Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    “I'm not strange, weird, off, nor crazy, my reality is just different from yours.”

― Lewis Carroll

Haven't released the inner philosopher in me yet... ;)
  • JBiiJBii Posts: 354
    "It occurs to me the greatest understanding comes from standing in anothers shoes and we can't do that until we walk the path. Walk it side by side or in anothers footprints. We can listen to the words of the wise and even enjoy the message but it’s through our own personal experience that we find true understanding. We find a meeting of the minds."
    That what you fear the most could meet you halfway
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead....

~ Oscar Wilde
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    Friends can help each other. A true friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself - and especially to feel. Or, not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at the moment is fine with them. That's what real love amounts to - letting a person be what he really is....

~ Jim Morrison
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    "If wishes could come true I only need to believe they do"
    “Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.” Paolo Coelho.
    “One morning, about four o'clock, I was driving my car just about as fast as I could. I thought, 'Why am I out on the highway this time of night?' I was miserable, and it all came to me:

'I'm falling in love with somebody I have no right to fall in love with. I can't fall in love with this man, but it's just like a ring of fire.”

― June Carter Cash
    "I live now within a song and I sail on a breeze."
    Author Rebekah Teal writes: "I’ve noticed a new popular pastime. And that is to take pleasure in criticizing others. Have you noticed it? The way we’ve all become generally intolerant of the other guy? We sit around and stew about what someone else is doing or not doing, what someone else has or doesn’t have, what someone else believes or doesn’t believe. We even speculate about motives. In short, we lack compassion for each other, and that is giving us a bad attitude … It hurts us. It gets in the way of finding our own joy and contentment. When we become so negative about things that are irrelevant to us, we are unable to seek the positive things that are truly relevant. There is no room, no motivation, and no energy left to find the fireflies in our own lives."
    JBii wrote:
    Author Rebekah Teal writes: "I’ve noticed a new popular pastime. And that is to take pleasure in criticizing others. Have you noticed it? The way we’ve all become generally intolerant of the other guy? We sit around and stew about what someone else is doing or not doing, what someone else has or doesn’t have, what someone else believes or doesn’t believe. We even speculate about motives. In short, we lack compassion for each other, and that is giving us a bad attitude … It hurts us. It gets in the way of finding our own joy and contentment. When we become so negative about things that are irrelevant to us, we are unable to seek the positive things that are truly relevant. There is no room, no motivation, and no energy left to find the fireflies in our own lives."

I really like this one.... thanks for sharing
  • AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    Up here so high the boughs they break
    Up here so high the sky I scrape
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
    Baby got it, still got it
    “If you obsess over whether you are making the right decision, you are basically assuming that the universe will reward you for one thing and punish you for another.

The universe has no fixed agenda. Once you make any decision, it works around that decision. There is no right or wrong, only a series of possibilities that shift with each thought, feeling, and action that you experience.

If this sounds too mystical, refer again to the body. Every significant vital sign- body temperature, heart rate, oxygen consumption, hormone level, brain activity, and so on- alters the moment you decide to do anything… decisions are signals telling your body, mind, and environment to move in a certain direction.”

― Deepak Chopra, The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life
    "Some people seem to fade away but then when they are truly gone, it's like they didn't fade away at all."
  • AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    Relating to the Spurs game last night

"I haven't seen a beating like that since my brother disappeared for an hour at the Westlake Mall"

Hot Mustard, KSYM San Antonio College Radio - Your Only Alternative
    You know you’re in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.

Dr. Seuss
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    "Watch what you think, they can read your mind. This is the beginning"
    "Well all that icing and all that cake,
    I can't make it to your wedding, but I'm sure I'll be at your wake.
    You were talk, talk, talk, talkin' in circles that day,
    when you get to the point make sure that I'm still awake, OK?

Went to bed and didn't see
    why every day turns out to be
    a little bit more like Bukowski.
    And yeah, I know he's a pretty good read.
    But God who'd wanna be?
    God who'd wanna be such an asshole?"
    Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.
    "It's not C-D, it's FUCK-YOU"-Trent Reznor describing how he wants his guitarists to play "Terrible Lie"
    You never know how strong you are… until being strong is the only choice you have....

― Cayla Mills
    Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today...

– James Dean
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    "I'm too blessed to be stressed."

From an older woman (actually, she's not really "older", maybe in her early 60s) who lives in my building...she's on oxygen and has other obvious health problems. Always compliments my hair, always is genuinely friendly, kind, gracious.

Riding down in the elevator with her, we stopped on a floor where a young woman with MS was waiting in her wheelchair. I've seen her health degenerate from where she only needed a walker.

This morning, I learned that my co-worker had a stroke and died on Friday. Her husband of over 30-something years is just lost without her.

As heavy as my heart is today, I am more aware than ever of how very blessed I am, no matter what life may throw at me.

Those six words from my neighbor made a difference to me, and she probably doesn't even know it.

And it really doesn't matter - the love you take is...well, we all know.
    I just love this quote...

Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won’t either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning....

You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth.

You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near,

let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness.

Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could !!!.....

– Louise Erdrich
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    mikalina wrote:

Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won’t either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning....

You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near,

let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness.

– Louise Erdrich
    Say hello
    To all the apples on the ground
    They were once in your eyes
    But you sneezed them out while sleeping

- The Nurse Who Loved Me

(I liked that quote, mikalina, especially the very first line)
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Perception is the way of truth. - Not conviction, not method, but perception is the way of truth. It is a state of effortless awareness, pliable awareness, choiceless awareness.

Bruce Lee - 'On Being Human'
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    A Practical Dreamer - Be a practical dreamer backed up by action

Bruce Lee - On Being Human
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
    True friends stab you in the front.
    Oscar Wilde
    hedonist wrote:
    mikalina wrote:

– Louise Erdrich
    Say hello

- The Nurse Who Loved Me

(I liked that quote, mikalina, especially the very first line)

Say hello
    .... I love this :D
    “I want to see you.

Know your voice.

Recognize you when you
    first come 'round the corner.

Sense your scent when I come
    into a room you've just left.

Know the lift of your heel,
    the glide of your foot.

Become familiar with the way
    you purse your lips
    then let them part,
    just the slightest bit,
    when I lean in to your space
    and kiss you....

I want to know the joy
    of how you whisper
    "more”...

― Rumi
    “On a day when the wind is perfect,
    the sail just needs to open and the world is full of beauty.
    Today is such a day.”

― Rumi