Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    "What the mass of people want is economic growth of a different kind. More leisure, for example. Growth in a harmonious relationship with nature. Time for the important relationships of life." -- Richard Wolff
  • I think I see Blue, he looks GLORIOUS - Frank the Tank
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    When two people meet and fall in love, there's a sudden rush of magic. Magic is just naturally present then. We tend to feed on that gratuitous magic without striving to make any more.

One day we wake up and find that the magic is gone. We hustle to get it back, but by then it's usually too late, we've used it up.

What we have to do is work like hell at making additional magic right from the start. It's hard work, but if we can remember to do it, we greatly improve our chances of making love stay.”

― Tom Robbins
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap all over the board, and strut around like it's victorious. :mrgreen:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    mikalina wrote:
    When two people meet and fall in love, there's a sudden rush of magic. Magic is just naturally present then. We tend to feed on that gratuitous magic without striving to make any more.

One day we wake up and find that the magic is gone. We hustle to get it back, but by then it's usually too late, we've used it up.

What we have to do is work like hell at making additional magic right from the start. It's hard work, but if we can remember to do it, we greatly improve our chances of making love stay.”

― Tom Robbins
    this is great mik

yes it's all in the magic :D oh and funny feelings
    g under p wrote:
    Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap all over the board, and strut around like it's victorious. :mrgreen:

Peace

:lol:
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Jeanwah wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

The minute I saw this I thought it fit perfectly, we should all remember this. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

The minute I saw this I thought it fit perfectly, we should all remember this. :D

Peace

Absolutely. Thanks for the laugh!
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    Post deleted by Admin. See the Posting Guidelines.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=91525
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    “No woman gets an orgasm from shining the kitchen floor. ”
    ― Betty Friedan

agreed...but there's no better foreplay than a clean house 8-)
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Seduce my mind and you can have my body, Find my soul and I’m yours forever....

Anonymous
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    "I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

David Lee Roth
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    In today's America, no child ever loses. There are no losers anymore. Everyone's a winner. No matter what the game or sport or competition, everybody wins. Everybody wins, everybody gets a trophy, no one is a loser. No child these days ever gets to hear those all-important, character building words: "You lost, Bobby!"

"You lost, you're a loser, Bobby!" They miss out on that. You know what they tell a kid who lost these days? "You were the last winner." A lot of these kids never get to hear the truth about themselves until they're in their twenties. When their boss calls them in and says "Bobby, clean the shit out of your desk and get the fuck out of here, you're a loser."

I fuckin miss you, George.
    “Wag more. Bark less.”

:D awesome
    hedonist wrote:
    In today's America, no child ever loses. There are no losers anymore. Everyone's a winner. No matter what the game or sport or competition, everybody wins. Everybody wins, everybody gets a trophy, no one is a loser. No child these days ever gets to hear those all-important, character building words: "You lost, Bobby!"

"You lost, you're a loser, Bobby!" They miss out on that. You know what they tell a kid who lost these days? "You were the last winner." A lot of these kids never get to hear the truth about themselves until they're in their twenties. When their boss calls them in and says "Bobby, clean the shit out of your desk and get the fuck out of here, you're a loser."

I fuckin miss you, George.

Ain't that the truth! I fuckin miss George, too.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."-Gandhi
  • "Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    "Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
    *aside from giving in to the temptation of Ms. Monroe ;)
    "To dads, partners, kids of America: Sunday is Mother's Day," Obama said. "You should not forget."

I giggled :D
  • pj1981pj1981 Posts: 288
    "Forgiveness is me giving up my right to hurt you for hurting me."
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Remember, money can't bring you happiness, but it's better to cry in a Mercedes than it is on a bicycle.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    "Disguise our bondage as we will, 'Tis woman, woman, rules us still"

Thomas More
  • JBiiJBii Posts: 354
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    That what you fear the most could meet you halfway
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    JBii wrote:
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.

I like this one. :thumbup:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    justam wrote:
    JBii wrote:

always remember darkness can not exist without light - catefrances. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    justam wrote:
    JBii wrote:

I love that you're quoting yourself!! :D

(That's what I always feel like doing in this thread because I'd rather speak for myself than quote someone else!)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    justam wrote:

(That's what I always feel like doing in this thread because I'd rather speak for myself than quote someone else!)

And so you should! We all have a bit of philosopher in us :D
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    justam wrote:
    justam wrote:

well you know me a.m... sometimes im the only one that makes any sense to me. ;)8-) and aint that just a little bit scary. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    redrock wrote:
    justam wrote:

And so you should! We all have a bit of philosopher in us :D

Yep.
    twain_seated_with_pipe-2006.04.18-07.14.39.jpg
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&

well you know me a.m... sometimes im the only one that makes any sense to me. ;)8-) and aint that just a little bit scary. :lol:

:lol::D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&