Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• pj1981pj1981 Posts: 288
    “My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch”
    Jack Nicholson
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile....

- Unknown
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • "He flexed his muscles to keep his flock of sheep in line
    He made a virus that would kill off all the swine
    His perfect kingdom of killing, suffering, and pain
    Demands devotion... atrocities done in his name"
  • "Step right up, march, push
    Crawl right up on your knees
    Please, greed, feed (no time to hesitate)
    I want a little bit, I want a piece of it, I think he's losing it
    I want to watch it come down
    Don't like the look of it, don't like the taste of it, don't like the smell of it
    I want to watch it come down
    All the pigs are all lined up
    I give you all that you want
    Take the skin and peel it back
    Now doesn't that make you feel better?"
  • "For $11,000 per month, [Trent Reznor] rented the house located at 10050 Cielo Drive in Beverly Hills, California, where actress Sharon Tate was murdered by members of the Manson Family in 1969, on July 4, 1992. Reznor purchased several musical instruments and production equipment, and built a studio space in the house which he named "Le Pig", after the message that was scrawled on the front door with Tate's blood by her murderers."

:shock:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    “I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them. They were obviously loving somebody I wasn't.”
    ― Marilyn Monroe
  • “The majority of us lead quiet, unheralded lives as we pass through this world. There will most likely be no ticker-tape parades for us, no monuments created in our honor. But that does not lessen our possible impact, for there are scores of people waiting for someone just like us to come along; people who will appreciate our compassion, our unique talents. Someone who will live a happier life merely because we took the time to share what we had to give. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have a potential to turn a life around. It’s overwhelming to consider the continuous opportunities there are to make our love felt.”
    ― Leo Buscaglia
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
    "Give me a museum and I'll fill it."

- Pablo Picasso (1881-1973)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    Some people feel love in their hearts, Some of us feel it all way into our souls.
    We're the ones who can't forget....

― Judith McNaught
    “She looked so beautiful in the moonlight, but it wasn't only the way she looked, it was what was inside her, everything from her intelligence and courage to her wit, and the special smile she gave only to him. He would slay a dragon, if there were such a thing, just to see that smile. He knew he would never want anyone else for as long as he lived. He would rather spend the rest of his life alone than with someone else. There could be no one else...”

― Terry Goodkind,
    And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye....

Antoine de Saint-Exupery
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    mikalina wrote:
    And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye....

Antoine de Saint-Exupery
    You know, Mikalina... I like you. I like the way you always add something nice... in a real sincere and honest way.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
    Cosmo wrote:
    mikalina wrote:

Antoine de Saint-Exupery
    You know, Mikalina... I like you. I like the way you always add something nice... in a real sincere and honest way.

Thanks Cosmo.... :P
  • "In school they said practice makes perfect, then they said no one is perfect, so i stopped practicing"
    Steven Wright
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    "...anger is a constructive emotion, hatred is not. It's destructive. And rather than acting out on the violence, instead we scream our heads off and play loud music. That way, nobody gets hurt. So keep that in mind when we play this song. It's not about fucking someone up, it's about being very angry to the point where you have to scream about it... rather than do something about it."-Maynard James Keenan
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,221
    failure to prepare prepares you for failure ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    “Although no one can go back and make a brand new start,
    anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending....”

― Carl Bard

I really like this one... :D
  • "are you going to turn left when nothing is right, or turn right when there is nothing left"
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    "We all declare for liberty; but in using the same word we do not all mean the same thing. With some the word liberty may mean for each man to do as he pleases with himself, and the product of his labor; while with others, the same word may mean for some men to do as please with other men, and the product of other men's labor. Here are two, not only different, but incompatible things, called by the same name - liberty. And it follows that each of the things is, by the respective parties, called by two different and incompatible names - liberty and tyrrany."

- Lincoln
    Hatred is self punishment. Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    “One does not hate as long as one has a low esteem of someone, but only when one esteems him as an equal or a superior.” - Nietzsche
    Inconsiderate, condescending people, have a special place in hell.
    “One does not hate as long as one has a low esteem of someone, but only when one esteems him as an equal or a superior.” - Nietzsche
    Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

Would you like that Biggie sized?
    Don't be condescending to unskilled labor. Try it for a half a day first.
    Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    No Shit Sherlock!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.”

Mother Theresa
    "Theories that criticize capitalism and explore alternatives are denied even the chance of discussion in the vast majority of our higher education curricula. This is a disservice to our students and to our society." -- Richard Wolffe.