    relfects me in your eyes
    and keeps us both alive
    and keeps us both alive

Evening and the shadows will come
    to destroy what we have done
    but always will the power of love
    shine a light bright as the sun

****When the cold dark waves on
    the shores break
    I am around you, found you
    A gold sword fires and night expires
    a long night surrounding you

http://www.allthelyrics.com/lyrics/tenchi_muyo/alchemy_of_love_english-lyrics-1223955.html
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    41.THE ART OF PEACE possesses all wisdom and all power, and it gives birth to natural beauty. the subtle changes between the four season of spring, summer, autumn, and winter give birth to different techniwuqes. The ART of Peace seeks to create ultimate beauty, a beauty that springs forth from the four conerns and the eight directions of the world.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    42. CRYSTAL clear
    Sharp and bright
    The sacred sword
    Allows no opening
    For evil to roost.