Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    "I didn't want to live here, but my heart dragged me, kicking and screaming."
  • "I sat and practiced for eight hours a day everyday. I got home from high school and locked myself in the basement and played guitar until I could pull off those first two Ozzy Osbourne records."-Billy Howerdel
  • "Life is not a matter of holding good cards,
    but of playing a poor hand well." - Robert Louis Stevenson

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places." - Ernest Hemingway
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. -Thomas Jefferson-
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,109
    "Our leaden gold to shit transmutes."
    Ernest Hemingway The Islands In The Stream
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Maybe this is crazy, but I think the right to own a gun is trumped by the right not to be shot by one.- Andy Borowitz
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    davidtrios wrote:
    Maybe this is crazy, but I think the right to own a gun is trumped by the right not to be shot by one.- Andy Borowitz
    *like* :clap::clap::clap:
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • "This song is called fuck Britney Spears... in the ass"

:lol:
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    ... herr hitler made it quite clear that what he was aiming at was the "unity" of a people drilled to obedience in every sphere of life... so that leaders would have in the "united"' people an instrument of power which they cold use for implementing any decision which they might make.
    - leonard woolf.

this is not something unique to hitler im thinking. we see it every day in everything our politicians say. so when we think that the fascist govt of germany would never happen 'here', mayhaps we might like to pause and think what it is we agree with... and at what expense we do so.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    “Love is a flower that grows in any soil, works its sweet miracles undaunted by autumn frost or winter snow, blooming fair and fragrant all the year, and blessing those who give and those who receive...”

― Louisa May Alcott,
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    "Go Fuck Yourself"-John Boehner
  • "since you left, i've had hangovers they can name battleships after...."

from a letter from hemingway to gellhorn
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    "If you have a good story, it doesn't have to be overproduced. I want our stories to reveal the wonders of the human spirit and the richness of life in California, including its history, people, culture and natural wonders."

"That's AMAZING!!"

- Huell Howser

I know many non-Angelinos don't know him, but he was a fixture out here for many years. I shed tears today when I learned of his death.

Such a gentle, genuine, happy and appreciative man. Reminded me a lot of my dad.
  • "The Media is like water....it can be very necessary and good, or it can be bad and destructive!" CRAIG FEAR
    Theres no time like the present

A man that stands for nothing....will fall for anything!

All people need to do more on every level!
    In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on....
    ― Robert Frost
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    “It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart.”

― Suzanne Collins,
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    mikalina wrote:
    “It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart.”

― Suzanne Collins,

so true.
  • USARAYUSARAY Posts: 517
    No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,693
    “One glance at (a book) and you hear the voice of another person - perhaps someone dead for thousands of years. Across the millenia, the author is speaking, clearly and silently, inside your head, directly to you. Writing is perhaps the greatest of human inventions, binding together people, citizens of distant epochs, who never knew one another. Books break the shackles of time.”
    ― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Just be yourself and if people don't like it, we'll, fuck 'em.
    Just be yourself and if people don't like it, we'll, fuck 'em.

Mark Twain, right? :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Nope.

Me. There's too many fake asses out there worrying what people think. The world needs more people like me, it'd would be a lot funner out there.
    Nope.

Me. There's too many fake asses out there worrying what people think. The world needs more people like me, it'd would be a lot funner out there.

Well thank god my ass is real and I don't give a shit. ;)

• I don't actually remember being born, it must have happened during one of my blackouts.

Mr mojo risin
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    You should be very careful if you don't know where your going because you might not get there.

Yogi Berra
  • USARAYUSARAY Posts: 517
    The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.
    John F. Kennedy
    brianlux wrote:

:mrgreen:

I like the Sagan quote. Hell, I just like Sagan.

I woke up with Joni on the brain..."and go round and round and round, in the circle game"

The song itself, so lovely. But that lyric? SO applies here lately ;)
    hedonist wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

:mrgreen:

I like the Sagan quote. Hell, I just like Sagan.

I woke up with Joni on the brain..."and go round and round and round, in the circle game"

The song itself, so lovely. But that lyric? SO applies here lately ;)

I read somewhere that Neil Young was on Joni's mind when she wrote that song. I wish I could remember what the connection was. (But,heck, I wish I could remember a lot of things :lol: )

brianlux wrote:
    I read somewhere that Neil Young was on Joni's mind when she wrote that song. I wish I could remember what the connection was. (But,heck, I wish I could remember a lot of things :lol: )
    One of those times I dig wacky-pedia :P

Mitchell: "In 1965 I was up in Canada, and there was a friend of mine up there who had just left a rock'n'roll band (...) he had just newly turned 21, and that meant he was no longer allowed into his favorite haunt, which was kind of a teeny-bopper club and once you're over 21 you couldn't get back in there anymore; so he was really feeling terrible because his girlfriends and everybody that he wanted to hang out with, his band could still go there, you know, but it's one of the things that drove him to become a folk singer was that he couldn't play in this club anymore. 'Cause he was over the hill. (...) So he wrote this song that was called "Oh to live on sugar mountain" which was a lament for his lost youth. (...) And I thought, God, you know, if we get to 21 and there's nothing after that, that's a pretty bleak future, so I wrote a song for him, and for myself just to give me some hope. It's called The Circle Game."
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny.
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    -- Thomas Jefferson