Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    kami
    48. EACH AND EVERY MASTER, regarless of the era or place, heard the call and attained harmony with heaven and earth. There are many paths leading to the peak of Mount Fuji, but the goal is the same. There are many methods of reachign the top, and they all bring us to the heights. There is no need to battle with each other-we are all brothers and sisters who should walk the Path together, hand in hand. Keep your Path and nothing else will matter. When you lose your desire for things that do not matter, you will be free.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
    IF you work at that which is before you, following right reason, seriously, virgorously, calmly, without allowing anything else to distract you, but keeping thy divine part pure as if thou shouldest be bound to give it back immediately, - if thou holdest to this, expecting nothing, fearing nothing, but satisfied with your present activity, according to mature and with heroic truth in every word and sound which thou utterest, thou will live happy. And there is no man who is able to prevent this.

MARCUS ANTONIN
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
    "Nothing material ever satisfies the soul. The soul wants to dance, make art, touch people, and change the world." chris michaels
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
    49. NEVER fear another challenger, no matter
    how large.
    Never despise another challenger, no matter
    how small.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
    50. LARGE DOES NOT always defeat little. Little can be large by constant building; large can become little by falling apart.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • I support Obama!! Obama 08!! :)

economics...huh? foreign policy? bombs for peace is a good plan...increase the troops!

- Demmed down Joe Public
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    “If we are to convince people to join the growing worldwide struggle for global justice, we must be able to offer them a glimpse into what our desired future society might look like. Parecon takes economic vision out of the realm of academic journals and throws it right in the middle of the activism arena, showing us how we can build from the bottom up a set of consumption, production and allocation institutions that foster equity, diversity, solidarity, participation and self-management.”

~Adele Oliveri (Economist and political activist Italian translator of Parecon)

http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&id=lFjSE4rRRRUC&dq=parecon&printsec=frontcover&source=web&ots=AmNmKl2JTX&sig=fK2h5go5W741yBSbFOVPltzKRec&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=3&ct=result
    51. (very important number for me...:) as time for me began at number 48.)
    LOYALTY AND DEVOTION lead to bravery. Bravery leads to the spirit of self-sacrifice. The spirit of self-sacrifice creates trust in the power of love.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
    October 13, 2008

Nothing is impossible... :)
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
    SET your yourself steadfastly to those duties which have the least attractive exterior; it matters not whether God's holy will be fulfilled in great or small matters. Be patient with yourself and your own failings; never be in a hurry, and do not yield to longings after taht which is impossible to you. My dear sister, go on steadily and quietly; if our dear Lord means you to run, He, will "strengthen your heart."
    ST FRANCIS DE SALES
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
    "UNHOLY tempers are always unhappy tempers." JOHN WESLEY
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    "You can do anything if you put you're mind to it". George McFly(Hill Valley,1984)
  • sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278
    Women voting for McCain/Palin is like chickens voting for Colonel Saunders.
    ~Cecile Richards, AlterNet

Sarah Palin is a joke, and women are the punchline.
    ~me
    "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack Obama."

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

"i'm feeling kinda righteous right now. with my badass motherfuckin' ukulele!"
    ~ed, 8/7
  • sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278
    "Melodious has alot of &^%$#@ time on his/her hands."
    ~me
    "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack Obama."

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

"i'm feeling kinda righteous right now. with my badass motherfuckin' ukulele!"
    ~ed, 8/7
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    ~me

Music has the power to bring people together like no other art form....
    Michael Franti

No life's worth more than any other, no sister worth less than any brother....
    Michael Franti

Power to the peaceful!....
    Michael Franti

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is just to stay human....Michael Franti

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

"...all the freaky people make the beauty of the world..."

"every single soul is a poem"

."..do you wanna feel freaky and free? " Michael

The love is always there, all you gotta do is have the courage to hold onto it.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • "Our race is the Master Race. We are divine gods on this planet. We are as different from the inferior races as they are from insects. In fact, compared to our race, other races are beasts and animals, cattle at best. Other races are considered as human excrement. Our destiny is to rule over the inferior races. Our earthly kingdom will be ruled by our leader with a rod of iron. The masses will lick our feet and serve us as our slaves."
    -- Menachem Begin - Israeli Prime Minister 1977-1983
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
    ~me
    the minute you question intention, is the second you devour your own heart..."spear your own heart"

52. LOYALTY AND DEVOTION lead to bravery Bravery leads to the spirit of self-sacrifice. The spirit of self sacrifice creates trust in the power of love.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
    53. LOVE IS LIKE the rays of the sun, shining left, right, up, down, front, back, bathing everything in light.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • evenkatevenkat Posts: 380
    “Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind”

JFK
    "...believe in lies...to get by...it's divine...whoa...oh, you know what its like..."
    for friends who may not understand that learning to love the Self, gives to everything...peace

THE folded hands seem idle:
    If folded at HIS word.
    "I" is a holy service, trust me,
    In obedience to the Lord.
    ANNA SHIPTON
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    "Anybody who really wants to abolish war must resolutely declare himself in favour of his own country's resigning a portion of its sovereignty in favour of international institutions: he must be ready to make his own country amenable, in case of a dispute, to the award of an international court."
    -Albert Einstein
    54. Economy is the basis of society. When the economy is stable, society develops. The ideal economy combines the spiritual and material, and the best commodities to trade in are sincerity and love.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
    55. THE ART OF PEACE does not rely on weapons or brute force to succeed: instead we put ourselves in tune with the universe, maintain peace in our own realms, nurture life, and prevent death and destruction. The true meaning of the term samurai is one who serves and adheres to the power of love.

*each day brings a new journey in this art; each day we stumble; we pick up the pieces and try again.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
    OF all paths a man could strike into, there is, at any given moment, a best path for every man; a thing which, here and now, it were of all things wisest for him to do; which could he but be led or driven to do, he were then doing "like a man", as we phrase it. His success, in such case, were complete, his felicity a maximum. This path, to find this path, and walk in it, is the one thing needful for him.
    T. CARLYLE

EVERY man has his own vocation. There is one direction in which all space is open to him. He has faculties silently inviting him thither to endless exertion. He is like a ship in a river; he runs against obstructions on every side but one: on that side all obstruction is taken away, and he sweeps serenely over a deepening channel into an infinite sea.
    R.W. EMERSON
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
    56. FOSTER and polish
    The warrior spirit
    While serving in the world:
    Illuminate the Path
    According to your inner light.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
    57. *great year ;) ki the symbol for vital energy

THE PATH OF PEACE is exceedingly vast, reflecting the grand design of hidden and manifest worlds. A warrior is a living shrine of the Divine, one who serves that grand purpose.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
    58. YOUR MIND SHOULD be in harmony with the functioning of the universe your body should be in tune with the movement of the universe, body and mind should be bound as one,unified, with the activity of the universe.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
    59. EVEN THOUGH OUR PATH is completely different from the warrior arts of the past, it is not necessary to abandon totally the old ways. Absorb venerable traditions into this new art by clothing them with fresh garments, and build on the classic styles to create better forms.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
    lalala lalalala ah "i got love for ya!"
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light