Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” ~ Albert Einstein
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    42. TO PRACTICE PROPERLY the Art of Peace, you must:

~*~Calm the spirt and return to the source~*~
    ~*~Cleanse the body and spirit by removing all malice, selfishness, and desire.
    ~*~Be ever gratteful for the gifts recieved from the universe, your family, Mother Nature, and you fellow HUman beings.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    "Když se s někým rozejdete, tak u toho člověka necháte kus duše a ta bolest tady to je, jak vám ta duše chybí, jak bloudí, jak je u někoho jinýho. Ona se vám pak vrátí, ale to trvá dlouho. Někdy ty kousky duší vidím na lidech jako malý modrý světýlka, kousky duší lidí, který vás měli rádi a už nemaj. Nebo to můžou bejt takový ty naděje, co do vás vkládali vaši rodiče, to je taková druhá varianta. Všichni na sobě máme spoustu světýlek..."

Samotáři

"When you break up with someone you leave a piece of your soul behind with that person. The missing piece is what hurts because it runs astray, because it's with somebody else. It will come back to you, but it takes a long time. Sometimes I see those pieces on people like little blue lights, pieces of the souls of people who used to love you. Or sometimes they are the hopes your parents had for you. That's the second kind. Everyone is covered with little lights..."
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
    Good Morning Pearl Jam Community

Collin:

this is why I love to fly in presentime these days...we can enjoy and savor each person with whom we walk...

"I love you"
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Amazing quote, Collin :)

“Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been sober, responsible, and cautious, but because it has been playful, rebellious, and immature.”

“To achieve the impossible; it is precisely the unthinkable that must be thought.”

“There is no such thing as a weird human being, It's just that some people require more understanding than others”

“Our Similarities bring us to a common ground; Our Differences allow us to be fascinated by each other”

“We're our own dragons as well as our own heroes, and we have to rescue ourselves from ourselves.”

“There are many things worth living for, a few things worth dying for, and nothing worth killing for.”

“Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.”

“I believe in nothing, everything is sacred. I believe in everything, nothing is sacred.”

“When they tell you to grow up, they mean stop growing.”

“It is never too late to have a happy childhood”

“When life demands more of people than they demand of life - as is ordinarily the case - what results is a resentment of life almost as deep-seated as the fear of death”

“Ideas are mallable and unstable; they not only can be misused, they invite misuse---and the better the idea the more volatile it is. That's because only the better ideas turn into dogma, and it is by this process whereby a fresh, stimulating, humanly helpful idea is changed into robot dogma that is deadly. The problem starts at the secondary level, not with the originator or developer of the idea, but with the people who are attracted to it, until the last nail breaks, and who invariably lack the overview, flexibility, imagination, and, most importantly, sense of humor to maintain it in the spirit in which it was hatched. Ideas are made by masters, dogmas by disciples, and the Buddha is always killed on the road.”

~ Tom Robbins
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit."

Aristotle
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    "I do not care so much for the principals I advocate as for the impression which my words produce and the reputation they give me."

Churchill :D
    43.THE ART OF PEACE is based on 4 great virtues: Bravery, Wisdom, Love and Friendship, symbolized by Fire, Heaven, Earth and Water.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • "How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! / The world forgetting, by the world forgot / Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! / Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned." ~ Alexander Pope

-Oscar Wilde
  • "Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities."

Aldous Huxley
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    44. THE ESSENCE OF the ART OF PEACE is to cleanse yourself of mailiciousness, to get in tune with your environment, and to clear your path of all obstacles and barrierrs....

me and julio down in the school yard... :)
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • “The idealists and visionaries, foolish enough to throw caution to the winds and express their ardor and faith in some supreme deed, have advanced mankind and have enriched the world”

“No real social change has ever been brought about without a revolution - Revolution is but thought carried into action”

“If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.”

Someone has said that it requires less mental effort to condemn than to think.”

“The higher mental development of woman, the less possible it is for her to meet a congenial male who will see in her, not only sex, but also the human being, the friend, the comrade and strong individuality, who cannot and ought not lose a single trait of her character.”

“The history of progress is written in the blood of men and women who have dared to espouse an unpopular cause, as, for instance, the black man's right to his body, or woman's right to her soul.”

“Patriotism ... is a superstition artificially created and maintained through a network of lies and falsehoods; a superstition that robs man of his self-respect and dignity, and increases his arrogance and conceit.”

“Religion, the dominion of the human mind; Property, the dominion of human needs; and Government, the dominion of human conduct, represent the stronghold of man's enslavement and all the horrors it entails.”

“If I can't dance, it's not my revolution!”

“The most unpardonable sin in society is independence of thought.”

“Free love? as if love is anything but free. Man has bought brains, but all the millions in the world have failed to buy love.”

“Anarchism is the only philosophy which brings to man the consciousness of himself; which maintains that God, the State, and society are non-existent, that their promises are null and void, since they can be fulfilled only through man's subordination. Anarchism is therefore the teacher of the unity of life; not merely in nature, but in man.”

“Every daring attempt to make a great change in existing conditions, every lofty vision of new possibilities for the human race, has been labeled Utopian."

"Methods and means cannot be separated from the ultimate aim”

“Since every effort in our educational life seems to be directed toward making of the child a being foreign to itself, it must of necessity produce individuals foreign to one another, and in everlasting antagonism with each other."

“Every effort for progress, for enlightenment, for science, for religious, political, and economic liberty, emanates from the minority, and not from the mass”

“No one has yet realized the wealth of sympathy, the kindness and generosity hidden in the soul of a child. The effort of every true education should be to unlock that treasure."

"Thus Dante's motto over Inferno applies with equal force to marriage: "Ye who enter here leave all hope behind."

~ Emma Fuckin Goldman

-Oscar Wilde
  • CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    "Israel perpetuates the violence. Calling it a cycle of violence disregards the balance of power in the region."
    -Rachel Corrier
  • he still standshe still stands Posts: 2,835
    "Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand."

Kurt Vonnegut (from The Children's Crusade)
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
    Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country.
    --George W. Bush
  • America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable. - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    "I feel the same way about disco as I do about herpes." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, 1977
  • "The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." ~ Alice Walker

-Oscar Wilde
    45.THE ONLY REAL SIN is to be ignorant of the universal, timeless principles of existence. Such ignorance is the root of all evil and all misguided behavior. Eliminate ignorance through the ART OF PEACE, and even hell will be emptied of tortured souls.

xox.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
    45. THE ONLY REAL CURE for materialism is the cleansing of the six senses (eyes, ears, nose, tongue, body and mind). If the senses are clogged, one's perception is stifled. The more it is stifled, the more contaminated the senses become. This creates disorder in the world, and that is the greatest evil of all. Polish the heart, free the six senses and let them function without obstruction, and your entire body and soul will shine.

Power to LOVE....
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • FiveB247xFiveB247x Posts: 2,330
    See my quote below.
    CONservative governMENt

Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. - Louis Brandeis
    Have a happy day, jammers....
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • “War is when the government tells you who the bad guy is. Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.”

-Oscar Wilde
    within adversity, lies opportunity :)
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • ~~~
    :)
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
    Neil Donald Walsch

Desire is a powerful force that can be used to
    make things happen.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
    46.TO PURIFY YOURSELF you must wash away all external defilements, remove all obstacles from your path, separate yourself from disorder, and abstain from negative thoughts. This will create a radiant state of being. Such purificatons allows you no return to the very beginning, where all is fresh, bright, and pristine, and you will see once again the world's scintillating beauty.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • "Wisdom tells me I am nothing. Love tells me I am everything. Between the two my life flows." -Nisargadatta Mahara
    "In this cause I too am prepared to die. There is no cause for which I am prepared to kill" -Gandhi

Iraq Veterans Against the War
    www.ivaw.org
    47. ALL LIFE is a manifestation of the spirit, the manifestation of love. And the Art of Peace is the purest form of that principle. A warrior is charged with bringing halt to all contentions and strife. Universal love functions in many forms and each manifestation should be allowed with free expression. The Art of Peace is true democracy.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • 88keys88keys Posts: 151
    Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go. - Barack Obama

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
    Camden 8/28/1998; Jones Beach 8/24/2000; Camden 9/1/2000; Camden 9/2/2000; Albany 4/29/2003; New York 7/8/2003; Vancouver 9/2/2005; Atlantic City 10/1/2005; Albany 5/12/2006; E. Rutherford 6/1/2006; E. Rutherford 6/3/2006; New York 6/24/2008; New York 6/25/2008; New York 5/20/2010