Let us write a story sentence by sentence.

Comments

• karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Oh shit why did I just walk out like this? Coudn´t I have at least taken the car keys with me. Stupid girl that you are.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    davey tried to get his head into the job he was supposed to be doing. he hated these publicity shots the record company insisted on. as the sounds of guns 'n' roses filled his work space, davey watched as the drummer continously hammed it up for the camera. it amused him but he doubted the suits would be.

'come on dex, we need to get this done and you're driving me nuts'

dex responded by standing stock still with his hands clasped in front of his crotch. he stared straight into the camera and waited for davey to crack up.
    davey liked 'applebite'. they didn't take themselves seriously cause they knew what they were doing wasn't brain surgery. their record company held out great hope for their future. two albums and a third just about to be released. hence the photo shoot. according to the suits, this was do or die time. it was not an attitude the band shared. davey was determined not to smile in response to dex. davey turned to a silent figure sitting by the window.

'hey arlo can you get your brother to act just a little serious here?'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    That would be something. He laught out load as Jason made that remark. Well Davey the only time when I saw him serious was when his penis was stuck between his zipper, and I don't think that is the photo you are looking for.
    arlo looked in the direction of the band. and sure enough dex was acting the goat as he usually did. the fact that dex's new girl isabelle was watching didn't help. arlo walked over to his brother and pulled him aside.

'listen mate i know you think you're being funny but you've got to think of the band. davey's trying to do his job and you're screwing it up. just get this done and then you can act the fool all you want. okay?'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Oh come on Davey, do you really want us to sritke the pose. And look like Madonna?
    Hey dude, that would be a really cool idea Dex. That could work can't it Davey?
    Both Davey and Arlo shot Jason a look of pure hatred. They both knew that what Jason wasn't prepared to do, he was more than willing to egg Dex into doing. And then geta laugh at Dex's expense. Arlo manoeuvered his brother away from the group so he could speak to him more privately. Davey turned to Jason.

'no i don't want you to do anything 'Madonna', but i also don't want these photos to suck Jason. You can't be doing that with Dex. You should know better.'

Davey went back to his camera changing film and trying to ignore whatever tension was going on between Jason and Dex that initiated this latest round of one upmanship. Jason walked over to the kitchenette and made himself a mug of coffee. into which he poured a generous swig of whiskey. Davey's voice filled the awkward silence.

'you know maybe we should do this somewhere else. outdoors. over in Bender Woods. I think that'd work for that feel you guys are going for. what d'you reckon Toby?'

Applebite's singer, who had been sitting on the floor, trying to remain impartial, looked up at Davey.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Yeah, fine by me. Maybe we could do the shoot by the art work, do you know the one?
    davey knew exactly what artwork toby was talking about. it was an eight foot man cast in bronze that had been one of anna's first collaborative efforts. in fact there were two men caught mid battle. it looked more like they were dancing and that is what anna and the sculptor, henry, had wanted. henry had a fascination with celtic myth and saw the slighty larger of the two figures as fiann mac cumhaill. who the other one was, didn't matter. anna was just twenty years old when it was completed, and davey had seen it for the first time before he'd even met her. it was always a favourite spot to visit, cause it stood not far from a creek in a clearing. as you walked through the woods, you crossed over a stone bridge and it appeared to your right. in winter with the trees naked of all their leaves, it somehow fit into what could have been a whole deliberate scene. when davey asked anna about it later, she admitted that she and henry would come out to this spot and lie on the ground staring up into the sky. they'd watch as stray leaves fell around them. she neither confirmed nor denied davey's inquiry as to whether she and henry had been lovers. anna said it was none of his business and just pointed out that henry was in his forties. davey doubted that an age gap that big would have stopped anna from doing anything, but he gave her the benefit of the doubt. davey had used this location with applebite before, when they were first starting out, and toby had come to his old schoolfriend for a favour.

'yeah i know the one.'

davey hesitated.

'you sure you want to do it there?'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Yeah why not If the Beatles can have a photo shoot twice in one place, then who are we to say it can't be done. I kinda have a cool photo in mind for the bridge as well. Not sure if it will work though. Come on Davey boy, what have we got to lose? Things aren't working out now so the couldn't get much worse.
    davey shook his head.

'there's chutzpah for you. comparing yourself to the beatles.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Comparing us to The Beatles, hell no buddy! Following good advice. Who know's maybe some of the greatness will rub off.
    freya stood across the road from anna's building. she needed to know for sure whether or not there had been anything between vincent and her sister. she was almost certain something had happened. otherwise she found it difficult to understand their mutual dislike. she was sorry for attacking anna like she did at the farm. she knew that whoring wasn't one of anna's defects despite what she had said. she was angry at her sister for once again being the centre of attention. at twenty nine she should have been past such petty jealousies, but she wasn't. to freya everything that anna set her mind to she managed to accomplish, be it her art work or totally writing herself off. freya had enough trouble keeping her marriage together and perhaps it was that that clouded her judgement towards anna. she didn't want to be alone. and if that meant putting up with vincent's shit then that was her decision to make. right or wrong.
    freya sighed and started across the road.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Hallo Anna. Do you have some time to talk, please?
    no. that wouldn't do. anna would just slam the door in my face, freya thought. anna frustrated her sister like no other person she'd ever known. they'd gone through so much growing up and she thought that she was the one that had handled it. that she'd managed to get out from under their father unscathed. turned out freya was in absloute denial. at least anna had channelled her rage into her art. then again her sister was now a diagnosed depressive so maybe freya was the lucky one. no. she didn't believe that for a second. she'd seen what anna had gone through all these years. there's no way freya would wish that upon her worst enemy let alone herself. or her sister for that matter.
    freya stared at the wooden door in front of her. maybe if she stood there long enough, anna would sense she was there, open the door and welcome her in.you're a 'fraidycat freya, can't even face your own sister.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    She rang the bell even though she much rather hadn’t. When I opened she just stood there for what felt like a minute, when finally she said; We need to talk, or better yet I need to ask you something. She said it in a manner that should have made it easy for me to deny her this request, as it happened I could not. She seemed different than usual, most of the time Freya was the type of person that preferred light conversation. This didn’t seem like an opening line for a light conversation.
    I always thought of Freya as a shallow and uninteresting person, and truth be told most of the time that wasn’t without justification. Not this time though, she seemed to have an frantic urgency about her that she was trying to hide. Unsuccessfully, but I choose not to break this illusion that apparently gave her the power to do whatever she came her for.
    It most have taken a few seconds to reply to her request, because she asked again. As I was still somewhat astounded by the change within my sister I muttered; ueh …. Yeah sure come in
    it must have thrown freya to see johnny sitting on the windowsill, because she hesitated. he said hello and if took her a couple of seconds to react. by which timwe johnny didn't care one way or the other. he usually said hello out of pure habit not cause he particularly cared about someone 's presence.
    i didn't offer my sister a drink or any kind of snack. i didn't want her here but felt she had something she needed to unburden herself of. i crossed my arms across chest and stared at her defiantly.

'what is it you want to know freya?'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    I,......I wanted to talk. In privet is possible.

She seemed nervous and on edge. This was going to be interesting. I wondered if I should meet her request for privacy. I really didn't want to do this right now. I had my own state of mind to consider.
    'i don't have any secrets from johnny, freya. so what ever you want to talk about, i suggest you start talking before i lose interest.'

i turned my back and started towards an unfinished canvas. i was having trouble working out which direction to go with it. but freya didn't have to know that. i felt her presence behind me just before she spoke.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Anna I wanted to ask you about, ...... well about the things you said, the things you said about Vincent. I need to know what it is you know.
    'what i know about what freya?'

if she thought i was going to make this easy for her. she didn't know me very well. plus both of us needed to be absolutely clear on vincent. no room for misinterpretation or ignorance.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    I want to know more about what you said about Vincent during the last family meeting in the clinic.
    i growled and covered my face with my hands. i removed them and looked at freya.

'come on freya. you're gonna have to do better than that. tell me what you want to know, specifically?'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    She sighed to make her aggravation clear. You were quit clear about him not being faithfull. I want to know what it is you know about his indiscretion.
    'this isn't about just vincent and you know it. you want to know if I screwed around with your husband. isn't that what this is about freya?'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    No Anna that is not it. What I want to know is did he try to get you in to bed.
    i looked at johnny. he already knew this story, but he decided to leave the room anyway.
    i looked back at freya. i closed my eyes momentarily to compose myself then looked back at my sister.

'i wouldn't say bed exactly. i don't want to hurt you with this freya.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    The damage is already done, Anna. Spill it.
    'yes then. vincent has tried. on more than one occasion he has forced himself on me.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    How? You say forced, I take it then he didn't ask. And how far did he go?
    i did a doubletake. did she really think i would sleep with her husband of my own will?

'so glad you picked up on the word forced freya. do you really think that i am capable of sleeping with that son ofa bitch?'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say