Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• "My friend, Bill O'Reilly... is full of shit."-John Stewart

:lol:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    "Your wrinkles either show that you're nasty, cranky, and senile,
    or that you're always smiling."

Carlos Santana
  • "You know, I gave them a year and a half to prepare for this record... I'm surrounded by these people who I care about very much, yet they continue to keep failing me."-Billy Corgan on the recording of Siamese Dream
  • "...In L.A., noisy, smoggy-gotta love it."-My dad

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    "...In L.A., noisy, smoggy-gotta love it."-My dad

"Bloody red sun of Phantastic L.A."
    - JM
    82d5e67384122f8be8e0c869fcbc208f5afd5afb.jpg
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    “Of all the means to insure happiness throughout the whole life,
    by far the most important is the acquisition of friends.”

― Epicurus,
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    There is no distance too far between friends, for friendship gives wings to the heart...

Kathy Kay Benudiz
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • "I'm for rolling
    I'm for tossing in my sleep
    It's not guilt though
    It's not the company I keep"
    - NY
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • "Can you read, my son?"

"Well, that depends... can you go fuck yourself?"-Bubbles

• "Take out my ass! Looks to me like you're on a date with cinnamon roll fucking head"-Ricky

:lol::lol:

Rofl_10.gif
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    How do you go from where you are to where you want to be? I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal, and you have to be willing to work for it.

I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.

To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.
    But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.

......Jim Valvano....RIP

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

A man's friendships are one of the best measures of his worth....

Charles Darwin
    Illusion is the first of all pleasures....

Oscar Wilde
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world
    cannot be seen, nor touched...but are felt in the heart..."

-Helen Keller (1880-1968)
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    edited November 2012
    "Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why." - Eddie Cantor
    Post edited by comebackgirl on

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,872
    mickeyrat wrote:
    "It is impossible to to defeat an ignorant man in an argument"
    William G. McAdoo (1863-1941)
    American Government Official
    thought it beared repeating.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • aerialaerial Posts: 2,319
    Here is a quote that is from George Carlin...
    The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? A Death! What's that, a bonus? I think the life cycle is all backwards. You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work. You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities, you become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating...
    ...and you finish off as an orgasm.”

If its already post...sorry, just thought it was funny....and wouldn't it be NICE
    “We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” Abraham Lincoln
  • This threat began poltical so I'll add on that tangent. First post said; "Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. ~ George Bernard Shaw".

I've posted this elsewhere but since this a compilation, I think it's worth adding here.

Alex Carey quote: " The 20th century is defined by 3 things of great politcal importance; the growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means to protect corporate power from deomocracy."
    “People always say that, when you love someone, nothing in the world matters. But that's not true, is it? You know, and I know, that when you love someone, everything in the world matters a little bit more...”

― Jodi Picoult,
    “Beauty is found in anything that delights the senses, nourishes the soul, fires the imagination.”

― Thomas Kinkade
  • “My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.” ― Dalai Lama XIV

“The simplest acts of kindness are by far more powerful then a thousand heads bowing in prayer.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

“He promised her that he would give her everything, everything she wanted, as men in love always do.
    And she trusted him despite herself, as women in love always do...”

― Philippa Gregory,
    “And if you couldn't be loved, the next best thing was to be left alone.”

― L.M. Montgomery
    “If music be the food of love, play on.”

― William Shakespeare,
  • "There is no lonelier man in death, except the suicide, than that man who has lived many years with a good wife and then outlived her. If two people love each other there can be no happy end to it."

Ernest Hemingway
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    “Lovers alone wear sunlight.”
    ― E.E. Cummings
    Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle,
    and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
    Happiness never decreases by being shared....

Buddha
  • "For some moments in life there are no words."- David Seltzer, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand."- Patti Smith

• "When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares." -Henri Nouwen

"At some of the darkest moments in my life, some people I thought of as friends deserted me-some because they cared about me and it hurt them to see me in pain; others because I reminded them of their own vulnerability, and that was more than they could handle. But real friends overcame their discomfort and came to sit with me. If they had not words to make me feel better, they sat in silence (much better than saying, "You'll get over it," or "It's not so bad; others have it worse") and I loved them for it." - Harold Kushner

"Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house.
    Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor...
    Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.
    Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting..."

-Mother Theresa