Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

Ben Parker

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    two for tuesday

Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power.
    Benito Mussolini

Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.
    Benito Mussolini
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I know that's what people say-- you'll get over it. I'd say it, too. But I know it's not true.
    Oh, youll be happy again, never fear. But you won't forget.
    Every time you fall in love it will be because something in the man reminds you of him....”

― Betty Smith,
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • USARAYUSARAY Posts: 517
    saying someone isugly doesnt make you anyprettier
  • Racism is the Culture of Stupid....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    “This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.”
    ― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    "I'd like to make her look a little more attractive. How far can you pull back?"

"How do you feel about Cleveland?"

I love me some Tootsie :)
  • Love as much as you can..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Love as much as you can..
    That's lovely. :)

"I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things.” Tom Waits
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy
    mlk
    Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.
    mlk
    (we have smart bombs and dumb men)
    jc
    A nation that continues year after year (after year after year after year after year) to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom
    mlk
  • "The mystery of human existence lies not in just staying alive, but in finding something to live for."
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • USARAYUSARAY Posts: 517
    to ride ahorse is to ridethe sky
    “Love is being honest with yourself at all times
    being honest with the other person at all times
    telling, listening, respecting the truth
    and never pretending
    Love is the source of reality”

― Susan Polis Schutz
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    "Bitch set me up." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

This he said after he was busted smoking crack cocaine in a monitored hotel then promptly arrested.

"I read a funny story about how the Republicans freed the slaves. The Republicans are the ones who created slavery by law in the 1600's. Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves and he was not a Republican." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• "I put my faith in God and my trust in you. Now, there's nothing more fucked up I could do! Wish there was something real, wish there was something true. Wish there was something real, in this world full of you. I'm the one without a soul, I'm the one with this big fucking hole. No new tale to tell, twenty-six years on my way to hell! Gotta listen to your big time hard line, bad luck fist fuck! Don't think you're having all the fun, you know me I hate everyone"-Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails

Some of the saddest lyrics I have ever come across.... chilling and frail... Having a bad day? Try Trent's world...
  • "Lying to my face again
    Suicidal imbecile
    You're pounding on a fault line
    What'll it take to get it through to you precious
    Over this , why do you wanna
    Throw it away like this
    Such a mess, over this, over this"
    I love how Trent's music/lyrics (as with Maynard) can either light a FUCK YOU fire under my ass, or allow me to wallow a bit - whether legitimatley self-indulgently or not.

Both feed me so well.

Excellent writers.
  • pj1981pj1981 Posts: 288
    “Things blossom in their time. They bud and bloom, blossom and fade. Everything in its time.”
    ― Neil Gaiman, The Graveyard Book
    pj1981 wrote:
    “Things blossom in their time. They bud and bloom, blossom and fade. Everything in its time.”
    ― Neil Gaiman, The Graveyard Book
    I like this. Bud, bloom, blossom, fade (out).

Life.
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

― Apple Inc.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    “I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”
    ― Dr. Seuss
  • pj1981pj1981 Posts: 288
    Live without pretending, love without depending, listen without defending, speak without offending.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” ~Bob Marley
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    "So long, Alex! Have fun! May the luck of the Seven Pillars of Gulu be with you at all times!"

- Centauri
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    davidtrios wrote:
    “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” ~Bob Marley
    this!!!
    davidtrios wrote:
    "The truth is, you're going to hurt everyone. You just got to find the ones who are willing to suffer for you." - me

(life may be unfair, but it's also wonderfully symmetrical when we - OK, I - look at it that way)
  • "Push the envelope, watch it bend"