Options

Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    what, nothing from vanna white? or did she turn the letters as pat spoke?? :D

yeah, who'da thought pat sajek would be smarter than some of the ppl round here?

:D
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    ola (waves) bong, and fellow family jammers, i hope you are basking in springtime sunshine...and for our friends who live on the other side of the hemisphere, i hope that your days are filled with lots of colour as well as warmth...
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    28.CONTEMPLATE THE WORKINGS of this world; listen to the words of the wise, and take all that is good as your own. With this as your base, open your own door to truth. Do not overlook the truth that is right before you..
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    29.TRUE WISDOM COMES from intellectual education, physical education, ethical education, and ki education.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    Emma Goldman:

"Free love? As if love is anything but free! Man has bought brains, but all the millions in the world have failed to buy love. Man has subdued bodies, but all the power on earth has been unable to subdue love. Man has conquered whole nations, but all his armies could not conquer love. Man has chained and fettered the spirit, but he has been utterly helpless before love. High on a throne, with all the splendor and pomp his gold can command, man is yet poor and desolate, if love passes him by. And if it stays, the poorest hovel is radiant with warmth, with life and color. Thus love has the magic power to make of a beggar a king. Yes, love is free; it can dwell in no other atmosphere."
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Bertrand Russell:

Three passions have governed my life:
    The longings for love, the search for knowledge,
    And unbearable pity for the suffering of [humankind].

Love brings ecstasy and relieves loneliness.
    In the union of love I have seen
    In a mystic miniature the prefiguring vision
    Of the heavens that saints and poets have imagined.

With equal passion I have sought knowledge.
    I have wished to understand the hearts of [people].
    I have wished to know why the stars shine.

Love and knowledge led upwards to the heavens,
    But always pity brought me back to earth;
    Cries of pain reverberated in my heart
    Of children in famine, of victims tortured
    And of old people left helpless.
    I long to alleviate the evil, but I cannot,
    And I too suffer.

This has been my life; I found it worth living.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Happy Cinco De Mayo

Thank you for the words on love, Miss Book. You know I have a love affair going with you and the members of this board.

I am sending you a kiss and hug from the Konocti Princess...

Here is a quote, from a state where I am:
    Father, Mother God, just now we ask for Your Light and Divine Loving to fill us completely, to push out all negativity and surround and protect us for the highest good. We ask that we learn more deeply the loving that we are, for we are made in your image. We ask that only that which is for our highest good be brought forward as we join with our brothers and sisters in these processes toward peace and understanding. For all your many blessings, Father-Mother God·we give our thanks. Amen

I learned over the weekend, that we are not victims of others when concerning our interactions with friends, family, and associates...moreso we target others when we are lacking a link of understanding, tolerance, and patience towards context, and then we lash out, only to blame the other party...talk about crazy...???? :)

we make them our victim and then we claim we are their victim, so we can justifyour own irrational thinking and behavior....oh my my my....
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    30.THE UNIVERSE is our greatest teacher, our greatest friend. It is always teaching THE ART OF PEACE. Study how water flows in a valley stream, smoothly and freely between the rocks. Everything~mountains, rivers, plants and trees~should be your teacher. The world's wisdom is contained in books, and by studying the words of the wise, countless new techniques can be created. Study and practice and then reflect on your progress. THE ART OF PEACE is the art of learning deeply, the art of knowing oneself...
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbZMUInKDGI

To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget.
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    polaris wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbZMUInKDGI

To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget.
    Arundhati Roy is great, nice quote.

“The mullahs of the Islamic world and the mullahs of the Hindu world and the mullahs of the Christian world are all on the same side. And we are against them all.”
    Arundhati Roy
  • Options
    Commy wrote:
    Arundhati Roy is great, nice quote.

“The mullahs of the Islamic world and the mullahs of the Hindu world and the mullahs of the Christian world are all on the same side. And we are against them all.”
    Arundhati Roy

Isn't she? I'm just so in love with her. :D

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    "I know my own nation best. That's why I despise it the most. And I know and love my own people too, the swine. I'm a patriot. A dangerous man. "-Edward Abbey
  • Options
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.

" ~Plato

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    31. CREATE EACH DAY anew by clothing yourself with heaven and earth, bathing yourself with wisdom and love, and placing yourself in the heart of Mother Nature. Your body and mind will be gladdened, depression and heartach will dissipate, and you will be filled with gratitude.

all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    he still standshe still stands Posts: 2,835
    "Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."

“Religion is not merely the opium of the masses, it's the cyanide.”

"Equality is not in regarding different things similarly, equality is in regarding different things differently.”

-- Tom Robbins
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein.
  • Options
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
  • Options
    Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.
    Albert Einstein
  • Options
    The reason mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness. ~ George Carlin

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278
    "Our gross national product does not allow for
    the health of our children, the quality of their
    education, or the joy of their play.

It does not include the beauty of our poetry or the
    strength of our marriages, the intelligence of
    our public debate or the integrity of our public
    officials.

It measures neither our wit nor our
    courage, neither our wisdom nor our learning,
    neither our compassion nor our devotion to our
    country; it measures everything, in short,
    except that which makes life worth while.

And it can tell us everything about America except
    why we are proud that we are Americans."

RFK, University of Kansas, 3-18-67
    "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack Obama."

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

"i'm feeling kinda righteous right now. with my badass motherfuckin' ukulele!"
    ~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    "What is objectionable, what is dangerous about extremists is not that they are extreme, but that they are intolerant. The evil is not what they say about their causes, but what they say about their opponents."

RFK 1964

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    “I’m loyal to the Democratic Party,” he added, “but I feel stronger about the United States and mankind generally.”

-RFK, when asked if he'd support Lyndon Johnson if Johnson won the nomination in '68

~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    32. DO NOT fail
    To learn from
    The pure voice of an
    Ever-flowing mountain stream
    Splashing over the rocks.

Ikiru, the character for "life" is the image of previous page in this Book, THE ART OF PEACE...

I love you jammers, thank you for Being gentle and inspirational guides..

dedicated to this devotion I feel for so many here...xox.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    The reason mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness. ~ George Carlin

thankfully streams contain water that purifies and cleanses... :) and HUmans are an evolutionary species...energy disbursed!!!! xox...you are a wonderful friend...
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    33. THE ART OF PEACE originates with the flow of things-its heart is like the movement of the wind and waves. The Way is like the veins that circulate blood through our bodies, following the natural flow of the life force. If you are separated in the slightest from that divine essence, you are far off the path.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    “I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong.” John Lennon

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    thanks book...i have been looking at god in this light tooo....

peace and joy...

"i am feeling a bit under the weather these days, all the pepper spray..." michael franti...

but will be back to join in very soon....

thanks for this quote...i am gonna use it for a sig.....

so much to learn and never enough time...

hugs to you and everyone here....
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    "if you can not remember
    the speck of white paint on the wall
    you will become an electronical outlet"

"myself may 28, 09"
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    I actually understand your quote, Chadwick.....

:) ~00~:)
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    34.THE ART OF PEACE possesses all wisdom and all power, and gives birth to natural beauty. The subtle changes between the four seasons of spring, summer, autumn, and winter give birth to different tenchniques. The Art of Peace seeks to creat ultimate beauty, a beauty that springs forth from the four corners and the eight directions of the world.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light