Options

Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• Options
    Drew263Drew263 Birmingham, AL Posts: 602
    I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
    Thomas Jefferson

Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
    Thomas Jefferson

--My favorite--
    Repeal that law, and you will soon see a change in their manners. St. Monday and St. Tuesday, will soon cease to be holidays. Six days shalt thou labor, though one of the old commandments long treated as out of date, will again be looked upon as a respectable precept; industry will increase, and with it plenty among the lower people; their circumstances will mend, and more will be done for their happiness by inuring them to provide for themselves, than could be done by dividing all your estates among them.

Benjamin Franklin

Excessive taxation will carry reason & reflection to every man's door, and particularly in the hour of election.

Thomas Jefferson

--Ok this is really my favorite--
    "Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy."

Ben Franklin
  • Options
    Drew263Drew263 Birmingham, AL Posts: 602
    This first one seems very appropriate on the AMT....

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    - Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    Love lift us up where we BELONG, where the EAGLE flies....
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    14.A GOOD MIXTURE is 70 percent faith and 30 percent science. Faith in the ART OF PEACE will show you how to understand the intricacies of modern science.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    "Don't let yourself be victimized by the age you live in. It's not the times that will bring us down, any more than it's society. When you put the blame on society, then you end up turning to society for the solution. .... There's a tendency today to absolve individuals of moral responsibility and treat them as victims of social circumstance. You buy that, you pay with your soul. It's not men who limit women, it's not straights who limit gays, it's not whites who limit blacks. What limits people is lack of character. What limits people is that they don't have the fucking nerve of imagination to star in their own movie, let alone direct it. Yuk."

"Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been sober, responsible, and cautious, but because it has been playful, rebellious, and immature."

And finally, the most relevant for this forum...

"Tunnel vision is caused by an optic fungus that multiplies when the brain is less energetic than the ego. It is complicated by exposure to politics."
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    "That kangaroo stole my ball!!!" Rodney Dangerfield
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    "Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." – Tolstoy

"The capacity to learn is a gift;
    The ability to learn is a skill;
    The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." –Unknown

"It's easy to curb the freedoms of others when you see no immediate impact on your own." -Malcolm Forbes

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." -Thomas Jefferson

"It is better to have a government in fear of its people than to have a people in fear of their government." –Unknown

"...see here's the thing, it's a presidential election year, and although it doesn't feel like it most days, your vote counts..and your voice counts. We've been tricked into thinking that it doesn't, but it does. Choose to use your voice. If you don't..use your voice, someone else will speak for you, believe me. Think for yourself and question authority." Maynard James Keenan

" You're the only one who knows who you are. I hope you know who you are. If you don't know who you are, figure it out. Cause you are somebody. And I'm probably stating the obvious, but I just thought I'd do it anyway. So if you feel like you've got a piece of duct tape on your mouth, if you feel like you can't speak, take it off, speak up, speak your mind, shout it out, let em hear, shout it out...." - Ed Vedder

"I wish I was the President, I wouldn't go to war, I'd communicate and negotiate, isn't that what Presidents are for?" Ed Vedder
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    "Gotta love the naked rule"
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    melodious wrote:
    "Gotta love the naked rule"

I've seen that before...hmmm :D love scrubs, lol
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    The truth is so often the reverse of what has been told us by our culture that we cannot turn our heads far enough around to see it.

Howard Zinn.
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    Perhaps the worst consequence of WWII is that it kept alive the idea that war could be just.

Howard Zinn-who fought in WWII.
  • Options
    Commy wrote:
    Perhaps the worst consequence of WWII is that it kept alive the idea that war could be just.

Howard Zinn-who fought in WWII.

I like this one, WWII was just, but preventable, but it is used as the why war works

Stop by:
  • Options
    15.CONFLICT BETWEEN material and spritual science creates pysical and mental exhaustion, but wehn matter and spirit are harmonized, all stress and fatigue disappear.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    'Brevity is the highest........... '
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    "Things have been tough lately for dreamers. They say dreaming is dead, no one does it anymore. It's not dead it's just that it's been forgotten, removed from our language. Nobody teaches it so nobody knows it exists. The dreamer is banished to obscurity. Well, I'm trying to change all that, and I hope you are too. By dreaming, every day. Dreaming with our hands and dreaming with our minds. Our planet is facing the greatest problems it's ever faced, ever. So whatever you do, don't be bored, this is absolutely the most exciting time we could have possibly hoped to be alive. And things are just starting"

--Waking Life

Thanks, Abook :);)
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    If you have a strong mind and plant in it a firm resolve, you can change your destiny

yep!!!!!

gratefulness.org
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    16.USE YOUR BODY to create forms, use your spirit to transcend forms; unify body and spirit to activate THE ARTOF PEACE....
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    Collin wrote:
    "Things have been tough lately for dreamers. They say dreaming is dead, no one does it anymore. It's not dead it's just that it's been forgotten, removed from our language. Nobody teaches it so nobody knows it exists. The dreamer is banished to obscurity. Well, I'm trying to change all that, and I hope you are too. By dreaming, every day. Dreaming with our hands and dreaming with our minds. Our planet is facing the greatest problems it's ever faced, ever. So whatever you do, don't be bored, this is absolutely the most exciting time we could have possibly hoped to be alive. And things are just starting"

--Waking Life

:);):)
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    angelicaangelica Posts: 6,038
    "That's the whole problem with science. You've got a bunch of empiricists trying to describe things of unimaginable wonder.”
    ~Bill Watterson
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!
  • Options
    "At last fell humbly down upon his knees, and of his wonder made religion."
    ~Edmund Spenser
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

• Options
    Collin wrote:

--Waking Life

"I was complaining, I was down in the dumps
    I feel so strong now 'cause you pulled me up!
    Pull me up up up up up up up up"~Talking Heads

Thank you, Collin :)
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    17.IF YOU have not
    Linked yourself
    To true emptiness,
    You will never understand
    THE ART OF PEACE.

*this quote and another about about questioning others intentions are the two that stand out the most.

all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    THE ART OF PEACE functions everywhere on earth, in realms ranging from the vastness of space down to the tiniest plants and animals. The life force is all pervasive and its strength boundless. THE ART OF PEACE allows us to perceive and tap into that tremendous reserve of universal energy...
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    It's a honey of an O
    It's Honey Nut Cheerios
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Roland, that was really cute...thank you for light heartedness...

Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless when facing them.
    from gratefulness.org...quote of the day...

*.thank you book...you know i love you so much and your linkage to all these other wonderful HUmans....you are a spark in my flame...

give my best to the bong; ...."man, o man life evolves" melody...;)
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    It's a honey of an O
    It's Honey Nut Cheerios
    thank you for lighthearted way....
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    "brevity is the soul of wit"
    -william shakespeare
    "be a philosopher but, amid all your philosophy, be first a man" - david hume

Mitch Hedberg- RIP 1968-2005. your jokes have laughed me through a lot. I thank you.
  • Options
    19.Eight forces sustain creation:

Movement and stillness,
    Solidification and fluidity,
    Extension and contraction,
    Unification and Division
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    20.LIFE IS GROWTH. If we stop growing technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead. THE ART OF PEACE is a celebration of the bonding of heaven, earth, and humankind. It is all that is true, good and beautiful.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    melodious wrote:
    20.LIFE IS GROWTH. If we stop growing technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead. THE ART OF PEACE is a celebration of the bonding of heaven, earth, and humankind. It is all that is true, good and beautiful.
    Amen! :)