Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• Once more she spoke. "How much do you love me, John?" she asked. He answered: "How much do I love you? Count the stars in the sky. Measure the waters of the oceans with a teaspoon. Number the grains of sand on the sea shore."
    "Impossible, you say? Yes, and it is just as impossible for me to say how much I love you. Everything must have an ending except my love for you."

(i paraphrased the end slightly)
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    In the clearing stands a boxer
    And a fighter by his trade
    And he carries the reminders
    Of ev'ry glove that layed him down
    Or cut him till he cried out
    In his anger and his shame
    "I am leaving, I am leaving"
    But the fighter still remains
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    If everyone in the world liked RUSH, we fans wouldn't be as cool, right.....MEE

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,694
    "The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware."
    - Henry Miller
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

edited August 2013
    “Half the world cries
    Half the world laughs
    Half the world tries
    To be the other half”
    ― Neil Peart

When they turn the pages of history, when these days have passed long ago-- will they read of us with sadness for the seeds that we let grow?
    Neil Peart

Playing a RUSH SHOW is like running a marathon while solving equations....Neil Peart

“Geddy once joked, 'You're the only guy I know who rehearses to rehearse!”

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• prismprism Posts: 2,440
    Apologizing does not always mean that you’re wrong and the other person is right. It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

-Unknown
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    prism wrote:
    Apologizing does not always mean that you’re wrong and the other person is right. It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

-Unknown

Very nice :)

Peace

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another.

Frank Zappa
    Godfather. wrote:
    There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another.

Frank Zappa

Nice Zappa quote, Godfather. :thumbup:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Frank Zappa

Nice Zappa quote, Godfather. :thumbup:

thank you my friend .

Godfather.
    You don't get something for nothing
    You can't have freedom for free.
    You won't get wise
    With the sleep still in your eyes
    No matter what your dream might be.
    -- Something for Nothing (1976)
    .....Neil Peart

Peace

Courageous convictions will drag the dream into existence......Neil Peart

Sometimes to make a dream come through, it will bring out the focused dog in you.

Peace

** Never argue with an idiot, he will beat you down with experience.**

Peace

• "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."

Lincoln
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. - Stephen R. Covey
  • Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. - Stephen R. Covey
    good shit (and i stole it)

It fits these forums, especially the Porch, doesn't it?

yes.
    i think it reaches much farther -
    i actually thought of myself as soon as i read it. Wondering how often do i actually "listen" just to understand and hear the person speaking to me.
  • good shit (and i stole it)

yes.
    i think it reaches much farther -
    i actually thought of myself as soon as i read it. Wondering how often do i actually "listen" just to understand and hear the person speaking to me.

I recognize it in myself as well, sometimes.
  • "i spend entirely too much of my time thinking about people who could not give a shit about me..."

gst27, 9/21/13...

“Who are you to judge the life I live?
    I know I'm not perfect
    -and I don't live to be-
    but before you start pointing fingers...
    make sure you hands are clean!”
    ― Bob Marley
    “The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.”
    ― William Shakespeare
  • "love is giving someone the power to destroy you, but trusting them not to."

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    "love is giving someone the power to destroy you, but trusting them not to."

That's a good quote.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justam wrote:

That's a good quote.
    thanks.

i saw that somewhere and i am trying to work a bastardization of that line into a song i am working on. i think it is a good theme for art because it is true. but if i really want to use it i am finding that i am gonna blow up the whole song and change the arrangement, or create something else.

the quote is a very simple view of a complex emotion. and i like things like that. as people can tell from my posts, i am not great at being concise so i like concise statements like that.

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    justam wrote:

That's a good quote.
    thanks.

i saw that somewhere and i am trying to work a bastardization of that line into a song i am working on. i think it is a good theme for art because it is true. but if i really want to use it i am finding that i am gonna blow up the whole song and change the arrangement, or create something else.

the quote is a very simple view of a complex emotion. and i like things like that. as people can tell from my posts, i am not great at being concise so i like concise statements like that.

I agree with you. The idea could be used in a lot of ways.

Put your songs up when they're done! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justam wrote:

:lol::lol:

they aren't good. i would not do that to everyone here...

;)

justam wrote:

:lol::lol:

they aren't good. i would not do that to everyone here...

;)

You may as well put them up, gimme. You know what a relentless crowd we are. :lol:
    Besides, I'm guessing you are your own worst critic. ;)

• brianlux wrote:
    You may as well put them up, gimme. You know what a relentless crowd we are. :lol:
    Besides, I'm guessing you are your own worst critic. ;)
    i sent you one of them a couple of weeks ago via facebook message.

i was thinking no feedback is good feedback...

i guess you didn't get it ;)

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    “Although no one can go back and make a brand new start,
    anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

― Carl Bard
    ********************************************************************************************* image