Options

Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• Options
    "If the Congress doesn't hold the president accountable, voters can hold Congress accountable," ~ former Democratic Rep. Tom Andrews, director of the anti-war group Win Without War.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    "...an 'anti-national' is a person who is against his or her own nation and, by inference, is pro some other one. But it isn't necessary to be 'anti-national' to be deeply suspicious of all nationalism, to be anti-nationalism. Nationalism of one kind or another was the cause of most of the genocide of the twentieth century. Flags are bits of colored cloth that governments use first to shrink-wrap people's brains and then as ceremonial shrouds to bury the dead."

Part of the beautiful speech "Come September" by Arundhati Roy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAoIwJKfExA
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    “What's right and good doesn't come naturally. You have to stand up and fight for it -- as if the cause depends on you, because it does.”~ Bill Moyers
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    Collin wrote:
    "...an 'anti-national' is a person who is against his or her own nation and, by inference, is pro some other one. But it isn't necessary to be 'anti-national' to be deeply suspicious of all nationalism, to be anti-nationalism. Nationalism of one kind or another was the cause of most of the genocide of the twentieth century. Flags are bits of colored cloth that governments use first to shrink-wrap people's brains and then as ceremonial shrouds to bury the dead."

Part of the beautiful speech "Come September" by Arundhati Roy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAoIwJKfExA
    I love you, Pearl Jammers...Thank you for giving a such a vast window to learn and to evol ve.......and to show Forgiveness, lovingness, and this world we all strive to Embrace...
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    21.ALL THINGS are bound harmoniously; this is the real law of gravity that keeps the universe intact.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    "Every breath we take is an opportunity..." a roadside travellor.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    22.NOW AND AGAIN, it is necessary to seclude yourself among deep mountains and hidden valleys to restore your link to the SOURCE OF LIFE. sit comfrotabley and first contemplate and manifest realm of existence. This realm is concerned with eternals, the physical form of things. Then fill your body with ki and sense the manner in which the universe functions~its shape, its color, and its vibrations. Breathe in and let yourself soar to the ends of the universe; breathe out and bring the cosmos back inside. Next, breathe up all the fecundity and vibrancy of the earth. Finally, blend the breath of heaven and the breath of earth with that of your own body, becoming the breath of life itself. As you calm down, naturally let yourself settle in the heart of things. Find your center, and fill yourself with LIGHT and heat...
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    23.ALL THE PRINCIPLES of heaven and earth are living inside you. LIFE itself is the truth, and this will never change. Everythihng in heaven and heart breathes. Breath is the thread that ties cration together. When the myriad variations in unversal breath can be sensed, the individual techniques of the ART OF PEACE are born.

23.a
    DAi (okii), the character for "large, big, great."

looks like a stick figure of a HUman from the neck down...no place for a hat..

means to me to leggo of ego....;)

humbly i join with you...
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    "There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you cant take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you’ve got to make it stop! And you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    "There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you cant take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you’ve got to make it stop! And you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Amazing quote! Thank you!

I'm definitely sharing this one :)

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Amazing quote! Thank you!

I'm definitely sharing this one :)

Would you believe that I found it through a Fear Factory album?:p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    Would you believe that I found it through a Fear Factory album?:p

I've never even heard of them. :p

Are they well known?

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    I've never even heard of them. :p

Are they well known?

Um.. probably. But in cyber-death-metal circles more than Pearl Jam circles, I guess.:p I don't even know why I own their album, hehe.
  • Options
    Um.. probably. But in cyber-death-metal circles more than Pearl Jam circles, I guess.:p I don't even know why I own their album, hehe.

well if what you posted was part of their lyrics then there's a good reason to like them. :)

I don't know too much about metal...I guess the closest would be system of a down.

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    well if what you posted was part of their lyrics then there's a good reason to like them. :)

I don't know too much about metal...I guess the closest would be system of a down.

Nah, Fear Factory are crap.:p They just sampled a bit of a speech at the start of one of their songs, and I was sad enough to go investigate. Glad you like it.:)
  • Options
    They just sampled a bit of a speech at the start of one of their songs

romantic as well as poetic, that Speech!!!!

In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.
    gratefuness.org
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    24.YOUR BREATH is the true link to the universe. Ascending breath spirals upward to the right; descending breath spiirals downward to the left. This interaction is the union of fire and water. It is the cosmic sound of A and UN, OM, Alpha, and Omega.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    25. CONSIDERTHE EBB and flow of the tied. When waves come to strike the shore, they crest and fall, creating a sound. Your breath should follow the same pattern, absorbing the entire universe in your belly with each inhalation. Know that we all have acces to four treasures: the energy of the sun and moon, the breath of heaven, the breath of earth, and the ebb and flow of the tide.

Thank you for giving GRACE, DEAR Divine God of OUR Universe...xox
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

~~Proverbs 17:22 NIV
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    "Que sçais-je?"

Inscription on Montaigne's medal
  • Options
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

~~Proverbs 17:22 NIV
    we can all use some soulshine!!!!!
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    26. THOSE WHO PRACTICE THE ART OF PEACE must protect the domain of Mother Nature, the divine reflection of creation, and keep it lovely and fresh. Warriorship gives birth to natural beauty. The subtle techniques of a warrior arise as naturally as the appearance of spring, summer, autumn, and winter. Warriorship is none other than the vitality that sustains ALL life.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    Republicans have nothing but bad ideas and Democrats have no ideas.
    ~Lewis Black

The Democrats seem to be basically nicer people, but they have demonstrated time and again that they have the management skills of celery.
    ~Dave Barry

The Democrats and Republicans are the same guy admiring themself in the mirror.
    ~Kinky Friedman

What we're seeing early on is Democrats rallying around Al Gore, Republicans rallying around George Bush and the difficulty of anybody else to get any room in the race.
    ~Stuart Rothenberg

You've got the brain-washed, that's the Democrats, and the brain-dead, that's the Republicans!
    ~Mark Russell

The most important political task facing the out-of-power party - the Democrats for now - is creating a villain to run against. It's certainly easier than developing some grand new ideas or policies on which to campaign.
    ~Pat Sajak

But on those occasions when I do strongly disagree with the Democrats and I don't say anything, I think I forfeit my right to have people pay attention to me when I say the things that I don't like about what Republicans are saying.
    ~Barney Frank

This is a struggle for the soul of the Democratic Party, which in too many cases has become so corporate and identified with corporate interests that you can't tell the difference between Democrats and Republicans.
    ~Dennis Kucinich

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    27. LIFE IS A DIVINE GIFT. The divine is not something outside of us; it is right in our very center, it is our freedom. In our training, we learn the real natiure of life and death. When life is victorious there is birth; when it is thwarted, there is death. A warriour is always engaged in an lifeand death struggle for peace.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    Republicans have nothing but bad ideas and Democrats have no ideas.
    ~Lewis Black

The Democrats seem to be basically nicer people, but they have demonstrated time and again that they have the management skills of celery.
    ~Dave Barry

The Democrats and Republicans are the same guy admiring themself in the mirror.
    ~Kinky Friedman

What we're seeing early on is Democrats rallying around Al Gore, Republicans rallying around George Bush and the difficulty of anybody else to get any room in the race.
    ~Stuart Rothenberg

You've got the brain-washed, that's the Democrats, and the brain-dead, that's the Republicans!
    ~Mark Russell

The most important political task facing the out-of-power party - the Democrats for now - is creating a villain to run against. It's certainly easier than developing some grand new ideas or policies on which to campaign.
    ~Pat Sajak

But on those occasions when I do strongly disagree with the Democrats and I don't say anything, I think I forfeit my right to have people pay attention to me when I say the things that I don't like about what Republicans are saying.
    ~Barney Frank

This is a struggle for the soul of the Democratic Party, which in too many cases has become so corporate and identified with corporate interests that you can't tell the difference between Democrats and Republicans.
    ~Dennis Kucinich
    I am beginning to appreciate those, who are conservative as well as liberated thinkers; a better balance BEAM...peace, book, thanks for this thread; it's keeping me alive....and thriving....i love you, dear lady...
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    TDMize15TDMize15 Posts: 166
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself. - Mark Twain

In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination. - Mark Twain
    All the rusted signs, we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead...

And he who forgets, will be destined to remember...
  • Options
    People are made to be Loved and Things are made to be Used
    There is so much confusion in this World because People are being Used and Things are being Loved.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    TowsertunesTowsertunes Posts: 187
    “Idealism is fine, but as it approaches reality, the costs become prohibitive.”

William F. Buckley Jr.
    "they don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read?"

How I choose to feel,...Is how I am.
  • Options
    sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278
    "One of the things that I learned in the school yard was: the folks that are talking tough all the time, they’re not always that tough. If you’re really tough, you’re not always looking to try to start a fight. If you’re really tough, sometimes you just walk away. If you’re really tough, you just save it for when you really need it," Obama said.
    "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack Obama."

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

"i'm feeling kinda righteous right now. with my badass motherfuckin' ukulele!"
    ~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278

~Pat Sajak

what, nothing from vanna white? or did she turn the letters as pat spoke?? :D
    "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack Obama."

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

"i'm feeling kinda righteous right now. with my badass motherfuckin' ukulele!"
    ~ed, 8/7